* KGOV Programs about this Homosexual Child-Molesting Priest: Here are the programs we've produced here at KGOV.com about Donna Ballentine's cousin and Denver's homosexual child-molesting priest Neil Hewitt who destroyed her cousin when he was a young boy:
- 2002: Denver Roman Catholic Priest Neil Hewitt Molests Altar Boy
- 2004: The Victim of Homosexual Catholic Priest Father Neil Hewitt (this program)
- 2004: Priest Molestation Case Update 1
- 2004: Priest Molestation Case Update 2
- 2008: Pedophiles, Priests, & Privacy in which we quote from the sister's letter and the Archbishop's reply.
- 2017: Another Victim of Fr. Neil Hewitt, in studio here at KGOV
- 2019: Denver Priest Molestation Scandal Breaks Wide Open 5/20/19
* Hewitt Victims and Witnesses List
Leadville Victims of Fr. Neil Hewitt
John ________ (pseudonym)
_____ _______ (client of a Colorado atty)
Denver Victims of Fr. Neil Hewitt
Other Suspected Leadville Victims
Alex (committed suicide; family member said a Leadville priest had molested Alex)
Jerry (rumored to have committed suicide)
Other Suspected Denver Victim
Tom ________ (Montreal, 1967)
Witnesses (in addition to the nine victims and suspected victims)
_______ _______ (later a Denver halfway house resident)
Sam ________ (pseudonym)
Sean ________ (pseudonym)
Karl ________ (pseudonym)
Reservoir Boy #1
Reservoir Boy #2
* The Question the Archdiocese Refuses to Answer: "Had there been accusations against Fr. Neil Hewitt before the Denver Archdiocese moved him up into the mountains in Leadville, Colorado?"
Donna Ballentine and Bob Enyart met with archdiocese officials to ask a single question. "Had there been accusations against Fr. Neil Hewitt before the Denver Archdiocese moved him up into the mountains in Leadville, Colorado?" If the archdiocese had heard no previous accusations, and if they had been no previous knowledge of any child molestation or similar morally compromised behavior with boys, then they would be without guilt for moving him to the Annunciation mountain parish. (When Stuart was hurt, the Annunciation Church directly reported to the Denver Archdiocese and in 1988 it was transferred to the Colorado Springs diocese, which itself is part of Denver's ecclesiastical province.) If, however, Denver Roman Catholic officials did what many other dioceses have done, and knowingly moved a sexual predator to another parish, then they bear great responsibility for the harm done to the families of Leadville (a number of whom we are in contact with). The archdiocese answered Bob and Donna, "We are sorry but we can only discuss these kinds of matters with immediate family members." (Stuart and his mother and father were dead, he had no children, and his younger siblings had moved away from Leadville.) So we flew Stuart's sister, Donna's other cousin Sylvia from her home in Utah to Denver and made another appointment at the Archdiocese. There in person, Sylvia asked, "Had there been accusations against Fr. Neil Hewitt before the Denver Archdiocese moved him up into the mountains in Leadville, Colorado?" The Denver Catholic authorities answered her, "We are sorry but we cannot discuss personnel matters." We intend to post on this page the first names of other victims of Fr. Hewitt and the names of contemporaneous witnesses to some of his harmful behavior toward children. Today's interviewee, Michael from Florida, has announced that he desires justice and is willing to take legal action against the archdiocese. Meanwhile, Sylvia has moved back to Colorado and she has been speaking with her cousin regarding the crimes committed against her brother and the archdiocese refusal to answer the family's one question.
* Would You Like to Help? Some people who don't currently have the finances to donate to a ministry take advantage of other opportunities to help out. At BEL, we have various ways that folks could volunteer! For example, today's program lacks a written show summary. So if you 'd like to provide one, please email your summary to Bob@kgov.com. Thanks for considerting this!