Welcome to Real Science Radio: with co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams talking about science to debunk evolution and to show the evidence for the creator God including from biology, genetics, geology, history, paleontology, archaeology, astronomy, philosophy, cosmology, and physics. (For example, mutations will give you bad legs long before you'd get good wings.) Not only do we get to debate Darwinists and atheists like Lawrence Krauss, AronRa, and Eugenie Scott, and easily take potshots from popular evolutionists like PZ Myers, Phil Plait, and Jerry Coyne, but we also occasionally interview the outstanding scientists who dare to challenge today's accepted creed that nothing created everything.
* America's Most Prolific Serial Killer: RSR host Bob Enyart interviews Phelim McAleer, co-author with his wife Ann McElhinney, of Gosnell: The untold story of America's most prolific serial killer, about Philadelphia's abortionist Kermit Gosnell. As a spokesman for American Right To Life and a 25-year talk radio host, Enyart brings a unique perspective to the interview. Bob was thankful when McAller described the horror, not only of Gosnell's "bad" abortions but even of the 40,000 "good" abortions committed by one of the witnesses at Gosnell's trial, which testimony caused even the urban "pro-choice" jury to gasp. Bob also appreciated McAller's willingness to describe Gosnell's abortion mill as an indicator of what the abortion industry itself is like.
* Bob's 2-minute Contribution: Bob Enyart and RSR producer Larry Wolfe contributed to the viral undercover abortion videos phenomenon with this...
* Cold-case detective on RSR: Bob Enyart interviews J. Warner Wallace, cold-case homicide detective and adjunct professor of apologetics at Biola University about his books, God's Crime Scene and Cold-Case Christianity. Det. Wallace applies crime scene investigation techniques to the universe to determine if God is the most reasonable inference for the evidence.
* Forensic science is a type of historical science: Not unlike Det. Wallace, Real Science Radio applies the concept of forensic investigation to the study of the universe and thus beyond its customary criminal context. On a related matter, C.S. Lewis in Christian Reflections, pg. 77, wrote that, "If popular thought feels ‘science’ to be different from all other kinds of knowledge because science is experimentally verifiable, popular thought is mistaken. Experimental verification is not a new kind of assurance coming in to supply the deficiencies of mere logic. We should therefore abandon the distinction between scientific and non-scientific thought. The proper distinction is between logical and non-logical thought." Likewise, RSR notes a gradual broadening of the concept of forensics to include the use of scientific investigation to determine what events may have occurred in the past, whether criminal or not. (Examples include the "forensic investigation" of meteorites, soil engineering, Egyptian mummies, wetlands, fossils, plate tectonics, disasters, Neanderthals, American history, all history, and supernovae.)
* The interview's unexpected development: An unexpected development in the interview occurred when Wallace, a defender of America's criminal justice system, and Bob Enyart, an outspoken critic, disagreed with each other over Bob's widely quoted assessment that, "It's no longer a justice system, now it's just a system." With Det. Wallace praising the jury system, Bob referred to it as "justice by committee" and pointed out that juries provide zero accountability, even when evidently guilty murderers are freed to commit more crime, for they are staffed by essentially anonymous individuals who immediately disband after rendering their verdict. The guys did agree, however, that, biblically speaking, the two or three witnesses necessary for a conviction do not need to be eyewitnesses (physical and circumstantial evidence can do just fine). But then, briefly, they disagreed on the ubiquitous claim that America has "the best system in the world."
Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams conclude their discussion (see Part 1) of the astounding scientific discoveries and evidence that fill their popular list shows, such as their List of Not So Old Things, their List of Fine Tuning Evidence, and their List of Creation Science Predictions. The guys mention about 20 list shows and 10 more in the planning stages and ask for input on ideas and priorities from the audience.
Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams talk through the astounding scientific discoveries and evidence that fill their popular list shows, such as their List of Not So Old Things, their List of Fine Tuning Evidence, and their List of Creation Science Predictions. The guys mention about 20 list shows and 10 more in the planning stages and ask for input on ideas and priorities from the audience.
Telethon Update: We're at $9,000 [$12,500 as of 2/22] of our vital $30,000 goal in our annual February telethon! So THANK YOU so much to everyone who has given so generously! As a gift for a donation of $100 or more or for signing up for our monthly subscription (call 800-8Enyart or go to store.kgov.com) we'll send you a Thank You gift of Walt Brown's book In the Beginning AND of Bob's Big Bang video!
The mainstream media should be running weekly headlines
updating the public on the latest progress with targeted antibody treatment.
For some reason though, for now, if you want to keep up with the latest astounding
cancer treatment developments, you'll have to keep tuning in to BEL and Real Science Radio!
* Targeted Antibodies Cancer Treatment Revolution: Among the stunning results for targeted antibodies cancer treatment, CBS News reported on 35 terminally-ill advanced-stage leukemia sufferers. The disease went into remission in 94%, or 33 of 35 patients. Dr. Michael Grossbard, New York University's Perlmutter Cancer Center leukemia specialist told CBS News, "Oncologists are reluctant to use the word extraordinary. But these [results] are extraordinary. These are really remarkable findings..." Now this, right up the street from RSR's studio...
* ArcherDX in Boulder, Colorado: ArcherDX spearheaded the effort to extend the life of 12-year old Zaida. Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviews Archer's CEO Jason Myers to discuss Zaida's case and to get a better understanding both of this revolution in cancer treatment and of how targeted immunotherapy works. Studies in the U.S. and the U.K. are seeing hundreds of patients with many types of cancer virtually "cured", as some oncologists are now putting it. Not every patient though responds well, and some few have even died from the treatment. Update: Sadly, Zaida herself passed away on March 10, 2017 and RSR is hoping to learn the specific cause. Overall though, the widespread success is stunning. ArcherDX provides the technology so that a patient's doctor can find out quickly what specific mutations may be causing the cancer. Now, a growing number of oncologists will be offering their patients the greatest of hope through individualized treatment that, like an archer aiming at a target, just might hit the bullseye. Online at ArcherDX.com, this next-generation sequencing (NGS) firm develops what is called target enrichment chemistry.
* Cancers Already Being Successfully Treated: People suffer from more than 100 major types of cancer. And while antibody treatment has resulted in some relatively rare autoimmune or other negative and even lethal side effects, the much more common positive treatment experiences range in degree, from stopping further tumor growth, to actually shrinking tumors, to major remission, and even to apparent cure. The types of cancer already being successfully treated with immunotherapy, using either the inhibitor or the re-targeting approach, include:
- Lung cancer (non-small cell with 30-50% response rates as of Feb. 2017)
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Lymph node cancer
- Melanoma skin cancer
- Kidney (renal cell) carcinoma - Bladder (urothelial) cancer
- Head cancers
- Neck cancers
(Please don't hesitate to email updates to this list to Bob@rsr.org.)
* Handy List of Targeted Antibodies Trials, Success Stories, and RSR Broadcasts: The public awareness of the current revolution is cancer antibody treatment should explode from the 2015 to the end of 2017. As with all medicines, patients respond with great variability. However, the following results and ongoing trials though are greatly encouraging:
* Real Science News: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss highlights from Fred's presentation at the most recent second Friday meeting of the Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship. Fred's theme was Fake News, and that from mainstream news and science publications.
* Fake Science News: The guys first address the Fake News that mutations and natural selection can explain the diversity of life on earth by adding the Templeton Foundation to their list of those who Doubt Darwin. And they dismantle the Fake News that the chimp genome is 98% percent the same as the human genome, which is a mathematical impossibility given that it's 10% larger! And they address the Fake News about australopithecine Lucy, who, as it turns out, fell to her death from a tree, the Fake News about Tiktaalik, evolving into his ancestor, and the Fake News about Rodhocetus, the alleged early whale now stripped of his fluked tail, flippers, and blowhole!
* CREV Headlines on RSR: Bob Enyart welcomes back to Real Science Radio the former JPL employee David Coppedge to once again discuss amazing scientific discoveries. Coppedge is a former NASA Cassini Saturn mission lead ground systems administrator and author of the Creation-Evolution Headlines site over at crev.info. One might think that by now, secular scientists would have figured out how the Moon go there, it being the closest of all celestial bodies. Yet, while they want people to believe that they can explain how the universe got here, the galaxies, the stars, and the planets, in reality, they can't even explain how the Moon got here. The guys also discuss how the latest discoveries about Pluto and Ceres once again fundamentally contradict the secular worldview. And the guys discuss yet another mammal that ate dinosaurs, biomimetics, and the grotesque inhumanity inspired by Darwinism.
EVENTS -- RIDDLE: 7 p.m. Thurs., Feb. 2nd hear creationist Mike Riddle in Arvada, Colorado at Peace Lutheran Church and again there from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Sat., Feb. 4th attend Mike's "Beginning Creation Training" seminar!
EVENT -- ENYART: At 9 a.m. tomorrow, Saturday, January 28, come out to hear Bob Enyart as the keynote speaker at Colorado RTL's 2017 March for Life across the street from Denver's Planned Parenthood. UPDATE: See Bob's talk on the BEL YouTube channel or see it right here:
* RSR Interviews Illustra Media's Science Film Producer: Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart welcomes back Lad Allen of Illustra Media to discuss his latest film, ORIGIN: Design, Chance and the First Life on Earth. Featuring scientists Paul Nelson and Ann Gauger (and narration by Alvin Chea of Take Six), ORIGIN presents spectacular computer animation and cutting-edge research to examine the question that has baffled science: How did life on Earth begin? Today, most researchers insist it arose through simple chemistry that—without direction of plan—transformed inanimate matter into the first living cell. Yet, this explanation is devoid of evidence and unsatisfying, even to many of its most ardent supporters. As ORIGIN exposes the flaws of materialistic theories, you’ll travel through a molecular universe to encounter extraordinary biological engineering fundamental to the survival of every organism that has ever existed. Engineering that points clearly to intelligence and mind. RSR recommends: Buy ORIGIN now, at Amazon.com on DVD or Blu-ray!
* For the First Monday that Donald Trump Woke Up in the White House: (post-show update) See the full-page Washington Times ad run by Colorado Right To Life to urge the Congress, the Supreme Court, and the new Trump administration, to learn what is right and to do what is right, by the most innocent among us.
* Why Is There A Crack that Circles the Earth? Today's Real Science Radio program is the seventh in our continuing series, RSR's List of Answers to Hydroplate Theory Objections. Mechanical engineer Bryan Nickel talks with Bob Enyart about Michael Oard's objection to the global manner in which Walt Brown’s flood model presents the failure of the Earth's crust. Mr. Oard's critique of Dr. Brown's theory appears on creation.com, the (fabulous) website run by CMI, Creation Ministries International. If pressure in a subterranean chamber (the great deep) built up, Michael questions why the crust would "burst in a linear fashion" as explained by the HPT, and "not through one or several openings... as one would expect." Nickel explains the answer to Michael's objection using super slow-motion YouTube videos, and based on the laws of physics, and as found in Walt's book, In the Beginning. Also, Bryan clarifies Oard's statement, making it clear that the HPT does not claim that the fountains burst forth "through the MOR [mid-oceanic ridge]" but that before the flood, there was no MOR! Rather, the globe-encircling mid-oceanic ridge is a scar left over from the fountains and roughly traces the crack.
* Super Slow Motion Video Illustrates Linear Failure: As explained by mechanical engineer Bryan Nickel, because of factors including
- elastic strain
- a form of potential energy known as strain energy
- kinetic energy
- stress concentration
materials commonly fail in a linear fashion, as illustrated by these super slow motion videos...
* Where did the Pacific's Continental Crust Go? For this sixth program in our continuing series, RSR's List of Answers to Hydroplate Theory Objections (see rsr.org/answers), Bob Enyart again interviews Kevin Lea, HPT expert and graduate of the U.S. Naval Nuclear Power Program, to discuss the "Missing Pacific Crust" objection to Dr. Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory. Decades ago, renowned geophysicist and creationist Dr. John Baumgardner objected to the HPT "claim that a layer of buoyant granitic crust currently lies beneath the Pacific basin. ...continental crust is readily distinguished from mantle rock by modern seismic techniques." And he argued for an "unmistakable absence of any thick layer of granitic crust in the Pacific basin." However, Lea and Enyart share the discoveries beneath the Pacific and Indian Oceans of many researchers, as published in the scientific literature, documenting the extensive "presence of continental-type crust in the oceans where oceanic crust might be expected [which] has been recognized from seismic information by a number of authors." (For more information, see rsr.org/albright and rsr.org/hpt.
* 2017 Show Update: More Sunken Continental Crust! Remember, all scientists work for Walt Brown. In this case, the Geological Society of America published in their peer-reviewed journal GSA Today that a 4.9 million square kilometer of "the southwest Pacific Ocean is made up of continental crust." 94% of that continental mass, dubbed Zealandia, is submerged. (See GSA's Flip PDF.)
As Walt Brown describes it, "Because the Pacific crust would not have dropped as “one huge block” (as early geologists thought), its thousands of fragments, buried under and within the magma that rose to the surface, will be difficult to detect seismically.However, the largest block, greater in area than India, is now recognized as a 94% submerged continent called, Zealandia."
* Today's Resource: To order RSR's #1 best-selling video (although our big bang video is catching up!), just click...
* Excerpts from RSR's Global Flood and Hydroplate Theory Video: We've excerpted our best-selling flood video which is available in full on DVD, Blu-ray, or download. We hope you enjoy this:
* Flood Video Menu Contents: Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart presents the scientific evidence for Dr. Walt Brown’s model of the global flood, along with the relevant biblical material. Enyart also discusses Brown's opponents and contrasts both the vapor canopy and catastrophic plate tectonics with the hydroplate theory.
DVD Vol. 1
1. Walt Brown, Creation Leaders, and Scripture
2. Hydroplate Theory & Scientific Evidence
DVD Vol. 2
3. Hydroplates vs. Plate Tectonics
Bonus: Origin of Earth's Radioactivity
The Blu-ray disc contains all parts on one disc.
* Get the Best Creation Science Book Ever Written: Just click on the cover of the book to purchase it from RSR (which also helps us to continue broadcasting)...