Welcome to Real Science Radio: Co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams talk about science to debunk evolution and to show the evidence for the creator God including from biology, genetics, geology, history, paleontology, archaeology, astronomy, philosophy, cosmology, math, and physics. (For example, mutations will give you bad legs long before you'd get good wings.) We get to debate Darwinists and atheists like Lawrence Krauss, AronRa, and Eugenie Scott. We easily take potshots from popular evolutionists like PZ Myers, Phil Plait, and Jerry Coyne. The RSR Archive contains our popular List Shows! And we interview the outstanding scientists who dare to challenge today's accepted creed that nothing created everything.
* Nightmare Finches: Real Science Radio gives news updates from Bob Enyart with a small maskless victory in federal court to Fred Williams and Bob's discussion of the Alfred Hitchcock sequel: The Birds: Darwin's Finch Nightmare. This updates RSR's classic List of Not So Old Things, testing the Darwinian claim that it took 2.3 million years for one finch species to adapt to fill various ecological niches on the Galapagos Islands. So biologists brought a single species to a U.S. Bird Reservation in the Pacific thousands of miles from other land. These birds birds diversified their beaks and the related muscles, and diversified their behavior and filled various ecological niches in only 17 years!
* Mammals: At rsr.org/mammals we now add bears, making it 438 mammal species found in dinosaur and lower strata, so that's slowly approaching the number of dinosaur species! So much for the age of the reptiles! :)
Quantum Pt. 4: Lord-willing, next week
Bob and Fred will complete their series
on quantum mechanics.
The new director of the Mount St. Helens Creation Center and long-time RSR friend, Pat Roy, introduces the creation movement to another powerful rebuttal to old earth arguments. It's called Novarupta, the almost unknown but most powerful volcanic eruption of the 20th century which occurred over a century ago in southern Alaska. Our audience knows Pat from our interviews with him including as the creator of the famed Jonathan Park adventure series and from his Faith on the Edge documentary refuting the Flat Earth syndrome. The people of Juneau on June 6, 1912 from 750 miles away actually heard Novarupta and after falling for three days, ash a foot thick covered the town of Kodiak and collapsed a number of their buildings. Novarupta seven cubic miles of debris, 30 times more than did Mount St. Helens in 1980 and three times more than Pinatubo in 1991. Pat explains the research done, then and now, and parallels Novarupta with the old-earth shattering effects of Mount St. Helens. We have more on this on our classic List of Not So Old Things and on our MSH page!
Quantum Pt. 4: Lord-willing, in two weeks
Bob and Fred will complete their series
on quantum mechanics.
Real Science Radio interviews Dr. Clement Persaud, Professor of Medical Microbiology and Biotechnology for 23 years at Canadore College in Northern Ontario. An expert in cloning and embryo-research legislation, Dr. Persaud focuses on bioethical issues. Today we discuss the COVID-19 vaccines including that Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, and other pharmaceutical firms are producing vaccines using aborted fetal tissue. Agreeing with Dr. Persaud We need to fight to stop that moral horror. (At Bob Enyart Live we do have some success in such matters, as when we helped force Pepsi to stop using aborted embryonic tissue in their recipe and shocking taste research, literally using fetal taste-bud cellls. See rsr.org/pepsi.) Other COVID vaccines, as mentioned today and at rsr.org/covid, are being developed without harvested parts of unborn babies including the one from NOVAX. Bob and Dr. Persaud also discuss vaccine prioritization, human challenges (i.e., further testing by intentionally infecting those vaccinated), and what happens to the vaccines when, as expected, SARS-CoV-2 mutates. Related: See also Bob's article at
Quantum Pt. 4: Lord-willing, in three weeks
Bob and Fred will complete their series
on quantum mechanics.
RSR'sPotList: See our news items and research list. And, imagine the national suffering that could have been averted if these people hadn't been potheads:
- Ferguson's suicide-by-cop Michael Brown - Aurora theater murderer James Holmes
- Islamic Boston Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
- Miami cannibal Rudy Eugene
- Trayvon Martin - Baltimore's Freddie Gray
- Vegas Strip murderer Lakeisha Holloway
- Planned Parenthood shooter Robert Lewis Dear
- Infamous murderer Jodi Arias
- Devin Kelley murdered 26 at church massacre
- Chattanooga's Islamic terrorist Muhammad Abdulazeez
- Tucson massacre mass murderer Jared Lee Loughner, and many more including:
- Japan's pothead legalization activist Satoshi Uematsu killed 19 handicapped people
- England's Manchester jihadist Salman Abedi killed 22
- France's Bastille Day jihadist killed 86 at the beach.
But first, see just below our list of peer-reviewed scientific papers helping to explain why potheads tend to be slow, depressed, and often, worse, as we discuss also in this Real Science Radio YouTube video...
News Update: It's now too late to pray for Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Instead, pray about the national eruption that replacing her will create.
And pray too that Donald Trump changes his nomination approach
and for the first time asks candidates whether they will uphold the
unborn child's right to life.
(For our program on quantum mechanics,
click the Play button above or see below.)
* Ginsburg Replacement Post-show Update: After the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, anti-abortion abolitionists noted that even with the confirmation of an anti-Roe replacement jurist: "Supreme court history informs us that Roe’s reversal would still be unlikely. In 1992, the US supreme court was made up of eight Republican nominees, including three from Reagan and two from Bush. The lone Democrat nominee on the court was Justice Byron White who dissented in Roe v. Wade. So there were eight Republicans and a pro-life Democrat. The Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992) decision should have been a slam-dunk overturning of Roe. Yet even the ’92 court upheld legal abortion. The majority was made up entirely of Republican nominees." See also AmericanRTL.org/dred and for a list of the president's named possible replacements, see kgov.com/Trumps-44 and see below 15 seconds of Amy Coney Barrett.
* $10,000 Cash Offered to National RTL to name 'one' pro-life justice: [as reported at CNBC, the Denver Post, Yahoo News, Covenant News, Houston Chronicle, etc.]
Denver, CO -- "American Right To Life is offering $10,000 to National Right to Life," said the group's president Leslie Hanks, "if they can name a single justice on the current U.S. Supreme Court who has ever stated, in an interview or a ruling or even a dissent, that the unborn child has a right to life. The point is that after decades of NRTL’s compromise strategy, there is not a single justice on the court who acknowledges the child’s right to life."
"In 1981, after president Ronald Reagan agreed he would sign federal personhood legislation for the unborn, National Right to Life and their longtime attorney James Bopp actually opposed that effort claiming they supported a states' rights approach," says the group's site AmericanRTL.org. "A quarter century later notice that NRTL and Bopp have long opposed all state personhood efforts."
In contrast, for the elections in 2008, 2010, and 2014, Colorado pro-lifers turned in a third of a million signatures of registered voters to force statewide referendums to acknowledge in law the personhood of the unborn child, and while the first two campaigns lost, we narrowed the margin from a 3-to-1 defeat to 2-to-1.
Update: For years we have extended this to offer $1,000 to the first person in the general public to provide evidence that a single one of the hundreds of Republican judges in the federal judiciary has ever held, in a ruling, dissent, or otherwise, that the unborn child has a right to life. On 9/17/20 Jason Troyer provided ARTL with evidence that Donald Trump's nominee David Dugan may merit this distinction. ARTL will investigate this promising development and hopefully, despite Dugan's strong stand, will not find any indication that he would uphold regulations legislating how, when, or where an unborn child can be "legally" killed. In the meantime, we renew the offer of $1,000 to the first person who provides evidence of another federal judge (we do, of course, hope there is more than one) who has ever held that the unborn child has a right to life.
* RSR Quantum Pt. 3: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams continue to broadcast and comment on RSR's quantum mechanics article. With this Part 3, see just below for the four prerequisites before listening! And as you listen to today's program you can follow along reading the article itself which is at rsr.org/quantum. And please consider supporting RSR by shopping, subscribing, or donating at rsr.org/store. Thanks so much!
Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams continue to broadcast and comment on RSR's quantum mechanics article. As you listen to today's program you can follow along reading the article itself which is at rsr.org/quantum. And please consider supporting RSR by shopping, subscribing, or donating at rsr.org/store or calling us at 1-800-8Enyart. Thanks so much!
Wave-Particle Duality is a Triality
by Bob Enyart
Three is exact. Always. To infinite precision and regardless of how often it is used, in counting and equations, it never wears down. As is true with all integers, three is always precisely exact.
Protons are always exact as are, in our experience, all neutrons. Like those baryons, all electrons are exact and identical to particles of their same kind whether primordial or formed just now through decay. And as with electrons, all the other leptons too of the same kind appear to be identical with others of the same kind including electron neutrinos, muons, and tau neutrinos. Hundreds of thousands of experiments have confirmed the extraordinarily successful mathematics of quantum mechanics leading to the conclusion that all particles of the same kind are identical (Ford, 2005, The Quantum World, p. 100). Yet at 1,835 times the (rest) mass of an electron, the proton is relatively enormous yet always exactly the same as all others and the two particles always have the opposite, yet exactly equal, electrical charges. So fermions, including all the particles mentioned so far, along with the quarks, all appear to be identical with others of their same kinds. The creatively named up and down, strange and charm, bottom and top quarks each are identical to all others of the same kind. And all of the antiparticles, as expected, such as antilepton positrons, appear to be identical with all others of their same kinds. As an aside, positron diffraction had been demonstrated in 1980 but it took almost four decades more to perform the full double-slit experiment with antimatter demonstrating the expected wave-particle duality (Ariga, et al., 2018, arxiv.org). That interference result was first obtained with light in 1801 and then with (normal) matter beginning in 1927 with electrons, then neutrons in 1988, atoms in 1991, and molecules beginning in 1994 with the largest projectiles to date in 2013 using a synthetic carbon-based molecule of 810 atoms (Eibenberger, et al., 2013, arxiv.org) and in 2019 with molecules of 2,000 atoms (Fein, et al., Nature Physics) weighing 25,000 to 40,000 AMU (atomic mass units). And likewise all bosons are identical with others of their same kind including the Z particle, the Higgs, and all photons as the ubiquitous and uniform force carrier of electromagnetism. (That is, all photons of the same energy levels are identical to all other similarly energized photons.) Manufacturing though, has taught mankind about unavoidable tolerances. So, how is it that all like particles, even those just now coming into existence, are apparently all absolutely identical?
The exactness of repeatedly used numbers does not surprise scientists because, though materialists are known to deny this, numbers are not physical. Science itself cannot exist apart from numbers. And because numbers are not physical, scientific inquiry includes the non-physical. Numbers are a kind of information and, also often denied by materialists, information is not physical. Protons appear to be physical, but their exactitude suggests otherwise. And certainly, the statement and the concept that protons are physical, is itself not physical. That statement, and any statement, as often observed, does not consist of the photons transmitting it to your eyes nor the molecules of ink on a page nor of the sound waves expressing it. Materialists may object but they disqualify themselves from being taken seriously. Rules of investigation, whether used by forensic criminologists or corporate accountants, should be valued to the extent that they help discover truth. The rules of the materialist, such as methodological naturalism, are the opposite. Materialism requires adherence to its rules of investigation especially if that means getting the most important answers completely wrong. Reviewing a Carl Sagan title, the famed Richard Lewontin (Jan. 9, 1997, New York Review of Books) admitted:
We take the side of [materialist] science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs [and] in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism. It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations...
Materialists’ objections are discarded because they arise from the ultimate bias, which is insistence especially if wrong. Contrary to that lack of humility, the New Testament indicates that even Christianity itself is falsifiable. If Christ is not risen, then our faith is false (1 Cor. 15:14). Yet materialists cannot match such courage, covering themselves in a layer of non-falsifiable anti-science. So because there is no discovery, or scientific law, or technological advancement that requires or affirms atheism (Enyart, 2011, rsr.org/technology), the public posturing of materialism as more scientific than theism is dishonest.
For decades, renowned physicists, many Christians, and others have interpreted quantum mechanics as providing evidence against the materialist worldview. And even more, the observer himself appears to have a special status. Either an observer, that is, a mind and a perception, or a measurement, or some kind of record of a measurement, seems to affect the behavior of matter. (For example, as entropy increases in classical mechanics, such as when friction reduces the availability of energy, likewise, knowledge of a quantum coherence state produces decoherence.) Might there then be a specifically Christian insight into quantum mechanics and matter's wave-particle duality?
Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart and Fred Williams conclude their fun list of the things, real things, that are not physical. Today the guys discuss the question that strikes fear in the heart of the materialist. "What if matter itself is not physical?" Leading physicists have been considering for decades now that matter may actually be made of information! Of course, no atheist can even attempt to argue against the reality of non-material things without using non-material things, such as ideas and reason. Like Einstein said, ideas are not physical. It turns out to be so simple, to disprove the claim that only the physical realm exists. For, ideas exist! See also Part 1 (at rsr.org/things) and Part 2.
And as mentioned in passing on today's program, see a claim against Richard Dawkins made in a BEL television segment in the 1990s that twenty years later was confirmed by Dawkin's himself. Hear the popular evolutionist in our video: Dawkins Proves Creationist Right!
* How Did Radioactive Decay Start in Earth's Crust? (Re-run during recovery from a minor accident while Bob was out boating. "See you guys, Lord-willing, next week!") Real Science Radio co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams describe Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory from his book, In the Beginning, and Dr. Brown's discovery of the origin of Earth's radioactivity. Ways to learn about the origin of Earth's radioactivity:
- Listen to today's program (above)
- Read this written show page
- Read Bob's brief 2019 RMCF articles Part 1 & Part 2
- Read Walt's theory right here at hpt.rsr.org
- See this visually just below in Bryan Nickel's video tutorial
- Read Walt's theory starting on page 380 of the ITB 9th Edition pdf.
- God created a paradise for mankind so no radioactivity would have existed on the original Earth because radioactive decay can cause birth defects, disease, and death with lowered lifespans.
- For ex., uranium formed on Earth, as evidence by its worldwide ratio (see below)
- The fourth state of matter, beyond solid, liquid, and gas, is plasma (lightning, neon lights, etc.) which is like a gas but with the electrons stripped away. - By the piezoelectric effect, pressure on quartz produces an electric voltage and the granite in the Earth's crust is more than one-fourth quartz.
- Z-pinched electrical pulses produce nuclear combustion by stripping away electrons and then squeezing together nuclei producing radioactive and other elements.
- Decay rates speed up by a billion times or more when half lives are measured for atoms stripped of their electrons; for example when ionized the 41-billion year half life of rhenium's beta decay speeds up to 33 years. - Atmospheric lightning produces new isotopes (most of which decay within minutes).
2017 Update: Naturereports that lightning storms "trigger atmospheric photonuclear reactions" that produce isotopes. [In 2010 Dr. Brown published his Radioactivity theory including references to little noticed research showing that atmospheric lightning produces radioisotopes (and also explains the Oklo Natural "Reactor").]
- Earthquake Lights: Earthquakes produce piezoelectric lightning flashes in the ground and also, coming out of the ground. (See also rsr.org/eql.)
2017 Update: Twitter video of this phenomenon during Mexico's deadly magnitude 8.1 quake. [Thanks to RSR London listener Remy for the heads up.]
2016 Update: Video of earthquake lights surface, this time after New Zealand's magnitude 7.8 quake epicentered between Christchurch and Wellington.
2014 Update: A paper in the journal Seismological Research Letters is reported on in USA Today's Scientists find records of rare 'earthquake lights'.
2013 Update: This may be the phenomena causing the apparent pre-quake disturbances in the ionosphere that led scientists to consider a possible earthquake warning system, as reported in 2008 by BBC News, and pursued by the U.K. and Russia in 2011 and generating continued interest and research in 2013 in a European Geophysical Union conference presentation, and here with RSR's 2014 interview with QuakeFinder.
- The journal Nature reports that an average earthquake produces hundreds of millions of volts.
- During the upheaval of the global flood pressure in the crust produced enormous voltages that produced plasma surges in the crust.
- Those voltages smashed together the nuclei of atoms to create, in the crust, radioactive elements and massive, instantaneous apparent radioactive decay. - Missing uniform distribution of earth's radioactivity: From our RSR debate with theoretical physicist (emphasis on the theoretical), Lawrence Krauss... The theory of chemical evolution claims that all of our radioactive elements were created in the explosion of stars, but that would predict a relatively uniform distribution on Earth. However, in an otherwise contentious interview, Krauss agreed with Enyart's statement on air that 90% of Earth's radioactivity (uranium, thorium, potassium-40, etc.) is located in the continental crust, and Krauss added, a mystery for him, that it tends to concentrate around granite! That is, that 90% is not in the mantle nor in the enormous amount of the crust which lies under the oceans, but our planet's radioactivity is concentrated in 1/3rd of 1% of the Earth's mass, in the continental crust. (Further, the release of the crust's heat has not yet reached a steady state. And "hotspot" lava allegedly arising from the mantel doesn't support any claim of a lot of deep radioactivity.) Krauss offered a partial explanation: that uranium was originally evenly distributed throughout (an alleged) molten earth but being a large atom, it floated toward the surface. The bias of this physicist led him to forget, apparently, that it is density, and not size, that causes things to float. Uranium is 70% more dense than lead, almost as dense as gold, and one of the most dense elements (excluding atheists and other manmade phenomena). Further, for argument's sake, that would only explain the relative absence of radioactivity deep in the Earth, but would not explain uranium's distancing itself from the mantle and from the oceanic crust, nor its affinity for the continents and even, of all things, for granite. Further, under Krauss' belief in the widespread falsehood that the planet was once molten, if so, then the gold in the crust should have sunk to the core! The creationists, on the other hand, have a theory based on observational science as to why radioactivity is concentrated around granite.
The isotopes of each chemical element have almost constant ratios with each other. ... Why is the ratio of 235U to 238U in uranium ore deposits so constant almost everywhere on Earth? One very precise study showed that the ratio is 0.0072842, with a standard deviation of only 0.000017. [There's less than one U235 atom, with its 700M year half-life, for every hundred U238s, with their 4.5B year half-lives.] Obviously, the more time that elapses between the formation of the various isotopes (such as 235U and 238U) and the farther they are transported to their current resting places, the more varied those ratios should be. The belief that these isotopes formed in a supernova explosion millions of light-years away and billions of years before the Earth formed and somehow collected in small ore bodies in a fixed ratio is absurd. Powerful explosions would have separated the lighter isotopes from the heavier isotopes.
Some radioisotopes simultaneously produce two or more daughters. When that happens, the daughters have very precise ratios to each other, called branching ratios or branching fractions. Uranium isotopes are an example, because they are daughter products of some even heavier element. Recall that the Proton-21 Laboratory has produced superheavy elements that instantly decayed. Also, the global flux of neutrons during the flood provided nuclei with enough neutrons to reach their maximum stability. Therefore, isotope ratios for a given element are fixed. Had the flux of neutrons originated in outer space, we would not see these constant ratios worldwide. Because these neutrons originated at many specific points in the globe-encircling crust, these fixed ratios are global.
- Waltbrownium, the IUPAC, and the Nobel Prize in Physics: The element that decayed into daughter products U-235 and U-238 is the naturally occurring though now-extinct waltbrownium. Symbol Wb.
Atomic number (Z) > 118
Atomic weight of > 294
> 118 protons, > 118 electrons
> 176 neutrons
Half-life perhaps ~10 ns.
Waltbrownium is the heaviest chemical element yet discovered (though indirectly). It is in, or above, the post-Actinide series. Wb is not [yet] an IUPAC officially named element but has been preliminarily named, here, by RSR. The identification of this element should earn its discoverer a Nobel Prize in Physics after he identified the evidence for its existence and the experimental evidence for its formation. The uniform uranium ratio provides the evidence to confirm that waltbrownium existed on the Earth. (This evidence provides as much, or even more, confirmation as neutrinos provide for solar fusion.) Further, the thousands of Proton-21 Laboratory experiments in the Ukraine (and similar experiments in the U.S. at Sandia Nat'l Labs, Russia, Germany, and in Sweden at the Dept. for Applied Physics and Electronics, Umea University) provide the experimental evidence for Wb formation. This element was predicted in January 2012 when Brown, Ph.D. from MIT in mechanical engineering, published the two paragraphs immediately above. Dr. Brown himself has since termed this element Proto-Uranium.
- Non-HPT flood models (including Catastrophic Plate Tectonics) have a "heat problem" including because their accelerated decay explanation of Earth's radioactive elements (presented in its R.A.T.E. project) would melt much of the Earth, they admit, if it had actually happened as they envision and the heat was not suspernaturally removed. Regarding CPT for example, see RSR's Global Flood video just below, beginning at 25:29. The HPT on the other hand explains the origin of Earth's crustal radioactive materials in a way that removes heat! Wikipedia's nuclear binding energy article accurately explains: "For elements that weigh more than iron (a nucleus with 26 protons), the fusion process no longer releases energy. In even heavier nuclei energy is consumed, not released, by combining similar sized nuclei."
- Carbon 14 Dating Subject to Less Havoc: From rsr.org/14c: "Dr. Brown's theory for the origin of Earth's crustal radioactivity intrinsically explains the unreliability of heavy element radiometric dating of Earth rocks while recognizing Carbon 14 dating as relatively accurate (adjusting for the old earthers' erroneous assumption that 14c levels have been constant over the past 100,000 years). In the HPT, what appears to be accelerated radioactive decay applies to elements in the crust and inside the subterranean water chamber (i.e., beneath the firmament). This effect would not have applied to an element in the atmosphere, such as 14c. So as a result of widespread misunderstanding of Earth's history, old-earth geologists contend with infamously contradictory million- and billion-year radiometric dates, whereas carbon dating is not subject to the same extreme physical forces that play havoc with other radiometric dating methods."