Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart discusses the growing field of quantum biology with Brian, an information systems guy with one of the world's major institutions who earned a double-major in both mechanical engineering and physics from Iowa State University. This engineer argues that some of the extraordinary abilities of biological organisms go beyond what seems possible from standard chemistry and physics. Quantum mechanics, astoundingly, enables the navigational abilities of the Arctic Tern to fly halfway around the globe and of Monarch butterflies to migrate from Canada to Mexico. The startling, often sub-atomic, quantum world of the two-slit experiment and of wave/particle duality, of quantum entanglement, superposition, coherence and quantum tunneling, has disrupted the already wildly complex field of biology. Evidence is mounting that the most bewildering abilities of living organisms come courtesy of the Designer using quantum effects to accomplish what otherwise would seem to be impossible!
* The Science on Today's Broadcast: Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart presents current headlines and then science news from the latest Creation magazine. Human languages are not advancing but are being dumbed down. So how did they get so complex and sophisticated to begin with? Remember, Darwinians have falsified the Darwinian predictions about the evolution of language! Then Bob describes the dilemma that both evolutionists and non-hydroplate creationists have explaining the presence of diamonds in meteorites!
* Current Events: Then Bob discusses the latest well-earned trophies of the #MeToo movement and how that movement is a godsend as it points people (unintentionally) toward the Christian worldview and makes it more obvious that it is impossible for Hollywood to respect women (or men) while trafficking in human sexual behavior. Finally, Bob rips the Pope. See rsr.org/pope for why.
* RSR's Multiple Creation Site Search: Have you used our powerful and time-saving new Google-based search tool? Try RSR's Multiple Creation Site Search! We LOVE using this brand new tool, and it's already saved us hours of work finding the answers to our science and origins questions! (If you're ever looking for this link, we keep it handy, atop rsr.org.)
* Rare Video of Henry Morris Recognizing Dave Nutting: Tonight, Dave Nutting is speaking in Denver at the RMCF meeting. See Henry Morris recognizing Ken Ham, Dave and Mary Jo's organization, and Dr. Walt Brown as all making significant national and of course international contributions to the creation movement...
* BEL YouTube Minor Milestones: By viewing one of our videos or subscribing (and make sure to "hit the bell" for notifications), you'll help us reach the milestones of 1,850 subscribers and 475,000 views (heading toward a half a million). So please consider clicking on over to our BEL YouTube channel and helping out! Thanks! - A KGOV Staffer
* Special Edition of Real Science Radio: Bob Enyart interviews geologist and mathematician Dave Nutting of the Alpha Omega Institute who will speak this Friday evening, Sept. 14, at the Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship (1400 W Caley Ave, Littleton) and for three days next weekend at Mesa Hills Bible Church (615 W Uintah, Colorado Springs). The RMCF talk, great for kids and adults, will present the tremendous biodiversity and evidence for design in Costa Rica including the plumage of the scarlet macaw, the bill of the tucson, the brilliance of the hummingbird, the “Jesus” lizard, the way that crocodiles eliminate salt (as do some birds and even trees), and creatures which farm and use tools to fish! Next weekend’s creation seminar includes wonderful special events like afternoon field trips including to see the geology on the beautiful grounds of the Navigators’ Glen Eyrie Castle! Please RSVP directly at Mesa Hill's website for that seminar, whether for the children’s program or the adult program or for a particular field trip!
* Rare Video of Henry Morris Recognizing Dave Nutting: See Henry Morris recognizing Ken Ham, Dave and Mary Jo's organization, and Dr. Walt Brown as all making significant national and of course international contributions to the creation movement...
Bob Enyart's Oct. 1st Bible Tour of Italy just got better! Call now to see if there's still room for you to register! On Friday Sept. 7, Maranatha Tours informed us that we have enough folks traveling to justify a private bus, just for BEL listeners! Over the years (3 Bible Tours of Israel, 1 of Turkey, 1 of Greece, and now a second of Italy) the best trips have been the few times when our group has had it's own bus!
* Flannery's Back: Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture fellow Prof. Michael Flannery returns to Real Science Radio to discuss his must-read book Nature's Prophet with Bob Enyart. Alfred Russel Wallace's paper mailed to Charles Darwin panicked the materialist to rush to publish so that he could claim preeminence for Wallace's discovery of evolution by natural selection. Yet while acknowledged, the scientific community downplays Wallace' role, primarily because he persistently advocated intelligent design. Of Wallace's dozens of books and approximately 500 articles and scientific papers, Enyart and Flannery discuss his 1864 and 1869 papers which led to Darwin's being appalled at Wallace (who was a forerunner of today's Intelligent Design movement and even back then, eventually won over one of Darwin's closest advisers, geologist Charles Lyell). See also rsr.org/wallace.
* Scientific Dogma: To reinforce current scientific dogma, almost all the attention is given to Darwin with Wallace’ role downplayed because he rejected Darwin’s methodological naturalism, showing that rejection of materialism is not a science stopper.
* Darwin Systematically Failed to Credit Other Scientists: For the documentation showing that Charles Darwin "borrowed", or more accurately, plagerized, other scientists to popularize the significant aspects of "Darwinism", please see creation.com/darwin-plagiarism.
* Evolutionary Naturalism is an Ancient Idea: RSR friend Dr. Jerry Bergman presents a great review of the pre-Darwin ancient beliefs in naturalistic origin of species. Most evolutionists will be shocked to learn the historical information, documented in Bergman's paper, that corroborates the strongest claim, bolded here, in his abstract:
The theory of biological evolution is not a modern idea as is often supposed. Organic evolution was first taught by the Greeks at least as early as the 7th century BC. Greek philosophers probably borrowed and adapted their evolutionary ideas from the Hindus, who believed that souls transformed from one animal to another until they reached a perfection state called nirvana. Charles Darwin allegedly made no contributions to the development of the theory of evolution by natural selection, but simply helped to popularize it. Evolutionists today argue that evolution is a modern idea (i.e. a product of scientific research), in part as an effort to lend credibility to their worldview.
* Chronological Antiquities: On a related topic, Bob Enyart adds the following quote (conveniently also available at Google Books) which he found while reading his copy of a book from 1752 by John Jackson:
The oldest Phoenician, Chaldean, and Egyptian Histories of the World, and all their Theogony, were mixed with Allegory and Fable, which were intended to disguise and palliate the public idolatrous Worship of deified Men and Women, by ascribing their History to physical Causes and mundame Elements.
* Darwin on the 10-pound British Note: The British people love Darwin because they hate God. (See rsr.org/darwin.)
See (or give) at Kickstarter Launch a flat-earther into space. We've already raised more than $34,000!
Our Kickstarter project is live! Launch a flat-earther into space!
In this third episode of this series on volcanism and Hawaii's origin, Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present five arguments against the hotspot hypothesis. For example, "hotspot" island chains like in Hawaii and the Bermuda Rise have associated volcano chains at large angles and even almost perpendicular to the claimed movement of the plates. This series begins at rsr.org/kilauea and the hotshot rebuttal begins lat week at rsr.org/hotspots.
* Perpendicular Hotspot Chains? Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present the geology rebuttal to the "hotspot" explanation of the formation of the Hawaiian island chain. For example, hotspot volcano chains like in Hawaii and the Bermuda Rise have chains at large angles and even almost perpendicular to the claimed movement of their plates.
* Last Week's Favorites:
- NP Chief Ranger: Listeners appreciated that RSR's understanding of volcanism was affirmed last week by long-time national park chief ranger Mark Tanaka-Sanders from Hawaii's volcanic Haleakala NP when he joined Enyart and Williams in studio.
- Surtsey Island: The powerful counter-example of Surtsey was among the positive comments we've received about last week's broadcast when mainstream scientists admit that Surtsey, an island birthed only 55 years ago on November 14th, 1963, formed many surface features in just a few decades rather than in tens of thousands or millions of years that geologists have been taught would be required, of course thereby falsifying much of what the geology textbooks claim.
* Hotspot Hypothesis: If you're interested mostly in learning about the widely-discredited "hotspot" hypothesis on the origin of chains of volcanoes, go directly to Part 2 of this series on Kilauea and Hawaii's volcanoes. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the opening of this 3-part series.
* Hawaii's Kilauea Eruption & Uniformitarianism: With the Big Island's current volcanic eruption as the backdrop, Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams provide counter examples to dispute the claimed uniformitarianism that leads old-earth geologists to the "hotspot" hypothesis for how the Hawaiian Islands formed.
* Of Chief Ranger Fame: It turns out that Mark Tanaka-Sanders is shocked to hear the guys so openly disagree with the government's explanation of such things. Mark, of Chief Ranger fame, from Hawaii's volcanic Haleakala National Park, was instrumental in removing Yellowstone's false exhibit about petrified tree.