2019 Update: Atheists and other old-earthers have said a thousand times over, "There's no evidence for the global flood." (This is not unlike physicist Lawrence Krauss telling RSR, "All evidence overwhelmingly supports the big bang." See that at rsr.org/bb.) So Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams proceed then to do the seemingly impossible. The guys share this list of scientific evidence for the global flood and reference this page as rsr.org/flood-evidence.
* Flood Evidence for Materialists and for Christians: Some of the scientific observations that corroborate the historical record of the global flood of Noah's day:
Evidence for Materialists
- An average of more than a mile deep of sedimentary layers on the continents
- Billions of dead things (i.e., fossils) laid down by water in strata all over the Earth
- A documented extinction event that destroyed 90% of all the species that lived in the oceans (multicellular)
- A documented genetic bottleneck for man and 90% of all animals far more recent than a million years ago
- While NASA presumes there may have been a global or near global flood on virtually bone-dry Mars, secularists ignore the sufficient water in our own two-mile deep oceans which could easily cover the Earth (with lower pre-flood mountains)
- All major mountain ranges have marine fossils atop them (including on Everest, the Rockies, even whales high in the Andes, etc., and excepting volcanoes of course) of fish, clams, marine mammals, sea lilies, etc.
- The general pattern of fossil progression (see below) matches flood burial from the Precambrian layer's seabed bottom-dwelling creatures like trilobites up through the Jurassic and higher layer birds
- Dinosaur soft tissue still exists preserving T. rex blood cells, blood vessels, and a dozen proteins from a dozen different kinds of dinosaurs and countless other organisms
- Carbon 14 everywhere it's not supposed to be, with significant amounts of short-lived 14c, in quantities far above the least count (margin of error) of our state-of-the-art AMS equipment (accelerator mass spectrometry) being consistently measured in diamonds, marble, mosasaur, fossilized wood, natural gas, coal, oil, and dinosaur fossils (with the claimed bacterial contamination, according to the journal Nature Communications, getting its carbon 14 strictly from the bone)
- There's mostly left-handed amino acids in partially fossilized organisms (not yet decayed to a 50/50 right-to-left ratio), for example, in chert and dinosaur eggshells, and undoubtedly, throughout the fossil record! (Hey, that's another rsr.org/prediction!) So, the three-fold argument is incredibly powerful, dinosaur soft tissue, with mostly left-handed amino acids, loaded with short-lived carbon 14
- If worldwide recollection of the flood were absent materialists would use that as evidence against the deluge, but actually, anthropologists have cataloged hundreds of cultures with an ancient corporate recollection of the flood
- Extent of stratigraphic layers of regional and continental scope
- As exposed in the Grand Canyon, boundaries between sedimentary strata characteristically show no evidence of what should be millions of years of relentless erosion but are instead flat gaps.
- Limestone deposits would poison the Earth with CO2 unless the fountains of the great deep brought up those minerals
- Massive submarine canyons with near vertical walls some as deep as five kilometers
- Past geologic catastrophism caused by "off the charts" energy levels (dwarfing modern phenomenon)
- Many recent studies contradict Out-of-Africa and the misguided human evolution story and instead support the post-flood Out-of-Babel origin of civilization
- DNA studies show a genetic bottleneck highlighting the three "Daughters" of Noah
- Mitochondrial migration studies strongly indicate a single radiation of human beings across the Earth into unpopulated territories
- Only a couple hundred generations were necessary to produce humanity's genetic diversity, as per various studies including in the journal Nature regarding protein-coding variants
- The nearside of the Moon has been beat up far worse than the farside, being beat up by the debris that was ejected from the fountains of the great deep
- Comets, asteroids, and meteoroids (with diamonds in them, etc.) are made up of material that's common on earth but very hard to explain their origins out in space, and especially in the outer solar system; so meteoroids are not from the Moon and Mars, they're from Earth, and they're just coming home (including the Earth's "oldest" rock, found on the Moon and the thousands of large rounded boulders in comets, like 67P)
- The many published scientific reports of apparent biological material in space
- The world's crops originated near Mt. Ararat as per a 2004 paper in the journal Science, "The wild ancestors of the seven ‘founder crops’ harvested by the world’s first farmers have all been traced to the region of southeastern Turkey..." And see the 2000 Cradle of Agriculture also in Science.
- Anthropology documents worldwide recognition of matters as diverse as marriage, the seven day week, a global flood, and ritual divine appeasement often by animal sacrifice, along with lesser but also widespread practices such as measuring with a cubit and accounts of dragons. Such a global culture is evidence for a population bottleneck.
- Flood advocates are able to make stunning scientific predictions, contrary to the expectations of those who reject the flood (as at rsr.org/predictions)
- etc. (Email suggestions to Bob@rsr.org!)
Evidence for Christians
- Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew and in the Gospel of Luke affirmed the global flood (enough said, but we'll continue anyway for those who are especially sceptical)
- The New Testament repeatedly speaks of the global flood and only in ways consistent with its historicity. Jesus, Peter, and the author of Hebrews all mention Noah by name, with Peter in both his epistles reminding us that only "eight people" survived the flood
- Every New Testament author refers to at least one of the first eleven chapters of Genesis
- Jesus referred to each of the first seven chapters, affirming the literal truth of Genesis
- Genesis explicitly describes a global flood (enough said) which drowned all but eight humans, covered the tops of the mountains, required the building of a massive ark to save a breeding pair of all birds (unnecessary in a local flood) and every kind of land animal; Moses uses the word "all" many times for all the mountains under heaven covered, all flesh died, all living things were destroyed from the earth, etc.
- God created a perfect world so the Flood explains dangers that The Fall alone does not explain, such as storms, meteors, asteroids, comets, Earth's radioactivity, earthquakes and volcanoes
- While at Babel God confused the languages, the consequences of the flood confused the calendars and spoiled the initially-perfect 30-day lunar month and 360-day year
- Anthropologists have documented more than 200 tribal, ethnic, and national recollections of an ancient flood
- The world's crops originated near Mt. Ararat as Science reported, that the "ancestors of the seven ‘founder crops’ harvested by the world’s first farmers have all been traced to the region of southeastern Turkey..."
- The Table of Nations in Genesis 10, unique in the annals of the world, documents the origins of the major people groups and even some of the nations of the world as descending from Noah's three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japeth
- All of the physical evidence for materialists, just above.
* The Hydroplate Theory Special: You may want to purchase this set of resources if...
1) You'd like to read the best creation book ever written and watch its accompanying videos
2) You like Real Science Radio and want to help it stay on the air
3) You'd like to give the gift of understanding creation and the flood to someone who could really benefit from it.
* Check Out RSR's Latest Science Video: With this video Real Science Radio moves from the Earth up into space....
* Evidence for Creationists for the Fountains (HPT) Flood Model: See rsr.org/hpt.
- The perfect cosmos now has cratered Mercury, Earth, Moon, and Mars
- The near side of the Moon is pummeled (maria) compared to the mostly sprinkled far side
- One of the largest solar system craters is our own Moon's South Pole-Aitken Basin
- Space debris (micrometeorites, etc.) thins out as one travels from Earth to the asteroid belt
- The perfect firmament (Earth's crust) now is loaded with dangerous radioactivity
- The perfect firmament is now globally cracked by the 40k-mile long mid-oceanic ridge
- The mile-deep sediments that blanket the continents had to be eroded from below
- Regional geothermal heat correlates with each areas' (minimal) radioactivity
- Super deep earthquake epicenters occur at such depths that they stun geologists
- Earthquake depths have a bimodal cluster at 20 and 370 miles deep
- Few earthquakes occur at 220 miles deep because of the "crossover depth"
- Major but temporary dust clouds are held in space in Earth's Lagrange points
- The perfect cosmos now has dangerous meteors (bullets) flying around
- The perfect cosmos now has dangerous asteroids and comets flying around
- The perfect (solid) Earth now has a destabilizing molten outer core
- Apollo astronauts retrieved lunar rocks that were radioactive
- The "oldest" Earth rock found on the moon1 :) 1/24/19 in E&PSL
- Lunar soil isotopes match Earth's but don't match the solar wind nor lunar rocks
- The consistent uranium isotope ratio indicates U235 and U238 decayed from a parent element
- Etc. Part Two of Walt Brown's book ITB is filled with HPT-specific evidence. Please feel free to send along your favorite example to Bob@rsr.org.
* General Pattern of Fossil Progression Matches Flood Burial: The general pattern of fossil progression is not that of an evolutionary development, as evidence by examples like the lack of backbone evolution, the whale "intermediaries" catastrophe, the missing transitionals, etc. Rather, the global pattern of buried fossils follows that of a flood burying creatures in the order of their vulnerability based on their own mobility and their habitat, from riverbeds, lakebeds, and seabeds, to the highlands. Initially, in small region by small region in what we call...
- Precambrian layers, the lower-terrain bottom-dwelling worms, algae, bacteria, trilobites, etc., suffocated when the Flood disturbed their habitat. Then, the in-rushing floodwater sediments buried the...
- Paleozoic Cambrian layer's bottom-dwelling hallucigenia, wiwaxia, etc., and they're somewhat more mobile trilobites, canadaspis, crustaceans and other arthropods including shrimp and lobseters, horseshoe crabs and scorpions. The...
- Paleozoic Ordovician to Devonian to Permian layers hold the vast cemeteries of the fishes with the Devonian layers revealing the first horestail wetlands plants and liverworts (which also grew on wet rocks). And rising through the strata layers, the turbulence and sediment finally overcame the stronger rays and sharks. Then the...
- Mesozoic Triassic layers saw the marine depopulation of the "Permian" extinction during which 90% of marine creatures died in a "relatively" short timeperiod, along with beginning burial of the ichthyosaurs, the weaker plesiosaurs, and the smaller mammals...
- Mesozoic Jurassic and Cretaceous layers buried the stronger swimmers like dolphins and mosasaurs, and the amphibians like toads and frogs that lived near low-lying shorelines. As sediments began to cover habitats of increasing elevation, flowering plants and grasses were buried, and a hierarchy of animals with increasing ability to flee such as reptiles, including the dinosaurs, and the mammals. (Remember, 434 mammal species have been excavated from dinosaur layers and, obviously, at least some mammals ate dinosaurs.) Birds of course, generally speaking, averted the floodwaters better than most other creatures.
- RSR Prediction: Remembering that by liquefaction, dead organisms were to some degree sorted even after burial in wet sediments, regardless, and without searching the literature, RSR "predicted" on March 24, 2019 that:
- fossil eggs will be found somewhat lower in strata than their hatched siblings; and that
- a similar flood burial pattern as above would emerge, generally, for insects, with crawlers buried in lower strata and flying insects higher.
* RSR's Multiple Creation Site Search: Have you used our powerful and time-saving new Google-based search tool? Try RSR's Multiple Creation Site Search! We LOVE using this brand new tool, and it's already saved us hours of work finding the answers to our science and origins questions! (If you're ever looking for this link, we keep it handy, atop rsr.org.)