* It's a Blacktie Affair: A talent search to find the most qualified hosts to present KGOV's List of BEL Sayings settled on Doug McBurney and Bob Enyart. If you have a suggestion or if you find that a saying here predates Bob's program or is attributed to someone else, please email us.
The BEL Sayings List (one of many KGOV List shows)
"It's no longer a justice system; now it's just a system." more
"The death penalty is at the heart of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." more
Regarding any "lesser" evil: "There's no bottom to that abyss." more
"Like evolving a vital organ, most major hurdles for evolution are extinction-level events." more
"Judge Rightly Is Not Some Guy's Name." more
"Until Hollywood respects women on camera, they cannot respect them off camera." more
"If the church in the past couldn't handle meat but only milk, today it's lactose intolerant." more
"In the public square, homosexuality and Christianity are mutually exclusive. One or the other will be criminalized." more
"There's no such thing as an End Times expert who isn't also an expert on the entire Bible." more
Asking someone who says, "God is everything", "Is He a child molester?" "No, of course not." "Then He isn't everything, is He." more
So, if Muslim male suicide bombers get seventy virgins, what do the females get? "They get to opt out of being one of the seventy."
"On Bob Enyart Live, we expose the liberal in the conservative." more
"Methodological naturalism requires adherence to its rules especially if that means that getting the biggest questions completely wrong." more
Every compromise on moral public policy is a victory for liberals and a failure for Christians. more
Asking someone who says, "Truth is unknowable!", "How do you know?" more
"Preaching the Gospel is a matter of national defense." more
"Miracles foster unbelief." more
"They never forgive the one they hurt." more
"The Bible is a criminal justice textbook." more
"Your public school is showing." more
"Don't get prayer into the public schools, get your kid out." more
"Don't be nicer than God." more
"Any law that ends with, And then you can kill the baby, is a bad law." more
"ACLU, the Anti-Christ Legions of the Underworld, aka All Criminals Love Us." more
"Most Calvinists in debate become Arminians." more
"Open theism is not based on man's freedom but on God's freedom. God can write a new song, think a new thought, design a new flower. And that means that the future cannot be settled but must be open." more
Combining Calvinists and Arminians into a single camp: "It's the Settled View vs. the Open View. Whichever truly exalts God is the correct view." term coined
"Arminians are too calvinistic for me. They believe the future has always been eternally settled. So to them, for example, whether your great grandchildren go to heaven or hell has been eternally and always unchangeably settled." more
J.O.N.A.H. "Jesus' Obvious Nativity Attributes Hermeneutic." more (A New Jersey BEL listener tells people who ask if his son Jonah was named after the book in the Bible: "No, he's named after a hermeneutic." :)
N.O.A.H. "New Openness Attributes Hermeneutic." more
"The five biblical attributes of the eternal God are that He is living, personal, relational, good, and loving." more
"Relationships are the most important things in all of existence." more
"If the death penalty only applied to one family, let it apply to mine." more
"What came first to a blighted neighborhood, an abandoned home or a welfare check?" more
"Today, a conservative is a Republican trying to save a social program started by a liberal." more
"A Republican is a Democrat from twenty years ago." more
"A libertarian is an immoral conservative." more
"Of two billion expectant moms, none ever said, 'I hope it's a homo!'" more
"The side in a debate that promotes it afterward may be the side that really thinks it prevailed." more
"The overview of the Bible is the key to its details!" more
[Is this new to BEL?] "Regarding fixing a socialist country, it's relatively easy to turn an aquarium into fish stew, but it's rather difficult to turn it back into an aquarium." more
"For the billions of animals who owe their existence to the menu, it's better to have lived and been eaten than never to have lived at all." more
"Warning, warning, warning Will Robinson there are Bible verses up ahead. For those in the audience who advocate pluralism and diversity, we know here at Bob Enyart Live that you would like to censor anyone who would dare quote a Bible verse in public. So this warning gives you fair notice that raw unadulterated truth is about to be uttered." more
Lyrics (and music by Tony Funderburk!) for the KGOV Theme Songs:
BEL Theme Song
Warning, Warning, there's truth up ahead.
It gets beyond all the headlines you've read.
Don't need lip service with a wink and a nod.
You need a man on a mission from God.
Well not to worry, here's Bob Enyart Live!
RSR Theme Song
Intelligent design and DNA,
scholars can't explain it all away.
Get ready to be awed,
by the handiwork of God.
Tune into Real Science Radio.
Turn up the Real Science Radio.
Keepin' it real!
"This is Bob Enyart reminding you to do right and risk the consequences."
- Bob Enyart
* About coining the term "Settled View": As in his high profile 2005 debate with Knox' Prof. Lamerson, Bob Enyart has long spoken of and may have coined this rather obvious term. The Settled View effectively describes and combines into a single camp major otherwise discordant theological systems (including Arminianism and Calvinism). All settled viewers oppose God being free and able to think new thoughts; that is, they oppose open theism. The term was apparently picked up by writers including Gregory Boyd (2006, 2008) and both William Lane Craig and David Hunt in 2013. Craig and Hunt write of "the so-called settled view" in the journal Faith and Philosophy referring to it primarily as the "SFV" which they quote from "Settled Future View" in the same journal from Rhoda, Boyd, and Belt, etc. The phrase has also been picked up notably by Chris Fisher of GodIsOpen.com, by various bloggers, tweeters, various posters, street preachers, random evangelicals (although they probably wouldn't refer to themselves that way :), and by popular authors, theology forum admins, and apologists.
Select BEL Definitions/Clarifications (for our full and updated list see kgov.com/definitions)
conservative: A Republican trying to save a social program started by a liberal. kgov.com/conservatives
terrorism: Violent crime committed to influence public policy. more
money: The accounting of transferable incomplete transactions. more
knowledge: (human) Awareness of truth.
knowledge: (in books) Record of truth.
truth: a statement of reality
forensics: Historical science; investigation of the past whether criminal or not. more
See more at BEL Definitions.
If you think we should add some other BEL Saying or definition used sometime over the last quarter century, please email your suggestion to Bob@kgov.com. Thanks! -The KGOV Crew
And you may want to check out kgov.com/got-a-million-of-em. :)
Memorable BEL Show Titles:
- I Love Animals; They're Delicious
- There's No Place Like Homophobia
- Liberals to Stop Using Toilet Paper
- Gored or Bushwhacked
- O'Really? O'Reilly
- Love the Gin, Hate the Dinner
- Time shall be no more? When's that?
- The Silence of the Damned
- Are You Sharia 'bout That?
- Pharaoh Baracktut Obamankhamun
- etc. Feel free to suggest a title to remove from this list :)
or one to add, via an email to Bob@kgov.com. We haven't
yet scanned the titles from 2002 to 2018, so if you'd
like to help with this, you can skip the shows prior to 2002
but in our archives review the show titles since. Thanks!
* Example of Bob's Saying: This Ellen McHenry cartoon illustrates Enyart's saying, "The most famous atheist is the one who can say the greatest absurdity with the straightest face. Ditto for evolutionists." From ScienceDaily and the Journal of Geology, Did ancient supernovae prompt human ancestors to walk upright? A paper in the Journal of Geology makes the case. Supernovae bombarded Earth with cosmic energy starting as many as 8 million years ago, with a peak some 2.6 million years ago ...
* Today's Resources: You're invited to check out our powerful BEL resources at store.kgov.com!