Bob Enyart and Will Duffy air brand new audio from CARM's Matt Slick as they discuss this weekend's two debates between Will and Matt on Open Theism and Calvinism. [Update: Here's their first debate, on Open Theism...]
* Will Matt Slick Repudiate John Calvin on God Being the Author of Sin? Like countless other Calvinists, Matt Slick is constantly hearing that Calvinism seems to teach that God decreed everything, including every action, every thought, every desire, and therefore, every sin. If true, then Calvinist theology horrifically would make our Holy God the author of sin. So in trying to defend God's goodness (a theodicy) in light of Calvinist claims that the entire future is settled by means of God's decrees, Matt occasionally proffers ideas to disconnect actual sin from God's own decree. However, John Calvin himself insisted on the opposite, that God did not merely permit sin ("No mere permission") nor that He only allows it (He is the "Author" of sin), but explicitly, that God commanded the commission of every sin. See the recent Bob and Will Duffy program, Calvinism vs. the real John Calvin and the film Calvinist: Calvin's Institutes Claim God is the Author of Sin. So as challenged on today's program: Will Matt Slick repudiate John Calvin's insistence that God is the Author of sin?
* A Google Search answers, "Not according to the Bible." If you Google: Is God outside of time?, Google answers, Not according to the Bible! Ha! Check it out and see kgov.com/time, Google's #1 ranked website for that search out of tens of millions!
* The Duffy/Slick Debate Links:
- 12/1/17: Open Theism: youtu.be/JCNPmLIOnDg (we welcome your comments)
- 12/2/17: Calvinism: youtu.be/XDA-_SP3J9Y (on our moderated threads)
- See the 33 Categories of Open Theism Verses at opentheism.org/verses
- Hear Will's pre-debate radio interview at kgov.com/duffy (above)
- Duffy/Slick highlights and analysis radio series
- Related: Will Duffy vs. Arminian Pastor Jaltus: Is the future open?
- Radio interview on the film Calvinist and John Calvin Institutes Bk. 1 Chap. 18.