Update: We only need 11 more! Wow! Thanks to six listeners, we're getting so much closer to the 17 that we're praying for to meet our goal. Brian Enyart took over the studio on Monday. So today, for our science listeners, which is a larger audience, Bob agreed with the staff to allow his nephew Brian's program to air as a Real Science Radio show. Brian makes the case better than Bob could that BEL and RSR are in desperate need of your help.
What, again? Lately, everything rsr.org/rewrites-human-history
Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams celebrate another Workin' for Walt Brown science discovery. As published in the Nature journal Scientific Reports, a Mediterranean Megaflood they call the Zanclean Deluge contains tremendous new evidence of a tremendous high-energy infilling of the Mediterranean basin. The guys also enjoy reporting on another major discovery, that affirms their observation on last week's program, that land animal fossils are commonly found with marine fossils, as this week elephants and ground sloths are found with sea otters and whale bones! Then, Nature reports the oldest known human footprints in North America, 13,000 years old, except that they're about 300 million years younger than the human prints in Pennsylvanian sandstone that Bob photographed in McKee Kentucky! Then another major evolutionist prediction is falsified, as one of our own RSR predictions is confirmed, by, of all things, advanced trilobite guts!
* RSR's Photos of Human Prints in Sandstone: As promised on today's program...
See the rest of the photos at rsr.org/footprints.
NASA now agrees with Bob that there's no liquid water on Mars, though they had recently claimed otherwise. Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams have fun reporting Creation magazine news blurbs including that NASA has retracted their claim, something Bob brought up in his Stephen Hawking segment last week, and they're now admitting that there's no liquid water on Mars. Meanwhile, something that NASA, Stephen Hawking, and accused harasser Lawrence Krauss have never gotten around to sharing with the public, that water, being the universal solvent, is the enemy of forming the kinds of pre-biotic molecules, like amino acids and polymers, because water ruthlessly dissolves such chemical compounds. Water is essential to maintain life but if life could possibly arise naturally, which it can't, water would be one of the greatest hurdles prohibiting the assembly of thousands of molecules by dissolving them as quickly as they formed. The guys also, courtesy of CMI's Creation magazine, report on two new original biological material fossils, and on Clam National Monument and even more dinosaur bones (and everything else for that matter) being buried in a marine environment.
* Dear NASA, Water is the Enemy of Abiogenesis: Beware the ubiquitous bait-and-switch. Wherever water is found, NASA claims that would be a good place to search for evidence that life may have originated there. Yes, water is needed to maintain life. But as the universal solvent, outside of the controlled environment of a living organism, water relentlessly dissolves the chemical building blocks of life like amino acids, sugars including those of RNA and DNA, as well as all kinds of carbohydrates and countless other polymers. The journal Science stated that "water [is] lethal to the survival of DNA." The same goes for RNA and any fantastical RNA World, as even Stanley Miller, of 1952's Miller-Urey infamy, wrote in PNAS, "Sugars are known to be unstable in strong acid or base [and further] ribose and other sugars have surprisingly short half-lives for decomposition at neutral pH, making it very unlikely that sugars were available as prebiotic reagents." Scientific examination has always readily seen this evident truth. In 1955, the first known investigation into original biological material remaining in fossils, conducted by the Carnegie Institute, stated, "Ultimately in the presence of water these peptide bonds are broken", peptides being two or more amino acids linked in a chain. As foundational compounds of all living organisms, peptides are significant throughout every cell and are vital in most biological processes. Peptides comprise all proteins, most enzymes, various hormones (including unicellular ones), they transport nutrients and are cellular building blocks. And water dissolves them. Enzymes perform and vastly speed up the chemical reactions necessary for life yet water destroys both peptide and non-peptide Ribosome enzymes (which are not made from amino acids but from RNA). Thus NASA, the BBC, ESA, Nova, and science educators like Bill Nye and Neil deGrasse Tyson, ubiquitously use a bait-and-switch to manipulate their audiences. Whereas molecules like DNA and RNA easily dissolve in water, materialists exploit their audiences' gullibility and ignorance, along with water's known role in sustaining life, to pretend that it is an unquestioned asset for abiogenesis, to form life from the very chemical compounds that it would disassemble. And of course, because life is information-based, even more so than it is carbon-based, abiogenesis is impossible anyway. So, while it helps to maintain existing life, NASA, water is the enemy of "prebiotic" molecules.
A twenty-year event in the making finally becomes reality, Real Science Radio and Stephen Hawking, but sadly it’s during the week of the passing of the infamous physicist. So, if it's Bob Enyart vs. Stephen Hawking in cosmology, astronomy, and physics, who's more likely to be right? Well, check this video out and then you decide...
And from our rsr.org/stephen-hawking page:
* Hawking Fears Global Warming: So, he says, let's go to the Moon! Or even Mars! "Life on Earth is at the ever-increasing risk of being wiped out by a disaster such as sudden global warming..." The end-of-the-world doomsayer atheist Stephen Hawking wants mankind to respond to global warming and other apocalyptic fears (like nuclear war) by colonizing the Moon, evidently forgetting that the Moon can be hit by nukes, lacks oxygen, lacks liquid water, and has a daytime temperature of over 200 degrees (107 C). Of course it is the Sun that is the source of Earth's global warming, and because Mars is 50 million miles further from our Sun, its temperature ranges from 1 degree F down to 178 below! So Hawking suggests that (questionable) concerns over what has been a customary one-degree fluctuation in the Earth's temperature should cause us to flee into about 200 degrees, above and below zero. And if warming really is a threat, why does Hawking overlook the safer havens of Antarctica, Greenland, and Siberia? 2015 Update: Humanity must colonize other planets to survive. Yet the closest exoplanet, Alpha Centauri Bb, is nearly 80,000 years away, even for an unmanned craft traveling at 38,000 miles per hour, which is NASA's fastest current speed furthest from the sun.
* Hawking Fears Aliens: Now, Stephen Hawking is urging mankind: "Don't talk to the aliens!" Why not? They may be mean! Like on Star Trek, no? Or even like on Lost in Space, no? And meanwhile, Stephen Hawking agrees, in an amazing twist of irony, with atheists who actually do believe in the flying spaghetti monster! :) So because they're dangerous, Don't talk to the aliens! says Hawking, except for when he teams up with a billionaire to aggressively seek them out. They're going out to knock on doors even more fervently than Jehovah's Witnesses! :)
* Hawking Fears Artificial Intelligence: Stephen Hawking said in May 2014 that we must not dismiss the danger that "highly intelligent machines" may present. The fact that machines have no awareness and never will, and that we speak of artificial intelligence because they have no actual intelligence, seems to be overlooked by the popular doomsayer. Hawking returned to this fear again in December, saying to the BBC that he was worried about creating machines that could think. That is a form of paranoia, since of course computers cannot and never will be able to think. He said also that, "Once humans develop artificial intelligence, it would take off on its own and re-design itself at an ever-increasing rate," and: "Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn't compete and would be superseded".
* Hawking Fears the Higgs Boson: Really. Hawking simply worries too much. He must be fearing his own mortality, because after all, without God, the end-of-the-world atheist prophet astrophysicist Stephen Hawking has only despair. Please pray for him.
Flashback: * Hawking's Circular Reasoning Exposed on Origins: Hawking says, for example, that the matter of the universe came from energy borrowed from the gravitational energy of the universe, to which Enyart asks, "What universe?" If Christianity is true (i.e., if Jesus rose from the dead, 1 Cor. 15:17), then it is likely that it will be simple to refute even the most brilliant scientist's claim that he can explain how the universe originated apart from God. So enters Prof. Hawking who helps us test this theological observation. Stephen Hawking alleges that God did not create the universe but that gravity did. In his famous speech Origin of the Universe Hawking asked, "So, where did the energy come from, to create the matter? The answer is, that it was borrowed, from the gravitational energy of the universe." To this, any observer should ask, "What universe?" In the atheist origins camp, as happens generally even at elite levels, Hawking is assuming the existence of that which he is claiming to explain. If you are claiming to explain the origin of the universe, you cannot appeal to the universe itself. That is called cheating. And Hawking claims that the laws of physics produced the universe even though 1) Big Bang cosmology claims that those laws did not exist prior to nor in the first instant after the Big Bang; and 2) laws can't do anything. For example, the law of the conservation of angular momentum doesn't make anything and doesn't start anything moving. Newton's laws of motion don't make billiard balls move on a table but rather, they are used to explain the movements that do occur.
* Hawking Says Our Whole World Is Insignificant, So How About Handicapped People? If handicapped people are insignificant, then how about blacks? Children? The euthanizing of countless infirmed people since the rise of social Darwinist governments is a result of those who claim that human beings are merely animals living on an insignificant speck in the universe. Stephen Hawking doesn't know it, but he will stand again. And he'll wish otherwise. Because this time, he'll be standing before God. Long before Hawking came out as an atheist, he had claimed: "We are such insignificant creatures on a minor planet of a very average star on the outer suburbs of one of a hundred thousand million galaxies. So it is difficult to believe in a God that would care about us or even notice our existence."
Bob Enyart and Fred Williams have a ball listing six of the insurmountable problems for the evolution of vision. The guys start with the data stream that flows from an eye to the brain explaining the absurdity of the blind claim that a non-directed material system could arise to decipher such an encoded data stream. (See this on page 181 of Bob's debate with Zakath, Does God Exist?) The guys then point out that after 150 years of effort, the world's leading eye evolution experts know nothing about eye evolution. Then they mention the Opsin protein in the photoreceptor cell and point out that the leading eye evolution text offers nothing in the way of an explanation for how that approximately 350-acids long chain originated. The guys then point out the inability of leading evolutions to answer RSR's Trochlea Challenge, which asks merely for a rudimentary evolutionary description of how one of the simplest aspects of the human vision system could have originated. And finally, just before airing a brief eye evolution comedy routine from Richard Dawkins, Bob and Fred discuss the inability of Darwinism,, which operates via small incremental steps, to move from monochromatic (black and white) to di- or trichromatic (color) vision, since even theoretically there ARE NO small steps between black and white and a vastly more complex color vision system. Please see all this at rsr.org/eye.
Also, from our rsr.org/eye-evolution-challenges page:
* RSR Interviews a UC San Francisco Professor of Ophthalmology: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams analyze Bob's informal debate from two years ago with clinical professor of ophthalmology Dr. Gary Aguilar on the evolution of the eye. In 2012, Gary recommended that Bob read a new book by Dr. Schwab, a colleague of Aguilar's at UC Irvine, about which Russell Fernald says that Evolution's Witness is "likely to be consulted by everyone interested in evolution and eyes." If you enjoy today's program, you may also enjoy Part 2 and Part 3.
* Ivan Schwab's Evolution's Witness -- How Eyes Evolved: Within minutes of getting delivery of this book, on March 31, 2012, Bob wrote on the title page, with a number of folks around him signing as witnesses: "Prediction: Very little of this book will be about how eyes evolve." Dr. Aguilar described this textbook as a "tour de force" showing clearly how eyes evolved. During today's interview, Bob asserts that his prediction was valid, and that 99% of this book has nothing to do with how eyes evolve. It's a great anatomy book though! (See this called confirmed at rsr.org/predictions.)
* Tired of Re-writing Already: Bob Enyart tells his Real Science Radio co-host Fred Williams that he's just too tired of the constant "rewriting human history" discoveries, hitting almost monthly, one after another that falsify the secular canonical story. So find those of just the last year listed at rsr.org/squeeze (and just below).
* Program Note: This week (including today, Friday, when we'd normally air an RSR show) has been a special Theology Thursday broadcast series while Bob spends time with his mom Connie after her husband Al has gone to be with the Lord. The series Eternal Life and Heaven comes from within a major series presented by Bob Enyart, What We Believe and Why We Believe It, available on Blu-ray, DVD, and Download.
* Billy Graham and Pops: Both men passed away within a week of each other. Pops (Al Sharin) knew all along that Billy Graham was wrong to advocate the killing of handicapped children. Billy Graham did not. Now he knows. However, Jesus will wipe away his tears.