* Hydroplate Expert Kevin Lea Talks about Comets: God did not create the Earth with comets and asteroids aimed at it. So what brought about this danger? In a special edition of Real Science Radio, Bob Enyart and Kevin Lea, a Washington state pastor with a background in nuclear physics, talk about comets: their size, speed, orbits, composition, and lifespan, and origin! They discuss the short lifespans of comets, their composition and orbits, all of which show that comets originated from Earth. The Bible records that the fountains of the great deep broke forth and flooded the Earth and, as it turns out, launched comets into space! Yes, every single comet came from Earth. Check out Walt Brown's fabulous chapter on The Origin of Comets! Hear also the conclusion of this fascinating discussion in RSR: Comets II.
2013 Update 1: See this fun affirmation of Walt Brown's comet theory, in David Mathisen's comet in the asteroid belt blog.
2013 Update 2: For more evidence for the Hydroplate Theory and its origin of comets explanation, see Comet ISON is Comet 1680 returned.
2014 Update 1: Hubble telescope photographed the "mysterious" breakup of an asteroid. This is not a mystery but instead is expected by students of the hydroplate theory, as explained in Kevin Lea's note below.
2014 Update 2: Asteroid trio gives Earth a close shave (from a triple-blade razor :).
2014 Update 3: In related news, see Pastor Lea's letter to Vladimir Putin regarding Pastor Saeed Abedini unjustly held in an Iranian prison.
2014 Update 4: Cosmonauts find sea plankton on the outside of the International Space Station!
2015 Update: Another confirmed creationist prediction (see just below) this one regarding comets comprised of rounded rocks.
2017 Update: Yet another "twin asteroid", this one 65803 Didymos, in the news!
* Another Confirmed Prediction from Creationist Walt Brown: Regarding the confirmation of yet another astounding science prediction, in January 2015, Bob Enyart interviews Dr. Walt Brown, author of the hydroplate theory explanation of the global flood and the many resulting broken features of our Earth and solar system. The European Space Agency has just released high-resolution images of Comet 67P along with the assessment of their scientists that they may have found unexpectedly large rounded boulders (up to 10-feet in diameter) that may be the comet's building blocks! This interview presents this latest discovery which, though it has shocked so many secular astronomers, has confirmed Walt Brown's specific prediction, published 13 years ago in the 7th Edition of his book In the Beginning, about the composition of comets. See more at rsr.org/predictions.
* Landslide Filmed on Comet 67P: In a related story and now added to our RSR's List of the Solar System's Transient Events, the European Space Agency has filmed an actual landslide on Comet 67P. Just like every planet and all the other kinds of bodies in the solar system, this allegedly four billion year-old flying pile of rounded boulders produces transient events, that is, passing phenomena, like 67P's landslide and outgassing oxygen, that would be unexpected to see on billion-year-old objects. As for this landslide, of course stable cliffs are not easily built with rounded boulders, so happening to film a landslide as it happens is not shocking, as it is to old-earthers, but expected, as it is to students of the hydroplate theory!
* RSR's ASTEROID LIST: This list is the beginning of our rsr.org/asteroids resources:
- Asteroids are not from an exploded planet as you can learn over at RSR's Asteroid challenges naturalism, supports Walt Brown
- With the solar system's many transient events, Hubble photographed what is to secularists a "mysterious" breakup of an asteroid
- We issued our rsr.org/asteroid-prediction in spite of the many asteroids that are known to have moons and the extraordinarily difficult physics of capturing a moon, yet with all that Kevin Lea and Bob Enyart still predicted that astronomers will continue to be surprised at the increasing number of asteroids found with moons. (See also rsr.org/predictions.)
- For why many asteroids have moons, see RSR's Asteroid and Meteoroid a Coincidence? and Yet Another Asteroid with Moon
- For how many asteroids have moons, check out the Johnston Archive which as of March 25, 2017 lists 300 asteroids (and TNOs) including 286 binaries, 13 triples, and one sextuple (Pluto) for a total of 317 physic-challenging companions! (Personal note to Wm. Robert Johnston: Before you reject our information out-of-hand Dr. Johnston, you owe it to yourself to peruse our rsr.org/solar-system-formation-problems and rsr.org/bb pages.)
- Check out our friend David Mathisen's HPT-based comet in the asteroid belt blog post.
- For more on asteroids with moons, see also this nearby asteroid trio.
- And how about those peanut-shaped asteroids? :) Well, just check out...
* RSR's List of Peanut-Shaped Asteroids: What's with all the peanut-shaped asteroids? In an old-earth scenario by the secular nebular hypothesis and by the laws of physics (see below), these "contact binary asteroids" should hardly even exist. But they do. And they're common! Some of the peanutroids, as RSR calls them, are:
- 2015 BN509,
- 2006 DP14,
- 1999 JD6,
- 4179 Toutatis,
- 433 Eros and for good measure,
- 32-A Hector elucidated by Hawaii's Keck Telescope which is a peanut-shaped asteroid with a moon! (If you know of others, please feel free to help us grow this list by emailing Bob@rsr.org. Thanks!)
- In 2017, 2014 JO25 was discovered to be a peanut-shaped (i.e., a contact binary, with two connected lobes) asteroid!
* NASA Admits Peanuts Are Mysteries: A NASA mission scientist and member of their Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Donald Yeomans, explained why Itokawa and peanut-shaped asteroids generally contradict the physics-based expectations of old-earth scientists.
It's a major mystery how two objects each the size of skyscrapers could collide without blowing each other to smithereens. This is especially puzzling in a region of the solar system where gravitational forces would normally involve collision speeds of 2 km/sec [4,500 miles per hour].
* Yet 10% of Close-Up Asteroids Are Peanuts: To multiply this peanut evidence against secular expectations, according to old-earth astronomer Dr. Al Grauer with Travelers in the Night, data from the Goldstone Solar System Radar telescope and the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico suggests that of near-earth travelers larger than 650 feet in diameter, more than 10% of these asteroids have a peanut shape. (And by the way, so was Arthur C. Clarke's fictional asteroid Kali and so are the very real nuclei of 19P/Borrelly and 103P/Hartely and Halley's Comet.) Remember, all scientists work for Walt Brown!
* Peanut Asteroid Craters? Would peanut-shaped asteroid impacts form circular craters? Or might their craters be somewhat deformed? National Geographic published a list of the ten biggest known impacts on Earth. Do any of them appear to have been caused by a peanutroid? With perhaps just over ten percent of the larger near-earth asteroids being peanut shaped, that alone might suggest why we may never have been hit with a peanut-shaped asteroid. Or, might an understanding of the origin of asteroids (and of comets, meteoroids, and TNOs) help to explain why it would be even less than statistically likely that we would get hit by a dually than by a unary impactor?
* Published on Nov. 18, 2016, RSR's Fountains of MAGMA (?) YouTube Video: This video ends with Kevin Lea's science experiment demonstrating the effect of increasing pressure on buoyancy (including therefore, on magma)! Toward the end of this video, a notice points viewers to this page and to the video embedded just below this one:
* Thanks to an RSR Volunteer: RSR thanks one of our volunteer researchers for transcribing the JPG image of John Buchanan's 1905 Letter to the Editor. The image and transcription of the insightful, anti-evolution letter are over at rsr.org/john-buchanan.
* Today's Resources: Check out RSR's Global Flood & Hydroplate Theory video (on DVD, Blu-ray, or download). And you can enjoy the 6-disc standard audio CD set The Hydroplate Theory & Dr. Walt Brown on the Air or get the entire set on a single MP3 CD, both of which contain eleven radio programs. Bob Enyart also highly recommends Dr. Walt Brown's fabulous book, In the Beginning! Order by clicking the link, or calling us at 800-8Enyart (800 836-9278)!
* Another Great Resource: You can help us stay on the air by purchasing the Real Science Radio Collection, a handy set of MP3 CDs with all of our shows from 2006 to 2011. Also, you can enjoy Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! And please check out our other great BEL subscription services!
This March 6, 2014 observation of a disintegrating asteroid is surprising to NASA scientists but not to Dr. Walt Brown, the author of the Hydroplate Theory explanation for the flood of Noah.
...the evidence we have pertaining to asteroids and comets supports Dr. Brown’s theory that they originated from the earth. You can search for: origin of asteroids and find that Google ranks Dr. Brown’s theory as the #1 hit (at creationscience.com) out of millions.
The hydroplate theory explains that before and during the flood of Noah, tidal effects caused the temperature and pressure of water under the earth's crust (subterranean water) to increase. The crust eventually ruptured, allowing the now supercritical water and associated rock debris to jettison into space, some at velocities sufficient to escape earth's gravity. Dr. Brown shows further how some of this water and debris coalesced to become comets and other debris formed into asteroids.
Brown’s theory predicts that most asteroids are actually rock piles held together by gravity and ice. If the rock pile is perturbed in a way that exposes the underlying ice to the vacuum of space, it will begin to sublimate and create a thrust vector that in some cases could accelerate chunks of rock sufficiently to overcome the weak gravitational attraction, resulting in the asteroid flying apart as the Hubble telescope has observed. The resultant pieces are now miniature comets for reasons explained in Dr. Brown’s book. In the Beginning is available as a full-color hardback and can be read online. See also his Asteroids and Comets chapters, and you can get a PDF of this note at calvarypo.org/HANDS/1150.pdf.
* Another Image of the Boulders on Comet 67P:
* Other Great Kevin Lea Shows on RSR: Kevin Lea is a hydroplate expert and the pastor of Calvary Church of Port Orchard, Washington. Enjoy our Real Science Radio interviews with Kevin on:
- frozen mammoths (note, not "woolly")
- liquefaction, and
- the 365-day year (and see our 360dayyear.com website).
* God's Design of the Storehouses of the Great Deep: For a million species, as a contingency for the Fall, from the start God designed the robust survival capabilities that organisms would need to thrive on Earth after it lost its initial perfection. The Bible teaches that the rebellion did not only break mankind, but that it broke even the cosmos itself. God also designed the Earth with waters reserved for judgment as a contingency, that would perhaps be automatically activated, in the case of mankind's rebellion. That contingency planning may have included a goal that went further, distance-wise, than just the terrestrial judgment of mankind. An additional design goal of God's work on Days 1, 2 and 3 of creation may have been to ensure that if man's sin spoiled the perfection of creation, that this same corruption would be manifest throughout the cosmos. Thus, by God's original design of the Earth, the Fall and the resultant eviction from the Garden may have led inexorably to the Flood. And then, by the destructive force of the fountains of the great deep, the damaging of the solar system itself (including the impactors that marred the Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars), may have resulted from God's intentional contingency planning in the original design of the Earth.
* Gravity Homeschool Science Experiment: For older children, from Ellen McHenry's Hydroplate Theory for Kids, check out How Gravity Works in Outer Space to help students understand the formation in space of asteroids and comets from debris ejected from earth.