Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams celebrate the stunning mathematical capabilities, some faster than a supercomputer, of ants and honeybees and slime mold and amoebas. Arguing that such accomplishments in mathematics, a field that is non-physical, could not have originated through physical means, the guys celebrate this evidence for the brilliance of our Creator God and they predict, as of January 18, 2019, that some of these abilities will be found operate using quantum mechanical effects.
* February Update from The Guardian: And now this, Spelling Bees No, But They Can Do Arithmetic!
RSR's Quantum Thoughts:
- 2018: Quantum Biology Pt. 1: Doing what standard chemistry and physics can't
- 2019: QB Pt. 2: Our seemingly impossible sense of smell
- 2019: How Quantum Computers Do It: Finally, a Helpful Explanation
- 2019: Google's Quantum Supremacy
- 2019: Top Mathematicians: Ants & Bees, Mold & Amoebas (this program)
- 2018: Coincidence or Determinism? Quantum theology and physics
- 2015: An RSR preview show
- 2011: Bees Think Faster than a Super Computer!
- 2020: Bob's draft paper rsr.org/wave-particle-duality-is-a-triality.