* Real Science Radio on the Energy Order of the Universe: Fred Williams and Bob Enyart discuss a fascinating article in the Fall 2009 Creation Research Society Quarterly by James Powell on the energy burned by stars throughout the universe and what that says about the original creation.
* Entropy Debate & Morris Errors: Bob and Fred talk about two entropy errors introduced by the beloved Dr. Henry Morris regarding entropy (including therefore about the energy burned by stars throughout the universe). In Bob Enyart's debate on Entropy & Evolution, he begins by listing these two errors from Dr. Morris and his Institute for Creation Research:
Morris Error 1: Henry Morris wrongly stated that the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics resulted from the Fall (Morris, Biblical Basis for Modern Science 1984, pp. 195-197; copied by countless others), as though a cup of hot cocoa would not have cooled down if left to sit in the Garden; and as though an oven could have continue to burn its fuel forever; etc. (For Bible students: "the Tree of Life" had the same purpose in the initial creation as it does in the New Creation; God put it in Eden, and later transferred the Tree of Life to heaven, to deal with the effects of entropy on the human body, so that "the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Rev. 22:2; Gen. 2:9, 16; 3:22). [Update: A talkorigins.org article on a visit to ICR's museum reports that the following quote appears as part of their 2nd Law of Thermodynamics exhibit, "The universal Second Law is the scientific reflection of God's curse on His created world because of sin." This is rejected by the belief that the Second Law was operational from the beginning of the creation.
Morris Error 2: Henry Morris (even though he began his work in the early decades after Bell Laboratories' discovery of information entropy, and it's parallel to thermodynamic entropy, still) should not have used the term Entropy as a synonym for the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics without much clarification. Entropy is NOT a manifestation of the 2nd law of thermodynamics. It is not. The reverse is true. The 2nd law is a manifestation of entropy.* As Quoted in Bob's Entropy & Evolution Debate: Timothy R. Stout, B.S. in physics from UCLA and a patent holder with 30 years of design engineering experience:
So, how do evolutionists… get around the problem of information entropy? … They treat entropy as an independent entity which can be transferred between its different forms. Thus a decrease in entropy associated with a fuel source is equated to the organization present in an information-driven system such as a [living] cell. In other words, thermodynamic entropy is assumed to be convertible into information entropy. … Entropy related to heat engines has nothing to do with entropy related to a Mozart symphony or to an information sequence.
* Energy Order Conclusion: Click this link to hear the conclusion of this show.
* Come Out to Your Local March for Life: Whatever state you live in, please come to the March for Life. If you're in Colorado, then you are cordially invited to Colorado's 2010 March for Life on the steps of the Capitol downtown at noon on Friday, January 22, 2010! Come on out. We'll have a FABULOUS TIME of fellowship!
* The Personhood Movement Has Exploded Into 40 States! So please help the state personhood efforts get the signatures they need to re-criminalize abortion! If you live in:
Colorado: could you help circulate the Personhood Colorado & Colorado RTL 2010 petition? If so, just click or call 303-753-9394.
California: please visit the CA Human Life Amendment site to get a petition and start collecting signature for the Lord and for the innocent child!
Any Other State: If you live in any other state, can you help to advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways?
We all need your help!
Today's Resource: Please consider emailing this helpful description of Focus on the Strategy II to another Christian who may be an asset in the personhood movement after viewing this groundbreaking DVD!