You've heard that all sins are equal, right? Well, here's a simple Bible quiz that should settle the matter.
* Can You Know a House Had a Builder? Creation organizations attempt to diminish "historical" science as compared to "observational" science. That claim, at odds with the overwhelming success of forensic science, comes awfully close to the false materialist claim that you can only really know what your five senses tell you. Question: Can you have a certainty that a house had a builder, even if you did not see your home being built? Yes. For, if you cannot trust your mind to ascertain many things that absolutely have happened in the past, then neither could you trust your eyes about what is happening in the present.
Bob Enyart Debates
What does the Bible say about the deity of Christ? For centuries, as affirmed at the Council of Nicea, Christians have used a wonderful list of verses to demonstrate from God's Word the deity of Jesus Christ. Here is another very different approach to show the same truth. (This is similar to the "Big Picture" approach used in the overview of the Bible called The Plot.)
[See all this and more in a concise Google docs spreadsheet
List of Original Biomaterial Fossils (maintained) with links
to the peer-reviewed papers in leading science journals.]
Scientific Journals: Nature, Science, PNAS, PLoS One, Proceedings of the Royal Society, Bone, Acta Histochemica, the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, Proteome Research, and others below in our chronological catalog, "the web's most complete list of dinosaur soft tissue discoveries," as published in many leading journals, according to a co-author of one of those papers.
Biological Material Found: As of 2016, in fossils from dinosaur-layer and deeper strata, researchers have discovered flexible and transparent blood vessels, red blood cells, many various proteins including beta-keratin, the microtubule building block tubulin, collagen, the cytoskeleton components actin, tropomyosin, and the related motor protein myosin, and hemoglobin, bone maintenance osteocyte cells, pigment and evidence of melanosomes, DNA-related histone proteins, and powerful evidence for DNA including positive results from multiple double-helix tests.
Dinosaur and Dinosaur-Layer Creatures: The dinosaurs and other Mesozoic creatures that have yielded their biological material are hadrosaur, titanosaur, ornithomimosaur [ostrich-like dinosaurs], mosasaur, [bird-like] Anchiornis huxleyi, triceratops, Lufengosaurs, T. rex, and Archaeopteryx.
A hermeneutic is a tool for interpreting the Bible that students use to better understand the Scriptures. Proper hermeneutics are invaluable. "Of all Bob Enyart's materials, the Hermeneutics Seminar is the best!" says Brian of Thornton, Colorado, a caller into the BEL radio program. Filmed at Denver's famous Brown Palace Hotel, Bob presents the most important hermeneutics, discusses their misuse, and gives examples of how to use them properly. This fascinating Bible study is available on MP3-CD or MP3 download. You can click to order online or call us at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278) and either way you'll also get the extensive seminar handout and the slides that Bob presented to help folks remember each of the hermeneutics and how to use them.
At Bob Enyart's Hermeneutics Seminar the group studied not only the following list of hermeneutics but also the importance of the order in which they are presented and prioritized while interpreting Scripture. Here they are:
God: existence, eternity, and entity (i.e., the Godhead, as in Romans 1:20)
His Story: the plot, storyline, historical narrative (grasping the Bible's overview is the key to its details)
His Nature: living, personal, relational, good, and loving (includes J.O.N.A.H. & N.O.A.H.)
[Updated March 4, 2021] * Do You Know About the Extensive Evidence for the Global Flood? Welcome! You have arrived at Real Science Radio's landing page that will introduce you to our resources on the global flood. RSR has been convinced of the accuracy and the predictive and explanatory power of Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory. We refer to the HPT also as the fountains-of-the-great-deep flood model. Our resources include:
- A full version of Dr. Brown's website right here at hpt.rsr.org
- A flip book of his best-selling In the Beginning
- Our full HPT flood video from our YouTube channel embedded just below
- Evidence that corroborates the global flood (two lists: for atheists and for Christians)
- The strongest contrary evidence RSR has identified to the HPT
- That all scientists work for Walt Brown (Zelandia, comets, Mars, lightning, etc.)
- Science predictions based on the hydroplate theory
- Discussion of the Vapor Canopy Theory and Catastrophic Plate Tectonics
- Bible verses uniquely supporting various flood models (HPT, VCT, CPT)
- Physical features that require a biblical and scientific explanation (HPT, VCT, CPT)
- The HPT Special book and videos for purchase
- A list of all of our RSR interviews with Dr. Brown and other HPT experts
- A list of RSR's CPT rebuttal programs
- A list of answers to HPT objections in RSR's continuing series
- Walt Brown's beautiful, In the Beginning (HPT) hardcover full-color book
- A free pdf of Dr. Brown's in-progress 9th Edition updated 6/8/19
- The answer to how the Grand Canyon formed
- Search the draft 9th Edition of ITB
- In the days of Peleg "the Earth was divided"
- RSR's best-selling full-length HPT video on Blu-ray and DVD
- The stunning Google rankings for (RSR and) Walt's work
- And a few other gems!
* Sequence of Events chart for Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory: From the pdf of In the Beginning, the 9th Edition. (RSR reports on many of these particulars. See for example rsr.org/compression-event.)
As at ten thousand other churches, use of Facebook, online forums (like TOL) and email affect the fellowship at Denver Bible Church. Consider these pastor’s tips for etiquette regarding online demeanor, the percentage of a congregation that “friends” one another, email use, and public ‘counseling.’
by Bob Enyart
(Pre-2021 cancel culture this was a top-ranked Google article.)
Six people just survived the sinking of an ocean vessel. They are afloat in a lifeboat with only enough water for five. On board are a doctor, a carpenter, a nurse, a blind elderly woman, a sailor, and a counselor. Public school students given this scenario over the years were then asked...
-By Pastor Bob Enyart
Denver Bible Church
Talk Host, KGOV.com
* Luther's "On the Jews and their Lies": As a Protestant minister myself (and as the Lutheran church itself has admitted, below), I sadly acknowledge the anti-Semitism of a Protestant hero, Martin Luther. My review of Luther's 1543 book On the Jews and their Lies appears over at Google Books and at Amazon. From that review, and from my book The Plot, consider:
As the Pastor of Denver Bible Church, before quoting the following excerpts from Luther's book, I asked Alfred, a friend from Germany, to go with me to the University of Colorado's library in Boulder to confirm that the following English passages accurately translate Luther's original German. Alfred opened Vol. 53 (of 67) of Kritische Gesamtausgabe (Critical Collection, publishing in Weimar, Germany, began with H. Böhlau in 1883). He read words showing a horrifying depth of racism and hatred. Alfred's hands shook and he choked back tears, but translated essentially these same words that you can read here.
Sections of the Bible differ in how commonly they record miracles. But there is one thread that runs consistently throughout: Miracles foster unbelief. God's great miracles through Moses filled Egypt with undeniable evidence for the God of Israel (Ex. 9:27). Yet neither the Bible nor history records Egyptian repentance, only good riddance (Ps. 105:38; Ex. 12:35-36; 14:25). Further and more dramatic, consider the effect of those tremendous miracles on the Israelites themselves. The Lord produced water out of the Rock (Ex. 17:2-6), fed the people with food from heaven (Ex. 16:4-7) brought meat on demand (Num. 11:31-32; Ps. 105:40), and supernaturally kept clothes from wearing out for forty years (Deut. 8:4). Yet with all this, virtually the entire nation rejected God. Why?
Bob Enyart debated fellow radio host Neal Boortz over a national sales tax. As a national spokesman for FairTax, a national 22% sales tax, this is a major issue for libertarian Boortz, but a topic hardly ever addressed by Bob, who is more focused on presenting God as Creator, and other such matters. Yet even though The Enyart-Boortz Sales Tax Debate moves Bob squarely onto libertarian turf, still the fight hardly seems fair. For if the biblical worldview is correct, Christians should be able to demonstrate the truth and expose error far more effectively than others. Boortz then broke his promise and so far has not posted a link to the debate as he had said he would.
Are Christians too nice? Well, Christians today are nicer than God.
Or at least they are trying to be so. In the Church there is a standard of niceness that Jesus failed to reach while on earth. Comparing God's attitude and behavior with that of the Church today shows that believers are far more polite, tolerant, understanding and respectful to the wicked than God is.
The Church is also less offensive, rude and sarcastic than God's men in the Bible were. And no Christian would ever be caught dead mocking the wicked, as occasionally God's men in the Bible did.
The Scriptures sometimes ministers through ridicule, humor, sarcasm, name-calling, and even mocking. For example, God mocked and defeated the Midianites by giving them a nightmare in which they were attacked by a loaf of bread (Jud. 7:13-14). Elijah, just prior to executing 450 prophets of Baal, "mocked them" as the Bible says, telling them to yell louder to their god so that Baal could hear their prayers since he was either on a trip, sleeping or in the restroom (Hebrew, "private place," 1 Ki. 18:27; and 2 Ki. 6:8-20). And Jesus rebuked the multitudes for not responding in faith to John the Baptist's message as He ridiculed them: "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?" (Mat. 11:7).
This Bob Enyart Live protest of the murderer O.J. Simpson was also reported in Sports Illustrated, the New York Times, the Boston Globe [or pdf], Houston Chronicle, and hundreds of other papers via the AP, by CNN, MS-NBC, Comedy Central, Getty Images, CBS News, the San Francisco Chronicle's Peter Hartlaub, the L.A. Times' Mike Downey, in BBC flashbacks, KGOV.com, People magazine, etc. "We had a bit of a bonfire going there at the L.A. courthouse," said Christian talk radio host Bob Enyart in regards to the burning of several O.J. Simpson articles on Wednesday, February 17, 1999. The burning of the auctioned O.J. memorabilia was reported across the United States, by CBC News in Canada, and by the BBC. In a 48-hour period a band of ten individuals wearing black ShadowGov.com t-shirts turned the L.A. courthouse upside down and generated a media frenzy. The Associated Press article printed in most of the major newspapers across the United States, reported that it was "a protest organized by a Christian radio talk show host."
In an online discussion over at Prometheus Unbound, Santi, an agnostic, asked Bob Enyart about his doubts. You can read their discussion over at santitafarella.wordpress.com. From Bob's answer: "Santi, you’re asking me to indicate, of the beliefs that I hold, which ones do I sometimes doubt. To help myself think this through, I’ll first list the things I never ever doubt. I never doubt that I exist; and therefore I know that there is a reality. I never doubt that truth exists, because for example, it is true that I exist..."
Various televangelists, including John Hagee, promote a false teaching, that Jews can reject Christ and still have salvation. This of course directly contradicts the claims of Jesus Himself, and of the apostles, and even of the Hebrew Scriptures. The quotes below do not come from typical English language translations of the Bible, but appropriately, from specifically Jewish translations into English, from the Jewish New Testament and from the Old Testament Tanakh.
Dr. Dobson, we grieve at your celebration of one of the most barbaric opinions ever issued by an American court. We plead with you to correct your misrepresentation of the Gonzales v. Carhart Supreme Court ruling.
[Updated Feb. 6, 2021] * From OpenTheism.org: "We can trust God with free will. Open Theism is the Christian doctrine that the future is not settled but open because God is alive, eternally free, and inexhaustibly creative. God can think a new thought, write a new song, design a new butterfly; things an immutable deity could never do. The biblical attributes of our eternal God are that He is living, personal, relational, good, and loving.
Bob Enyart Live presents this Pastor Qualification Quiz, not for a church member to use to confront his pastor with, but for pastors to take notice of, as an indication of what the elders at Denver Bible Church believe would be common today in a biblically-based leader of a Christian fellowship.
Our Christian leaders have misled millions into thinking this ban would prevent at least some abortions. In reality, pro-lifers volunteered, they made phone calls, and gave money, all to promote a ban that utterly lacked the authority to save even a single baby.
On the 40th anniversary of the most popular evolution article ever written, the Creation Research Society Quarterly published Bob Enyart's paper, Dobzhansky -- Forty Years Later Nothing Makes Sense.
Abstract: Forty years ago Theodosius Dobzhansky, a scientist credited with developing the reigning paradigm of neo-Darwinism, published his iconic article with the famed title, "Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution." The intervening decades have seen his three predictions falsified; namely those regarding genetics and the tree of life, the role evolution theory would play in the progress of biological science, and one particular Arab sheik whom Dobzhansky identified by name. Dobzhanky's claims are evaluated in the light of four decades of hindsight, much additional scientific research, and the continued development of the creation model. His arguments regarding the diversity of life, biological universals, and abiogenesis are answered in a point-by-point presentation.
Dr. James Dobson
Colo. Springs CO
September 27, 2007
Pastor Bob Enyart
6126 Braun Court
Arvada CO 80004
Dear Dr. Dobson,
I hope you are well. We have written open letters to you, and this private letter is the only mail we will ever send to you at your home address. We've had this address for two and a half years, and haven't used it out of respect for your privacy. Now, we will use it just this once.
Your son Ryan was on my radio show on January 26th of this year to discuss his book about intolerance. Of course when interviewing him I never brought up our disagreement with you, because he is his own man, and deserves his own opportunity to minister as God has laid on his heart. In a moment, I'll share something important that has to do with your son and with Franklin Graham. But first, I am sure you are either angry with me and our fellow signers of the open letters, or at least, you are hurt; so you may want to throw this letter down. But I beg of you, as someone who has loved you since soon after I became a Christian in 1973, I beg of you to read this letter.
My wife Cheryl and I have raised seven boys (and we're still doing so). Before the oldest was born, I read your book so I could do a better job raising my children than my father did raising me and my brothers (we all dearly love him and he is now with the Lord). Our youngest three are still at home, and so Cheryl and I have been reading Bringing Up Boys
Kate Mulgrew Narrated Geocentrism Film: In September 2013, when RSR asked Rick Delano, producer of The Principle, if his movie was about geocentrism, he lied and told Bob Enyart that it was not, but that it was instead about evidence against the big bang. That misrepresentation led RSR to invite scientists and engineers to a special Denver screening of the film for Real Science Radio. As the film ended, in front of Delano, his marketing director, and the gathered audience, Bob Enyart stood up and apologized to the attendees. Today, on the day of the film's Chicago premiere, October 24th, 2014, Real Science Radio hosts Bob and Fred Williams discuss the scientific and biblical arguments below to rebut the documentary. The film claims that the Sun (and the universe) orbits around the Earth every 24 hours. The film attempted to mislead the audience into thinking that its geocentrism was supported by:
1) the latest Planck satellite confirmations of the so-called Axis of Evil
2) the narrator, Kate Mulgrew of Star Trek fame, and
3) the scientists interviewed (including Lawrence Krauss, George Ellis, Michio Kaku, Max Tegmark, and John Hartnett).
None of these in anyway affirm the film's claim of geocentrism. For the enthusiast though, there's plenty of fun science to learn while refuting geocentrism as you can see here...
* Chart, Excerpt, & Thread: Replacement Theology is the teaching that God is done with national Israel as a covenant people and that now and forever He works instead only with the Church. As we document at kgov.com/luther, an especially depraved anti-Semitism has been rampant through church history destroying the earthly lives of countless Jews and bringing shame to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Many Christians have held to Replacement Theology without becoming anti-Semites but for millions of others this doctrine was the sufficient spark to enflame their sinful hatred. To refute this doctrine ¸please see below the Replacement Theology vs. Romans 11 chart and see this excerpt from Bob Enyart's life's work, The Plot, where the overview of the Bible becomes the key to its details! And see also the following Facebook thread.
* Chuck Baldwin & Replacement Theology: The following screenshots document the brief interaction in this Facebook thread between Bob Enyart and pastor Chuck Baldwin, whom Bob Enyart concludes is anti-Semite:
* RSR's List of Evidence Against Richard Dawkins: We invite you to read this brief page and join those who've learned that Richard Dawkins is not a scientist building an argument from evidence, but rather, a promoter of a theory that grew out of the greatest possible bias.
* The Richard Dawkins 3-to-1 Evolution Challenge: Research in preparation for an upcoming debate led Bob Enyart and his associate Will Duffy to Oxford University in the United Kingdom. With the success of Real Science Radio's PZ Myers Trochlea Challenge (see the popular evolutionist's reply here), the guys decided to hand deliver a copy of this Dawkins 3-to-1 Challenge to the office of professor emeritus Richard Dawkins, who lectures there for a course titled, Science Literacy: Evolution for Non-Scientists.
Text of Dawkins 3-to-1 Evolution Challenge: Let's ignore all the wild complexity of the genetic code and try to give a Darwinian explanation for one of the simplest aspects of our DNA. Richard Dawkins, drawing on your lifetime of studying evolution, can you describe, in as vague terms as you'd like, how the 3-to-1 pattern could arise by a non-directed material process, such that three genetic letters code for one amino acid?
Because we are creationist here in Denver at Real Science Radio, we can readily acknowledge that the laws of physics have no symbolic logic functions. Thus, a half century of trying by naturalists was doomed to fail, because just as you will have no answer to this challenge, there is no conceivable answer, because it cannot ever happen, even given infinite time.
* Dawkins Defining "Nothing": Many secularists claim that nothing created everything. Pretending that atheists have made progress in explaining how the universe could arise from "nothing", in this 2-minute clip, Dawkins tries to explain what "nothing" must be...
* ORIGIN the Film: RSR interviewed Lad Allen, producer of ORIGIN, which presents cutting-edge research examining the question that has baffled secular science: How did life on Earth begin? Most researchers insist it arose through simple chemistry that—without direction or plan—transformed inanimate matter into the first living cell. Yet, this explanation is devoid of evidence and unsatisfying, even to many of its most ardent supporters. As ORIGIN exposes the flaws of materialistic theories, you’ll travel through a molecular universe to encounter extraordinary biological engineering fundamental to the survival of every organism that has ever existed, engineering that points clearly to intelligence and mind.
* Dawkins Answers Ben Stein About God: Dawkins (regarding biology) and Stephen Hawking (regarding physics) both admit that their own areas of study exhibit what appears to be design. Yet when Ben Stein asked Richard Dawkins what, after death, he would say to God if he met him, Dawkins quoted another atheist, "Sir, why did you take such pains to hide yourself?" Huh? Dawkins accuses God of hiding Himself. Yet he and virtually the entire atheistic world admits that to maintain their own disbelief that they have to explain away a world full of evidence:
- Dawkins: "Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed..."
- Hawking: "The laws of science, as we know them at present, contain many fundamental numbers, like the size of the electric charge of the electron and the ratio of the masses of the proton and the electron. ... The remarkable fact is that the values of these numbers seem to have been very finely adjusted to make possible the development of life."
- Paul: "Since the creation of the world God's invisible attributes are clearly seen being understood by the things that are made..."
- Stein & Dawkins: See Ben Stein ask Richard Dawkins about God in the following excerpt from RSR's Fine Tuning film. They'll appear within two minutes from where this clip starts. Just click Play...
Dawkins wrote his acknowedgment in his signature book, The Blind Watchmaker (page 1), and Hawking in his A Brief History of Time (page 125). Anticipating their admissions, 2,000 years earlier the Apostle Paul wrote that God is "clearly seen" as the Creator, "being understood by the things that are made" so that unbelievers "are without excuse" (Rom. 1:20). Consider two lesbians who "marry" while dressed in a tuxedo and a gown, affirming even in the midst of their rebellion what Jesus taught, that God "made them male and female" (Mat. 19:4; Mark 10:6). So while atheists will claim that evidence for God's existence is lacking, they spend their careers trying to explain away the overwhleming evidence that they openly admit appears everywhere they look.
* Dawkins Sneaks "Intelligence" into his Biomorph Simulation: As always happens with "natural selection" computer simulations, in his biomorph simulation described in The Blind Watchmaker, Dawkins sneaks in the intelligence of the software designer and then pretends that he's created a simulation of processes that demonstrate design without intelligence. All the Darwinist evolution computer simulators have attempted to show that biological function can arise apart from intelligence, yet they have demonstrated the exact opposite.
* Dawkins Says Whale Fossils among the Best Evidence for Evolution: Richard Dawkins says that "one of the best examples" of intermediate fossils "is whales." However that the discoverers themselves of the most famous whale "transition" fossils admit their fakery, on video no less. See that at rsr.org/whales in our stunning and bulleted List of Evidence Against Whale Evolution.
* Dawkins' Greatest Show Tanks in RSR's Interview of Jonathan Sarfati: The world's number one creation author Dr. Jonathan Sarfati takes on the world's number one evolution author Richard Dawkins in the battle of the books. See for yourself that Dawkins' latest book, The Greatest Show on Earth is soundly refuted by Sarfati's The Greatest Hoax on Earth! In Don-air discussion with Dr. Sarfati, Bob Enyart re-airs a caller from 1997 who asked about Dawkins and Bob pointed out then that in all Dawkins' books:
...this famous atheist doesn't give evidence for evolution: he only assumes it is true. Dr. Sarfati agrees and quotes from Dawkins own book in which he admits that he had never given the evidence for evolution. Huh! [Update: When BEL obtained audio of Richard Dawkins admitting this very thing, we produced the brief YouTube video embedded below: Dawkins Proves Creationist Right.)
* Dawkins Among the Many Atheists Supposing Life Came Here from Outer Space: Atheists don't even HAVE a theory of origins because increasingly, the things they would need to explain their origins hypotheses merely assume as pre-existing. Richard Dawkinis (see just below), Francis Crick of DNA discovery fame, Fred Hoyle of stellar nucleosynthesis fame, astrophysicst Carl Sagan of Pale Blue Dot fame, Stephen Hawking of black hole fame, NASA's Dr. Mary Voytek of water-is-the-problem fame, along with many exo- and astrobiologists, are among the thousands of materialists making the arguments that are referenced in one way or another on the half-million web pages (as of January 2020) that mention either panspermia or directed panspermia. Water, by the way, is considered the key to originate life only by ignoring what NASA's senior astrobiologist Voytek admitted to us that because water is the universal solvent, it is not the answer but the abiogenesis problem because it ruthelessly dissovles "prebiotic" molecules. The list of abiogenesis killers, that is, the resources that are vital to maintain life but that are destructive of prebiotic molecules, includes water, sunlight, ions, and oxygen. And anyway, as Wikipedia points out, "Panspermia studies concentrate not on how life began, but on methods that may distribute it in the Universe." Point taken.
* Dawkins' Thoughts About Aliens Are Revealing: This is hardly novel, because forensic scientists routinely distinguish between intent and natural causes. But in the excerpt transcribed just below it's fun to see Richard Dawkins, who eschews Intelligent Design, admit that molecular biology may very well be able to identify intentional design in living organisms. Dawkins claims about aliens implies much about alien physiology which seems to undermine the claim that Darwinism is theoretically falsifiable. Consider these two points. First, on Intelligent Design, in Ben Stein's movie Expelled, Dawkins admits that molecular biology could provide the evidence that life on earth was intelligently designed. And if so...
(1) Richard Dawkins' Aliens Validate the Intelligent Design Effort (see transcript) when he was asked about the origin of life on earth and said:
"It could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time somewhere in the universe a civilization evolved, by probably some kind of Darwinian means, to a very, very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose that it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry and molecular biology. You might find a signature of some sort of designer… And that designer could well be a higher intelligence from elsewhere in the universe." -Dawkins
So Dawkins actually says about life on earth that it could be that it may have originated from a higher intelligence, from somewhere in outer space, with aliens who seeded life on earth. Yet that is what ruins scientists careers and even gets them fired: for saying that genetic evidence might indicate that life did not merely arise on earth but was put here by some intelligent agent. And Dawkins is the world's leading evolutionist, and we have him on film admitting the reasonableness of Intelligent Design. Huh! Dawkins' own complaint about his alien segment is stretched to the absurd by his fellow spin-control atheists who have taken his paraphrase of Stein's question to mean that Stein's actual question was edited out of the film. Oh brother. In reality, Dawkins was engaged in his discussion with Ben Stein. Attending a movie marathon, Bob Enyart watched that scene 15 times, and it is obvious that Richard Dawkins was not manipulated or misquoted. Rather, he showed surprising candor when he admitted that the complexity observed by molecular biologists could be evidence that life on earth originated from a higher intelligence. And like Francis Crick, when Dawkins says that life on earth might be too complex to arise here by chance, then he is just punting when he guesses that it could have originated somewhere else.
(2) Richard Dawkins' Alien Evolution Disproves Darwinist Falsifiability for ostensibly, an alien life form anywhere in the universe (or in the fantasized multiverse) might have no similarity with terrestrial biology, perhaps not even being based on amino acids, sugars, nor even carbon atoms. Thus predictions (which are the stuff of hard science) as used by evolution scientists have no actual real-world specificity, so they cannot even theoretically falsify Darwin's central claim. For in practice, evolution "theory" is pliable enough to account for any observations even if imaginary, like alien physiology. Thus it is treated like a philosophy and not an actual, falsifiable scientific theory.
After our debate with Lawrence Krauss, a leading big bang proponent, RSR produced our list of peer-reviewed scientific evidence against the big bang and against the widely-held major features of its cosmological belief system. Real Science Radio continues to update our popular List of Evidence Against the Big Bang! The quote from theoretical physicist (emphasis on the theoretical) Lawrence Krauss that got Bob Enyart and Fred Williams all worked up was that, "all evidence overwhelmingly supports the big bang." Wow. You can evaluate the trustworthiness of that assessment yourself with the amazing list of scientific evidence against the big bang, right here...
Real Science Radio takes on atheism with:
- six irrefutable observations disproving the atheist belief that they have explained origins apart from God
- ten atheist clichés each refuted in eight seconds or less
- RSR's Trading Genesis video presentation from Pepperdine University showing that atheists have no theory of origins
- our debate with the psychologist Zakath, TheologyOnline's resident atheist on the question of Does God Exist?
- ten atheists debated by RSR
- bonus resources including a cure for atheism, our debates with accomplished opponents including a geophysicist and a theistic evolutionist, and our $23,000 grant offer to Jurassic Park famed paleontologist Jack Horner to run a scientific test.
Judge Rightly Is Not Some Guy's Name
Should Christians judge? Jesus commanded men to judge rightly and He told them to judge not. Did the Lord contradict Himself? Or does the Bible say more about judging than Christians are generally taught?
Don't judge? But Jesus repeatedly taught men to judge rightly, insisting they "judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:24) and He praised a man who "rightly judged" (Luke 7:43). Paul shamed the Corinthian Christians because no one among them was willing to "judge the smallest matters" (1 Cor. 6:2). As the Apostle wrote, "He who is spiritual judges all things" for "we have the mind of Christ" (1 Cor. 2:15-16).
Where did we get the notion that men should never judge? Should child-molesters escape condemnation? Should rapists be free from criticism? Should society refrain from judging those arrested for murder? Why would anyone judge others for judging? And if a pastor teaches "don't judge" regarding abortion and homosexuality, what would he say about a parishioner who doesn't donate but rather takes money out of the collection plate?
A lie has partially paralyzed the church. God warns against "hypocrisy" commanding men to "abhor what is evil" (Rom. 12:9). Yet to abhor evil, someone must first judge evil. Likewise, you have to judge if you're going to obey Jesus' command: "If your brother sins against you, rebuke him" (Luke 17:3). But, unwilling to judge, large numbers of Christians become hypocrites by obeying the Hypocrites Golden Rule. Since the hypocrite doesn’t want to be judged, he judges not, as Jesus said, "Judge not… you hypocrite" (Mat. 7:1, 5 KJV; Ezek. 16:52). For "judge not" (Mat. 7:1-5) is simply a hypocrites application of do unto others as you would have them do unto you (Mat. 7:12). “For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged” (Mat. 7:2). Judge others as you would have them do unto you inverted is Judge not if you do not want to be judged.
A Layman Questions Gravitational Time Dilation
* Einstein’s theory of General Relativity indicates that gravity influences time, in that time flows relatively more slowly in a stronger gravitational field as compared to time in a weaker field.
* Actual experiments and observations provide evidence for GR time dilation. For example, clocks at different Earth altitudes run at different rates, thus the mile high atomic clock in Colorado runs a few ticks faster per year than the one close to sea level in Greenwich, England.
* Most physicists and cosmologists accept GR time dilation, and thus, that time is relative to a particular frame of reference.
And in that context, when Googling “Gravitational Time Dilation” I get: Google 7 from AbsoluteAstronomy.com: “Gravitational time dilation is the slowing down of the passage of time anywhere in the gravitational field.” Google 11: “The short and sloppy versions say: "… ‘Time runs slower as you descend into the potential well of a uniform pseudo-force field.’” From Google 9: “The idea of relativity is to throw out the concept of us traveling through time inescapably, and accept time as just another dimension.”
Consider this exaggerated scenario to illustrate my opposition to time dilation, and then I’ll suggest a practical experiment that could test my conclusion.
Two atomic clocks have been running on Earth for billions of years, one at the base of Cheyenne Mountain, and the other at the summit, sitting inside of a well-maintained Chinook cargo helicopter. The clock on the peak has been running faster by a few nanoseconds per year, but over the eons, it has advanced to twenty-four hours ahead of the clock far below, and it’s readout, in year, month, day, hour, minute, second, and nanosecond, is just now turning over to indicate exactly twenty-four hours ahead of the other clock, on a Friday at exactly
With abortion for incest, the abortion clinic helps to cover up the crime, typically sends the victim back home to her rapist. often sends her home with the relative who raped her. Abortion for incest emboldens a criminal to rape his young relative because it helps the rapist escape being caught and so it tempts the rapist to repeat his crime. Incest abortion is not compassionate...
Who has the authority to grant permission for people to marry? Some claim that only the church has authority to preside over weddings. Yet in modern times most people willingly submit to the government as the official certifier of marriage. For as barista Leanna Aberle has said, "Marriage is a covenant not only between the man, the woman, and God, but also with the whole world." Others however claim that the authority to marry lies solely with the two individuals involved. (Our article The Bible and Polygamy presents the prohibition of polygamy in New Testament times.) Consider arguments for and against each of these three ideas on authority regarding marriage.
What does the Bible say about the casting of lots? What was the purpose and is there a scriptural reason today to cast lots? The casting of lots in the Bible is similar to throwing dice or drawing straws. It served two godly purposes:
- Revealing God's Will to Prophet or Priest: but this ended along with the Levitical priesthood. Heb. 7:12
- Encouraging Humility: as it causes contentions to cease and keeps the mighty apart. Prov. 18:18
You are Invited: If you are not a Christian, we are happy to send you our Mt. Moriah video as a gift (see below). We also encourage you to learn more about Jesus Christ and to know Him!
What God permits, let not man forbid, lest he make an idol.
If God permits men to freely make copies of His inspired Word, and to translate His Word (as we will show that He does), so that thousands, millions, even billions of men, women, and children can read about Him for themselves and in their own language, then those who forbid this continued dissemination of Scripture establish themselves as an authority above God Himself.
About God's Word, "It is a very long story, with a complicated plot;
and we are not, perhaps, very attentive readers."
- C.S. Lewis, Miracles, p. 158
by Pastor Bob Enyart
Denver Bible Church
The Bible contains passages that have direct bearing on the abortion issue, specifically to the crime of killing the unborn child, and generally to the "pro-choice" battle and the principles of life and death. Because there is a lot of scripture on this topic, our Clickable Contents index will link you to the relevant section of this article. So start with a topic that's most relevant to your concern:
What does the Bible say about polygamy? And while Christians should oppose polygamy, why did it occur so often in Scripture? Update: Well-known ex-Mormon polygamist Polygamist Leland Freeborn debates Bob Enyart, the author of this article and pastor of Denver Bible Church.
Why Marijuana Should Be Illegal: [UPDATE: See also Bob Enyart's debate on pot at HuffingtonPost.com/Bob-Enyart.] The question of marijuana legalization, often debated emotionally, turns on some fundamental biblical principles. Christians, or anyone really, must understand these moral concepts before being able to argue conclusively. God does not require society to put up with the risk of human beings who lose control of their faculties by being high, whether through alcohol or other drugs. Further, as shown in the Neighbors section below, the Bible reveals that negligence has legal consequences. Thus, if the government wrongly decriminalizes some activity, then the government itself would share in the guilt for the resulting harm. While THC prescription drugs made from marijuana are currently available, and a non-intoxicating strain of marijuana has been developed in 2012, many advocate going far beyond this toward making "medical marijuana" generally available and even toward the ultimate decriminalization of cannabis. However, if the normal use of any chemical or herb, such as crack cocaine, ecstasy, or marijuana, makes a person intoxicated, then the government is right to outlaw or to classify that drug as a controlled substance.
The Bible both prohibits certain kinds of slavery, and permits other kinds, and so does our own U.S. Constitution by the 13th Amendment, which abolished only certain forms of slavery. The Bible condemns kidnapping as a capital crime, and kidnapping is what fueled the African slave trade to America from the 1500s to 1800s. Therefore, because the Old and New Testaments (Ex. 21:16; 1 Tim. 1:9-10; etc.) condemn kidnapping, the teaching of Scripture condemns virtually the entirety of American slavery...
Update: Since 2001, Google has ranked this captial punishment article in the top five out of millions (often rotating into the #1 slot) for searches using words like: God and the death penalty.
UPDATE: This article includes content from Bob Enyart's radio debate with a Denver Church of Christ preacher, Chris Peltz, about drinking wine. Two weeks prior to our broadcast, Brian from Thornton called into Peltz' radio program presenting three lines of evidence that Bible teaching generally and Jesus in particular approve of drinking alcohol, but that to excess, it is drunkenness that is the sin. Denver Bible Church agrees with Brian that God's Word approves of drinking wine, beer and other alcohol. First consider that the warnings against drunkenness actaully affirm the drinking of alcohol in modertion. And then see below the many biblical evidences showing that God approves of wine.
More than 38,825 deadly Muslim terrorist attacks since 9/11.
That's NOT a misprint. Please read that again. And think.
See the list at TheReligionOfPeace.com.
A report delivered at the liberal Counsel on Foreign Relations
found in one year 121 violent Islamist groups operating
in 66 countries committed more than a dozen attacks a day
in Allah's name murdering 42,000 people just in 2017.
Double that to count Syria too. See all this at CBS News.
No fringe group could commit all these atrocities. Islamic terror is widespread.
* Who Hates Muslims the Most? "The primary victims of Islamic extremism are Muslims. So anything less than a full effort to identify and defeat Islamic terror is a hatred, including self-loathing, of Muslims." - Bob Enyart, kgov.com/terror
* The Media Says that Islam is Tolerant: "If Islam is a religion of tolerance, then how many synagogues are in Mecca, a 500-square-mile city of a million people? None. And how many churches are in the entire country of Saudi Arabia? None. Islam is the religion of intolerance. (Meanwhile, there is the Great Synagogue of Rome and the Mosque of Rome.)" -Bob Enyart, kgov.com/terrorism
* The Media Says Islam is a Peaceful Religion: "Saudi Arabia, Iran, and four other Islamic countries have laws that call for the death penalty for a Muslim who converts to Christianity or some other religion. Some have the same for denigrating Mohammad and Allah. When someone says Islam is a religion of peace, just ask, 'Where?'" -Bob Enyart, kgov.com/terror
* Saudi Arabia, the Hajj, and Terrorism: "If Islam opposes terrorism, then Saudi Arabia should announce that no one supportive of ISIS, Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, the Muslim Brotherhood, or any jihadi group or terrorist action, is welcome in Mecca to make Hajj." -Bob Enyart, kgov.com/hajj [Yes, if they don't make Hajj, some think they'd go to hell. But at least then they'd be with Mohammed. But instead of forbidding terror supporters, tragically, Saudi Arabia has celebrated an admitted jihadist bomber who killed kids. See Sbarro, just below.]
* The "Link" to Terror is the "Justification": When governments and the media wrongly claim that a particular Muslim mass murderer has no "link" to Islamic terror (see below the Ali Sonbaly example at kgov.com/terror#allahu-akbar), realize that the only relevant "connection" to terrorism is the motivation, that is, the alleged "justification" used to commit an atrocity. A Muslim murderer shouting "Allahu Akbar" is by definition connected to Islamic terror.
* DEFINITION: As at kgov.com/definitions, terrorism is violent crime committed to influence public policy. Perfectly good words exist to describe other heinous acts, like murder, genocide, unjust war, revenge killing, arson, mass murder, bombing, war crime, monstrous, etc. Terrorism is not workplace violence. It is not unjust domestic or foreign war waged by nations. Terror is not a family murder-suicide nor revenge against a boss, a school, or whomever, regardless of the weapons used, the amount of terror inflicted, or the number of victims. Such unjust and criminal behavior terrorizes people, but only with the aim of influencing public policy does such behavior, committed by an individual or group, qualify as terrorism.
"God called the firmament Heaven." Why? Moses used the word firmament nine times in Genesis chapter one. He intentionally distinguished the last four occurrences from the first four. Each of the four in the second grouping (vv. 14, 15, 17, 20) is qualified separately with the prepositional phrase "of the heavens," distinguishing between the first firmament of the earth, and the second firmament of the heavens, so that the reader will not confuse this firmament of sky and space with the previous firmament of earth, which in the original creation, was a paradise that was part of God's kingdom of heaven. [Update: A popular atheist made a 40-minute video critical of this article. Seems we hit a nerve, for seeing the crust of the earth as the "firmament" rebuts the false allegation of atheists that the Bible teaches that the earth is surrounded by a solid domed sky. So we embedded the video and responded...]
When did the fall in the Garden of Eden occur? That is, how soon after their creation on day six did Adam and Eve sin? A Creation magazine article, Why Bible History Matters by Dr. Jonathan Sarfati, makes three observations that provide a time frame:
1. Adam and Eve did not conceive any children prior to the Fall
2. Eve would likely have become pregnant during her first menstrual cycle
3. Lucifer also would have rebelled in the short time between Creation and the Fall.
In this KGOV article, Bob Enyart adds some fascinating Bible details to find out even more about the timing of the fall...
Why did Noah curse his grandson Canaan? (In 2009, this Canaan article was updated with a discovery and a science prediction regarding the human genome.) This boy’s father, Ham, saw Noah’s nakedness, and as a result, Noah cursed Canaan, who became the patriarch of Israel’s enemies, the Canaanites. The story seems capricious on the surface, in contrast to so much reasonable history in Genesis. Let’s take another look at what happened.