* Historical Evidence for the Exodus: Bob Enyart and Fred Williams continue their series on the evidence for the Exodus and they conclude a two-show mini-series on Ipuwer's papyrus which records the observations of an eyewitness to the ten plagues, the destruction of the nation, and the transfer of wealth from the rich to the slaves of Egypt. Forty times in the eight pages of the English translation Ipuwer repeats that the servants of the land now have the riches of the wealthy! The scribe describes nothing like a civil war and only blames one person for the calamity. As excerpted at rsr.org/exodus#ipuwer only once ascribes blame, and that was to the one who poured out water on the ground, when the river became blood:
Ipuwer: "Behold, Egypt is fallen to the pouring of water; and he who poured water [mocking the Nile god Hapi] on the ground, seizes the mighty in misery. ... The river is blood."
Exodus: "...you shall take water from the river and pour it on the dry land. The water which you take from the river will become blood" (Ex. 4:9). "And all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood" (Ex. 7:20).
These and other particulars, including especially the theme of the servants gaining is explicitly testifies to that same extraordinary happening as recorded in Moses' Exodus and prophesied by God in Genesis!
* Today's Resources: All available from our store.kgov.com, the guys recommend:
- Mahoney's stunningly beautiful Patterns of Evidence
- Enyart's Mount Moriah: Evidence for the Resurrection
- and Bob's Bible Tour of Israel.
Our BEL videos are far (far, far, far :) ) from the production quality of Tim's superb work. But like his Patterns, they too are chock full of important and fascinating information corroborating the historicity of the Scriptures!