* 12 Proofs that America is Already Socialist: The following policies and programs that show America is already largely socialist. Ask yourself, for example, "Which of these does the Trump administration oppose?" Consider in 2020 our List of 12 Policies and Programs showing America's Already Largely Socialist.
- The Republican/Romney/Trump pre-existing conditions health coverage commitment
- U.S. welfare program currently supporting 3.5 million people
- Medicaid giving 65 million people government health care
- CHIP giving even more government health care for 6 million minors
- Food stamps by which the government feeds 40 million people
- Supplemental Security government money to 8 million disabled and elderly
- Earned Income Tax Credit which as a tax reduction isn't quite as bad except that more than $10 billion paid to 6 million people, fully a quarter of its payments, are made in error
- Housing assistance for 1.2 million families
- Unemployment insurance which government has no business mandating
- Medicare, unlike Medicaid for people with less money, Medicare is for everyone else
- Social Security, like Medicare, is for almost everyone, so that everybody can pay for everybody with the government taking its share as the middleman.
- Billions of dollars in annual government subsidies to industries.
- Etc., etc., etc. including functions that conservatives, almost all of whom have become liberals, have lost the ability to identify as unjust and socialist in nature, such as public education.
America is overwhelmingly a socialist nation. There are degrees of the implementation of socialist programs and we conservatives understandably like to point to Venezuela but there's also Norway, with most of Europe, as other examples. So a socialist nation is one that implements any of a range of socialist and interventionist policies.
* Socialism 2020 Campaign Style:
* Judas the Patron Saint: Q. Who is the patron saint of all the politicians who become wealthy, like the Bidens, Obamas, and Clintons, out of their concern for helping the poor? A. Judas Iscariot. The disciple of Jesus who would betray Him had asked, "Why was this fragrant oil not sold for and the money given to the poor?" The Apostle John explains:
This he said, not that Judas cared for the poor, but because he was a thief, and had the money box; and he used to take what was put in it. John 12:6
The Clintons went from donating Bill's underwear (literally, they took tax deductions for each pair) to controlling a $2 billion dollar foundation. For like the Bible says about Judas, their patron saint, explicitly, he didn't actually care about the poor but by saying he did he could enrich himself. Cutting yourself in as the middleman when looking out for social justice and the poor turns out to be quite the lucrative con. Judas is the perfect model for socialist politicians. The Bidens and the Obamas have likewise become fabulously wealthy living in mansions the envy of countless millionaires. Judas' behavior describes countless leftists including, not surprisingly, the Vatican's Pope Francis. Of the $55 million donated annually that Catholics put in their "boxes for the poor" in the vestibule at the back of churches globally, it turns out that the Pope uses only 10% of that for the poor and the rest for his own Vatican budget. Wow.
* Obama -- I'm Not TRYING to Redistribute Wealth: Of course not. It comes naturally for him. Even though Obama has called for increased taxes for the "rich" and said that we should "spread the wealth around," he now denies he's trying to redistribute. Pastor Bob references a book on economics he read earlier this year by Ludwig von Mises titled Human Action. Ludwig's book very clearly examines the failures of socialism and why it will always fail over time. Something von Mises was ignorant of, however, is that advocacy of welfare programs, socialism, and/or communism violates God's enduring command, Thou shalt not steal. See also kgov.com/von-mises.
* BEL Anti-Socialism Resources:
- Save Detroit, destroy the Earth
- Prosperity in Peril defending Social Security is sinful
- Faith-based welfare 2002
And other related BEL resources...
- Would you sell your pirated music? on biblical principles against copyright infringement
- More from KGOV on Socialism
- More on the Socialism known as welfare such as the welfare call from Compton
- Jeremiah 21: Socialist programs ignore the wisdom of Broken Windows Policing
(get via Bob's Monthly Bible Studies or Monthly Sermons; ask for Jer. 21 as a bonus)
- Suggest other related BEL resources to Bob@kgov.com.
* Why Does Most of the World Take Sunday Off: Nathanial from Aurora called saying that we're supposed to keep the Sabbath on Saturdays. Bob has debated this subject in the past and, in his book "The Plot," Bob quotes the Bible to explain that God not only changes "the rules" but also forms completely new covenants (contracts) with His people through different dispensations.
Today's Resource: Apparent contradictions plague many Bible students. The Plot demonstrates how hundreds of such contradictions disappear when the reader applies the big picture of the Bible to its details. Tunnel vision focuses so narrowly on a problem that the solution often lies just out of view. As the pastor of Denver Bible Church, Bob Enyart teaches Christians how to use the whole counsel of God to understand the plot of the Bible and solve biblical mysteries.
* Sadly, America is a Socialist Nation: [2020 Update] President Donald Trump on Feb. 5, 2019 said, "America will never be a socialist nation." However, Trump himself is a socialist and our nation is too. For example, during a press conference on Aug. 3, 2020, regarding the possible sale of Chinese company TikTok to Microsoft, a reporter asked President Trump, "On TikTok, you said that you wanted money for the U.S. Treasury from the sale. Does that mean that you expect..." to which Donald Trump replied:
What[ever] the price is, the United States should get a very large percentage of that price. Because we're making it possible. Without us, you know I use the expression, it's like the landlord and the tenant. And without the lease, the tenant doesn't have the value. And we're sort of in a certain way, the lease. We make it possible to have this great success... It would come from the sale. Whatever the number is, it would come from the sale. ... And I think it's very fair.
Reminds us, of course, of Barack Obama saying, "If you got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."
What was Obama's point? The same as Donald Trump's point, even though neither said it directly, although Trump came much closer. "We socialists have every right to take what we can get from the rich, and hey, really, from anybody."
Of course President Trump also has long insisted that health insurance covers diseases the customer had prior to signing up for health insurance. That's socialism and like socialism, is morally bankrupt and financially absurd. It's like telling Geico that they have to pay for the damages from car crashes that occurred before the drivers even came to them for insurance.
And from kgov.com/about: On our Top Twelve Contributions list, there's...
Economics: And the twelfth most important contribution made by Bob Enyart Live (and DBC, the little church that could) is our teaching on economics, on what is money, that advocating welfare is sinful and violates Thou shalt not steal; and on what is justifiable taxation, copyrights, and so forth.
* What Industries are Self-Regulated? With leftist control-freak governing officials in the U.S. occasionally shutting down small kids from making a few bucks on a summer morning, you can't even claim that a neighborhood lemonade stand is self-regulated. On Dec. 20, 2020 we thought to add this list and it's just a stub, not even researched or fact-checked. So regarding additions or deletions, you're invited to email your ideas to Bob@kgov.com.
- Life insurance (the industry's NAIC provides at least most of its regulation)
- Social media