News Update: It's now too late to pray for Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Instead, pray about the national eruption that replacing her will create.
And pray too that Donald Trump changes his nomination approach
and for the first time asks candidates whether they will uphold the
unborn child's right to life.
(For our program on quantum mechanics,
click the Play button above or see below.)
And from kgov.com/republican-judicial-crisis:
* Ginsburg Replacement Post-show Update: After the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, anti-abortion abolitionists noted that even with the confirmation of an anti-Roe replacement jurist: "Supreme court history informs us that Roe’s reversal would still be unlikely. In 1992, the US supreme court was made up of eight Republican nominees, including three from Reagan and two from Bush. The lone Democrat nominee on the court was Justice Byron White who dissented in Roe v. Wade. So there were eight Republicans and a pro-life Democrat. The Planned Parenthood v. Casey (1992) decision should have been a slam-dunk overturning of Roe. Yet even the ’92 court upheld legal abortion. The majority was made up entirely of Republican nominees." See also AmericanRTL.org/dred and for a list of the president's named possible replacements, see kgov.com/Trumps-44 and see below 15 seconds of Amy Coney Barrett.
* $10,000 Cash Offered to National RTL to name 'one' pro-life justice: [as reported at CNBC, the Denver Post, Yahoo News, Covenant News, Houston Chronicle, etc.]
Denver, CO -- "American Right To Life is offering $10,000 to National Right to Life," said the group's president Leslie Hanks, "if they can name a single justice on the current U.S. Supreme Court who has ever stated, in an interview or a ruling or even a dissent, that the unborn child has a right to life. The point is that after decades of NRTL’s compromise strategy, there is not a single justice on the court who acknowledges the child’s right to life."
"In 1981, after president Ronald Reagan agreed he would sign federal personhood legislation for the unborn, National Right to Life and their longtime attorney James Bopp actually opposed that effort claiming they supported a states' rights approach," says the group's site AmericanRTL.org. "A quarter century later notice that NRTL and Bopp have long opposed all state personhood efforts."
In contrast, for the elections in 2008, 2010, and 2014, Colorado pro-lifers turned in a third of a million signatures of registered voters to force statewide referendums to acknowledge in law the personhood of the unborn child, and while the first two campaigns lost, we narrowed the margin from a 3-to-1 defeat to 2-to-1.
Update: For years we have extended this to offer $1,000 to the first person in the general public to provide evidence that a single one of the hundreds of Republican judges in the federal judiciary has ever held, in a ruling, dissent, or otherwise, that the unborn child has a right to life. On 9/17/20 Jason Troyer provided ARTL with evidence that Donald Trump's nominee David Dugan may merit this distinction. ARTL will investigate this promising development and hopefully, despite Dugan's strong stand, will not find any indication that he would uphold regulations legislating how, when, or where an unborn child can be "legally" killed. In the meantime, we renew the offer of $1,000 to the first person who provides evidence of another federal judge (we do, of course, hope there is more than one) who has ever held that the unborn child has a right to life.
* RSR Quantum Pt. 3: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams continue to broadcast and comment on RSR's quantum mechanics article. With this Part 3, see just below for the four prerequisites before listening! And as you listen to today's program you can follow along reading the article itself which is at rsr.org/quantum. And please consider supporting RSR by shopping, subscribing, or donating at rsr.org/store. Thanks so much!
RSR's Quantum Thoughts:
- Prerequisite 1: RSR's List of Things that are Not Physical
- Prerequisite 2: Know the two-slit experiment
- Prerequisite 3: Listen to Part 1 at rsr.org/triality
- Prerequisite 4: Listen to Part 2 at rsr.org/triality-2
- Wave-Particle Duality is a Triality Part 1 (this page)
- 2018: Quantum Biology: Doing what standard chemistry and physics can't
- 2019: QB Pt. 2: Our seemingly impossible sense of smell
- 2019: How Quantum Computers Do It: Finally, a Helpful Illustration
- 2019: Google's Quantum Supremacy
- 2019: Top Mathematicians: Ants & Bees, Mold & Amoebas
- 2018: Coincidence or Determinism? Quantum theology and physics
- 2015: An RSR preview show
- 2020: Our article at rsr.org/triality aka rsr.org/quantum
* 15 Seconds of Amy Coney Barrett: Here's our 15-second video: and hear much more of this with comments from Bob at kgov.com/amy-coney-barrett.