* The Infidel Guy: also known as atheist Reggie Finley, whose family appeared on ABC's program Wife Swap, discusses the existence of God with Bob. This debate lasted four hours, and we'll air another segment tomorrow.
* Scablands of Washington: are yet another example of a massive geological feature (16,000 square miles in Washington) that formed not over eons or millions of years, but cataclysmically by mega-flooding. Once again the religious commitment to uniformitarian belief retarded the progress of science, for many decades. But to help any evolutionist from hyperventilating after learning about the Missoula Flood and subsequent devastation, geologists (like on the recent PBS Nova special on the Missoula Flood) claim there were multiple cataclysmic Missoula Floods that swept periodically across eastern Washington. Right. The evidence they showed was a series of dozens of nearly perfectly formed alternating strata that were supposedly laid down through a series of very similar, massive, floods over a 20,000-year period. However, if any of those beautifully parallel layers had been exposed for 500 to 5,000 years (while waiting for the next flood deposits to cover it up), wind and water erosion would have ruined the perfect symmetry of the deposits. It's funny how atheists can't explain the universe, so they posit an infinite number of parallel universes, as though that solves their problem; and they go kicking and screaming to admitting catastrophe in the Scablands, and now they have multiple massive, nearly identical floods. Right. As Bob watched the Nova special, he noticed that so many features of the Scablands and the cataclysmic admissions of geologists make so much sense, and are even expected, in light of Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory explanation of our geologic past!
* Beware the Coming Ice Age: Oops, that was Newsweek in the 1970s alarming children with millions of deaths from the approaching glaciers, and today, those kids' kids fear being drowned by rising seas. But in reality, Greenland's ice is not rapidly melting as feared, Antarctica ice is not melting as feared, the last Ice Age ended with the world warming without benefit of combustion engines, and Mars, of all places, has been warming recently, but not from roving SUVs, but... from the Sun.
* Fred Williams: webmaster for Creation Research Society co-hosts Real Science Radio with Bob Enyart and they conclude discussion of Volume 20(3) of the 2006 Journal of Creation, a prestigious peer-reviewed science journal from CreationOnTheWeb.com.
* Captain Zircon's Helium Race: Bob and Fred describe how helium diffusing out of zircon refutes some old-earth claims. From our List of Not So Old Things (rsr.org//zircons), Helium Found Everywhere It's Not Supposed to Be. By the evolutionary time frame, zircon crystals should not have loads of helium in them, but they do. The periodic table shows helium to be an ultralight element. As even deflating birthday balloons suggest, because its atom is so tiny, helium easily escapes from most enclosures, especially natural ones including from crystals! The crystal lattice is large compared to the size of the tiny helium atom. All movement from the unavoidable atomic vibrations of thermal fluctuation, will relatively quickly result in helium escaping its confinement. Empirical laboratory experiments confirm this obvious physical reality. Continental crust contains uranium, and uranium has a super slow half-life and its decay chain produces helium. The above facts enable us to test a huge assumption made by old-earth geologists, namely, that zircons, which also contain radioactive uranium, are a billion years old. If zircons were that old, and if uranium always decayed slowly over hundreds of millions of years, then zircons should have almost no helium in them becuase while such decay would be super slow, the helium would diffuse out of the crystal very rapidly. A Ph.D. geophysicist from Los Alamos Nat'l Labs and other physicists and scientists published a prediction of the rate of helium diffusion from zircons at various temperatures. A high-precision laboratory then measured actual diffusion rates which precisely matched their predictions. These impressively credentialed scientists based their predictions on a 6,000 year age of the zircons. Meanwhle, a prediction based on billion-year ages would be off in the amount of helium retained in zircons by a factor of about 10,000. Thus, this is powerful worldwide evidence, based on the most fundamental effects of temperature on atoms, that the assumptions are unjustified which give radiometric ages of billions of years.
* Origin of Earth's Radioactivity: Show update. See rsr.org/radioactivity for a report on Dr. Walt Brown's theory of the origin of Earth's radioactivity.
* The White Australian Policy: by evolutionist Keith Windschuttle admits and documents the connection between racism in Australia and Darwin's racism and the racist views of Darwin's followers including the racist, embryo fraud perpetrator and founder, ironically, of the Association for the Propagation of Ethical Atheism, Ernst Haeckel. (Update: Consider also Bob Enyart's interview of Sharon Sebastian on her book, Darwin's Racists.)
* Hugh Ross and Reasons To Doubt: Old-earth creationist Huge Ross co-wrote Who was Adam? which shows his desire to muddy the waters by making monkeys (non-humans) out of men, for example, quoting a now thoroughly discredited study (debunked in the evolutionary Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences) that had wrongly claimed that Neandertal tooth growth rates provided evidence it was not human. Also, Ross boasts of predictions of his Old-Earth model such as 1) mankind's population was once small, and 2) humans then spread around the world, leading Bob to point out that he prefers the kinds of predictions made by Dr. Walt Brown!
UPDATE & WARNING: See Bob and Fred's 2012 RSR: Caveman program which presented an interesting genetic comparison such that, "two modern chimps of the same species will have more DNA variation than Neanderthals or Denisovans have to modern humans!" But, beware the photos and scary video!
* Hugh Ross and General Unreliability: Forget relativity. First we've got to deal with General Unreliability. For years old-earth theists have circulated the fine-tuning claims from progressive creationist Hugh Ross (Reasons to Believe). Those claims are shown to be sloppy at rsr.org/big-bang#ross. Sadly, Dr. Ross has a reputation for sloppy handling of scientific, linguistic, and biblical data. One of our own examples is Hugh's claim that the Genesis days must be long ages because any "biblical chronolog" must be sequence determinable from external evidence. That is fanicful. He merely concocted a hermenetic out of thin air because it supports his terribly loose interpretation of Genesis. (For example, Ross rejects the global flood, rejects that the Sun was created before Day One, rejects that God created plants before aquatic animals; etc.). In The Fingerprint of God, Ross writes that:
Genesis 1 fits the form and, hence, the function of a Biblical chronolog. A study of all other chronologs in scripture reveals that events presented in sequence are both time-order discernable and time-order significant.
Sadly, all of this is pure fabrication. No such "study" exists, yet Ross claims that this is, "a major purpose of the chronolog". The prophecies of Daniel and Revelation that Ross references as proof are irrelevant to a claim that a historical sequence recorded in the Bible must later be, "discernible... for validating the supernatural accuracy of the writers statements." There is no such hermeneutic that requires that a "Biblical chronolog" result in external factors that must enable students of God's Word later to discern the order of such events. That is fanciful and of course it would be violated anyway by, for example, the ten plagues of the Exodus.
* Hugh Ross' Affiliated Scientists Debate Bob: You might enjoy our CD of a moderated debate before a live Denver audience between young earth and old earth teams. Bob Enyart and his friend, Christian high school science teacher, Don Daly defend the young earth position versus two members of the Colorado chapter of Hugh Ross' Reasons to Believe, noted geophysicist John Nicholl, former president of the EEGS, and mathematics professor Gordon Brown from the University of Colorado in Boulder. You just might love listening to the: Age of the Earth Debate!
* Missing Crust in Atlantic: A listener wrote to Bob, "They must be reading Walt Brown!" Let's celebrate! "British scientists have embarked on a mission to study a huge area on the Atlantic seabed where the Earth's crust is mysteriously missing..." according to this LiveScience report! Is this more evidence for Walt Brown's biblical Hydroplate Theory?
* Bristlecone Pine Tree Rings: do NOT provide evidence as claimed by evolutionists of an age for the Earth greater than the Bible's record. The refereed scientific Journal of Creation presents the overwhelming evidence that these trees growing in the arid White Mountains of California, one of the driest places on earth, grow multiple rings per year. Thus once again scientifically careful research, this time in dendrochronology, is consistent with biblical chronology!
See also RSR's The Origin of Trees!
* The Hobbit: Journal of Creation lists strong evidence that the pygmy-like skeleton from Indonesia is not a monkey but from a human being. For example, Robert Eckhardt, a professor of development genetics at Penn State, reports 140 cranial features that place the Hobbit "within modern human ranges of variation, resembling Australomelanesian [human] populations."
* The Big Bang Fails Its Shadow Test: As reported in Science Daily, University of Alabama at Huntsville scientist Dr. Richard Lieu concludes, "Either... the Big Bang is blown away or ... there is something else going on'." The Astrophysical Journal reported on a "vital test of the present cosmological paradigm" i.e., the big bang, that "taken at face value, one may even hold the opinion that there is in fact no strong evidence" for the long-predicted shadow of the CMB from behind 31 nearby galaxy clusters, "beyond the usual primary CMB... variations". As with dozens of some of the most careful and extensive observations ever made in the history of science, the missing shadow is yet another failure, not of an incidental off-the-cuff prediction but of a fundamental requirement of the big bang. As Dr. Lieu put it, "These shadows are a well-known thing that has been predicted for years. If you see a shadow… it means the radiation comes from behind the cluster. If you don’t see a shadow, then you have something of a problem."
* Update: See the Royal Astronomical Society's follow-up corroboration in context at RSR.org/evidence-against-the-big-bang, and hear RSR's 2014 discussion with one of the world's more successful physicists at rsr.org/john-hartnett, that this hard data implies that the CMB may have a foreground source.
* Fred Williams: Fred is the webmaster for the Creation Research Society and co-host of Bob Enyart's Real Science Radio program. Fred describes articles in the 2006 Journal of Creation, a prestigious peer-reviewed science journal from Australia's CreationOnTheWeb.com (later, just creation.com). Listen or see below for the huge Yellowstone mountain that broke apart, not over millions of years, but in only 30 minutes, and for the newly publicized Australopithecus baby ape that undermines the claims for Lucy.
* Jonathan from Thornton, CO: On Day Two, God made the firmament to divide the waters below from the waters above, and that firmament [search for "two pastors"] was not the atmosphere, but the crust of the Earth!
* Pat from Aurora, CO: Like in Walt Brown's catastrophism, today's geologists will admit to the massive Heart Mountain in Wyoming breaking apart in just "30 minutes!" The Heart Mountain Detachment in Yellowstone country originally consisted of carbonate rock at least 1650 feet thick that "covered an area of 1100 square kilometers [that] broke up into at least 50 large fragments and spread over an area greater than 3,500 square kilometers." And this, NOT over millions of years, but rapidly.
* Johnny from TOL: Calling from Tampa Bay, Florida, this evolutionist member of TheologyOnline.com argues with Bob that "evolution is not about an increase in information." Bob argues that the typical claim that evolution is evidenced by harmful mutations, disease, and a loss of information, is merely obfuscation, since both sides of the debate admit that degeneration occurs (things break down). And so, molecules-to-man Darwinists must prove an information explosion (supposedly from protozoan to human), which is not accomplished by their endlessly pointing to genetic loss and disease.
* UPDATE Hypothalmus: Bob updated today's program to accept Johnny's claim that the hypothalmus was never claimed to be vestigial. However, while Wikipedia is not authoritative, it is often reliable; and the history section of the WP article on vestigial organs includes the example of the Hypothalmus as a gland which was once claimed as lacking in functionality sufficiently to be evidence that it is an evolutionary left over.
* UPDATE Information: One of the world's leading evolutionary microbiologists, Franklin Harold, admits in 2001 that, "We must concede there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolutio of any biochemical or ceullar system, only a variety of whishful speculations."
* RSR Co-host Bob Enyart Interviews Walt Brown: on where all the water of the global flood went?
* The Atlantic Floor Rose: As the fountains of the great deep broke forth and eroded away the volume of what today is the Atlantic Ocean, the subterranean chamber floor rose to become the Atlantic floor. The slab of the Earth that would become the Americas broke off of the Earth's hydroplate, and began sliding to the west, lubricated by subterranean waters. Europe, Asia, and Africa began sliding to the east.
* Mountains Parallel the Mid-Atlantic Ridge: As the continents slid away from the rising mid-Atlantic ridge, water continued to burst from the subterranean chamber, and eventually, friction stopped the 50-mph slides, causing the continents to thicken and buckle, and rise up high out of the flood waters. In only hours, most of the world's mountain ranges formed, and they tend to run north to south, generally parallel to the mid-Atlantic ridge.
2018 UPDATE: Bryan Nickel joins Bob Enyart for our June is Grand Canyon Month at RSR to discuss the Hydroplate Theory explanation for the origin of the Grand Canyon! Just go to rsr.org or the permalink at rsr.org/grand-canyon-hpt-origin.
* Two Lakes Breached: Grand Lake and Hopi Lakes, lifted high by the Colorado Plateau, breached their natural dams, and emptied out removing 2,000 cubic miles of sediment from above the Grand Canyon, and then carved out the 800 cubic miles of the canyon itself. (For the greater geologic context of how this happened, see rsr.org/hpt.)
* Ten Years Later Update on the Flat Gaps: Notice that the layers of the Grand Canyon, revealing buried strata like nowhere else on Earth, show that the sedimentary layers have characteristically flat, horizontal, and parallel boundaries, not unlike laminated wood. If the secular model were correct, and this mile deep stacking of sediments were laid down over hundreds of millions of years, then erosion, which is constant and relentless, would guarantee that there would be no such parallel uniformity to the boundaries of these layers. The vast majority of the Earth's sedimentary layers were laid down rapidly. Their minerals were agitated into their varying degrees of characteristic purity and conformity by a process known as liquefaction. This liquefaction was powered by both the fluttering crust and a year's worth of the crest and trough of global tidal waves pressing water into and effectively pulling it out of the increasingly deposited sediments. Thus the widespread flat gaps between sedimentary strata (also known as paraconformities, parallel strata with no apparent erosion) were formed globally on the continents. For more information, you may want to check out Bob Enyart and Fred William's November 2017 program, RSR Debrief of Geology Field Trip with Walt Brown.
* Marble Canyon Formed Differently: than the overall Grand Canyon, but similarly to how the Grand Canyon's Inner Gorge formed. Grand Lake poured out removing a massive funnel-shaped slice of earth above the area of Marble Canyon, and with that enormous weight removed, the strata below bowed upward, and the earth cracked, forming Marble Canyon not primarily by rapid erosion (as the Grand Canyon formed), but as a tension crack. Grand Lake waters flowing southwest beyond Marble Canyon joined with Hopi Lake waters and eroded the Grand Canyon.
* The Massive Side Canyons: of the Grand Canyon mystify geologists, having formed with no apparent water source, as though there are more than a dozen missing Colorado Rivers. Yet the formation of the side canyons is understood easily by realizing that as the Earth was drying out after the Global Flood, the terrain around the canyon was still saturated, with a high water table, the water comprising perhaps one-fifth of the strata by volume. As the breached lake waters carved out the Canyon, subsurface waters carved the side canyons!