* Mutually Exclusive: (Article updated: Feb. 18, 2019) In the public square, homosexuality and biblical Christianity are mutually exclusive. See kgov.com/homosexuality#bake-us-a-cake.
* The Year the Church Went Gay: Bob Enyart's 2014 sermon titled The Year the Church Goes Gay is sadly memorialized below in our unnecessary list. As we document in Focus on the History -- of Homosexual Rights, James Dobson has promoted homosexual rights for decades. (No, there's no typo there. Yes, you read that right.) Christian leaders maybe couldn't stop the nation from normalizing homosexuality. But they sure had the ability to protect their own church from embracing that perversion. However, instead of strengthening the church, they legitimized this moral corruption by claiming that they could only publicly advocate for as much as the culture might agree to. So they sought only to regulate perversion. In their moral relativism, they seek only to regulate inherently criminal acts. Thus they only attempt to regulate abortion, regulate pornography, regulate homosexuality, regulate "no-fault" divorce, regulate socialism, regulate adultery, etc. (2017 Prediction: Watch for Christian leaders over the next three years to advocate regulation of prostitution.)
* The List of "Christian Leaders" and "Conservatives" Going Gay
- The current president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear.
- Megachurch pastor and Charles Stanley's son Andy Stanley: "...no more are students going to feel like they have to leave the local church because they're same-sex attracted or because they're gay. That ends with us." (Even Dallas Theological Seminary affirms, rather than warns, Andy Stanley on his LGBT teaching.)
- Monsignor of the largest Roman Catholic parish in the U.S. (10,000 families) says the church must be more welcoming to homosexuals so they won't feel excluded by the church (and this he said in July 2017 after the Vatican itself has been hit with multiple molestation and homosexuality scandals in just the previous few months).
- National Evangelical Association
- World Vision (see below)
- Wheaton College (hires an unrepentant homosexual for "outreach"; etc.)
- The Southern Baptists hired an advocate of homosexual identity to train pastors at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- T.D. Jakes approves even of "gay" churches
- The Republican National Convention proud of (R) homosexuals
- Donald Trump homosexualizing Christians and getting the most politically active of them to stand and cheer for homosexual pride. Then as President, not satisfied with promoting perversion only at home, "As we celebrate LGBT pride month... My administration has launched a global campaign to decriminalize homosexuality..."
- Kanye West's Sunday Service hymn lyrics, "Hallelujah, let the light shine / It’s contagious / Here we are now, inspiration / God’s inclusive..."
- Mike Pence applauding "gay" rights and seperately, all smiles sending off a homosexual ambassador (of all things)
- Dennis Prager & Prager University
- Trey Pearson
- Country star Rory Feek of Rory and Joey who selfishly conflates love with approval and even refers to perversion as someon's "faith". (Jesus said that God made us male and female. Rory's not big on that anymore.)
- Turning Point USA and Charlie Kirk
- Vicky Beeching self-described lesbian activist for LGBT people (obviously hateful toward Qs)
- Byron Keith
- Pepperdine University, Seventh Day Adventist
- Pacific Union College, SDA
- Amy Grant
- Ray Boltz
- Jennifer Knapp
- The Christianity Today magazine founded by Billy Graham
- Former megachurch pastor Rob Bell affirming homosexuality
- Jars of Clay frontman Dan Haseltine tweets support even for "homosexual marriage"
- Ted Cruz upholding homosexual "rights"
- George W. Bush offered to perform homosexual wedding that H.W. officially witnessed
- Carson Nyquist, Dallas Seminary and Moody graduate interview with his father, the president of MBI, rejecting labelling homosexuality as sin
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- The Message Bible translator (see below)
- Rob Shenck former allegedly pro-life activist
- Southern Baptist megachurch pastor Robert Jeffress gives up on defending marriage between a man and a woman. (What, should we give up on saving unborn children, ending human trafficking, opposing socialism?)
- Curt Schilling of MLB, ESPN, and "amazing gay Christians" fame
- The Mormon "Church" cult advocates "homosexual rights"
- "Church" of Scotland now has homosexual "ministers"
- The Episcopal "Church" (U.S. Anglicans' first gay bishop divorce)
- United Methodist "Church"
- The "Church" of England's Vatican Envoy rejects Christ's resurrection; accepts transgender priests
- Evangelical Lutheran "Church" of America (ELCA, "fixated" on deviant sexual behavior)
- "Journalist" Jonathan Merritt & SBC supporters, Ed Stetzer, Russell Moore, Beth Moore, Gospel Coalition
- Focus on the Family (see below)
- Martin Gilbert, fellow at Hillsdale College
- Josh Harris "I Kissed Morality Goodbye"
- Tony Campolo (see below)
- Mercer University with David Gushee as their Professor of "Ethics"
- St. Petersburg, Florida, Roman Catholic Bishop Bobbie Lynch
- Presbyterian "Church" USA: June 2015 finalized their sin by amending their constitution "redefining marriage as 'a commitment between two people'"
- Mennonite "Church" USA
- Everyone at Fox News, those who themselves are homosexual, including Guy Benson, Amy Walter, and Shepard Smith (now gone), Tammy Bruce (of course, if conservatives want to watch homosexuals, they might as well just tune in to CNN), and those who aggressively support the bulk of the homosexual agenda including Breit Baier, Kennedy Montgomery, Tucker Carlson (who's also filthy), Eric Bolling, Dana Perino, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Greg Gutfeld, Geraldo Rivera, and Chris Wallace. And, like we said, everyone else at FNC, all of whom can be counted on when applicable to utter the phrase, "his husband." And of course, not a single person there, host or guest, is permitted to, or even would, warn their viewers about the sin and destructiveness of homosexuality.
- Pope Francis has a warm place in his heart for homosexuality. He went from his 2014 unloving and apathetic statement, "Who am I to judge?" to his 2016 "apostolic exhortation" urging greater acceptance of homosexuals to his 2018 "God made you like this and loves you like this and... the pope loves you like this. You have to be happy with who you are." Tragically, the Roman Catholic Church has catastrophically failed to learn the proper lesson of the priest molestation scandal which devastated thousands of families in the years following the "acceptance" of homosexuals in Catholic seminaries. As reported at kgov.com/pope, the first assignment that Francis gave to the teenage boys in his class in Argentina in 1964 was to read the writing of an openly homosexual author, and one of the boys in that class grew up to become one of Francis' many homosexual defenders. Francis has never repented from this very public sin. Sadly, it's not that Francis became the pope in spite of, but because of, his tenderness toward homosexuality. Present him with a thousand other behaviors that he despises though, politically incorrect actions like building a wall or rebuking Islamists, and his "Who am I to judge" goes right out the window and he becomes as harsh as he wants to be. The Bible does warn mankind against those who call good evil and evil good.
The CPAC legend Ryan Sorba explains that many Christians who meet "nice" homosexuals end up suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Instead of defending them, such Christians need to love a homosexual enough to share the truth: "Your behavior is an affront to God, a grotesque sin, and will destroy you."
Undoubtedly, any number of those who shouted Crucify Him had thrown fun dinner parties. Of course the homosexuals will do to the Protestant church the same thing they did to the Catholics. For an open-minded look at the absurdity of our day, see kgov.com/homosexuality.
- Tony Campolo: "It was that woman You gave me." Campolo is now calling "for the full acceptance of Christian gay couples into the Church", reversing his position, as he explains it, after his wife introduced him to nice homosexuals.
* Retractable blades can be even more dangerous than others: The following retracted their statements after Christians expressed outrage (and threatened to pull donations) for these efforts to legitimize homosexuality...
- Focus on the Family: As reported in the Denver Post, Dr. James Dobson's organization said they would support a homosexual being confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice.
- World Vision: Introduced homosexual employee spousal benefits.
- The Message Bible translator, reformed Presbyterian minister Eugene Peterson said he would perform a "same-sex wedding".
* The Increasing Acceptance of Immorality by Christians: As Bob Enyart Live interacts with Christians around the country we have been grieved by the acceptance of sexual immorality and the undermining of God's design for marriage by more and more believers. Examples of claims being made by Christians include the:
- false claim that entertainment with nudity is not sinful. Typical churchgoers for example
- false claim that shacking up is not sinful. See John 4:16-17
- false claim that you don't need to be legally married, only married before God. See kgov.com/marriage
- false claim that it would be right to decriminalize prostitution. Said a South Carolina megachurch ass't pastor, e.g.
- false claim that consuming pornography is not sinful. See the Sermon on the Mount
- false claim that polygamy is not sinful. See kgov.com/polygamy
- false claim that listening to expletive-filled music with sex and blasphemy (like from Kanye West) is not sinful
- false claim that social nudity is not sinful. See our debate at kgov.com/nudism
- false claim that homosexuality is not sinful. See above.
As we endure all this sin in the camp, here at BEL we remember too the verses that tell us that God is burdened by man's sin.
* The Fall of the Bishopric: Bob and co-host Doug McBurney dissect the Catholic Bishops' horrific working paper on their upcoming compromise on homosexuality and the guys await the group's next paper on compromise on other forms of sexual immorality.
* Fox News for Church: Fox News’ poor Chris Wallace hosts a talk show instead of going to a Sunday worship service. If you watched yesterday's October 12th episdoe, it's obvious that he (and Tony Perkins) would have been better off attending Denver Bible Church!
* Trying to Catch Up: There's a somewhat helpful chart at Wikipedia's List of Churches Going Gay.
* Of Course Hollywood Has Always Been Gay: For example, at 28 minutes into James Cagney's 1931 Public Enemy, the tailor was a homosexual.
* Poor Drew Brees Can't Win for Losing: After filming a wonderful 23-second ad for Focus on the Family for their Bring Your Bibles to School Day (which itself would be far better as, Don't Go to School Day) the New Orlean's NFL quarterback backtracked after being accused of making a video for an anti-LGBTQLMNOP group by saying, "I was not aware any of the things they said about them lobbying for anti-gay [causes]… any type of messaging or inequality or any type of hate-related stuff. I was not aware of that at all. And again the video itself was just focused on National Bring Your Bible to School Day. It was not promoting any group. Certainly not promoting any group that is associated with that type of behavior. Because I know that there are, unfortunately, Christian organizations out there that are involved in that kind of thing and to me that is totally against what being a Christian is all about. Being a Christian is love, it's forgiveness, it’s respecting all, it’s accepting all." And apparently, it's NOT about respecting those who rebuke homosexuals NOR accepting ministries that obey God by calling "gays" to repentance.
* Worth Mentioning -- Chick-fil-A: As Joe Dallas put it after the fast-food chain announced that LGBTQ objections changed their giving plans, "these organizations, who’ll now lack Chick-fil-A support, are hardly dedicated to fighting lesbians and gays. In fact, they’re focused on issues having nothing to do with homosexuality. You’ll find no mention of gays on the websites of the Salvation Army, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, or the Paul Anderson Youth Home. No encouragement to target them. No sneering remarks about them. Heck, there aren’t even any references to evangelizing or ministering to them! You’ll only find that, as Christian organizations, they hold to a Biblical concept of sexuality and family life. For this alone they’ve lost the assistance of a former ally." Again, as Bob Enyart warns, "In the public square, homosexuality and Christianity are mutually exclusive."
* How is Your Own Church: As Jesus taught, all sins are NOT equal and we must judge! If your own church or denomination is trying to homosexualize you, that is, if they are working to get you to approve of, to no longer condemn, to actively tolerate, etc. this particularly horrific sin and perversion, for your own sake and especially that of your family, we suggest you flee to a safe place of worship. For as Jesus said, you can't put new wine into old wineskins. And please consider letting Bob@kgov.com know. Thanks!