* 200 Generations from Adam until RSR: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss the April 2013 issue of Creation magazine that points out that when evolutionary geneticists find evidence that the diversity in mankind's DNA can be accounted for with measured rates of mutation in merely 200 generations, that this is the same number of generations that have lived on Earth since Adam (as creationists have previously published, based on a straightforward reading of biblical chronology, years before the publication of the current scientific estimates).
* From the Bible to the Journal Nature: A paper published on Bob's birthday :) by the journal Nature, the January 10, 2013 article on ... The Recent Origin of Most Human Protein-coding Variants, presents, as summarized by geneticist co-author Joshua Akey, "Most of the mutations that we found arose in the last 200 generations or so. There hasn’t been much time for random change or deterministic change through natural selection.” In a related study, a 2012 paper in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology (Eugenie Scott's own field) on High mitochondrial mutation rates shows that one mitochondrial DNA mutation occurs every other generation, which, as creationists point out, indicates that mtEve would have lived about 200 generations ago!
* First Blue Eyes as Few as Six Thousand Years Ago: Really! We creationists just can't make this stuff up! (And we wouldn't either. :) Based on a paper in Human Genetics, a press release at Science Daily reports:
New research shows that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor. A team at the University of Copenhagen have tracked down a genetic mutation which took place 6-10,000 years ago and is the cause of the eye colour of all blue-eyed humans alive on the planet today.
* Leading Evolutionist Flew the Atheist Coop: Anthony Flew, one of the world's leading atheists, shocked the world's Darwinian Marketing Reps when he rejected atheism and conceded that the evidence of molecular biology establishes the logical requirement that a transcendent creator must have designed life on earth.
For today's show Bob & Fred recommend Walt Brown's life's work:
In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood!
* Dumber and Dumber: Humans are not getting smarter, but dumber. A Stanford researcher has estimated that as a result of mutations during the last 120 generations or so, we have all sustained two or more degradations that actually lower each person's intelligence (IQ).
* RSR Flashback #1: Bob and Fred recall a 2010 Real Science Radio program on The Energy Order of the Universe about the entropy of the universe, and the required initial low entropy (i.e., high organizational state) of the universe. The guys were able to do this great show because of the fascinating article in the Fall 2009 Creation Research Society Quarterly by James Powell on the energy burned by stars throughout the universe!
* RSR Flashback #2: The guys also recall a 2012 RSR program, Walter ReMine on Haldane's Dilemma, with engineer and information expert Walter ReMine on the "speed limit of evolution" as discovered by a founder of population genetics, J.B.S. Haldane, one of the leading evolutionists of the 20th century.
* RSR Flashback #3: The guys recall the great RSR Caveman Show with the embarassing video (which they hid beneath the bottom of the show summary for that program) of them dressed up like cavemen at Denver's Red Rocks Park.
* We Met Our $25,000 Telethon Goal! Thank you to everyone who gave online and purchased DVDs, Books, and Debates from the Science Department of our online store! You've kept us going strong for another year. May God bless you!!
Today’s Resources: Have you browsed through the Science Department in our KGOV Store? Check out especially Bob’s interviews with a great scientist in Hydroplate Theory & Walt Brown On the Air and Dr. Brown’s fabulous book, In the Beginning! You’ll also love the superb kids radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And to order any of our BEL and 3rd-party resources, just call us at 1-800-8Enyart.
* 2013 RSR's Popular "List" Shows:
January: List of Not So Old Things
March: List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
May: List of Peer-reviewed Dino Soft Tissue Papers
July: List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
Sept: List of Scholars Doubting Darwinism and the Big Bang
Nov: List of the Fine Tuning of Creation