A Christian Answer to Euthyphro's Dilemma: In a dialogue of Socrates with Euthyphro, a state's attorney heading to court in Athens to prosecute his own father, the Greek philosopher Plato reports an apparent dilemma for those who believe in God. Atheists argue that Euthyphro's Dilemma (see the full dialogue) shows that moral absolutes cannot logically flow from a divine being. As presented to the Christian: 1) Is something (like humility) good because God recognizes it as good? Or, 2) Is something good because God commands that it is good? (Then Thou Shall Nots could have been Thou Shalls)
You've heard that all sins are equal, right? Well, here's a simple Bible quiz that should settle the matter. Remember that Jesus answered Pilate saying, "the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin." Just follow the simple instructions. No one who takes this quiz will be fooled again on this important matter...
* Can You Know a House Had a Builder? Creation organizations attempt to diminish "historical" science as compared to "observational" science. That claim, at odds with the overwhelming success of forensic science, comes awfully close to the false materialist claim that you can only really know what your five senses tell you. Question: Can you have a certainty that a house had a builder, even if you did not see your home being built? Yes. For, if you cannot trust your mind to ascertain many things that absolutely have happened in the past, then neither could you trust your eyes about what is happening in the present.
Bob Enyart Debates: Atheism, big bang, evolution, theistic evolution, physics, conservatives (we expose the liberal in the conservative), economics, national sales tax, Islam, polygamy, pot, pro-aborts, homosexuals, theology, open theism, the sabbath, drinking alcohol, eschatology and preterism, etc.
Here, Real Sceince Radio presents the scientific journals reporting, the kinds of biological material found so far, and the dinosaurs yielding up these exciting discoveries:
Scientific Journals: Nature, Science, PNAS, PLoS One, Proceedings of the Royal Society, Bone, Acta Histochemica, the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, Proteome Research, and others below in our chronological catalog, "the web's most complete list of dinosaur soft tissue discoveries," as published in many leading journals, according to a co-author of one of those papers.
Biological Material Found: As of 2016, in fossils from dinosaur-layer and deeper strata, researchers have discovered flexible and transparent blood vessels, red blood cells, many various proteins including beta-keratin, the microtubule building block tubulin, collagen, the cytoskeleton components actin, tropomyosin, and the related motor protein myosin, and hemoglobin, bone maintenance osteocyte cells, pigment and evidence of melanosomes, DNA-related histone proteins, and powerful evidence for DNA including positive results from multiple double-helix tests.
Dinosaur and Dinosaur-Layer Creatures: The dinosaurs and other Mesozoic creatures that have yielded their biological material are hadrosaur, titanosaur, ornithomimosaur [ostrich-like dinosaurs], mosasaur, [bird-like] Anchiornis huxleyi, triceratops, Lufengosaurs, T. rex, and Archaeopteryx.
What Does the Bible Say About the Death Penalty? See this New Testament Support for Capital Punishment!
Update: Since 2001, search engines like Google have typically ranked the following article as number one out of millions for the words: God death penalty. Since 2002, Justice Antonin Scalia's related article at First Things ranked in the top 10 for nearly a decade but never beat out this article which appears here at kgov.com and over at TheologyOnline.com.
Question: Do any New Testament personalities or books support execution? Answer: As shown directly in the verses below, Jesus, Paul, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Hebrews, Revelation, and an angel all give strong support for the death penalty...
A hermeneutic is a tool for interpreting the Bible that students use to better understand the Scriptures. Proper hermeneutics are invaluable. "Of all Bob Enyart's materials, the Hermeneutics Seminar is the best!" says Brian of Thornton, Colorado, a caller into the BEL radio program. Filmed at Denver's famous Brown Palace Hotel, Bob presents the most important hermeneutics, discusses their misuse, and gives examples of how to use them properly. This fascinating Bible study is available on MP3-CD or MP3 download. You can click to order online or call us at 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278) and either way you'll also get the extensive seminar handout and the slides that Bob presented to help folks remember each of the hermeneutics and how to use them.
At Bob Enyart's Hermeneutics Seminar the group studied not only the following list of hermeneutics but also the importance of the order in which they are presented and prioritized while interpreting Scripture. Here they are:
God: existence, eternity, and entity (i.e., the Godhead, as in Romans 1:20) His Story: the plot, or storyline and narrative, of the Bible (grasping the Bible's overview is the key to its details) His Nature: living, personal, relational, good, and loving (includes J.O.N.A.H. & N.O.A.H.)
[Updated Jan. 10, 2018] * Do You Know About the Extensive Evidence for the Global Flood? Welcome! You have arrived at Real Science Radio's landing page that will introduce you to our resources on the global flood. RSR has been convinced of the accuracy and the predictive and explanatory power of Dr. Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory. We refer to the HPT also as the fountains-of-the-great-deep flood model. As you scroll down, you'll find:
* The Hydroplate Theory Explained on Today's Radio Show: To hear today's radio program about the global flood, just click one of the links above. RSR's Bob Enyart interviews Dr. Walt Brown addressing many observations from the physical sciences related to the flood of Noah's day. To get our best-selling video:
Today's Resource: Just click to order RSR's best-selling video:
Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart presents the scientific evidence for Dr. Walt Brown’s model of the global flood, along with the relevant biblical material. Enyart also discusses Brown's opponents and contrasts both the vapor canopy and catastrophic plate tectonics with the hydroplate theory.
DVD Vol. 1
1. Walt Brown, Creation Leaders, and Scripture
2. Hydroplate Theory & Scientific Evidence
DVD Vol. 2
3. Hydroplates vs. Plate Tectonics
Bonus: Origin of Earth's Radioactivity
* Get the Best Creation Science Book Ever Written: Just click on the cover of Dr. Walt Brown's book to purchase it from RSR (which also helps us to continue broadcasting)...
* Today's Radio Show Topics: Dr. Brown joins Real Science Radio today to discuss topics from his best-selling book to help us understand:
- that the continents do not fit together well against each other, as presented in the Pangea hypothesis, unless you shrink Africa by 30%, and make other dramatic manipulations.
- that the jigsaw shape of the continents does fit well against the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
- what formed the 46,000-mile long Mid-oceanic Ridge?
- that the Atlantic Ocean is relatively shallow, whereas the Pacific is relatively deep.
- what formed the deep Pacific trenches including the 36-thousand foot-deep Marianas Trench?
- that the fountains of the great deep launched the solar system's asteroids and comets.
- that Mars is not the source of Antarctica meteorites, but they were launched from Earth.
- that the debris launched from the Earth beat up the moon, which helps to explain why the near-side has suffered much greater impactors.
- that NASA discovered the earth-like composition of comets, including that they contain olivine, a very common class of Earth minerals, confirms an inherent prediction of Dr. Walt Brown's flood model.
* 2015 UPDATE! Nasa Finds Salt on Ceres! Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory predicts salt on asteroids, and Ceres is the largest object in the asteroid belt. Check out David Coppedge's overview of the discovery. (David is a fabulous science journalist on the board of Illustra Media.)
* Catastrophic Plate Tectonics: At RSR, we assert that CPT is an unbiblical and unscientific hypothesis. The leading proponents of this view, which is the creationist version of the secular "plate tectonics" (PT) theory, base the theory upon a sequence of miracles, none of which are described in the Scriptures nor supported by the biblical narrative. And many of the same observations that refute PT also refute CPT. See the following excerpts from our RSR flood video for more.
* Excerpts: RSR's Global Flood and Hydroplate Theory: We've excerpted our best-selling flood video which is available in full on DVD, Blu-ray, or download. We hope you enjoy this:
* In the Days of Peleg, the Earth was Divided: In our video embedded just above, from 12:13 to 15:21, we discuss Genesis 10:25 which states that in the days of Peleg, the earth was divided. See While the text could plausibly be interpreted to refer to some other type of division, most literally, it indicates that "the earth" was divided.
* All Scientists Work For Walt Brown: From our All Scientists Work For Walt Brown file, interestingly, Maria Zuber, principal investigator for NASA's GRAIL mission, said, "It was known that planets were battered by impacts, but nobody had envisioned that the [Moon’s] crust was so beaten up." Nobody, that is, except for Dr. Brown. :)
* Missing Crust in the Atlantic: This statement, All Scientists Work for Walt Brown, appears in our best-selling flood video and we may have first uttered it in 2007 when the BBC reported the discovery of the missing crust in the Atlantic, unexpected by plate tectonics advocates but a confirmation of a requirement of the Hydroplate Theory.
* Sunken Continent in the Pacific: Then on the other side of the globe in 2017, researchers documented the existence of Zelandia, another WWB discovery (Workin' for Walt Brown)! The Geological Society of America published (see their Flip PDF) the finding, which is overtly consistent with and explained by the HPT, of an almost completely submerged continent in the Pacific Ocean larger than the sub-continent of India which researchers called Zealandia.
* Another WWB Discovery -- Comet 67P: The confirmation of yet another astounding HPT science prediction came in January 2015 when Enyart interviewed Dr. Walt Brown about the high-resolution images of Comet 67P just released by the European Space Agency along with the assessment of their scientists regarding the unexpectedly (to them) large rounded boulders (up to 10-feet in diameter) that they photographed that may be the comet's building blocks! This interview presents this latest discovery which, though it has shocked so many secular astronomers, has confirmed Walt Brown's specific prediction, published 13 years ago in the 7th Edition of his book In the Beginning, about the composition of comets. See more at rsr.org/predictions.
* Landslide Filmed on Comet 67P: In a related story and now added to our RSR's List of the Solar System's Transient Events, the European Space Agency has filmed an actual landslide on Comet 67P. Just like every planet and all the other kinds of bodies in the solar system, this allegedly four billion year-old flying pile of rounded boulders produces transient events, that is, passing phenomena, like 67P's landslide and outgassing oxygen, that would be unexpected to see on billion-year-old objects. As for this landslide, of course stable cliffs are not easily built with rounded boulders, so happening to film a landslide as it happens is not shocking, as it is to old-earthers, but expected, as it is to students of the hydroplate theory!
* Another WWB Discovery: Lightning Produces Radioisotopes: In November 2017, the journal Naturereported that lightning storms "trigger atmospheric photonuclear reactions" that produce isotopes. In 2010 Dr. Brown published his Radioactivity theory including references to little noticed research showing that atmospheric lightning produces radioisotopes (and also explains the Oklo Natural "Reactor").
* RSR's List of Answers to HPT Objections: Bob Enyart hosts a series of laser-focused programs discussing criticisms of Dr. Walt Brown's fountains-of-the-great-deep flood model. Called RSR's List of Answers to Hydroplate Objections, this continuing series (with seven episodes so far) responds to geophysicist Dr. John Baumgardner, astronomer Danny Faulkner, meteorologist Michael Oard, and others regarding criticisms of the HPT including:
- the "geometry problem"
- the "Pacific crust problem"
- the "linear crack problem"
- the origin of limestone
- the origin of Earth's dangerous radioactivity
- the melting of the outer core as a mechanism for speeding up the Earth's rotation
- the ability of stresses to generate high voltages in granite
- the non-existence of a Pangea-like supercontinent of the early Earth
- the use of miracles-on-demand in the competing plate tectonic theory
Check it out! You just might LOVE this series.
Discoveries of water on Mars are now so common that the subject has become the butt of jokes among planetary scientists: “Congratulations—you’ve discovered water on Mars for the 1,000th time!"
What is significant however is that Walt Brown predicted the presence of salt water on Mars, now confirmed! Further, water on Mars does not imply that life could have originated there, for that ubiquitous atheistic claim ignores basic science. Water can sustain life. Yet because water is the universal solvent, it relentlessly dissolves the biological compounds needed to form the most basic biological structures like amino acids and polymers. So, water sustains life, but it is the enemy of a materialistic origin of life.
Facebook, Jesus, and Your Church (Anti-) Social Networking Etiquette
As at ten thousand other churches, use of Facebook, online forums (like TOL) and email affect the fellowship at Denver Bible Church. Consider these pastor’s tips for etiquette regarding online demeanor, the percentage of a congregation that “friends” one another, email use, and public ‘counseling.’
Most theologians join most of the philosophers of the last 2,500 years in saying that God is outside of time. Here, though, is a biblical proof showing that God is in time because the Scriptures teach in many ways that God experiences change in sequence: As God existed, as the Bible puts it, before the foundation of the world, God the Son was not also the SON OF MAN; but then He "became" flesh as "the Son of Man", and so God the Son remains eternally "the Man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5). But many theologians reject this proof that God has a past, and thus, that God is in time. Why? They claim that...
* Bob Enyart Debates Open Theism with D. James Kennedy's Professor of New Testament: in a written, 10-round moderated debate with Dr. Samuel Lamerson of Knox Theological Seminary on whether the future is settled or open (as featured at opentheism.org and hosted at TOL). Pastor Enyart also debated Open Theism in a short five-round format with Dr. Larry Bray, the president of the online TNARS, The North American Reformed Seminar (on Facebook) and Dr. James White at Denver's historic Brown Palace Hotel. But before looking at the Lamerson debate, see this 2-minute video that documents the shocking aftermath of the White debate:
Six people just survived the sinking of an ocean vessel. They are afloat in a lifeboat with only enough water for five. On board are a doctor, a carpenter, a nurse, a blind elderly woman, a sailor, and a counselor. Public school students given this scenario over the years were then asked...
As a Protestant myself, I sadly acknowledge the racism of a Protestant hero, Martin Luther. My review of Luther's book, On the Jews and their Lies (if you click over to there and appreciate the review, please Rate It accordingly), appears over at Google Books. From that review, and from my book The Plot, consider:
Sections of the Bible differ in how commonly they record miracles. But there is one thread that runs consistently throughout: Miracles foster unbelief. God's great miracles through Moses filled Egypt with undeniable evidence for the God of Israel (Ex. 9:27). Yet neither the Bible nor history records Egyptian repentance, only good riddance (Ps. 105:38; Ex. 12:35-36; 14:25). Further and more dramatic, consider the effect of those tremendous miracles on the Israelites themselves. The Lord produced water out of the Rock (Ex. 17:2-6), fed the people with food from heaven (Ex. 16:4-7) brought meat on demand (Num. 11:31-32; Ps. 105:40), and supernaturally kept clothes from wearing out for forty years (Deut. 8:4). Yet with all this, virtually the entire nation rejected God. Why?
Bob Enyart debated fellow radio host Neal Boortz over a national sales tax. As a national spokesman for FairTax, a national 22% sales tax, this is a major issue for libertarian Boortz, but a topic hardly ever addressed by Bob, who is more focused on presenting God as Creator, and other such matters. Yet even though The Enyart-Boortz Sales Tax Debate moves Bob squarely onto libertarian turf, still the fight hardly seems fair. For if the biblical worldview is correct, Christians should be able to demonstrate the truth and expose error far more effectively than others. Boortz then broke his promise and so far has not posted a link to the debate as he had said he would.
Christians today are nicer than God. Or at least they are trying to be so. In the Church there is a standard of niceness that Jesus failed to reach while on earth. Comparing God's attitude and behavior with that of the Church today shows that believers are far more polite, tolerant, understanding and respectful to the wicked than God is. The Church is also less offensive, rude and sarcastic than God's men in the Bible were. And no Christian would ever be caught dead mocking the wicked, as God's men in the Bible sometimes did.The Bible sometimes ministers through ridicule, humor, sarcasm, name-calling, and even mocking. For example, God mocked and defeated the Midianites by giving them a nightmare in which they were attacked by a loaf of bread (Jud. 7:13-14). Elijah, just prior to executing 450 prophets of Baal, "mocked them" as the Bible says, telling them to yell louder to their god so that Baal could hear their prayers since he was either on a trip, sleeping or in the restroom (Hebrew, "private place," 1 Ki. 18:27; and 2 Ki. 6:8-20). And Jesus rebuked the multitudes for not responding in faith to John the Baptist's message as He ridiculed them...
In an online discussion over at Prometheus Unbound, Santi, an agnostic, asked Bob Enyart about his doubts. You can read their discussion over at santitafarella.wordpress.com. From Bob's answer: "Santi, you’re asking me to indicate, of the beliefs that I hold, which ones do I sometimes doubt. To help myself think this through, I’ll first list the things I never ever doubt. I never doubt that I exist; and therefore I know that there is a reality. I never doubt that truth exists, because for example, it is true that I exist..."
Various televangelists, including John Hagee, promote a false teaching, that Jews can reject Christ and still have salvation. This of course directly contradicts the claims of Jesus Himself, and of the apostles, and even of the Hebrew Scriptures. The quotes below do not come from typical English language translations of the Bible, but appropriately, from specifically Jewish translations into English, from the Jewish New Testament and from the Old Testament Tanakh.
Dr. Dobson, we grieve at your celebration of one of the most barbaric opinions ever issued by an American court. We plead with you to correct your misrepresentation of the Gonzales v. Carhart Supreme Court ruling.
Bob Enyart Live presents this Pastor Qualification Quiz, not for a church member to use to confront his pastor with, but for pastors to take notice of, as an indication of what the elders at Denver Bible Church believe would be common in a biblically-based leader of a Christian fellowship:
Our Christian leaders have misled millions into thinking this ban would prevent at least some abortions. In reality, pro-lifers volunteered, they made phone calls, and gave money, all to promote a ban that utterly lacked the authority to save even a single baby.
Abstract: Forty years ago Theodosius Dobzhansky, a scientist credited with developing the reigning paradigm of neo-Darwinism, published his iconic article with the famed title, "Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution." The intervening decades have seen his three predictions falsified; namely those regarding genetics and the tree of life, the role evolution theory would play in the progress of biological science, and one particular Arab sheik whom Dobzhansky identified by name. Dobzhanky's claims are evaluated in the light of four decades of hindsight, much additional scientific research, and the continued development of the creation model. His arguments regarding the diversity of life, biological universals, and abiogenesis are answered in a point-by-point presentation.
Real Science Radio takes on atheism with: - six irrefutable observations disproving the atheist belief that they have explained origins apart from God - ten atheist clichés each refuted in eight seconds or less - RSR's Trading Genesis video presentation from Pepperdine University showing that atheists have no theory of origins - our debate with the psychologist Zakath, TheologyOnline's resident atheist on the question of Does God Exist? - ten atheists debated by RSR -bonus resources including a cure for atheism, our debates with accomplished opponents including a geophysicist and a theistic evolutionist, and our $23,000 grant offer to Jurassic Park famed paleontologist Jack Horner to run a scientific test.
Kate Mulgrew Narrated Geocentrism Film: In September 2013, when RSR asked Rick Delano, producer of The Principle, if his movie was about geocentrism, he led Bob Enyart to believe that it was not, but that it was instead about evidence against the big bang. That misrepresentation led RSR to invite scientists and engineers to a special Denver screening of the film for Real Science Radio. As the film ended, in front of Delano, his marketing director, and the gathered audience, Bob Enyart stood up and apologized to the attendees. Today, on the day of the film's Chicago premiere, October 24th, 2014, Real Science Radio hosts Bob and Fred Williams discuss the scientific and biblical arguments below to rebut the documentary. The film claims that the Sun (and the universe) orbits around the Earth every 24 hours. The film attempted to mislead the audience into thinking that its geocentrism was supported by: 1) the latest Planck satellite confirmations of the so-called Axis of Evil 2) the narrator, Kate Mulgrew of Star Trek fame, and 3) the scientists interviewed (including Lawrence Krauss, George Ellis, Michio Kaku, Max Tegmark, and JohnHartnett). None of these in anyway affirm the film's claim of geocentrism. For the enthusiast though, there's plenty of fun science to learn while refuting extreme geocentrism as you can see here...
From Real Science Radio: The Richard Dawkins 3-to-1 Evolution Challenge
Research in preparation for an upcoming debate led Bob Enyart and his associate Will Duffy to Oxford University in the United Kingdom. With the success of RSR's PZ Myers Trochlea Challenge (see the popular evolutionist's reply here), the guys decided to hand deliver a copy of this Dawkins 3-to-1 Challenge to the office of professor emeritus Richard Dawkins, who lectures there for a course titled, Science Literacy: Evolution for Non-Scientists.
After our debate with Lawrence Krauss, a leading bigbang proponent, RSR produced our list of peer-reviewed scientific evidence against the big bang and against the widely-held major features of its cosmological belief system. Real Science Radio continues to update our popularList of Evidence Against the BigBang! The quote from theoretical physicist (emphasis on the theoretical) Lawrence Krauss that got Bob Enyart and Fred Williams all worked up was that, "all evidence overwhelmingly supports the bigbang." Wow. You can evaluate the trustworthiness of that assessment yourself with the amazing list of scientific evidence against the big bang, right here...
Many have heard about polystrate tree fossils, the many, many tree trunks found standing upright through multiple rock layers, some of which that were allegedly deposited over hundreds of thousands or even millions of years. Typically, these fossilized trees, which would have taken eons to be buried, show no greater erosion at the top than the base.
* Old-Earth Explanations of Polystrate: Arguments given by old-earthers include:
- these particular layers were not deposited over the long periods implied
- regardless of how long it took for sediments to bury it, of course the tree stood that long
- the fossilized tree was later implanted vertically through the rock layers; or, there are almost no actual polystrate fossils and this phenomenon is just exaggerated by
to explain a single polystrate that they are looking at (as compared to the millions of polystrate fossils in existence) typically come nowhere near to being even remotely plausible for a single polystrate, let alone all the many kinds of polystrates and all the millions of instances of their fossilization.
* Kinds of Polystrate Fossils: But upright fossilized trees form only one kind of polystrate fossil. The other kinds include:
- polystrate schools of jellyfish
- three-dimensional trilobites in limestone
- delicate radiating spine polystrates
- 171 (awfully persistent dead) tadpoles in diatoms
- fossilized end-to-end leaves standing on their sides
- a fossilized whale buried in diatoms
- a fossilized school of whales buried across four strata
- etc. (every fossil that crosses strata boundaries)
Now how about those LEAVES! Leaves? Yes, leaves! There are two leaves, buried vertically, as though standing on edge for thousands of years, while buried by the super-slow deposition of diatomaceous rock! Ha! Leaves. And there’s a mesosaur (and countless other 3D fossils; 3D, in other words, not flatten like a piece of paper, but having significant thickness), a mesosaur buried in multiple “varve” layers, which are claimed to be annual depositions, yet these fossils typically show no erosional patterns that would indicate gradual burial.
Then there’s that whale skeleton in a California quarry, uplifted, with its rib cage and other bones buried by diatoms, again, which diatomaceous earth is said to be deposited incredibly slowly!
And speaking of whales, how about the 40 whales! buried in Chile (and several hundred more, undiscovered)! Looks like a mass stranding. But these whale fossils surprised a Smithsonian evolutionist, Dr. Nick Pyenson. Why? Because, he says: “It happened four times." Why's that? Because "the fossil site has at least four layers", to which Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart replies: "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha", with RSR co-host Fred Williams thoughtfully adding, "Ha ha!"
* Polystrates like Spines and Rare Schools of Fossilized Jellyfish: Previously, seven sedimentary layers in Wisconsin had been described as taking a million years to form. And because jellyfish have no skeleton, as Charles Darwin pointed out, it is rare to find them among fossils. But now, reported in the journal Geology, a school of jellyfish fossils have been found throughout those same seven layers. So, polystrate fossils that condense the time of strata deposition from eons to hours or months, include:
- Jellyfish in central Wisconsin were not deposited and fossilized over a million years but during a single event quick enough to trap a whole school. (This fossil school, therefore, taken as a unit forms a polystrate fossil.) Examples are everywhere that falsify the claims of strata deposition over millions of years.
- Countless trilobites buried in astounding three dimensionality around the world are meticulously recovered from limestone, much of which is claimed to have been deposited very slowly. Contrariwise, because these specimens were buried rapidly in quickly laid down sediments, they show no evidence of greater erosion on their upper parts as compared to their lower parts. - The delicacy of radiating spine polystrates, like tadpole and jellyfish fossils, especially clearly demonstrate the rapidity of such strata deposition.
- A second school of jellyfish, even though they rarely fossilized, exists in another locale with jellyfish fossils in multiple layers, in Australia's Brockman Iron Formation, constraining there too the rate of strata deposition. By the way, jellyfish are an example of evolution's big squeeze. Like galaxies evolving too quickly, galaxy clusters, and even human feet (which, like Mummy DNA, challenge the Out of Africa paradigm), jellyfish have gotten into the act squeezing evolution's timeline, here by 200 million years when they were found in strata allegedly a half-a-billion years old. Other examples, ironically referred to as Medusoid Problematica, are even found in pre-Cambrian strata.
- 171 tadpoles of the same species buried in diatoms.
- Leaves buried vertically through single-celled diatoms powerfully refute the claimed super-slow deposition of diatomaceous rock.
- Many fossils, including a Mesosaur, have been buried in multiple "varve" layers, which are claimed to be annual depositions, yet they show no erosional patterns that would indicate gradual burial.
- A single whale skeleton preserved in California in dozens of layers of diatom deposits thus forming a polystrate fossil.
- 40 whales buried in the desert in Chile. "What's really interesting is that this didn't just happen once," said Smithsonian evolutionist Dr. Nick Pyenson. It happened four times." Why's that? Because "the fossil site has at least four layers", to which Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart replies: "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha", with RSR co-host Fred Williams thoughtfully adding, "Ha ha!"
Should Christians judge? Jesus commanded men to judge rightly and He told them to judge not. Did the Lord contradict Himself? Or does the Bible say more about judging than Christians are generally taught?
Don't judge? But Jesus repeatedly taught men to judge rightly, insisting they “judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24) and He praised a man who “rightly judged” (Luke 7:43). Paul shamed the Corinthian Christians because no one among them was willing to “judge the smallest matters” (1 Cor. 6:2). As the Apostle wrote, “He who is spiritual judges all things” for “we have the mind of Christ” (1 Cor. 2:15-16).
Where did we get the notion that men should never judge? Should child-molesters escape condemnation? Should rapists be free from criticism? Should society refrain from judging those arrested for murder? Why would anyone judge others for judging? And if a pastor teaches "don't judge" regarding abortion and homosexuality, what would he say about a parishioner who doesn't donate but rather takes money out of the collection plate?
A lie has partially paralyzed the church. God warns against “hypocrisy” commanding men to “abhor what is evil” (Rom. 12:9). Yet to abhor evil, someone must first judge evil. Thus, unable to judge, large numbers of Christians become hypocrites by obeying the Hypocrites Golden Rule. Since the hypocrite doesn’t want to be judged, he judges not, as Jesus said, “Judge not… you hypocrite” (Mat. 7:1, 5 KJV; Ezek. 16:52). For “judge not” (Mat. 7:1-5) is simply a hypocrites application of do unto others as you would have them do unto you (Mat. 7:12). “For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged” (Mat. 7:2). Judge others as you would have them do unto you inverted is Judge not if you do not want to be judged.
With abortion for incest, the abortion clinic helps to cover up the crime, typically sends the victim back home to her rapist. often sends her home with the relative who raped her. Abortion for incest emboldens a criminal to rape his young relative because it helps the rapist escape being caught and so it tempts the rapist to repeat his crime. Incest abortion is not compassionate...
Who has the authority to grant permission for people to marry? Some claim that only the church has authority to preside over weddings. Yet in modern times most people willingly submit to the government as the official certifier of marriage. For as barista Leanna Aberle has said, "Marriage is a covenant not only between the man, the woman, and God, but also with the whole world." Others however claim that the authority to marry lies solely with the two individuals involved. (Our article The Bible and Polygamy presents the prohibition of polygamy in New Testament times.) Consider arguments for and against each of these three ideas on authority regarding marriage.
What does the Bible say about the casting of lots? What was the purpose and is there a scriptural reason today to cast lots? The casting of lots in the Bible is similar to throwing dice or drawing straws. It served two godly purposes: - Revealing God's Will to Prophet or Priest: but this ended along with the Levitical priesthood. Heb. 7:12 - Encouraging Humility: as it causes contentions to cease and keeps the mighty apart. Prov. 18:18
What does the Bible say about the deity of Christ? For centuries, as affirmed at the Council of Nicea, Christians have used a wonderful list of verses to demonstrate from God's Word the deity of Jesus Christ. Here is another very different approach to show the same truth. (This is similar to the "Big Picture" approach used in the overview of the Bible called The Plot.)
What God permits, let not man forbid, lest he make an idol.
If God permits men to freely make copies of His inspired Word, and to translate His Word (as we will show that He does), so that thousands, millions, even billions of men, women, and children can read about Him for themselves and in their own language, then those who forbid this continued dissemination of Scripture establish themselves as an authority above God Himself.
All stories have a plot. The main story line in a narrative forms the plot. Understanding any storybook involves recognizing the plot, getting to know the characters, and learning the setting. The setting refers to the backdrop for the action, when and where, in time and space, the action occurs. Does the Bible have a plot?
Bob Enyart's Abortion Vigilantism Worksheet has been energetically endorsed by a professor of ethics. Read and answer the fascinating questions, and consider Bob's on air discussion as he talks through the fascinating questions in this worksheet...
The Bible contains passages that have direct bearing on the abortion issue, specifically to the crime of killing the unborn child, and generally to the "pro-choice" battle and the principles of life and death. Because there is a lot of scripture on this topic, our Clickable Contents index will link you to the relevant section of this article. So start with a topic that's most relevant to your concern:
What does the Bible say about polygamy? And while Christians should oppose polygamy, why did it occur so often in Scripture? Update: Well-known ex-Mormon polygamist Polygamist Leland Freeborn debates Bob Enyart, the author of this article and pastor of Denver Bible Church.
Why Marijuana Should Be Illegal: [UPDATE: See also Bob Enyart's debate on pot at HuffingtonPost.com/Bob-Enyart.] The question of marijuana legalization, often debated emotionally, turns on some fundamental biblical principles. Christians, or anyone really, must understand these moral concepts before being able to argue conclusively. God does not require society to put up with the risk of human beings who lose control of their faculties by being high, whether through alcohol or other drugs. Further, as shown in the Neighbors section below, the Bible reveals that negligence has legal consequences. Thus, if the government wrongly decriminalizes some activity, then the government itself would share in the guilt for the resulting harm. While THC prescription drugs made from marijuana are currently available, and a non-intoxicating strain of marijuana has been developed in 2012, many advocate going far beyond this toward making "medical marijuana" generally available and even toward the ultimate decriminalization of cannabis. However, if the normal use of any chemical or herb, such as crack cocaine, ecstasy, or marijuana, makes a person intoxicated, then the government is right to outlaw or to classify that drug as a controlled substance.
The Bible both prohibits certain kinds of slavery, and permits other kinds, and so does our own U.S. Constitution by the 13th Amendment, which abolished only certain forms of slavery. The Bible condemns kidnapping as a capital crime, and kidnapping is what fueled the African slave trade to America from the 1500s to 1800s. Therefore, because the Old and New Testaments (Ex. 21:16; 1 Tim. 1:9-10; etc.) condemn kidnapping, the teaching of Scripture condemns virtually the entirety of American slavery...
UPDATE: This article includes content from Bob Enyart's radio debate with a Denver Church of Christ preacher, Chris Peltz, about drinking wine. Two weeks prior to our broadcast, Brian from Thornton called into Peltz' radio program presenting three lines of evidence that Bible teaching generally and Jesus in particular approve of drinking alcohol, but that to excess, it is drunkenness that is the sin. Denver Bible Church agrees with Brian that God's Word approves of drinking wine, beer and other alcohol. First consider that the warnings against drunkenness actaully affirm the drinking of alcohol in modertion. And then see below the many biblical evidences showing that God approves of wine.
Definition of Money: In the 1990s here at Bob Enyart Live, I wrongly claimed that justice required a return to the gold standard, whereby currency was formerly backed by reserves of precious metals. Years ago you could return a $10 bill, also called a gold certificate, to a bank and receive a certain amount of gold. After studying and thinking about money for years, interacting with one of the world's leading consultants on monetary policy, reading economic texts such as Ludwig von Mises' Theory of Money and Credit, and reflecting on the Bible, I now affirm that while metals can be used as money, money itself is not gold or silver. And money is more than simply a medium of exchange. Rather, money is more like a transferable IOU. Most accurately, money is the accounting of transferable incomplete transactions. Thus as those transactions are completed, the actual money based on those transactions, disappears...
"God called the firmament Heaven." Why? Moses used the word firmament nine times in Genesis chapter one. He intentionally distinguished the last four occurrences from the first four. Each of the four in the second grouping (vv. 14, 15, 17, 20) is qualified separately with the prepositional phrase "of the heavens," distinguishing between the first firmament of the earth, and the second firmament of the heavens, so that the reader will not confuse this firmament of sky and space with the previous firmament of earth, which in the original creation, was a paradise that was part of God's kingdom of heaven. [Update: A popular atheist made a 40-minute video critical of this article. Seems we hit a nerve, for seeing the crust of the earth as the "firmament" rebuts the false allegation of atheists that the Bible teaches that the earth is surrounded by a solid domed sky. So we embedded the video and responded...]
When did the fall in the Garden of Eden occur? That is, how soon after their creation on day six did Adam and Eve sin? A Creation magazine article, Why Bible History Matters by Dr. Jonathan Sarfati, makes three observations that provide a time frame: 1. Adam and Eve did not conceive any children prior to the Fall 2. Eve would likely have become pregnant during her first menstrual cycle 3. Lucifer also would have rebelled in the short time between Creation and the Fall. In this KGOV article, Bob Enyart adds some fascinating Bible details to find out even more about the timing of the fall...
Why God Just Might Like the Christmas Tree: Some Christians have been taught that because there are pagan symbols and origins for various Christmas and Easter traditions, therefore believers should not celebrate such religious feast days, should not use pagan terminology, and should certainly not partake in any custom that has pagan roots.
Why did Noah curse his grandson Canaan? (In 2009, this Canaan article was updated with a discovery and a science prediction regarding the human genome.) This boy’s father, Ham, saw Noah’s nakedness, and as a result, Noah cursed Canaan, who became the patriarch of Israel’s enemies, the Canaanites. The story seems capricious on the surface, in contrast to so much reasonable history in Genesis. Let’s take another look at what happened.