* Enyart and Michael Sugar Air the Closing Statements: Bob Enyart and co-host Michael Sugar air the Closing Statements from Bob’s Open Theism debate with reformed theologian James White. Join Bob and Michael as they listen to and comment on James White’s summation. Questions to ponder: Can God be trusted with free will? If so, why? Do Calvinists believe that God has done away with His own free will? Why would God do away with His own free will? If God had free will for eternity past, and does not have free will for eternity future, is that a change in God? In debates with open theists, why do settled view advocates constantly indicate that God would be utterly unable to intervene in any circumstance to accomplish His will, even to being unable to make a rooster crow? Why do settled view advocates suggest that if God didn't see it, or decree it, that He would be utterly helpless? Three bonus questions for Calvinists: 1. How does God ensure that men do wicked things exactly as He eternally decreed them? 2. Why does God contemplate whether or not to do things that allegedly have been eternally decreed and settled (like in Gen. 18, "Should I tell Abraham")? 3. Does God have criteria for whom He chooses to elect or is He merely arbitrary?
* Broadcasting James White's Open Theism Debate: By broadcasting last week's open theism debate between Dr. James White and Pastor Bob Enyart, that event before a live audience of 150 people at Denver's Brown Palace hotel is now being heard by a few thousand people tuning in to America's most powerful Christian radio station, the 50,000-watt AM 670 KLTT. The nationwide audience listening via our own KGOV.com should bring the listenership to more than 10,000 people. Adding to those efforts at dissemination, with the entire debate available right now at opentheism.org, and with the soon-to-be-released paperback and Kindle and e-book versions to be sold at Amazon.com and elsewhere, we are praying that more than 100,000 people will be edified by this historic event. Please pray!
* Other BEL Radio Programs in this Series:
- James White vs Bob Enyart on Open Theism on BEL
- James White vs Bob Enyart: The Rebuttals
- Enyart Cross-Examines White
- White Cross-Examines Enyart
- White vs. Enyart Closing Statements (this program)
- More of Bob's debates at kgov.com/debates!
* Today's Resource: Check out the format and perspective that's most helpful to your desire to evaluate these issues. At our KGOV Store: we have presentations on DVD called Chosen: It's Not What You Think, on Open Theism, on Predestination & Free Will and a moderated P&FW Debate! Also, you can get the P&FW seminar in an audio format on a single MP3 CD). You can also call 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278) to order or to talk with us about which of our DVDs, books, or CD audio teachings may interest you!
For more information, see:
- Bob's classic Open Theism Debate with D. James Kennedy's professor of New Testament Dr. Samuel Lamerson.
- Our heavily Bible-based article, Is God In Or Outside of Time.
- A brief and fast-moving written Q&A between Will, a former BEL producer, and "Jaltus" in an Open Theism Debate with Will & Jaltus.
- Bob Enyart's debates with Dr. Larry Bray: The president of The North American Reformed Seminary (TNARS), Dr. Bray, twice debates Bob Enyart, the pastor of Denver Bible Church. The topics are: Is Calvinism Biblical? and Is the Future Settled or Open? (The host for these events, reformed believer David New, removed both of these debates from his site. We've rescued the first and put it back online, and Lord-willing we'll recover the second one.