Dec. 14, 2013 Noon - 6 p.m.
The Airport Radisson - Indianapolis, IN
At the door $25 for adults, $70 for families
Welcome to Real Science Radio: with co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams who talk about science to debunk evolution and to show the evidence for the creator God including from biology, geology, astronomy, and physics. (For example, mutations will give you bad legs long before you'd get good wings.) Not only do we get to debate Darwinists and atheists like Lawrence Krauss, AronRa, and Eugenie Scott, and easily take potshots from popular evolutionists like PZ Myers, Phil Plait, and Jerry Coyne, but we also occasionally interview the outstanding scientists who dare to challenge today's accepted creed that nothing created everything.
* DNA Doesn't Lie -- and that includes Elephant DNA: If you enjoy our tradition of annual Real Science Radio LIST programs you'll probably love this List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit! For the genomes march on. While of course Darwin's tree of life puts all the shrews on one branch, and animals like giraffes and elephants elsewhere, contradicting that evolutionary requirement, a genetic analysis of a particular species of shrew, the elephant shrew, shows that this rodent is closer to an elephant, genetically, than it is to other shrews! Who knew? So Bob Enyart and Fred Williams explain why on today's program!
* Genomes that Expose the Error of Neo-Darwinism: See below for details and for the many peer-reviewed journal papers and expert sources for this data. And remember, all scientists work for Real Science Radio! So, genetic studies have revealed that:
- An elephant shrew is closer to an elephant than to other shrews
- Horse DNA is closer to bats than to cows
- Mouse DNA is the same as 80% of the human genome
- Sponges share 70% of human genes including for nerves and muscles
- Kangaroo DNA unexpectedly contains huge chunks of the human genome
- Gorilla DNA is closer to humans than chimps in 15% of the genome
- Neanderthal DNA is fully human, closer than a chimp is to a chimp
- The chimp Y chromosome is "horrendously different" from our 'Y'
- The human Y is astoundingly similar all over the world lacking the expected mutational variation
- Mitochondrial Eve "would be a mere 6000 years old" by ignoring chimp DNA and calculating by mutation rates
- Roundworms have far more genes than Darwinist predictions,19,000, compared to our 20,500 genes
- The flatworm man-bug "ancestor" genome has "alarmed" evolutionists and is now dislodged from its place at the base.
- Snake DNA contains a quarter of the cow genome
- The leading evidence for Darwinism, junk DNA, is vanishing, as the journal Nature reports function for 80% of human genome, moving toward "100%"
- Genomes so challenge common descent that PNAS reports horizontal gene transfer must have "transformed vertebrate genomes"
- "Genetic diversity exploded in recent millennia" when "vast number of human DNA variants arose only in the past 5,000 years."
- Whale and bat DNA share identical astounding sequence: Ha! A wonderful discovery has documented the same echolocation genetic sequences existing in both the bat and whale genomes! Wow! wow! Wow! wow!
* University of Bologna Blue Star Rescue Device: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams enjoy reporting creation news, this time from the current issue of Creation magazine! The University of Bologna astronomers are trying to figure out why so many billion-year-old star clusters are loaded with so many short-lived blue stars that just aren't expected to be where they are! The guys also discuss the latest analysis of moon rocks, as reported in the journal Nature Geoscience, which shows that the currently popular lunar formation theory just doesn't hold water. Also, plants can perform sophisticated math functions (really)! And speaking of math, how many generations does it take to account for the genetic map of the Netherlands?
* Land Bridges: See the image on the right to get a gut feel for how much of the Earth's volume is water. If God took all the water on the Earth and put it into a sphere sitting atop RSR's home state of Colorado, that's about what it would look like from space. On the same image, notice also the continental shelves around the continent. During the program, Fred mentions the land bridges that existed after the global flood that connect the continents... until that is, the days of Peleg!
* RSR Flashback: From Creation magazine's interview of Dr. Carl Werner: "Paleontologists have found 432 mammal species in the dinosaur layers; almost as many as the number of dinosaur species. … But where are these fossils? We visited 60 museums but did not see a single complete mammal skeleton from the dinosaur layers displayed at any of these museums. This is amazing."
* Dr. Werner Compliments the RSR Dino Soft Tissue Page: Carl Werner complimented our DinosaurSoftTissue.com urging us to continue pressing the issue. We agree! With God's help, we'll continue to reach thousands of people with the web's most complete catalog of peer-reviewed journal papers confirming the existence of original biological tissue from dinosaurs!
* Bob Sorensen on the Logical Fallacies of Darwinists: Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviews the Question Evolution Day organizer Bob Sorensen about the logical fallacies that permeate evolutionist arguments.
* Flashback: Bob and Bob spoke in January about Sorensen's Question Evolution Project that was inspired by CMI's Question Evolution campaign and includes Sorensen's annual Question Evolution Day observed on Darwin's birthday each February 12th and the related Creation Sunday pulpit event celebrated yearly on the Sunday before or on QED.
Geology Guy: RSR host Bob Enyart interviews Ian, a research assistant to Guy Berthault, one of the daring scientists who do actual research on how sediments are deposited, rather than just accepting the now falsified story about superposition as told by Nicolas Steno.
* RSR Interviews the World's Most Popular Authority on Jericho: Based on Google search rankings, archaeologist Bryant Wood is the world's most popular authority on: Jericho excavation. Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams have a great time celebrating with Dr. Wood the many discoveries of secular archaeologists that confirm important details in Joshua's account of the city and its destruction. Thus the ruins of perhaps the world's greatest, oldest city corroborate one of the most amazing accounts in the Bible.
* Post-show Note: The two short RSR videos below are about to pass 3300 and 4000 views! Check 'em out! BTW, as you look at them that will boost their numbers of views, which thereby helps more people discover them because they will therefore rank higher in various search results. (As an aside: If there is an important web page that you'd like to help more people find, rather than typing in its address, like rsr.org/dinosaur-soft-tissue, instead you can search for:
dinosaur soft tissue
Then by clicking on the article that you want to promote (like ours at kgov :), you'll be helping to increase its rankings in search engine results! (You can try this to help us promote: young earth, at our youngearth.com, and: nautiloids, at youngearth.com, and: what does the bible say about abortion, at Bob Enyart's article at AmericanRTL.org, and what does the bible say about pot, right here at KGOV.com/pot. Thanks!
* The Bible Gets Easier to Understand: Apparent contradictions plague many Bible students. Therefore in his life's work, The Plot, Bob Enyart set out to demonstrate how hundreds of such contradictions disappear when the reader applies the big picture of the Bible to its details. Tunnel vision focuses so narrowly on a problem that the solution often lies just out of view. As the pastor of Denver Bible Church, Bob Enyart teaches Christians how to use the whole counsel of God to understand the plot of the Bible and solve biblical mysteries. As with all of our BEL resources, The Plot comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee! And as we become proficient in the big picture, that is, the overview of the story of the Bible, then countless details, including as one small example, about the cities of refuge, become increasingly clear!
* A Related Bible Study on the Cities of Refuge: The Old Testament account of the cities of refuge can be very hard to understand... until you see that the story is about Jesus. Check it out in the Bible and enjoy it as taught in Volume II of Bob's study of the Book of Joshua!
Today's Resource: Get both volumes, I & II, of Bob Enyart's verse-by-verse study of The Book of Joshua, for a discounted price. And you can enjoy these or any of Bob's studies, made available by book title or by topic, or you can subscribe or donate online or by calling 1-800-8Enyart (303-463-7789).
* Since Carbon-14 is EVERYWHERE It Can't Be an Anomaly: Carbon 14 doesn't lie. Yet 14c is everywhere it shouldn't be. Unless from a secondary source, like contamination or neutron capture, anything millions of years old should have NO Carbon-14. However diamonds are virtually impervious to contamination, and the world's vast fossil fuel deposits are not radioactive. Therefore neutron capture and contamination cannot explain the significant quantities of radiocarbon in such specimens. (Confused? See rsr.org/14c.) Yet scientists consistently find C-14, as reported in 2011 in the journal PLoS One for an allegedly 80-million year old mosasaur, and as reported elsewhere in natural gas, limestone, fossil wood, coal, oil, graphite, marble, ten dinosaurs, and even in supposedly billion-year-old diamonds.
* Public Access to 14c Journal Paper: Upon request from RSR, the Creation Research Society has made available to the public a 2007 paper that documents the process of testing natural gas from a deep well for Carbon 14. Without a subscription, you can see all the abstracts from that issue, Vol. 44, Num. 2, and now for the first time, you can read John Doughty's paper, Deep Wells -- Deep Time?
* Facebook.com/RealScienceRadio Page: Apparently, in a fit of madness, as though we don't already have too much to do, we created a RSR Facebook page. Yikes! So, if you're into that kind of thing, we'd be so grateful if you would like, or join, or comment, or whatever it is you can do, at our new RSR Facebook page at facebook.com/realscienceradio! Thanks!
* Wet and Wrinkly: Why do our fingers get wrinkly when we stay in the water for a long time? After a few science news items, Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present a summary of their Carbon 14 argument. To begin with though, they talk about:
- An astronaut who thanked Walt Brown for his tremendous contribution to the scientific understanding of the world.
- The various film producers who've met with the RSR guys regarding a few different projects, including one who flew out from Hollywood to present a private Real Science Radio screening of his new science film on the big bang.
- Researches have discovered that we are able to handle wet objects better when our fingers are wrinkly. That discovery reveals yet another design feature that God included in His functional specification for creating the part of the human being that we call our body. Man is body, soul, and spirit (1 Thes. 5:23; rsr.org/three). One of the great articles in the July - September 2013 Creation magazine includes one explaining that our fingers get wrinkly during lengthy baths and swims because God lovingly designed us that way! The guys also discuss articles about the non-chemical antibiotic that God designed for cicadas, and the "predator that replaced the dinosaurs" that turns out to be a gentle herbivore.
* Don Johnson on RSR re: the Book: Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart concludes his interview with Dr. Don Johnson. Have you noticed? In conversations with secular evolutionists, Bob and Don note that most of them when pressed will suggest that something that is wildly unlikely (such as a DNA sequence arising that would code for a unique protein) is just as likely to happen as things that are virtually 100% certain (like still having a deck of cards after you've shuffled them, or still having a beach after a child has played in the sand). The order of the cards in the deck and of the grains of sand have been mixed up, but in both cases, after making a sand castle and after shuffling, it's about 100% likely that you still have a beach and a deck of cards. Such atheists present themselves as unable to distinguish probabilities between something certain and something that has less than a googol-to-one chance of occurring.
For this show, RSR recommends
Dr. Don Johnson's Programming of Life DVD
and as a free gift, we'll send along
the accompanying book!
* RSR Flashback: Did Miller/Urey Create Life in the Lab? Articles in the Rocky Mountain News (before it folded) and in the Colorado Springs Gazette (back when they could afford to keep their archives online) quoted Denver Museum curator Dr. Kirk Johnson saying that creationists like our friends at BC Tours are "quite backward and intellectually dishonest" and that "they don't believe science exists." This came from the man, whom we refer to as Captain Kirk, who told us that he doesn't know if he exists! Bob's letter to the Gazette quotes from a Denver Museum exhibit and then asks, "It's been fifty years since that Miller experiment. Don't they know if they made life yet or not?"
* "We Don't Know When Life Begins" From a great article at American Right To Life:
Ten thousand times over, the Roe v. Wade opinion has been quoted approvingly by those who advocate the killing of unborn children: "We need not resolve the difficult question of when life begins." During the 2008 U.S. presidential race, then-Senator Barack Obama said during a candidate forum regarding when a "baby" gets "human rights," that "answering that question" even from "a scientific perspective... is above my pay grade." President Obama and Nancy Pelosi, for example, as representative leaders of their political party, have both indicated that even "scientifically," it is not known when life begins. Unless they ask God to soften their hard hearts, they will never understand the precious personhood of the child, at least not as long as they pretend to be so confused even regarding biological life.
* RSR Adds: Remember though, far worse than an atheist/liberal/democrat/unbeleiver approving of abortion is the Christian/conservative/creationist/pro-lifer who knows that the unborn child is a person made in God's image, who then consents to killing one.
* Don Johnson on RSR re: the Book: Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviewed Dr. Don Johnson who earned Ph.D.s in both Computer & Information Sciences from the University of Minnesota and in Chemistry from Michigan State University and has been a senior scientist in industry and taught at universities in the U.S. and Europe. Dr. Johnson has produced simply the greatest cell biology DVD ever made: Programming of Life! On todays program, Bob and Don discuss the book behind the DVD.
* How Many Proteins Does It Take To Screw In a Light Bulb? No joke. Actually, the scientific question is: How many proteins does it take to make a protein? The answer: 150. Hopefully that realization will help light a bulb for an evolutionist. For apart from the Creator God, the claim of the materialistic origin of life is hopelessly circular and makes no sense.
For this show, RSR recommends Dr. Don Johnson's Programming of Life DVD
and as a free gift, we'll send along the accompanying book!
* Analyzing the Great Works of Literature -- Via Spelling: Debating RSR, atheist AronRa claimed that the study of evolution (to Darwinists, this means, the study of all life) is primarily an investigation among species of the different frequencies of alleles (which are differing versions of genes). This is as insufficient an approach to understanding life as it would be to attempt to comprehend the great works of literature by focusing on spelling variations.
* One Dead Protein : Bob Enyart points out that even if a trillion universes all pulled together to overcome the odds of a protein forming and folding by chance, and natural processes produced the first protein... so what? All you'd have is a single, non-living protein molecule.
* Interview & Photo from iDINO's Mark Armitage: Fulfilling last year's promise, Mark Armitage of the CRS iDINO project presents Real Science Radio with a formerly unpublished photo (right) of soft tissue in a Triceratops horn. It's beautiful! (Well, in the eyes of the beholder, anyway. But God Himself probably thinks it's pretty cool too!) Armitage, a Creation Research Society board member and microscopy expert, along with iDINO microbiologist Dr. Kevin Anderson, excavated a Triceratops horn from the Hell Creek Formation in Montana. As with scientists from Harvard, North Carolina State, and dozens of other universities and institutions, they broke it open and... Guess what!
* Armitage and Anderson at Acta Histochemica: One of the latest of hundreds of peer-reviewed papers published by Darwin Doubters and even by (say it's not so) creationists, the prestigious secular journal Acta Histochemica has published the paper by Mark Armitage and Kevin Anderson titled, Soft sheets of fibrillar bone from a fossil of the supraorbital horn of the dinosaur Triceratops horridus in Volume 115, Issue 6, July 2013, pp. 603–608; Mark Hollis Armitage, Department of Biology, California State University, 18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA 91330-8303, USA; Kevin Lee Anderson, Department of Biology, Arkansas State University Beebe, Beebe, AR, USA.
* Another Fun RSR List Show: In Real Science Radio's List of the Fine Tuned Features of the Universe, Bob Enyart quotes leading scientists and their astounding admission of the uncanny and seemingly never-ending list of the just-perfect finely tuned parameters of the physical features of the Earth, the solar system, and the entire cosmos. This program is brought to you by God, maker of heaven and earth and other fine products!
* The Finely Tuned Parameters of the Universe: Barrow & Tipler, in their standard treatment, The Anthropic Cosmological Principle, admit that "there exist a number of unlikely coincidences between numbers of enormous magnitude that are, superficially, completely independent; moreover, these coincidences appear essential to the existence of carbon-based observers in the Universe," and include the wildly unlikely combination of:
- the electron to proton ratio with a standard deviation of 1 in 10 to the 37th
- the electron to proton mass ratio
- the gravitational force constant
- the electromagnetic force constant, and
- the electromagnetic force in the right ratio to the nuclear force, etc.
* The Whopping Physics Coincidence: NewScientist reports about gravity and acceleration that, "a large chunk of modern physics is precariously balanced on a whopping coincidence" for, regarding gravitational and inertial mass, "these two masses are always numerically exactly the same. The consequences of this coincidence are profound..."
* The Finely Tuned Parameters of the Earth include:
- Earth has a nearly circular orbit (eccentricity ~ 0.02)
- the Earth-Moon relationship
- the Moon's nearly circular orbit (eccentricity ~ 0.05)
- the just-right ozone layer
- the Earth's spin rate
- the atmospheric pressure
- the phenomenally harmonious water cycle
- the liquid water that exists because the Earth is the right distance from the Sun, etc.
- photosynthesis dependence on quantum physics as reported in the journal PNAS
- water doesn't break down because of quantum effects as New Scientist concludes, "We are used to the idea that the cosmos' physical constraints are fine-tuned for life. Now it seems water's quantum forces can be added to this 'just right' list."
Monthly Sermon MP3-CDs
Monthly Sermon CDs
Monthly Sermon Videos
Monthly Bible Study Audios
Monthly Bible Study Videos
Monthly Topical Videos
Monthly TV Classics
Monthly Best of Bob
Bible Studies MP3
Bible Studies DVD
BEL Video Library