Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart concludes his interview with Ryan Mullins, theologian and author of the Oxford Studies title, The End of the Timeless God. Again, more than 700 pages on the websites of the big creation ministries (CMI, AiG, CRS, ICR) use the phrase "God and time". (You can verify that with this the time-saving customized Google tool atop rsr.org to simultaneously search the big creation groups.) The guys also discuss the nearly ubiquitous influence for centuries now from the utterly damaging doctrine of Divine Simplicity. For if Simplicity were true, it would prohibit even the very triune nature of God. (And my producer just asked, If Divine Similicity were true, what's the point of learning more about God? Hmm.) Research fellow at Scotland's University of St. Andrews, Dr. Mullins has published groundbreaking work on the topic of God's relationship to time. Bob read and highly recommends Mullin's book. And we invite you to browse our own titles and check out "God and time" resources at our own store.kgov.com! And make sure to hear Part 1 and Part 2 beginning at rsr.org/mullins and our series with Dr. Richard Holland on his book, God, Time and the Incarnation!
* As a Public Service for the Coronavirus Pandemic: and brought to you by the Crawford family of radio stations, RSR host Bob Enyart interviews the director of the Van Andel Research Center in Chino Valley, Arizona, molecular biologist Dr. Kevin Anderson. We discuss the origin of this SARS-CoV-2 virus with the evidence against it being created in a lab as a biological weapon and why COVID-19 is far more deadly than the common cold. Bob co-hosts with Fred Williams the Denver-based long-running Real Science Radio broadcast with its home on Crawford's AM 670 KLT, a new affiliate Portland's KKPZ in Oregon, another in much of northern California via San Francisco's KCBC 770 AM and our podcast home at rsr.org. (Conspiracy hobbyists, please see the "Stunning Reports" just below.)
* RSR's COVID Science Interviews: Molecular biologist Kevin Anderson (above & 3 antibodies), NIH scientist emeritus Bruce Patterson (Rantes & leronlimab), Biochemist Michael Behe, & nanotechnologist and synthetic chemist James Tour.
* RSR's Public Policy and Update Shows: Stunning Report 1; SR 2; SR 3; SR 4; and 25 Ways the Shutdown Kills
* Dec. 12, 2020: Contrary to the imagined hospital strain HHS (referred to by Biden as the Department of Health and Education), reports that at the peak of the pandemic hospitals today are at only 75% capacity (ICUs at 63%), with under 15% of all patients covid positive. As for particular states, New York for instance is at 76% (ICUs 61%) and California is at 76% (ICUs 79%). Meanwhile, as Just the News reports, remember that Chicago spent $120 milllion to create temporary facilities to treat a total of 38 patients."
* Johns Hopkins University Economist Stands By the Missing COVID Death Numbers: The university's newsletter had its Twitter account deactivated and then its student editor retracted their report of the Johns Hopkins economist Genevieve Briand on US COVID deaths. Finding a shocking lack of excess mortality, the report has reappeared and is available right here. The bizarre "explanation" for why it was disappeared is here. Briand's numbers have come directly from the CDC (aka the Seedy See from their years misrepresenting the spread of HIV).
* Nov. 28, 2020: Published peer-reviewed paper from Rutgers scientists, consistent with economomist Briand's, shows that 89% of COVID deaths in two New Jersey hospitals had prior DNR (do not resuscitate) orders. That's just under the percent of deaths of DNR patients who died without COVID!
* 12/8/20 Update: We just "won" our case, but the details haven't been made public. Tune in to BEL here on KGOV for an update, perhaps on Monday!
Pastor Bob and Pastor Joey Rhoad's lawsuit and fleeting injunction victory has been reported by dozens of outlets including the Denver Post, CNN, Breitbart, Life
* 25 Ways Alleged Journalists Kill People: Alleged journalists who recklessly use the term "cases" conflate antibody tests, viral tests, and those who are sick with the actual disease, as if there were no difference between the virus, SARS-CoV-2, and the COVID-19 disease that it may or may not cause. Such irresponsible reporting in and of itself can kill people because ideas have consequences and there are, remember, 25 Ways the Shutdown Kills People...
* COVID Vaccines: Our friends over at cogforlife.org list the COVID vaccines under development being produced morally, that is, without using fetal tissue, including those from Merck, Sanofi, and from Novavax, which on July 7th received a $1.6 billion dollar U.S. vaccine contract. The Charlotte Lozier Institute reports other COVID vaccines made without fetal tissue include those from Pfizer, Inovio, and BioNTech. Those producing vaccines immorally include Moderna and Johnson & Johnson which use fetal tissue. We strongly urge everyone to boycott vaccines developed using tissue harvested from unborn children. (Remember, many institutions and celebrities who have been "pro-choice" all along are now also calling to legalize infanticide, what they call after-birth abortion.) Related: Recently, pharmaceutical giant Sanofi Pasteur discontinued using fetal tissue for its polio vaccine! While many parents have other vaccine concerns this development is an important step toward moral and socially sustainable medicine. (Hear also our vaccine interview with microbiologist Dr. Clem Persaud.)
* RSR's 25 Christian COVID Conspiracies: Bob presents a list of conspiracies vs. actual pandemic insights.
* When Deaths Peaked: From mid-April to the first week in May when fatalities averaged over 1,800 deaths daily, for that duration COVID-19 was the #1 cause of death in America.
* "Cases Spiking" Fake News through June & July: (July Update) All of the breathless national media reporting on "spikes" in cases through June and July are nothing but fake news when delivered without context. The mainstream media, and even Fox News and many on their network including Neil Cavuto, report "spikes" without putting that data within the needed context of increased testing and especially, the long-term steady reduction in deaths. Later though deaths did rise again...
Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart continues his interview of Professor Gentry. Tim Mahoney's film series Patterns of Evidence presented the Documentary Hypothesis attack on Moses as the author of Genesis and the whole Torah. An intriguing screen moment was when Prof. Peter Gentry recounts asking his own professor about a book by preeminent academic Umberto Cassuto called The Documentary Hypothesis. His professor responds, "We don’t read things like that here." Really? This little book presents eight lectures delivered at Jerusalem's Hebrew University by Dr. Cassuto, holding professorships at the University of Florence and the University of Rome until the Italian fascists enacted their anti-Semitic laws when he had to leave and went to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Dr. Gentry, who studied language and Old Testament at Dallas Theological Seminary, Jerusalem University College, and earned his degrees from the University of Toronto, talks Bob through Cassuto's fourth lecture against the Documentary Hypothesis affirming the integrity of the authorship of the Pentateuch! See this also at rsr.org/exodus#gentry and you may want to hear Part 1 and Part 3 of this series.
Tim Mahoney's film series Patterns of Evidence presented the Documentary Hypothesis attack on Moses as the author of Genesis and the whole Torah. An intriguing screen moment was when Prof. Peter Gentry recounts asking his own professor about a book by preeminent academic Umberto Cassuto called The Documentary Hypothesis. His professor responds, "We don’t read things like that here." Really? This little book presents lectures delivered at Jerusalem's Hebrew University by Dr. Cassuto, holding professorships at the University of Florence and the University of Rome until the Italian fascists enacted their anti-Semitic laws when he had to leave and went to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Dr. Gentry, who studied language and Old Testament at Dallas Theological Seminary, Jerusalem University College, and earned his degrees from the University of Toronto, talks Bob Enyart through Cassuto's powerful arguments against what's known as the JEDP Documentary Hypothesis and affirming the integrity of the authorship of the Pentateuch. See this also at rsr.org/exodus#gentry and you can hear rsr.org/gentry-2 and rsr.org/gentry-3 and watch Mahoney's The Moses Controversy for the powerful historical evidence of Hebrew as the world's first alphabet and for it's availability for writing the Pentateuch (and, as RSR adds, the Book of Job) at the time of the Exodus.
* Prof. Gentry's Resources: Dr. Peter Gentry's scholarly and popular works include the following two texts...
* Real Science Radio Online Store: We invite you to browse the science department of our online store. Any purchase or especially, any subscription, donation, or automatic monthly donation, really helps RSR continue to reach more people with our streaming, podcasts, and radio broadcasts!
* Get the Patterns of Evidence Films: You can get Tim Mahoney's three films, and other Exodus resources, found in RSR's Patterns Department in our online store! And check out the trailer for Tim's second film, The Moses Controversy...
Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart continues to interview theologian and author of the Oxford Studies title, The End of the Timeless God, Ryan Mullins. More than 700 pages on the websites of the big creatoion ministries (CMI, AiG, CRS, ICR) use the phrase "God and time". (If you'd like to verify this or otherwise use the time-saving customized Google tool to simultaneously search the big creation ministries, just look atop rsr.org.) Research fellow at Scotland's University of St. Andrews, Dr. Mullins has published groundbreaking work on the topic of God's relationship to time. Bob read and highly recommends Mullin's book! And we invite you to browse our own titles and check out "God and time" resources at our own store.kgov.com! And make sure to hear Part 1 from last week at rsr.org/mullins and Part 3 is scheduled for broadcast on Friday April 3, 2020.
Today's Resource: Predestination & Free Will Seminar So much is at stake when people consider predestination and free will. Strong emotions often surface with a discussion of this topic. That passion points to our critical need to understand the truth regarding whether or not God has predetermined who will go to heaven and who will go to hell.
Also, the question of whether or not God has planned out each person’s life affects us. Does God have a plan for your life? Does a blueprint exist for your future? Did God predetermine whether or not you would get married, and to whom? Did God plan whether you would be wealthy or poor, happy or sad? If God does plan your life, does He do so in minute detail or in general themes? If God has a plan for your life, are you able to alter that plan? This topic directly influences people concerning how they live their lives. As Christians, we must seek God to accurately portray the LORD to others. For any misrepresentation of God will dishonor Him and perhaps bring harm to those misled.
You can now order the seminar video in a 3-DVD set or MP4 video download.
This video link will be removed from here in a week...
Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviews Ph.D. in organic chemistry Dan Reynolds. After nearly three decades in the pharmaceutical industry (mostly at GlaxoSmithKline) and a quarter century in creation work with TASC, Dr. Reynolds talks to us about abiogenesis, RNA World, and the just updated 1984 bestseller, The Mystery of Life’s Origin by a biochemist, a geochemist, and a materials scientist. The 2020 edition has guest chapters including by synthetic chemist James Tour and RSR friend Stephen Meyer. The guys discuss: the stall within the natural origins community; the origin of biological information in proteins, DNA, and RNA; complex specified information; the ruthlessness of chance vs the probabilistic resources of the universe; and the dead end of a proposal called RNA World.
To Help: To help with our March 2020 telethon goal of $40,000, please consider calling us at 1-800-8Enyart or above just click on the store or here at kgov.com/store!
Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviews theologian and author of the Oxford Studies title, The End of the Timeless God, Ryan Mullins. Research fellow at Scotland's University of St. Andrews, Dr. Mullins has published groundbreaking work on the topic of God's relationship to time. Bob read and highly recommends Mullin's book! And we invite you to browse our own titles and check out "God and time" resources at our own store.kgov.com! On Monday, March 23rd at 5 p.m. Eastern Time you're invited to tune in for Part 2 and then on April 3rd for Part 3 when the guys get to the nearly ubiquitous and utterly damaging doctine of Divine Simplicity.
Post-show Update: See opentheism.org/aseity for the argument that the Settled View undermines God as a self-existent being and makes William Lane Craig a necessary being.
Today's Resource: Predestination & Free Will Seminar So much is at stake when people consider predestination and free will. Strong emotions often surface with a discussion of this topic. That passion points to our critical need to understand the truth regarding whether or not God has predetermined countless particulars including who will go to hell and who will go to heaven.
The question of whether or not God has planned out each person’s life affects us. Does God have a plan for your life? Does a blueprint exist for your future? Did God predetermine whether or not you would get married, and to whom? Did God plan whether you would be wealthy or poor, happy or sad? If God does plan your life, does He do so in minute detail or in general themes? If God has a plan for your life, are you able to alter that plan? This topic directly influences people concerning how they live their lives. As Christians, we must seek God to accurately portray the LORD to others. For any misrepresentation of God will dishonor Him and perhaps bring harm to those misled.
You can now order the seminar video in a 3-DVD set or MP4 video download.
Over the hundreds of Real Science Radio episodes we've talked about Carbon 14 (and what it indicates about the age of fossils) with some of the world's leading experts on radiocarbon dating (for example, Dr. Steve Taylor, long-time Head of the Mass Spectrometry Group at the University of Liverpool and author of 160 peer-reviewed papers). Today, by recommendation from a listener who speaks about creation at St. Cloud University in Minnesota, we're interviewing someone who actually built a Carbon-14 research lab! Dr. John Lepera, with a masters in physics from Ball State, presents his experience helping the anthropology department by measuring radiocarbon in peat that formed under a retreating glacier in what is today Muncie, Indiana. The careful results he obtained supported the biblical timeframe, so he was told to do it again, and by using a sample that included some limestone grains with the peat (i.e., a contaminated sample), the results satisfied the requirement of the anthropoligists and please his own academic advisor.
And please help if you possibly can with our March 2020 BEL Telethon by clicking here! In addition to our ongoing financial needs to keep reaching more people online and on the radio, our $14,000 disc publisher just died, so this telethon is even more important than ever! To help us reach our goal, please consider either purchasing a product, subscribing, or making a donation at our store.kgov.com. Thanks so much everyone!
Looks like a typical street around Florence. Cheryl and I walked down one late night for 15 minutes and it opened to a wonderful square with restaurants and a strolling guitar player. Praying for Italy! https://t.co/mM8jUkplP0— Bob Enyart Live (@BobEnyart) March 14, 2020
Today's Resource: Real Science Radio 2018 Welcome to Real Science Radio: Co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams talk about science to debunk evolution and to show the evidence for the creator God including from biology, genetics, geology, history, paleontology, archaeology, astronomy, philosophy, cosmology, math, and physics. (For example, mutations will give you bad legs long before you'd get good wings.) We get to debate Darwinists and atheists like Lawrence Krauss, AronRa, and Eugenie Scott. We easily take potshots from popular evolutionists like PZ Myers, Phil Plait, and Jerry Coyne. We're the home of the popular List Shows! And we interview the outstanding scientists who dare to challenge today's accepted creed that nothing created everything. This audio disk features all of the Real Science Radio episodes from 2018.
Correction: James Craft is speaking in:
- Sterling at 7 p.m. tonight, Wednesday, at the First English Lutheran Church
- Ft. Morgan at 7 p.m. on Thursday at Calvary University Innovation Center
- Denver at 7 p.m. on Friday at our Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship at the Littleton Baptist Church
- Colo Spgs at 1 p.m. on Saturday at Mesa Hills Bible Church.
The journal Science published a report indicating that 30,000 U.S. public high school biology teachers (consistent with many thousands of scientists and scholars) do not endorse Darwinism in class! One of those science teachers, who taught at Green Bay, Wisconsin, is James Craft. With a major in biology and a minor in chemistry from the University of Wisconsin at Madison, that bastion of liberalism, Jim taught his students two models, the unreasonable one, evolution, and the reasonable one, creation. For as the Bible says, faith is the [proper response to the] evidence for things not seen, whereas it is unreasonable to believe, against all scientific knowledge, in a materialist origin of life (OOL) claim that life could arise from non-life. (By the way, we'll discuss abiogenesis that with a biochemist on Friday's RSR program and on March 27 we'll resume our series with Fred Williams on the problems with star formation.) Jim Craft is speaking around Colorado's front range this week in the evenings at 7 p.m., tonight in Sterling at the First English Lutheran Church, tomorrow at Calvary University Innovation Center in Ft. Morgan, Friday at our Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship at the Littleton Baptist Church, and at 1 p.m. on Saturday afternoon in Colorado Springs at Mesa Hills Bible Church.
* Star Formation Problems: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss the problems with star formation and the laws of physics that collapse the theory... but not the nebula! See also Part 2 and Part 3!
Standard Models Start Late: The models for star formation begin, amazingly, with the explosion of preexisting stars (e.g., "When these forces fall out of balance, such as due to a supernova shock wave, the cloud begins to collapse") or, as with the classic study by Larson which assumed a starting point where the hypothetical condensation was already well under way. Analytical calculations and computer simulators do not show that star formation is possible based upon the known laws of physics.
Star Rotation: The "angular momentum problem" as Larsen calls it (2003, The physics of star formation), recognizes that the rotation rates of the potential star-forming nebulae are a thousand times greater than could possibly be contained in a star (without it flying apart). As a spinning nebula condensed, its spin would be conserved, like a figure skater pulling in her arms, so that the rotation rate of a star would be wildly fast beyond anything known in the universe.
Condensing Nebula: Condensing a gas cloud, like the Eagle Nebula, would increase pressure and temperature, which would then expand the cloud, because the weak force of gravity is easily overpowered by the cloud's pressure, as well as its angular momentum. Further, the cloud would have to be more massive than an average star yet orders of magnitude smaller than any known nebulae.
Magnetic Strength: The journal Science published what amounts to a parallel of the angular momentum problem, "Interstellar clouds are permeated by magnetic fields that we believe to be effectively frozen to the contracting gas; as the gas cloud collapses to form a star, the magnetic field lines should be compressed ever closer together, giving rise to enormous magnetic fields, long before the collapse is completed. These fields would resist further collapse, preventing the formation of the expected star; yet we observe no evidence of strong fields, and the stars [allegedly] do form, apparently unaware of our theoretical difficulties."
Dark Matter to the Rescue (Again): If gravity working on matter were sufficient to explain star formation, scientists would not be pinning their hope on dark matter. As explained in 2007 by a Reuters science correspondent Dark matter key to formation of first stars, "As the universe initially was only helium and hydrogen, dark matter was critical in providing the gravitational force to pull these elements together to form stars. Now that there are other objects in the galaxy [including pre-existing exploding stars], dark matter is not needed to form stars." Then again in 2014 a Nature paper on the formation of the first stars and galaxies was described by Caltech's Richard Ellis, "Now we can get to grips with how stars and galaxies form and relate it to dark matter. You can make stars and galaxies that look like the real thing. But it is the dark matter that is calling the shots." As a theory rescue device, dark matter is rather flexible!
Population III: The BB predicts that the "first generation" of stars stars, referred to as Population III stars, would have been comprised only of hydrogen and helium (without metals, i.e., heavy elements) and that they should still be plentiful. Yet even though many millions of stars have been studied and cataloged, not even one Population III star has been found. "Astronomers have never seen a pure Population III star, despite years of combing our Milky Way galaxy." -Science Jan. 4, 2002, p. 66 (see this reference and many more). Recently this problem was defined away by claiming that the smallest Pop III stars would have been a thousand times more massive than previously claimed and so would more rapidly expend their nuclear fuel. But then in Nov. 2018, an allegedly 13.5 Gyr-old very small binary star system was discovered rewinding the wildly morphing stellar evolution hypothesis.
No Dust to Form Molecular Hydrogen: If the so-called first generation stars could overcome all other star formation hurdles and have their formation helped by the use of molecular hydrogen, an additional problem (not unlike the difficulty of forming raindrops without a pollution/particulate nucleus) exists in that hydrogen atoms are unlikely to bond without a landing surface of sorts.
Blue Star Assembly Line: Short-lived (1M to 10M-yr) Blue "straggler" stars unexpectedly found in allegedly much-older clusters.
Particular Stars Acknowledged as Unexplainable: See below, examples of individual stars, one nearby and one faraway, that leading scientists say, "should not exist" according to current theory, regarding research published in leading journals.
Millions of Years of Missing Stage 3 Supernovas: An explosion appeared in the night sky in 1054 A.D. as a supernova remnant (SNR) forming the Crab Nebula. Big bang theory predicts a significant rate of star explosions (one every 25 to 100 years). Yet, not only are there millions of years of missing SNRs of Stage 3 diameter, further, the number of Stage 1 and Stage 2 SNRs correspond well to the expected number if the universe is less than 10,000 years old. (For more on this, check out this RSR program.)