* Perpendicular Hotspot Chains? Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present the geology rebuttal to the "hotspot" explanation of the formation of the Hawaiian island chain. For example, hotspot volcano chains like in Hawaii and the Bermuda Rise have chains at large angles and even almost perpendicular to the claimed movement of their plates.
* RSR's Hotspot Rebuttal Series:
- Hawaii Hotspot Hypothesis Widely Discredited Pt 1 (this show)
- Rebutting Hawaii's 'Hotspot' Origin Pt. 2
- Rebutting Hawaii's 'Hotspot' Origin Pt. 3
- Our Introductory Program, Hawaii's Kilauea Eruption, is sufficiently summarized in Part 1. However if you're a cross-your-Ts kind of person, we invite you to click on back to that preliminary program and enjoy.
* Highlights fomr Last Week's Introduction:
- NP Chief Ranger: Listeners appreciated that RSR's understanding of volcanism was affirmed last week by long-time national park chief ranger Mark Tanaka-Sanders from Hawaii's volcanic Haleakala NP when he joined Enyart and Williams in studio.
- Surtsey Island: The powerful counter-example of Surtsey was among the positive comments we've received about last week's broadcast when mainstream scientists admit that Surtsey, an island birthed only 55 years ago on November 14th, 1963, formed many surface features in just a few decades rather than in tens of thousands or millions of years that geologists have been taught would be required, of course thereby falsifying much of what the geology textbooks claim.