Inexplicably, since at least 1881, the Church has ceded control of the identity of the Greek New Testament to atheist and liberal textual scholars. Enter RSR friend Alan Bunning and his Center for New Testament Restoration (greekcntr.org). Alan has assembled all the known handwritten manuscripts of the New Testament up to 400 A.D., transcribed the many that hadn't been transcribed, made these available to the world from his website, and created a computer program to collate the text. Significantly, Tyndale House has published a Greek New Testament using Alan's collation! If you would like to help further Alan's work, you can donate to the CNTR or contact him to volunteer if you have skills in transcription, computer or data science, database administration, web design, Greek linguistics, papyrology, or textual criticism.
* Want to See Greek Manuscripts for the First Time? Bob Enyart suggests the following steps:
- Go to greekcntr.org
- Click on Resources, Manuscripts (you'll be here)
- Class: Class 1
- Witness: GA P13
- Scroll down and click on the magnifying glass for Hebrews 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, and 12.
- Click on the small font blue verse numbers for:
An interlinear (CNTRi)
Parts of speech
Bunning Heuristic Prototype (BHP)
Parallel readings from all known extant manuscripts to 400 A.D.
* Caught Off Guard: "I was surprised at how fascinated I was by this interview! Thank you RSR and Alan Bunning!" -Nate from Golden, Colorado. Nate, thanks so much! You may also love RSR's program documenting the validity of full ending of Mark's gospel!
RSR Defending the Text:
- Rescuing Mark's last 12 verses (this program)
- Resolving those Alleged Contradictions
- Demolishing the JEDP Documentary Hypothesis
- Liberals and Atheists No Longer Control Our Greek Text
- rsr.org/granville-sharp rule (click on Titus 2:13)
* On Demolishing JEDP with Umberto Cassuto: Dr. Peter Gentry helps RSR demolish the attack of the Documentary Hypothesis designed to undermine the authority of God's Word. It's been a pre-Cassuto and post-Cassuto world ever since the eminently qualified academic lectured at Hebrew University against the claimed four JEDP sources of Genesis and whole Pentateuch, that is, the alleged Yahweh, Elohim, Deuteronomist, and Priestly divisions of many of the chapters in the first five books of Moses.
* Another Resource: See the Institute for New Testament Textual Research at the University of Münster.
Today's Resource: What We Believe & Why We Believe It (Blu-ray, DVD, or Video Download) This is our Christianity 101 series in eight parts...
1. The Bible Itself (revelation, inspiration, illumination, canon)
2. God (attributes, trinity)
3. The Created Beings (angels and man; then the animals)
4. The Old Testament (overview)
5. The New Testament (overview)
6. The Overall Plot of the Bible (dispensations; law and grace; Israel and the Body)
7. The End Times and Hell
8. Eternal Life and Heaven