* Mutually Exclusive: In the public square, homosexuality and Christianity are mutually exclusive. See kgov.com/homosexuality#bake-us-a-cake. "Legitimize" means to declare legally valid. Dr. James Dobson and many Christians have broken with Scripture and Judeo-Christian legal history by declaring homosexuality legally valid, rejecting Moses, Paul, and even the founding fathers and all U.S. law up until the 1960s and siding instead on the validity matter with the homosexuals, Humanists, Hillary, and Hollywood.
* Focus on the Family Promotes Gay Rights: Dr. James Dobson and Focus on the Family have spent more than 20 years advocating for homosexual rights from 1993 to 2014 and till today. (In 2014 Focus was joined by the Southern Baptist denomination. In 2015 they were joined by the Mormon church. By 2017 they've been joined by just about everybody as per KGOV's Superfluous List of Christians and Conservatives Going Gay. And for related information, see prolifeprofiles.com/focus). With their home state of Colorado enacting the most hostile homosexual law against Christians in American history, Focus on the Family's own policies moved them to ignore the governmental censorship authorized by what originated as Senate Bill 200 which forbids publication in any form of biblical teaching on homosexuality. Christian teachings, pamphlets and books against homosexual marriage, homosexual adoption, etc., are now illegal in Colorado (though KGOV does not expect the state to attempt to enforce this corrupt law until they feel the time is right and when they have an especially unsympathetic "offender").
* To See Colorado's Censorship Law:
- Click on the image on the right, or
- See the law right here on BEL, or
- Go to the official Colorado Revised Statues by clicking this link: 24-34-701, and then click eight more time. (Yes, 8.) Click: I agree; then click Colorado Revised Statutes; then + Title 24 Government - State; then + Administration; then + Principal Departments; then + Article 34 Department of Regulatory Agencies; then + Part 7 Discriminatory Advertising; then 24-34-701 Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden. So, thanks to our government's efficiency, now you are there!
* The Bathroom Caricature: Dr. James Dobson's Focus on the Family discussed and opposed only one aspect of this law, that it would allow men in women's restrooms. (Update: Nine years later, that became a national issue.) However that bathroom aspect is the least devastating part of the SB 200 attack on Christians. Why has Focus on the Family ignored that SB 200 criminalizes the publishing of Christian teaching on cohabitation and homosexuality? Here at BEL we expose the liberal in the conservative. (Thus today for the most part, a conservative is a Republican trying to save a social program started by a liberal.) So, if you want to understand why Focus on the Family has systematically ignored our Christian censorship law, we recommend that you Focus on the History of homosexual rights in Colorado.
In 1992, Focus vice president Tom Minnery and their public policy group, along with the well-meaning but short-sighted Will Perkins and Kevin Tebedo at Colorado for Family Values, steered the Body of Christ down a tragic path of appeasement with humanists and homosexuals by caving in to gay political correctness. In a statewide Colorado campaign on Amendment 2, Dr. Dobson actually advocated, and this is shocking even to recall, "equal rights" for homosexuals. That initiative, reasonably designed to stall the homosexual agenda, succeeded by passing with 54% of the vote, a statewide majority, bolstered by Dr. James Dobson's unwise but opportunistic promotion of the campaign slogan of "equal rights, not special rights" for homosexuals. Winning that battle gave Christians a short-lived victory that is costing them the war. Since Dr. Dobson advocated equal rights for homosexuals, he has lost his standing to recognize, let alone oppose, the real devastation of Colorado's SB 200: the criminalizing of traditional Christian and biblical teaching on homosexuality. If the bill's sponsors would amend it protecting toilets from cross-gender intrusion, it seems Focus on the Family would be at a loss to continue their criticism. Because Dr. Dobson has trusted lawyers, moral relativists and secular humanists to direct Christianity's current spiritual warfare, increasingly believers are looking elsewhere for substantive political, moral, and spiritual leadership. Thus, Christians have opposed a cartoon version of this sweeping anti-Christian law, complaining that it will allow men in women's toilets, when in reality, SB 200 is the most far-reaching, hostile homosexual attack on Christians America has ever seen. (See below or the May 22, 2008 Bob Enyart Live show for the censorship excerpts from the law itself).
* John Roberts Promotes "Gay Rights": [2020 Update: Roberts stabs morality and justice in the back joining Gorsuch with their radical pro-trannie, pro-homosexual, opinion further forcing perversion on America.] As for being short-lived, Amendment 2 was overturned with the help of John Roberts, who was then merely a prominent Washington D.C. law partner who in 1995 specialized in oral arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court. Years later, Dr. Dobson actually lobbied for that attorney and with Christian support, Roberts was then confirmed as chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Dobson was an apologist for this Republican, but manifestly anti-Christian, lawyer, arguing a decade later in 2005 on his Focus on the Family radio program that Christians should support Roberts' confirmation because he could not be held responsible for his volunteer work for the homosexual group that sued to reverse Colorado's Amendment 2. Dr. Dobson stated that Roberts' pro-homosexual activism in reversing that rare godly vote of the people was the equivalent of a secretary processing papers for her boss, in that she would have no responsibility for their content. Ignoring the situational ethics claim of that argument, Roberts wasn't a law clerk; he was a partner in a "prestigious" D.C. law firm, who knowingly and voluntarily helped the homosexuals pave the way for the eventual criminalization of Christian teaching. Thus, as proven in our DVDs, Focus on the Strategy I & II, Focus on the Family has adopted legal positivism, which is moral relativism in the courtroom, leaving them unable to provide godly Christian leadership until Dr. Dobson is replaced or repents.
The most effective way to reduce the number of Americans going to hell as a result of homosexuality is to restore God's application of the law against homosexuality (1 Tim. 1:8-10; see also Gal. 3:24-25; Rom. 3:19; and 7:7). All our founding fathers believed that homosexuality was a crime and the laws of America outlawed that behavior until the last few decades. These laws were consistent with Moses, the Old and New Testaments, all of Judeo-Christian history and American history. Hillary, Hollywood, humanists, homosexuals, politicians, the media and the public education system oppose these laws. We Christians should defend traditional biblical morality. Otherwise, we help the enemy achieve their number one agenda goal of the homosexual community, that of legitimizing homosexuality. For homosexuality destroys a thousand-fold more Americans than do Islamic terrorists. And Christians unwittingly help them destroy our families. The law is the great teacher and decriminalizing sodomy, adultery, and fornication is making it harder to convince people of their sin and their need for forgiveness. It is, therefore, growing more difficult to share the Savior with a generation of Americans who no longer believe their promiscuity is sinful. Leaders must teach Christians to work toward recriminalizing homosexual behavior, to re-stigmatize it, and lastly, to encourage individual homosexuals to repent. You can learn more about this issue in our seminar, God's Criminal Justice System, and see how these truths help lead homosexuals to the Lord in our best-selling DVD, Terry's Call.
* Colorado's Homosexual Law Censoring Christians: Governor Bill Ritter on May 29, 2008 signed into law the stealth Senate Bill 08-200 (read it online) which is an attack on free speech and Christian teaching. This government censorship amends as follows Colorado state law: "Section 8. 24-34-701. Publishing of discriminative matter forbidden. No person, being the owner, lessee, proprietor, manager, superintendent, agent, or employee of any place of public accommodation... shall publish, issue, circulate, send, distribute, give away, or display in any way, manner, or shape or by any means or method, except as provided in this section, any communication, paper, poster, folder, manuscript, book, pamphlet, writing, print, letter, notice, or advertisement of any kind, nature, or description THAT is intended or calculated to discriminate or actually discriminates against... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... in the matter of furnishing or neglecting or refusing to furnish to them or any one of them any lodging, housing, schooling, or tuition or any accommodation, right [marriage], privilege [adoption], advantage, or convenience... on account of... SEXUAL ORIENTATION, marital status... [which] is unwelcome or objectionable or not acceptable, desired, or solicited."
* 2009 Update: A year after this program, a spokesman told a leftist journalist that in principle, Focus on the Family does do not oppose a homosexual from being confirmed to the U.S. Supreme Court. Aside from the moral affront to God such a rebellious move would represent, a homosexual Justice presumably would rule against virtually every public policy objective of Focus including the protection of marriage between a man and a woman and the protection of school children from being taught that homosexuality is a morally legitimate lifestyle.
* 2017 Update: Notable by their absence, Focus on the Family does not appear on the Southern Poverty Law Center's "Hate Map". Truth is hate to those who hate the truth, and Jesus Christ said I am Truth. Thus, inclusion on the SPLC list is a badge of honor. For Jesus taught us that if they hated Me they will hate those who follow Me, and blessed are those persecuted for righteousness sake (though not all so blessed and honored by SPLC admit that heavenly perspective). So, the larger Christian groups warning families and the public about the sin of homosexuality stand out in today's perverse culture, and thus for their efforts to protect people from the homosexual agenda the SPLC lists as haters groups including Abiding Truth Ministries, Alliance Defending Freedom, American College of Pediatricians, the Wildmons' American Family Association, Chalcedon Foundation, D. James Kennedy Ministries, Fath2Action, Family Research Council, Family Research Institute, Kevin Swanson's Generations with Vision, Liberty Counsel, Mass Resistance, Pacific Justice Institute, Pass the Salt Ministries, Pray in Jesus Name Project, and the Traditional Values Coalition. Some of these groups are rather small, and overall, some are even rather liberal. So, ask yourself, how is it that the Southern Poverty Law Center hasn't put Focus on the Family on the anti-homosexual hate list?
* Update: Bob Enyart continues to distribute, directly and through agents, an illegal flyer, most recently at Denver's People's Fair, and on May 30th, at the Colorado State Capitol giving copies of the contraband to Governor Bill Ritter's staff and to officers with the Colorado State Police. (You can download the IllegalEnyartFlyer here.).
* Urgent Request: Bob Enyart Live has been so involved in fighting the culture war, that over the past months, Bob has overlooked the financial stability of his own radio outreach. If you value the biblical teaching and influence BEL brings to our world, please consider a sacrificial one-time or monthly donation to BEL, or subscribing to a BEL resource, or purchasing the Enyart Library (greatly improved from the photo to include only CDs and DVDs) or some of the fascinating BEL books, DVDs, and Bible Study resources!
* Please Help with a Personhood Project: If you can, please volunteer to help on one of these projects:
- Team131: "If you're able to spend at least five hours at your PC helping with a vital online project!" -Bob
- Travel: if you can travel outside the state, in July or August, for a few days and cover your own expenses, Bob will be traveling on very important out-of-state missions in support of Colorado's personhood amendment effort! Would you like to go? If so, please let ARTL know at 1-888-888-ARTL!
- Metro Team: if you're able to come out occasionally for an important project in the Denver area, please let Donna at CRTL know!
* Drive Denver's Truth Truck: Colorado Right To Life's Truth Truck coordinator, Vick Lopez, wants to know if you (yes, you!) can volunteer to drive. Please call CRTL at 303 753-9394 if you think you can drive their standard transmission Truth Truck on a two-hour route once every week or two!
* Collaborators Project Sign Up: Please consider signing up for the CollaboratorsProject.com email updates!
Today's Resources: Please help BEL continue to reach more people! We need your help today! By subscribing to the Monthly Sermons resource, every month the U.S. Mail will deliver Bob's sermons to your door. Also, you can consider subscribing to the BEL Televised Classics on DVD (to see the educational and often hilarious, and sometimes intense, episodes from Bob's nationally syndicated TV show). And you can subscribe to our monthly Bible Study Albums, or our monthly topical Videos! In fact, you could also sign up to donate monthly to BEL. These resource subscriptions will help you grow spiritually and intellectually! So many have reported that the biblical knowledge they gain from these resources is so practical that it has helped them improve: their marriages and other relationships, parenting and grand-parenting, work relationships, evangelizing, and so many general life skills! And of course, subscribing to one or more of these services will not only help you, at the same time you will be helping KGOV continue to reach more people with our biblically-based worldview!
PREDICTION: We previously wrongly predicting that by the end of 2015, i.e., by seven years after Colorado adopted its censorship law, with so many church groups and leaders accommodating or even promoting perversion, that the government will be emboldened to charge an especially unsympathetic defendant with violating state law (C.R.S. 24-34-701) in an attempt to censor our God-given free speech and warnings against homosexuality. We now extend that prediction to be fulfilled by the year 2020.
* Related: kgov.com/james-dobson-focus-on-the-family-morality-in-media-defend-legalized-porn.