If one little baby ape, a long long time ago, had an especially helpful mutation, how long would it take before all apes inherited that single genetic improvement? Biologist Christopher Rupe (colleague of last week's guest, geneticist John Sanford) helps Real Science Radio get a better understanding of the science of population genetics. Bob Enyart asks Rupe about something called genetic fixation, about alleles, and the percentage of mutations that are beneficial. The discussion also asks, with the distribution of helpful mutations being exceedingly slower than a snail's pace, what is the pace of the accumulation of harmful mutations? Listeners will also learn about the test of the ape-to-man hypothesis, about how dissimilar chimp DNA is from the human genome, and why the Y chromosome should be the most similar but it is so wildly different that it's as close to a chick Y as a chimp Y! See also Mendel's Accountant, the web's software tool to simulate the theory of evolution. (Finally, we're working on getting a video of Rupe's college lecture so we can embed it on this page. And in the meantime, here's Chris' colleague's lecture at NIH:
* Dr. John Sanford: Hear Real Science Radio's interview of one of the world's leading geneticists, Dr. John Sanford, including about the cancel culture that occurred at the National Institutes of Health after his recent lecture. Please email to a friend or post on social media rsr.org/sanford or rsr.org/genetic-entropy, both of which link to this important RSR program! Please also consider rsr.org/mendel and Dr. Sanford's paper, The waiting time problem in a model hominin population.
* For Biology, Use 'Entropy' Not 'Second Law': Bob has long urged that when arguing against biological evolution creationists should use the term entropy, as Sanford does, rather than the term second law (of thermodynamics). An American Journal of Physics paper on evolution and thermodynamics prompted Bob Enyart and TheologyOnline's Johnny to debate Entropy & Evolution. Kindly, Prof. Dan Styer himself, the author of the AJP paper, joined in while Bob was arguing that it is not possible to translate information entropy into heat entropy. Bob urges creationists to refrain from that sloppy argument, and if he's correct, then Bob has shown that Styer failed to refute the entropy argument against Darwin. (And interestingly, at the end of the debate, Styer revealed that He Himself believes in Jesus Christ as creator and savior!)
* After the Friday Night Massacre: Post-show Update. Google and Apple have just thrown Parler off their app stores. For years on BEL we've warned against a church phenomenon in England in the 1800s which we call "secondhand excommunication", that is, excommunicating Person A and then excommunicating others, Persons B, C, & D, because have refused to excommunicate Person A. The left has now crossed over into that same twilight zone in what we can call "secondhand cancel culture". So it's time to use Google against Google. RSR created and offers free use of these two custom Google search tools, the first of which can be used to find news about current events that Google will supress.
Click to save a ton of time and find what you're looking for fast! This service provides a time-saving customized multi-site Google conservative news search! Let's say you're looking for a particular report on 2020 election fraud and Google doesn't want to show it to you. Well, here's how to get what you want and to use Google against Google! Just click on this Multiple Conservative Site Search and enter whatever conservative news story you're interested in. And viola! You'll have it in your search results in a second!
For origins, creation, and evolution you'll be simultaneously searching Real Science Radio along with the Web's four largest and most popular creation sites! This tool bypasses the confusion and noise of the Internet and let's you search simultaneously the thousands of science articles written by friends of RSR from the websites of Creation Ministries International, Answers in Genesis, the Institute for Creation Research, Dr. Walt Brown's Center for Scientific Creation, and of course from our own rsr.org RSR resources. Enjoy!
With social media platforms openly turning against conservatives, perhaps privately-run online forums will come back into common use. For example, BEL/RSR owns and operates TheologyOnline.com. We invite you to click on over there and participate in the Creation Science forum!
* Today's Program: Praise God! Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams share a fabulous article from ICR's new president, Randy Guliuzza in which he expresses love and appreciation for a couple dozen creation organizations including CSC, that is, Dr. Walt Brown! This is in the same spirit of humility of the founder of the Institution for Creation Research, Henry Morris who "passed the torch of creation" to Dr. Brown! See rsr.org/controversy to understand why reconciliation was (and with many others, still) needed.) The guys also discussed RSR being booted this week from Google Podcast, and far more significantly, the breach of the capitol this week. And with a prayer at the Capitol ending with "a-men and a-women", the guys present the etymology of the word amen! And they also promoted three things. One, an upcoming RSR interview with a scientist who spoke recently at the NIH. Two, that out RSR Multiple Creation Site Search has now reached 2,500 searches! And three, a Jerry Bergman novel that's about to be published by an imprint of HarperCollins/Thomas Nelson/Zondervan! Go Jerry! UPDATE: RSR is back on Google Podcast. Go figure! See more at rsr.org/dissed and rsr.org/lists.
* A Significant Broadcast Event: [Part 1 re-aired for New Year's Day!] Today we begin to air what our staff believes is the most important series of author interviews ever produced in the 30-year history of Bob Enyart Live. Richard Holland is assistant professor of apologetics and theology with Liberty University Baptist Theological Seminary [2018 update: Now assistant professor of philosophy at Grand Canyon University]. Dr. Holland authored God, Time, and the Incarnation to explore the impact of God the Son becoming a man on the philosophical doctrines of divine timelessness and utter immutability.
* Enjoying a Coffee Shop Visit: Rather than conducting a typical author interview and squeezing an overview of a book into a single show segment, instead, Bob and Richard have agreed that they will take their time and review the material as though the two men had half a day free to sit next to a fireplace in a coffee shop to consider one of the most far-reaching observations that any human being can make. Consider the insight into ultimate reality provided by the Incarnation of God the Son! We hope you enjoy this 7-interview series as much as we have enjoyed producing it! So, brace yourself.
* The Richard Holland BEL Links:
- God, Time, and the Incarnation (this show)
- God, Time, and the Incarnation Part 2
- God, Time, and the Incarnation Part 3
- God, Time, and the Incarnation Part 4
- God, Time, and the Incarnation Part 5
- God, Time, and the Incarnation Part 6
- God, Time, and the Incarnation Part 7
Related: Our series with Ryan Mullins on his
Oxford series book, The End of the Timeless God.
* Boethius in Stanford's Encyclopedia of Philosophy: The entry for Eternity in Stanford's Encyclopedia of Philosophy states, "Boethius found the source of the idea of eternity which he attributes to God in Plato."
* Isaac Newton, McTaggart, and Cullman: During this series, Bob and Dr. Holland also discuss Isaac Newton, John McTaggart, and Oscar Culllman. Holland describes Newton's concept of absolute and relative time, as Enyart, with three centuries of hindsight circumspectly suggests what Newton may actually have been referring to. John McTaggart contributed the philosophical terminology of time as the "A Series" (the traditional, tensed view of time) as compared to his own (and incorrect) "B Series" of time as static, not unlike the ordered though atemporal positions of numbers on a number line. Holland then describes Oscar Cullman's analysis of the Greek vocabulary showing that, as we've long reported at rsr.org/time, the New Testament terminology regarding God and time does not support the philosophical claim that He exists outside of time, as Bob adds, but rather, quite the opposite.
* Newton on Time Eternally Flowing from God: Post-show update: We teach at kgov.com/time just as Isaac Newton stated, that "the existence of God was eternal, in relation to duration". Consider this quote from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy to show that Isaac Newton's understanding of time has much in common with BEL's teaching but not with classical theology...
Isaac Newton founded classical mechanics on the view... that time passes uniformly without regard to whether anything happens in the world. [H]e spoke of absolute space and absolute time, so as to distinguish these entities from the various ways by which we measure them... From antiquity into the eighteenth century, contrary views... insisted, there can be no lapse of time without change occurring somewhere. Time is merely a measure of cycles of change within the world. [BE: Time doesn't move faster on a desert planet during a sandstorm nor slower in Vermont during an economic shut down.] ...Newton did not regard space and time as genuine substances (as are, paradigmatically, bodies and minds), but rather as real entities with their own manner of existence as necessitated by God's existence (more specifically, his omnipresence and eternality). [BE: That is, time eternaly flows from God.]
* Is God Outside of Time? If you Google: Is God Outside of Time, out of a billion pages consider relevant, Google ranks our BEL article, Is God Outside of Time? in the top ten!
And once you get to cse.google.com, while cell phone displays don't show an icon, a computer user who clicks on over to our Multiple Conservative Site Search sees this image:
* Boulder, Colorado's Planetarium Show on Christ's Birth: For Christmas, we're enjoying this classic Real Science Radio broadcast about the University of Colorado's Fiske Planetarium presentation of a live program, The Astronomical Star of Bethlehem, by amateur astronomer Gil Buller. From the planetarium's website, "This exciting program examines the sky at the time of the birth of Christ to see which astronomical phenomenon may have been the Star of Bethlehem."
* Orbital Mechanics Help Identify the Star of Bethlehem: Using computer-generated images of the night sky in ancient Israel, this planetarium program does in great style what Bob Enyart's DVD does using more modest computer simulation software. Click to get Bob's classic DVD, The Planets, Stars, and The Bible.
* The Materialist's Star Problem: You may enjoy the bulleted list at our rsr.org/list-of-star-formation-problems broadcast show page. And whereas unbelievers say that young-earth creationists have a "starlight and time" problem, remember, materialists have:
1) a star problem
2) a light problem
3) a time problem, and
4) an everything problem.
Flashback: In 2016, Enyart with co-host McBurney went at it with World Series MVP Curt Schilling, (who's on Fox this weekend) over Schilling's support for grotestque immorality, at kgov.com/schilling.
Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present the pre-covid NASA carbon dioxide studies with the latest post-covid journal report of the increased CO2 breathed in when wearing masks. Back in October 2015 Harvard warned NASA about the negative effects of just doubling CO2. One pandemic later, in October 2020 a prestigious science journal reports that our masks far more than double carbon dioxide levels, raising them from an outdoor norm of about 500 parts per million (with an indoor norm of about 1000 ppm) to between 2000 and 3000 parts per million! At those levels symptoms for many people, especially for the elderly and those with heart and respiratory issues, include fatigue, headache, and loss of concentration.
The guys share Joe Romm's great interview with NASA's Dr. David Alexander, lead ISS crew surgeon for atmospherics who monitors the impact of CO2 on astronauts from the Johnson Space Center, and the 2020 paper in the prestigious Aerosol and Air Quality Research journal on the increased CO2 breathed in by mask wearers, along with brief mentions of a Harvard 2016 and a Microgravity 2019 study. And for the lighter side of 2020, Bob recommends the vaping while masking video at wearepaulrevere.net.
This special edition of Real Science Radio brings to our creation/evolution listeners Bob Enyart Live's recent interview of Joe Oltmann, the Denver businessman who set out to expose Antifa journalists and ended up finding Dominion Voting Systems' heavy Antifa connection. Attorney Sidney Powell mentions Joe Oltmann in her election lawsuits filed in federal courts in Georgia and Michigan including that, "Dominion altered its website [by removing Eric Coomer] after Colorado resident Joe Oltmann disclosed" Coomer's relationship with "domestic terrorist organization Antifa." A prosecutor presents means, motive, and opportunity in a criminal case. A few weeks ago RSR interviewed a top data security analyst on the atrocious security flaws in Dominion Voting Systems. That presented the means. Then, opportunity was everywhere as documented even by media reports and especially hundreds of eye-witness affidavits. Today's program demonstrates the motive behind Dominion's role in the extensive 2020 election fraud. Also, Bob gives an update on the latest victory in his federal lawsuit against the State of Colorado for their unjust coronavirus restrictions (including describing the state's 10-Circuit filing that lists churches next to trash collectors).
Today's Resource: God's Principles of Government
Join Bob Enyart as he explores God's Principles of Government. From Against Democracy where we look at the biblical principles related to the idea of majority rule, to a Representative Republic and its similarities with democracy, to a real Alternative to Democracy, to what a Bible-based Constitution actually looks like, after this series, the Scriptures' principles of governance will permeate your thinking like never before! Or your money back. (Really.)
Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss the unnatural actress Ellen Page who, by claiming to be a man, has changed the sexual orientation of her lesbian partner, who now is "married" to a "man" making her, whether she likes it or not, heterosexual. Then the guys discuss the most natural of things, a mom kissing her baby, who thereby "samples" the baby's microbes and produces breast milk fortified with targeted antibodies! Also on the agenda, the dirty election fraud committed by those with means, motive, and opportunity, that is, by the executives of Dominion Voting Systems (see rsr.org/dvs-1 and rsr.org/dvs-2). And finally, just as materialists have an awful time trying to present a theory of the origin of the universe, or of life, or of species, or of genes, they can't even explain the origin of dust!
* A Fun RSR List Show: For this Thanksgiving weekend, a special rebroadcast. In our List of the Fine-Tuned Features of the Universe, Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart quotes leading scientists and their astounding admission of the uncanny and seemingly never-ending list of the just-perfect finely-tuned parameters of the physical features of the Earth, the solar system, and the entire cosmos. This program is brought to you by God, maker of heaven and earth and other fine products!
* The Finely Tuned Parameters of the Universe: Barrow & Tipler, in their standard treatment, The Anthropic Cosmological Principle, admit that "there exist a number of unlikely coincidences between numbers of enormous magnitude that are, superficially, completely independent; moreover, these coincidences appear essential to the existence of carbon-based observers in the Universe." Examples include the wildly unlikely combination of:
- there is the same number of electrons as protons to a standard deviation of one in ten to the thirty-seventh power, that is, 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (37 zeros)
- the 1-to-1 electron to proton ratio throughout the universe yields our electrically neutral universe
- all fundamental particles of the same kind are identical (including protons, electrons, down quarks, etc., even, in QED, photons!)
- energy exactly equals mass (times the conversion factor of c²)
- the electron and the massively greater proton have exactly equivalent opposite charges
Real Science Radio interviews a data security analyst about the security flaws in the Dominion Voting System at the center of a 2020 election scandal. RSR host Bob Enyart was hired by Microsoft in the 1980s because of Bob's writings and work in computer security. Daniel Hedrick is a long-time friend of RSR. This data security analyst to government agencies and some of the world's leading firms lists ways that the Dominion system actually enables election fraud. Then in an election fraud sequel, we interview Joe Oltmann on the heavy connection between Dominion and Antifa. For our And for another RSR program about computers, though on a much more upbeat topic than this one, see rsr.org/display.exe.
* Daniel Hedrick: linkedin.com/in/daniel hedrick
* Try Our Custom Google Multiple Creation Site Search: This service provides amazing time-saving customized multi-site Google search! Let's say you want to learn about the neanderthal genes in modern humans, or about the origin of comets. By using RSR's Top Creation Sites Search, all powered by Google, you'll be more effective and save time by simultaneously searching mutiple select websites for the information you're looking for. On origins, creation, and evolution you'll be simultaneously searching Real Science Radio along with the Internet's four largest and most popular creation sites! This tool bypasses the confusion and noise of the web and let's you search simultaneously the thousands of science articles written by friends of RSR from the websites of Creation Ministries International, Answers in Genesis, the Institute for Creation Research, and Dr. Walt Brown's Center for Scientific Creation, and of course from our own RSR resources (at rsr.org, 360dayyear.com and youngearth.com). Become more effective! Save time! And enjoy! Go ahead! Try it! :)
Today's Resource: Get the Patterns of Evidence Films: You can get Tim Mahoney's three films, and other Exodus resources, found in RSR's Patterns Department :) in our online store!
* And for Something from What We Call our Big Ugly List of Liberals Who...