* Obama -- I'm Not TRYING to Redistribute Wealth: Of course not. It comes naturally for him. Even though Obama has called for increased taxes for the "rich" and said that we should "spread the wealth around," he now denies he's trying to redistribute. Pastor Bob references a book on economics he read earlier this year by Ludwig von Mises, "Human Action." Ludwig's book very clearly examines the failures of socialism and why it will always fail over time. Something von Mises was ignorant of, however, is that advocacy of welfare programs, socialism, and/or communism violates God's enduring command, Thou shalt not steal.
* See Also on Socialism: From the BEL programs Save Detroit, Destroy the Earth and Prosperity in Peril learn that even speaking in defense of the Social Security program is sinful and a promotion of socialism. And you may also want to check out, Faith-based Welfare 2002, Welfare Call from Compton, and other related shows.
* Why Does Most of the World Take Sunday Off: Nathanial from Aurora called saying that we're supposed to keep the Sabbath on Saturdays. Bob has debated this subject in the past and, in his book "The Plot," Bob quotes the Bible to explain that God not only changes "the rules" but also forms completely new covenants (contracts) with His people through different dispensations.
Today's Resource: Apparent contradictions plague many Bible students. The Plot demonstrates how hundreds of such contradictions disappear when the reader applies the big picture of the Bible to its details. Tunnel vision focuses so narrowly on a problem that the solution often lies just out of view. As the pastor of Denver Bible Church, Bob Enyart teaches Christians how to use the whole counsel of God to understand the plot of the Bible and solve biblical mysteries.
* Sadly, America is a Socialist Nation: [2019 Update] President Donald Trump on Feb. 5, 2019 said, "America will never be a socialist nation." Sadly, it already is. For example, there's...
- our welfare program that 3.5 million people are on
- Medicaid with 65 million people on that for health care
- CHIP which is even more Medicaid for 6 million minors
- Food stamps for more than 40 million people
- Supplemental Security money to 8 million disabled and elderly
- Earned Income Tax Credit which as a tax reduction isn't quite as bad except that a quarter of its payments are made in error
- Housing assistance for 1.2 million apartments
- Unemployment insurance which government has no business mandating
- The Republican/Romney/Trump pre-existing conditions coverage
- Medicare, unlike Medicaid for people with less money, Medicare is for everyone else
- Social Security, like Medicare, is for almost everyone, so that everybody can pay for everybody with the government taking its share as the middleman.
- Etc., etc., etc.
America is overwhelmingly a socialist nation. There are degrees of the implementation of socialist programs and we conservatives understandably like to point to Venezuela but there's also Norway, with most of Europe, as other examples. So a socialist nation is one that implements any of a range of socialist and interventionist policies.
And from kgov.com/about: On our Top Twelve Contributions list, there's...
Economics: And the twelfth most important contribution made by Bob Enyart Live (and DBC, the little church that could) is our teaching on economics, on what is money, that advocating welfare is sinful and violates Thou shalt not steal; and on what is justifiable taxation, copyrights, and so forth.