Bob Enyart's Oct. 1st Bible Tour of Italy just got better! Call now to see if there's still room for you to register! On Friday Sept. 7, Maranatha Tours informed us that we have enough folks traveling to justify a private bus, just for BEL listeners! Over the years (3 Bible Tours of Israel, 1 of Turkey, 1 of Greece, and now a second of Italy) the best trips have been the few times when our group has had it's own bus!
* Flannery's Back: Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture fellow Prof. Michael Flannery returns to Real Science Radio to discuss his must-read book Nature's Prophet with Bob Enyart. Alfred Russel Wallace's paper mailed to Charles Darwin panicked the materialist to rush to publish so that he could claim preeminence for Wallace's discovery of evolution by natural selection. Yet while acknowledged, the scientific community downplays Wallace' role, primarily because he persistently advocated intelligent design. Of Wallace's dozens of books and approximately 500 articles and scientific papers, Enyart and Flannery discuss his 1864 and 1869 papers which led to Darwin's being appalled at Wallace (who was a forerunner of today's Intelligent Design movement and even back then, eventually won over one of Darwin's closest advisers, geologist Charles Lyell). See also rsr.org/wallace.
* Scientific Dogma: To reinforce current scientific dogma, almost all the attention is given to Darwin with Wallace’ role downplayed because he rejected Darwin’s methodological naturalism, showing that rejection of materialism is not a science stopper.
* Darwin Systematically Failed to Credit Other Scientists: For the documentation showing that Charles Darwin "borrowed", or more accurately, plagerized, other scientists to popularize the significant aspects of "Darwinism", please see creation.com/darwin-plagiarism.
* Evolutionary Naturalism is an Ancient Idea: RSR friend Dr. Jerry Bergman presents a great review of the pre-Darwin ancient beliefs in naturalistic origin of species. Most evolutionists will be shocked to learn the historical information, documented in Bergman's paper, that corroborates the strongest claim, bolded here, in his abstract:
The theory of biological evolution is not a modern idea as is often supposed. Organic evolution was first taught by the Greeks at least as early as the 7th century BC. Greek philosophers probably borrowed and adapted their evolutionary ideas from the Hindus, who believed that souls transformed from one animal to another until they reached a perfection state called nirvana. Charles Darwin allegedly made no contributions to the development of the theory of evolution by natural selection, but simply helped to popularize it. Evolutionists today argue that evolution is a modern idea (i.e. a product of scientific research), in part as an effort to lend credibility to their worldview.
* Chronological Antiquities: On a related topic, Bob Enyart adds the following quote (conveniently also available at Google Books) which he found while reading his copy of a book from 1752 by John Jackson:
The oldest Phoenician, Chaldean, and Egyptian Histories of the World, and all their Theogony, were mixed with Allegory and Fable, which were intended to disguise and palliate the public idolatrous Worship of deified Men and Women, by ascribing their History to physical Causes and mundame Elements.
* Darwin on the 10-pound British Note: The British people love Darwin because they hate God. (See rsr.org/darwin.)
See (or give) at Kickstarter Launch a flat-earther into space. We've already raised more than $34,000!
Our Kickstarter project is live! Launch a flat-earther into space!
In this third episode of this series on volcanism and Hawaii's origin, Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present five arguments against the hotspot hypothesis. For example, "hotspot" island chains like in Hawaii and the Bermuda Rise have associated volcano chains at large angles and even almost perpendicular to the claimed movement of the plates. This series begins at rsr.org/kilauea and the hotshot rebuttal begins lat week at rsr.org/hotspots.
* Perpendicular Hotspot Chains? Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present the geology rebuttal to the "hotspot" explanation of the formation of the Hawaiian island chain. For example, hotspot volcano chains like in Hawaii and the Bermuda Rise have chains at large angles and even almost perpendicular to the claimed movement of their plates.
* Last Week's Favorites:
- NP Chief Ranger: Listeners appreciated that RSR's understanding of volcanism was affirmed last week by long-time national park chief ranger Mark Tanaka-Sanders from Hawaii's volcanic Haleakala NP when he joined Enyart and Williams in studio.
- Surtsey Island: The powerful counter-example of Surtsey was among the positive comments we've received about last week's broadcast when mainstream scientists admit that Surtsey, an island birthed only 55 years ago on November 14th, 1963, formed many surface features in just a few decades rather than in tens of thousands or millions of years that geologists have been taught would be required, of course thereby falsifying much of what the geology textbooks claim.
* Hotspot Hypothesis: If you're interested mostly in learning about the widely-discredited "hotspot" hypothesis on the origin of chains of volcanoes, go directly to Part 2 of this series on Kilauea and Hawaii's volcanoes. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the opening of this 3-part series.
* Hawaii's Kilauea Eruption & Uniformitarianism: With the Big Island's current volcanic eruption as the backdrop, Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams provide counter examples to dispute the claimed uniformitarianism that leads old-earth geologists to the "hotspot" hypothesis for how the Hawaiian Islands formed.
* Of Chief Ranger Fame: It turns out that Mark Tanaka-Sanders is shocked to hear the guys so openly disagree with the government's explanation of such things. Mark, of Chief Ranger fame, from Hawaii's volcanic Haleakala National Park, was instrumental in removing Yellowstone's false exhibit about petrified tree.
* Dear NASA, Thanks For Taking Our Call: During a prestigious science conference this week in Germany, a Science editor submitted a question from Real Science Radio to a NASA astrobiologist regarding water being an enemy, and not an asset, to the supposed natural origin of life from inanimate matter. So while the left was distracted with Trump, here at RSR we quietly snuck up to their perimeter and lobbed in a truth bomb. Bob Enyart and Fred Williams air the audio of news editor Tim Appenzeller asking the question, and then they listen to the response from senior “astrobiologist” Dr. Mary Voytek. Evolutionists often present their problems as though they were evidence for their theory (as for example with sexual reproduction, and sometimes, like with the famed anti-creationist Eugenie Scott, even forget what the word "problem" means).
Bob Enyart welcomes co-host Fred Williams back into the Real Science Radio studio after our rsr.org/gc series with Bryan Nickel. (You may want the accompanying Grand Canyon Special!) Bob and Fred preview next week's program on Hawaii's volcanic eruption and the "hotspot" hypothesis of how the Hawaiian Islands formed.
* A Decade Back into the RSR Archives: [Note: Perhaps you can help RSR's BB video reach 800 views!] On this radio program, co-hosts Bob Enyart and creation speaker and engineer Fred Williams discuss articles from creation.com (then CreationOnTheWeb.com) for the March, April, & May 2008 Creation magazine. Letter from a Christian Citizen: Doug Wilson tells Creation magazine that the "philosopher David Hume (himself a skeptic) showed, several centuries ago, that there is no real way to get from 'is' to 'ought.' How do I get from a description of the way things are ... to the way they ought to be? ... Should a human mother care for her children... or eat them like some spiders do? Science doesn't give us ethical information." Btw, Fred is also the webmaster for the Creation Research Society.
Show summary from rsr.org://bel/20080718:
* Letter from a Christian Citizen: Doug Wilson tells Creation magazine that the "philosopher David Hume (himself a skeptic) showed, several centuries ago, that there is no real way to get from 'is' to 'ought.' How do I get from a description of the way things are ... to the way they ought to be? ... Should a human mother care for her children... or eat them like some spiders do? Science doesn't give us ethical information."
To this American Right To Life would add, from their article, Einstein In His Own Words:
"In 1936 Einstein famously wrote, 'the most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible,' and in 1944, remarking about Russell, he described the ability to get from matter to ideas as a 'gulf-logically unbridgeable,' which some scientists and linguists refer to as Einstein's Gulf, and in 1950, Einstein wrote that 'science can only ascertain what is, but not what should be,' necessarily excluding from its domain 'value judgments of all kinds.'"
Creation magazine then observes the irony that "atheists... actually build their worldview by making illegitimate extrapolations from science." See also rsr.org/math and again, AmericanRTL.org/Einstein.
* The Fish Wars: Atheists and evolutionists widely desecrate the Christian fish symbol by putting legs on it to symbolize evolution. Dr. Thomas Lessl of the University of Georgia researched the motivations and was told, "I did it to annoy the Christian right wing, since they are fond of putting the fish/Christ symbols on their cars..." and "Creationists are [expletive]... Humans are no better than chickens [BE: How does he know, has he tasted them?]... earthworms... algae or infectious salmonella..." [BE: Britain’s Prince Philip of the Worldwide Fund for Nature even wishes to be an infectious germ, saying that he would like to be reincarnated as a "killer virus to lower human population levels." Prince HIVlip, perhaps?] Dr. Lessl commented, "By inserting Darwin's name in the place of the fish icon usually reserved for Christ, the icthus symbol is ritually profaned."