* What’s Sheriff Joe Pedaling? When Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio noticed his prisoners were getting a bit chunky as they lay around their tents watching TV; he leapt to action, instituting “Pedal-Vision”. Certainly a better use of energy than had existed before, but Bob suggests an even better application.
* A Glass Half Empty:The former Great Britain announced this week a 50% tax on what they formerly called “high earners”. Ensuring the flight of high earners from their blessed plot, and that everyone in the realm will start losing some weight soon enough…
* California Dreamin’: When the Golden States promised golden parachutes for retired state workers a generation ago conservatives sounded a warning that socialism is not only theft, but unsustainable. But the state employees, in their fallen and gullible state, accepted the promise of thieves (not unlike the rest of society had done for years regarding Social Security, Medicare, et al. Now that the bill is coming due California is stuck with a $5B (and growing) liability. Is there a godly solution?
* Married to It:The US Census Bureau is determined to count America’s homosexual couples and the sodomites couldn’t be gayer about it. And that’s to be expected… the sad thing is that our conservative, pro-family leadership continue to miss the point about why it’s wrong, and why pronouncements in the 90’s from Focus on the Family, et al. supporting “equal rights for gays” destroyed the social barrier protecting marriage. So where do we draw the line now? Shall we all fight against homosexual dental benefits?
* Personhood is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Will you be one who fights to end the systematic dehumanization and murder of an entire class of citizen? If you live in any state in America, you can advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways. If you live in Colorado join by calling or e-mailing Personhood Colorado or Colorado Right to Life.
* Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!