* Conclusion of RSR's Exodus List Shows: Bob Enyart and Fred Williams conclude their series on the evidence for Israel's Exodus. Much of the evidence in this list was presented by Timothy Mahoney in his fabulous film Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus which the guys highly recommend (and sell at store.kgov.com). Bob and Fred end their series highlighting the work of Brad Sparks who organized a recent scholarly Exodus Conference at the University of California, San Diego.
* Brad C. Sparks Exodus Parallels: See Brad Sparks presentation at the scholarly 2013 Exodus Conference at the University of California San Diego documenting ancient Egyptian writings which parallel details of the Exodus, and that according to the scholars who translated the hieroglyphics and first published these significant historical records.
* Parts 1 – 8 and the Written List: The latest in our RSR Lists Shows, we've presented the Evidence for the Exodus over eight programs...
- Part 1 and the list both at rsr.org/exodus
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- Part 5
- Part 6 Ipuwer 1
- Part 7 Ipuwer 2
- Part 8 (this program).
* Get Patterns from RSR's Store: RSR previously interviewed filmmaker Timothy Mahoney on his fabulous Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus which is available everywhere including at our KGOV Store and at patternsofevidence.com.
* Bible: Don't Worship the Sun, Moon, and Stars, Because They're NOT Gods: In the Old Kingdom of ancient Egypt, one of their foremost deities was Amun, who later merged with Ra to become Amun-Ra the sun god. Initially, Amun was the invisible God who then merged into the Theban trinity (Triad) with Egypt's mother and Moon gods. Much of the ancient world worshipped the Sun and the Moon and the heavenly hosts. Meanwhile, the Bible was correct on this point, starting from its first page saying that the Sun is a light. Also, the last book of Moses, Deuteronomy, warns the Israelites to, "take heed, lest you lift your eyes to heaven, and when you see the sun, the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven, you feel driven to worship them..." Asked about this by Bob Enyart, an editor with Scientific American and founder of the Skeptic Society, Michael Shermer, in a now infamous 73-second excerpt, denied that the Bible is correct where it states that the sun should not be worshipped because it's not a god but rather, that the sun is a light. Illustrating the difficulty in debating atheists because of their hesitancy to admit to even the most obvious common ground, Shermer famously replied that the sun is not light! Hear the entire program and see this transcribed at rsr.org/michael-shermer-denies-that-the-sun-is-a-light.