* CBS4, Bob, and the Abortion Billboard: The Drudge Report links to Denver's CBS4 segment on an abortion billboard which contains Bob Enyart's blunt rebuke of the child killers.
Then Bob discusses the 9News report on the Denver archdiocese priest Neil Hewitt who has just now admitted molesting "8, maybe 9" boys. After the 17 years during which BEL has been pushing for a resolution (whereas the archdiocese has not apologized for stonewalling families) we are deeply grateful for Hewitt's contrition. Now he should be charged. See our Hewitt timeline below.
BEL quoted this Week by Denver's ABC News 7: On the current pro-life regulations:
"None of today's abortion 'bans' are bans. Like Roe v. Wade, they're all child-killing regulations. Abortion is wrong because it's a baby, and it's always wrong to intentionally kill a baby, and that's because children are made in God's image and God said, 'Do not kill the innocent,'" said Bob Enyart, the spokesman for the Colorado Right To Life group.
Enyart said Colorado Right to Life doesn’t support efforts to restrict abortions but to abolish abortions altogether.
800,000 Views on our Popular YouTube Video: Finally, Bob airs some of the soundtrack of a popular YouTube dinosaur soft tissue video featuring him, some friends, and others. Hopefully this video's 800,000 views will encourage friends of BEL to take advantage of youtube.com/user/BobEnyartLive and to Tweet, post, and share some of the important videos there!
See also bflist.rsr.org.
2019 Update: Former Catholic priest Neil Hewitt has admitted to and apologized for molesting "8,maybe 9" boys. See this on Kevin Vaughan's investigative report on 9News, May 20 & 21, 2019. Now the Denver archdiocese should apologize for long stonewalling family members of victims.
* KGOV Programs about this Homosexual Child-Molesting Priest: Here are the programs we've produced here at KGOV.com about Donna Ballentine's cousin and Denver's homosexual child-molesting priest Neil Hewitt who destroyed her cousin when he was a young boy:
- 2002: Denver Roman Catholic Priest Neil Hewitt Molests Altar Boy
- 2004: The Victim of Homosexual Catholic Priest Father Neil Hewitt (this program)
- 2004: Priest Molestation Case Update 1
- 2004: Priest Molestation Case Update 2
- 2008: Pedophiles, Priests, & Privacy in which we quote from the sister's letter and the Archbishop's reply.
- 2017: Another Victim, Michael Smilanic, of Fr. Neil Hewitt, in studio here at KGOV
- 2019: Denver Priest Molestation Scandal Breaks Wide Open 5/20/19
- 2019 Enyart discusses Hewitt's confession and apology that aired on 9News (today's show)
* Hewitt Victims and Witnesses List
Leadville Victims of Fr. Neil Hewitt
John ________ (pseudonym)
_____ _______ (client of a Colorado atty)
Denver Victims of Fr. Neil Hewitt
Michael Smilanic (hear Michael in 2017, above, and in 2019 on 9News)
Other Suspected Leadville Victims
Alex (committed suicide; family member said a Leadville priest had molested Alex)
Jerry (rumored to have committed suicide)
Other Suspected Denver Victim
Tom ________ (Montreal, 1967)
Witnesses (in addition to the nine victims and suspected victims)
_______ _______ (later a Denver halfway house resident)
Sam ________ (pseudonym)
Sean ________ (pseudonym)
Karl ________ (pseudonym)
Reservoir Boy #1 Peter Coulter (name from 9News)
Reservoir Boy #2
* The Question the Archdiocese Refuses to Answer: "Had there been accusations against Fr. Neil Hewitt before the Denver Archdiocese moved him up into the mountains in Leadville, Colorado?"
Donna Ballentine and Bob Enyart met with archdiocese officials to ask a single question. "Had there been accusations against Fr. Neil Hewitt before the Denver Archdiocese moved him up into the mountains in Leadville, Colorado?" If the archdiocese had heard no previous accusations, and if they had been no previous knowledge of any child molestation or similar morally compromised behavior with boys, then they would be without guilt for moving him to the Annunciation mountain parish. (When Stuart was hurt, the Annunciation Church directly reported to the Denver Archdiocese and in 1988 it was transferred to the Colorado Springs diocese, which itself is part of Denver's ecclesiastical province.) If, however, Denver Roman Catholic officials did what many other dioceses have done, and knowingly moved a sexual predator to another parish, then they bear great responsibility for the harm done to the families of Leadville (a number of whom we are in contact with). The archdiocese answered Bob and Donna, "We are sorry but we can only discuss these kinds of matters with immediate family members." (Stuart and his mother and father were dead, he had no children, and his younger siblings had moved away from Leadville.) So we flew Stuart's sister, Donna's other cousin Sylvia from her home in Utah to Denver and made another appointment at the Archdiocese. There in person, Sylvia asked, "Had there been accusations against Fr. Neil Hewitt before the Denver Archdiocese moved him up into the mountains in Leadville, Colorado?" The Denver Catholic authorities answered her, "We are sorry but we cannot discuss personnel matters." We intend to post on this page the first names of other victims of Fr. Hewitt and the names of contemporaneous witnesses to some of his harmful behavior toward children. Today's interviewee, Michael from Florida, has announced that he desires justice and is willing to take legal action against the archdiocese. Meanwhile, Sylvia has moved back to Colorado and she has been speaking with her cousin regarding the crimes committed against her brother and the archdiocese refusal to answer the family's one question.