* Real Science Radio Listens In to Spike Psarris: On this special edition of RSR, you'll hear audio from the stunning video, What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy. Spike Psarris, former engineer with the U.S. military space program lists some of the very many observations that seriously contradict the standard evolutionary scheme for forming the Solar System.
Get the Spike Psarris Video: What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy and his great Vol. II, on Our Created Stars and Galaxies! YOU'LL LOVE IT!
* Discover's Astronomer Attacks Psarris & RSR: Discover magazine's evolutionist Phil Plait accused Spike Psarris, of Creation Astronomy, of being deceptive because he uses the term "evolution" to describe naturalistic astronomy for, as Plait wrote, "evolution has nothing to do with astronomy." Instead of showing humility and dropping the issue, next Plait criticized Real Science Radio for our report on the spat, which included this comment: "Spike knocks it out of the park by showing the covers of covers of nine astronomy texts, each one with the word evolution in their titles, such as Solar System Evolution."
* RSR Talks About and With Spike Psarris:
- Honey Baby and Discover Mag's Phil Plait
- Spike Psarris on Astronomer Phil Plait and Evolution
- The Best Astronomy DVD Ever Made (this show)
* Father of the Big Bang Theory Talked "Evolution": The terminology which Plait himself uses, but objects to from creationists, goes back to the birth of the big bang. "The evolution of the world can be compared to a display of fireworks that has just ended... we try to recall the vanishing brilliance of the origin of the worlds." -Lemaitre.
Today’s Resource: Get the Spike Psarris DVD What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy! and Vol. II pictured here, Our Created Stars and Galaxies! Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine!
* One Dead Protein: Bob Enyart points out that even if a trillion universes all pulled together to overcome the odds of a protein forming and folding by chance, and natural processes produced the first protein... so what? All you'd have is a single, non-living protein.
* Analyzing the Great Works of Literature -- Via Spelling: Consider Phil Plait's summary explanation for biological evolution, which allegedly generated all of life's diversity. Plait claimed that the origin and diversification of species (genus, family, order, phylum, etc.) that is, neo-Darwinian evolution, is all about a "change in frequency of alleles", or, variations in genes. (This same claim arose when RSR debated atheist AronRa.) This "change in the frequency of alleles" explanation of life's diversity is as insufficient an approach to understanding life as it would be to attempt to comprehend the evolution in the great works of literature by focusing on spelling variations.