* Historical Evidence for the Exodus: Co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams continue their series on the historical evidence for Israel's sojourn in and their exodus from the land of Egypt. RSR previously interviewed filmmaker Timothy Mahoney on his fabulous Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus which is available everywhere including at our KGOV Store and at patternsofevidence.com. For RSR's list Bob and Fred also depend on the work of Brad Sparks who organized a recent scholarly Exodus Conference at the University of California, San Diego.
Real Science Radio
* Historical Evidence: Co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present a new Real Science Radio series in their popular List Shows format, this one on the historical evidence for Israel's sojourn in and their exodus from the land of Egypt. RSR previously interviewed filmmaker Timothy Mahoney on his fabulous Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus which is available everywhere including at our KGOV Store and at patternsofevidence.com. For RSR's list Bob and Fred also depend on the work of Brad Sparks who organized a recent scholarly Exodus Conference at the University of California, San Diego. (And here's Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, and our other fun RSR List Shows!)
* List of Evidence for the Exodus: This list is no substitute for the work of Mahoney and Sparks so we highly recommend the Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus film and Sparks' paper (and others) in Israel's Exodus in Transdisciplinary Perspective. And in our own RSR style, we have supplemented materials from Mahoney and Sparks with other generally available information.
- The Hebrews Gave the Word "Pharaoh" to the World: The etymology of the word Pharaoh looks back to the term for the palace of Egypt's king. Chilperic Edwards, one of the first scholars to translate the Code of Hammurabi, stated regarding the non-Egyptian origin of the title of their monarch: "Pharaoh was the name given by Hebrew writers to the king of Egypt." Most Egyptologists reject the historical basis for the Exodus, discounting any significant role for Abraham's descendants in Egypt. Yet language itself, one of the greatest of world treasures, is perhaps our most important historical monument. Thus, Israel's role in Egypt can be rediscovered by recognizing that the Jews gave to the world the Hebrew word Pharaoh, a word that eventually attained to common usage even by the ancient Egyptians themselves. See more at rsr.org/pharaoh.
The next item in this list is hardest to understand,
but understanding it enables consideration of much of the rest.
- Exodus Didn't Happen in the 13th Century BC: Great! Almost everyone agrees, from secular Egyptologists who reject the Exodus outright, to the vast majority of biblical literalists, these all agree that the Exodus did not happen in the 13th century BC or, for that matter, at anytime in Egypt's New Kingdom period. Tim Mahoney's Patterns of Evidence film highlights the primary argument used by archaeologists, like Norma Franklin and Israel Finkelstein, to dismiss the evidence for any Israelite presence in ancient Egypt. Dennis Prager has given his assessment of their argument and here's Bob Enyart's summary: "The Exodus never happened, but when it never happened was in the 13th century BC." In fact, 1270 BC is the exact date that many say that the Exodus didn't happen! However, if the Exodus occurred earlier, closer to 1500 BC, even if it left behind the mountain of evidence documented in Mahoney's film and elsewhere, the "13th century argument" prejudices experts and excludes much hard evidence even from consideration.
* Archaeologists Conflate the Name of "Ramses" with the Date of Building: Exodus 1:11 says that the Jews "built for Pharaoh supply cities, Pithom and Ramses", which may have housed public granaries. Secular Egyptologists are conflating the naming of this city with the date of the first construction at that location. This argues for consideration of Mahoney's work because it is by this conflation that evidence of the Hebrews in centuries before Ramses II, who built Pi-Ramsees, is systematically rejected. (Pithom and Ramses may be the storage facilities of Pi-Ramses.) To illustrate such an error, consider the Google search for: when was New York City founded...
* New York City Wasn't New York City Until Later: NYC wasn't "named" "New York" until 1664. "York" is a British name and when the Dutch founded the settlement in 1624 in the region they called "New Netherland", they soon constructed "Fort Amsterdam" and named the island "New Amsterdam". Four decades later the King of England granted the land to the "Duke of York" and it became New York. Google's result, consistent with countless other references, is not in error because "New York City" did not exist in 1624. (Istanbul was founded centuries before Christ as Byzantium, yet it's most common name was Constantinople from 330 A.D. until 1922.) It is so common that we often don't even think of it as anachronistic to use the current name for something even when referencing a time before that name came into use. Writing in Genesis, for example, Moses referred to God as YHWH describing events that occurred before he learned God's name in Exodus, and the land of Ramses was mentioned.
* An ancient city known to be built by Semites was absorbed into Ramses: Significant excavation has been accomplished at a Semite city called Avaris. What was found is presented in the Exodus film Patterns of Evidence and summarized in the bullets just below. It is therefore of interest, as reported even by Wikipedia, that, "Avaris was absorbed into the new city of Pi-Ramesses constructed by Ramesses II (1279–1213 BC)..." Thus there is a known Semite association with the building of the early settlement beneath Ramesses. This relatively new information could explain the "Ramesses" anachronism and therefore should caution archaeologists against dismissing all patterns of evidence for the Exodus excavated at that location simply on the claim that such evidence belongs to a date prior to Pharaoh Ramses II.
- Avaris in Goshen in Egypt's Nile delta was home to Semite population: Excavating the 15th-century BC Avaris, from beneath the southern sector of the 13th-century city of Ramses, Egyptologist Manfred Bietak has uncovered a large city, built on more than 600 acres, with residents who were Semites. (Bietak believes these Semites could not have been Israelites because the Exodus did not happen in the 13th-century BC.)
- Houses in Avaris were of foreign design: A significant percentage of the residences in Avaris were unlike Egyptian dwellings and distinctly built like the houses of northern Syria. The ground beneath some of these houses was used to bury their dead, which was a practice from Ur of the Chaldees, the place of Abraham's birth.
- Avaris became a major city of foreigners: Through thirty years of field work in Egypt's delta and uncovering one of the largest cities in the ancient world, Bietak estimates the population of the "huge town" of Avaris as between 25 and 30 thousand foreigners, "people who originated from Canaan Syria-Palestine". He adds, "Obviously, this town enjoyed something like a special status, like a free zone, something like that." Egyptologists have also noted that the prosperous Semitic residents of Avaris themselves owned no slaves. (Remember that Hebrews are one of the Semite people groups as the term anti-Semite sadly reminds us.)
* Genesis Is History: Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviews geneticist Dr. Rob Carter about his role in the Fathom Event movie, "Is Genesis History?" that just screened in theaters nationwide. The DVD & Blu-ray begins shipping April 11th, God willing! Bob and some brand new friends, RSR listeners, were among the audiences that gathered in nearly 700 theaters to enjoy "Genesis". On today's program, Rob Carter unravels the DNA molecule revealing the necessary top-down design of genetic information showing why a genome could not have originated one small undirected step at a time, but had to be planned from the outset.
* BEL YouTube 1,000 Subscriber Goal: We're about to reach our goal of 1,000 subscribers on the BEL YouTube channel! So to help, just click here to subscribe (it's free, and you'll just get a notification when we occasionally upload a new video). Thanks so much! - The BEL Crew
UPDATE: Thank you! We hit the 1,000 Subscribers level on our YouTube channel. So thank you to everyone who went over to youtube.com/BobEnyartLive and clicked "Subscribe". And if you haven't, it's not too late!
OUR NEXT GOAL -- 500,000 VIEWS: We just recently hit the quarter-million views threshold, and so now, Lord-willing and with your help, we're on our way to our next goal of half a million YouTube views! And by the way, since November of 2006, we've had 1.8 million visits to KGOV.com. Overtime, we'll share with you the most popular articles and radio programs. And then of course there are all the podcast sessions, live listeners on Colorado's most-powerful radio station, and the tens of thousands of books, videos, and audio resources that folks have purchased over the years from store.kgov.com. And through all of these avenues, we seek to promote the biblical worldview to strengthen believers and reach unbelievers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ (which, by the way, you can tweet or link to from your own website or post on your Facebook page; it's at kgov.com/gospel).
* About Dr. Carter: With Creation Ministries International (creation.com), Rob Carter spent several years teaching high school biology, chemistry, physics and electronics before venturing off to the University of Miami, where he earned a Ph.D. in marine biology. He is one of the 15 Ph.D. scientists in Evolution’s Achilles’ Heels and one of the scholars in The Voyage that Shook the World, a docudrama that traces Darwin's journey from England, to South America and the Galapagos islands. And don't forget the magazine! Dr. Carter is also a contributor to what is RSR's most-oft recommended creation periodical, Creation magazine available at creation.com/mag!
* RSR Rob Carter Interviews and Related Resources: Just click on over to rsr.org/carter to find all things Rob Carter here on Real Science Radio, or peruse this list to enjoy something that should absolutely amaze you...
Related Story: Four days after this RSR program aired, the European Space Agency
announced that they had filmed an actual landslide on Comet 67P,
an allegedly four billion year-old flying pile of rounded boulders and ice,
yet another phenomenon for our List of the Solar System's Transient Events.
* Dozens of Recently Fallen Geological Attractions: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present a list of dozens of notable geologic features, many of them claimed to have formed over hundreds of thousands or millions of years, which have recently collapsed. However, if Earth's geological tourist attractions of structures like spires and arches actually were that old, then mathematically, we would not expect to see gravity destroying so many of them so rapidly. The old-earth model and its rejection of the global flood is challenged by the observation that on average over the past half century, more than one collapse of a notable arch or other geological attraction occurs per year, without anything like an offsetting replacement formation rate of new gravity-defying attractions. Thus these thousands of known geological features were formed by an intensity of geological processes not at work today and the population of them, far from being steady, is dwindling.
* List of Earth's Collapsing "Ancient" Features: We thank Creation magazine and David Catchpoole for assembling his list which then became the beginning of our own. So welcome to RSR's newest list, which is a subset of our List of the Transient Events in the Solar System. Thus, here's our list of the collapsed notable arches, etc. with no similar number of offsetting arches forming.
- Eye of the Needle on the Missouri River in Montana, the famous Lewis and Clark arch, first documented in 1805, which collapsed evidently from natural causes in 2002.
- Malta's Azure Window, the picturesque limestone arch on the famed Mediterranean island, is no longer as of March 7, 2017. Unlike many of the other formations in this list, an ancient heritage is not claimed for the Azure Window, but instead, that if formed a mere 500 years ago. (And still standing are 26 more arches on Malta's islands including the nearby Wied il-Mielah "Window".)
- London Bridge in South Australia was a natural arch formation on the coast that, since 1990, is no longer.
* America's Most Prolific Serial Killer: RSR host Bob Enyart interviews Phelim McAleer, co-author with his wife Ann McElhinney, of Gosnell: The untold story of America's most prolific serial killer, about Philadelphia's abortionist Kermit Gosnell. As a spokesman for American Right To Life and a 25-year talk radio host, Enyart brings a unique perspective to the interview. Bob was thankful when McAller described the horror, not only of Gosnell's "bad" abortions but even of the 40,000 "good" abortions committed by one of the witnesses at Gosnell's trial, which testimony caused even the urban "pro-choice" jury to gasp. Bob also appreciated McAller's willingness to describe Gosnell's abortion mill as an indicator of what the abortion industry itself is like.
* Bob's 2-minute Contribution: Bob Enyart and RSR producer Larry Wolfe contributed to the viral undercover abortion videos phenomenon with this...
* Cold-case detective on RSR: Bob Enyart interviews J. Warner Wallace, cold-case homicide detective and adjunct professor of apologetics at Biola University about his books, God's Crime Scene and Cold-Case Christianity. Det. Wallace applies crime scene investigation techniques to the universe to determine if God is the most reasonable inference for the evidence.
* Forensic science is a type of historical science: Not unlike Det. Wallace, Real Science Radio applies the concept of forensic investigation to the study of the universe and thus beyond its customary criminal context. On a related matter, C.S. Lewis in Christian Reflections, pg. 77, wrote that, "If popular thought feels ‘science’ to be different from all other kinds of knowledge because science is experimentally verifiable, popular thought is mistaken. Experimental verification is not a new kind of assurance coming in to supply the deficiencies of mere logic. We should therefore abandon the distinction between scientific and non-scientific thought. The proper distinction is between logical and non-logical thought." Likewise, RSR notes a gradual broadening of the concept of forensics to include the use of scientific investigation to determine what events may have occurred in the past, whether criminal or not. (Examples include the "forensic investigation" of meteorites, soil engineering, Egyptian mummies, wetlands, fossils, plate tectonics, disasters, Neanderthals, American history, all history, and supernovae.)
* The interview's unexpected development: An unexpected development in the interview occurred when Wallace, a defender of America's criminal justice system, and Bob Enyart, an outspoken critic, disagreed with each other over Bob's widely quoted assessment that, "It's no longer a justice system, now it's just a system." With Det. Wallace praising the jury system, Bob referred to it as "justice by committee" and pointed out that juries provide zero accountability, even when evidently guilty murderers are freed to commit more crime, for they are staffed by essentially anonymous individuals who immediately disband after rendering their verdict. The guys did agree, however, that, biblically speaking, the two or three witnesses necessary for a conviction do not need to be eyewitnesses (physical and circumstantial evidence can do just fine). But then, briefly, they disagreed on the ubiquitous claim that America has "the best system in the world."
Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams conclude their discussion (see Part 1) of the astounding scientific discoveries and evidence that fill their popular list shows, such as their List of Not So Old Things, their List of Fine Tuning Evidence, and their List of Creation Science Predictions. The guys mention about 20 list shows and 10 more in the planning stages and ask for input on ideas and priorities from the audience.
Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams talk through the astounding scientific discoveries and evidence that fill their popular list shows, such as their List of Not So Old Things, their List of Fine Tuning Evidence, and their List of Creation Science Predictions. The guys mention about 20 list shows and 10 more in the planning stages and ask for input on ideas and priorities from the audience.
* RSR's Popular LIST SHOWS: We hope you enjoy our tradition of occasionally updating the great information in our classic RSR List Shows! Here are some of our favorites:
- RSR's List of Not So Old Things
- List of Evidence Against the Big Bang
- List of Big Bang Predictions (try Googling those 3 words!)
- List of Fine Tuning Evidence
- List of Scholars Doubting Darwin
- List of Creation Science Predictions (try Googling that too!)
- List of Problems with "Lucy" as an Upright Walker
- List of Shocked Evolutionists
- List of Solar System Formation Problems
- List of Papers that Shock Potheads
- List of Carbon 14 Everywhere it Shouldn't Be
- List of Dinosaur Soft Tissue Discoveries
- List of Answers to Hydroplate Objections
- List of Proofs for the Genius of Ancient Man
- List of Earth's Collapsing "Ancient" Features
- List of Missing Transitional Fossils
- List of Genomes that Just Don't Fit
- List of Fresh Fossils
- List of Solar System Transient Events
- List of Creationist Fathers of Science
- List of Brain Dead Patients Who Have Recovered
- List of Evidence for the Exodus
- List of Whale Evolution Problems
Targeted Antibody Cancer Treatment Revolution: Regularly Updated Survey of the Field and an Interview with an Antibodies CEO
The mainstream media should be running weekly headlines
updating the public on the latest progress with targeted antibody treatment.
For some reason though, for now, if you want to keep up with the latest astounding
cancer treatment developments, you'll have to keep tuning in to BEL and Real Science Radio!
* Targeted Antibodies Cancer Treatment Revolution: Among the stunning results for targeted antibodies cancer treatment, CBS News reported on 35 terminally-ill advanced-stage leukemia sufferers. The disease went into remission in 94%, or 33 of 35 patients. Dr. Michael Grossbard, New York University's Perlmutter Cancer Center leukemia specialist told CBS News, "Oncologists are reluctant to use the word extraordinary. But these [results] are extraordinary. These are really remarkable findings..." Now this, right up the street from RSR's studio...
* ArcherDX in Boulder, Colorado: ArcherDX spearheaded the effort to extend the life of 12-year old Zaida. Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart interviews Archer's CEO Jason Myers to discuss Zaida's case and to get a better understanding both of this revolution in cancer treatment and of how targeted immunotherapy works. Studies in the U.S. and the U.K. are seeing hundreds of patients with many types of cancer virtually "cured", as some oncologists are now putting it. Not every patient though responds well, and some few have even died from the treatment. Update: Sadly, Zaida herself passed away on March 10, 2017 and RSR is hoping to learn the specific cause. Overall though, the widespread success is stunning. ArcherDX provides the technology so that a patient's doctor can find out quickly what specific mutations may be causing the cancer. Now, a growing number of oncologists will be offering their patients the greatest of hope through individualized treatment that, like an archer aiming at a target, just might hit the bullseye. Online at ArcherDX.com, this next-generation sequencing (NGS) firm develops what is called target enrichment chemistry.
* Cancers Already Being Successfully Treated: People suffer from more than 100 major types of cancer. And while antibody treatment has resulted in some relatively rare autoimmune or other negative and even lethal side effects, the much more common positive treatment experiences range in degree, from stopping further tumor growth, to actually shrinking tumors, to major remission, and even to apparent cure. The types of cancer already being successfully treated with immunotherapy, using either the inhibitor or the re-targeting approach, include:
- Lung cancer (non-small cell with 30-50% response rates as of Feb. 2017)
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Lymph node cancer
- Melanoma skin cancer
- Kidney (renal cell) carcinoma
- Bladder (urothelial) cancer
- Head cancers
- Neck cancers
(Please don't hesitate to email updates to this list to Bob@rsr.org.)
* Handy List of Targeted Antibodies Trials, Success Stories, and RSR Broadcasts: The public awareness of the current revolution is cancer antibody treatment should explode from the 2015 to the end of 2017. As with all medicines, patients respond with great variability. However, the following results and ongoing trials though are greatly encouraging:
* Real Science News: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss highlights from Fred's presentation at the most recent second Friday meeting of the Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship. Fred's theme was Fake News, and that from mainstream news and science publications.
* Fake Science News: The guys first address the Fake News that mutations and natural selection can explain the diversity of life on earth by adding the Templeton Foundation to their list of those who Doubt Darwin. And they dismantle the Fake News that the chimp genome is 98% percent the same as the human genome, which is a mathematical impossibility given that it's 10% larger! And they address the Fake News about australopithecine Lucy, who, as it turns out, fell to her death from a tree, the Fake News about Tiktaalik, evolving into his ancestor, and the Fake News about Rodhocetus, the alleged early whale now stripped of his fluked tail, flippers, and blowhole!