- Atheist author, surgeon and colonel Dr. John Henderson attempts to refute the evidence Bob presents for the existence of God. Judge for yourself whether this educated atheist uses reason and logic, or simply gives subjective, emotional responses. Notice that as far as the discussion went, Dr. Henderson had no evidence for his cosmology beliefs, and presented poorly thought out positions, but seemed to blindly accept any scientific claim as long as it was in opposition to the Creator.
Update - Holroyd's Role with the World's Largest Protest Sign: For Bob Enyart's project when American Right To Life unfurled on the Rocky Mountains overlooking metro Denver the world's largest protest sign, against Barack Obama and the DNC (see AmericanRTL.org/sign), Dr. Ed Holroyd took over the job of the project's site selection committee and chose the east face of North Table Mountain in Golden.
This program is considered a special edition of Real Science Radio because of it's segment on the transient nature of Saturn's rings.
- Archaeologist Steven Baird, of EvolutionOnTrial, talks to Bob about the debunked claim that mankind evolved from Lucy.
This is a special edition of Real Science Radio.
Today's program has been designated as a Special Edition of Real Science Radio because of the alleged "Natural History" Museum segment later in the program:
* Denver Museum Curator Kirk Johnson: Bob Enyart attended the Denver Museum of Nature and Science along with scores of Christian homeschoolers. When Bob questioned the truth of an exhibit aimed at kid's eye level, museum curator Dr. Kirk Johnson answered a question with a question by quoting Pontius Pilate: "What is truth?"
* Looking for Common Ground with Captain Kirk: The creationist tied to find common ground with the atheist. Hoping to get the curator, whom we now fondly refer to as Captain Kirk, to at least admit to the existence of some truth, Bob asked, "Dr. Johnson, do you exist?"
The Ground Might Not Exist: To which Dr. Johnson answered, "I don't know if I exist." This occurred in view of a home-school crowd attending the museum and inf front of a Colorado Springs Gazette reporter.
If Captain Kirk Exists, Then What? Enyart then suggested to Kirk: Dr. Johnson, you intuitively fear God and so you are refusing to admit that truth exists because you know where truth will lead you. Truth will lead you to the God of truth.
Dr. Kirk Johnson's Intellectual Tantrum: Of course that's exactly where Dr. Johnson doesn't want to go. Rather, he threw an intellectual tantrum by implying that it was just possible that he might not exist. Rather than analyzing his behavior as an example of being unable to think, Johnson knew exactly the implication of admitting that any truth whatsoever exists. Along with countless other atheists, he is afraid that if he admits that he himself exists, then that means that there is truth. And he's afraid of the implications of the existence of truth, because it inexorably leads to the existence of the God of Truth. If this were not so, millions of atheists (and those who mimic them) would not deny the existence of truth.
Don't They Know If They Made Life Yet? Articles in the Rocky Mountain News (before it folded) and in the Colorado Springs Gazette (back when they could still afford to keep their archives online) quoted Denver Museum curator Dr. Kirk Johnson saying that creationists like our friends at BC Tours are "quite backward and intellectually dishonest" and that "they don't believe science exists." And this from a man, whom we fondly refer to as Captain Kirk, who told us that he doesn't know if he exists! Bob's letter to the Gazette (below also) asks, "It's been fifty years since that Miller experiment! Don't they know yet if they made life or not?"
In 2020 this show was marked as an RSR program. If you listen to this, please consider:
- Sending a written show description, just a paragraph or more, or
- Sharing your opinion and why you think that this program should or should not be marked as an RSR show.
Thanks for your consideration! - Bob@kgov.com