Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams update their "Brain Dead Means Not Dead" list with yet another example, this one from 2018 showing that sometimes, "dead dead doesn't even mean dead." Then they share Danika Worthington's piece at the Denver Post quoting Bob Enyart about Colorado Right To Life renaming their annual "March for Life" to the "March for Abolition". If you're in Denver please join us 10 a.m. tomorrow morning Jan.
Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart reports that the latest UFO sightings statistics are in line with rsr.org/predictions#UFOs and with rsr.org/no-ETs. Additionally, the Bible's statistics on possession and exorcism mitigate against UFOs being demonic activity. Bob then welcomes a new listener from New York City and celebrates articles in the latest issue of Creation magazine including on the peacock's tail, an Austrian theoretical biologist as at rsr.org/doubt#gerd, and barley plant DNA. And if you're anywhere near Denver, we encourage you to attend tonight's Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship meeting at 7 p.m. at Denver Bible Church, 4085 Independence Court, Wheat Ridge, 80033.
BEL is selling a car. Check it out at kgov.com/obo.
* Another Fun RSR List Show: In our List of the Fine-Tuned Features of the Universe, Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart quotes leading scientists and their astounding admission of the uncanny and seemingly never-ending list of the just-perfect finely tuned parameters of the physical features of the Earth, the solar system, and the entire cosmos. This program is brought to you by God, maker of heaven and earth and other fine products!
* The Finely Tuned Parameters of the Universe: Barrow & Tipler, in their standard treatment, The Anthropic Cosmological Principle, admit that "there exist a number of unlikely coincidences between numbers of enormous magnitude that are, superficially, completely independent; moreover, these coincidences appear essential to the existence of carbon-based observers in the Universe," and include the wildly unlikely combination of:
- the electron to proton ratio standard deviation of 1 to 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (37 0s)
- the 1-to-1 electron to proton ratio throughout the universe yields our electrically neutral universe
- the electron to proton mass ratio (1 to 1,836) perfect for forming molecules
- the electromagnetic and gravitational forces finely tuned for the stability of stars
- the gravitational and inertial mass equivalency
- the electromagnetic force constant perfect for holding electrons to nuclei
- the electromagnetic force in the right ratio to the nuclear force
- the strong force (which if changed by 1% would destroy all carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and heavier elements)
- all electrons in the universe are identical as are all instances of each fundamental particle
- etc., etc., etc. (including the shocking apparent alignment of the universe with the orbit of the Earth)
Omitting the Cosmological Constant: We have omitted from this list the commonly reported fine tuning of the cosmological constant to one part in 10 to the 120th. This is so very precise that if the entire universe had as much additional mass as exists in a single grain of sand, it would all collapse upon itself. That is, if a big bang actually formed our universe, and if it created a miniscule additional amount of mass than it is claimed to have created, then no planets, stars, or galaxies could exist. Conversely, if the universe had less mass, by that same quantity, matter never would have coalesced to become planets, stars, and galaxies, and again, we would not exist. So, why doesn't Real Science Radio include this astoundingly fine-tuned parameter in our list? Well, as physicist John Hartnett points out, the cosmological constant is only a fine-tuning problem for the big bang theory, so it is an argument only against a big bang universe, whereas in our actual universe, it is not a fine tuning issue. So, the comsomological constant does refute big bang cosmology, at least, for anyone who is objective, has common sense, and is not desperately trying to ignore the evidence for the Creator. (By the way, since NASA says that the confirmed predictions of the big bang theory are what validates it, you might want to Google: big bang predictions, and you'll find our article ranked #1 out of half-a-million, at rsr.org/bbp, presenting the actual track record of the predictions of the theory. Also, if you Google: evidence against the big bang, you'll find our article on that topic near the top of the first page of Google results!)
* The Whopping Physics Coincidence: NewScientist reports about gravity and acceleration that, "a large chunk of modern physics is precariously balanced on a whopping coincidence" for, regarding gravitational and inertial mass, "these two masses are always numerically exactly the same. The consequences of this coincidence are profound..."
* The Finely Tuned Parameters of the Solar System include:
- Our Sun is positioned far from the Milky Way's center in a galactic goldilocks zone of low radiation
- Our Sun placed in an arm of the Milky Way puts it where we can discover a vast swath of the entire universe
- Earth's orbit is nearly circular (eccentricity ~ 0.02) around the Sun providing a stability in a range of vital factors
- Earth's orbit has a low inclination keeping it's temperatures within a range permitting diverse ecosystems
- Earth's axial tilt is within a range that helps to stabilize our planet's climate
- the Moon's mass helps stabilize the Earth's tilt on its axis, which provides for the diversity of alternating seasons
- the Moon's distance from the Earth provides tides to keep life thriving in our oceans, and thus, worldwide
- the Moon's nearly circular orbit (eccentricity ~ 0.05) makes it's influence extraordinarily reliable
- the Moon is 1/400th the size of the Sun, and at 1/400th its distance, enables educational perfect eclipses
- the Earth's distance from the Sun provides for great quantities of life and climate-sustaining liquid water
- the Sun's extraordinary stable output of the energy
- the Sun's mass and size are just right for Earth's biosystem
- the Sun's luminosity and temperature are just right to provide for Earth's extraordinary range of ecosystems
- the color of the Sun's light from is tuned for maximum benefit for our plant life (photosynthesis)
- the Sun's low "metallicity" prevents the destruction of life on Earth
- etc., etc., etc.
* What is the Multiverse? In June of 2016, Fred Williams passed along a question from a listener to his Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart.
Q: "What is the Multiverse?"
A: "The multiverse is a yardstick used to measure the strength of the fine tuning argument for God."
Q: "Why do so many atheists support the multiverse?"
A: "The swift acceptance of the multiverse measures desperation."
* The Finely Tuned Earth includes:
- the Earth's surface gravity strength prevents the atmosphere from rapidly losing water to space
- the Earth's just-right ozone layer filters out ultraviolet radiation and helps mitigate temperature swings
- the Earth's spin rate on its axis provides for a range of day and nighttime temperatures to allow life to thrive
- the atmosphere's composition (20% oxygen, etc.) provides for life's high energy requirements
- if Earth's oxygen content were higher, forest fires would worsen; at 30%-40% the atmosphere could ignite
- the atmosphere's pressure enables our lungs to function and water to evaporate at an optimal rate to support life
- the atmosphere's transparency to allow an optimal range of life-giving solar radiation to reach the surface
- the atmosphere's capactity to hold water vaper provides for stable temperature and rainfall ranges
- efficient life-giving photosynthesis depends on quantum physics, as reported in the journal PNAS
- organisms do not metabolize lignin (component in soil) for otherwise most all plant life would be impossible
- the water molecule's astounding robustness results from finely balanced quantum effects. As reported by New Scientist, "Water's life-giving properties exist on a knife-edge. It turns out that life as we know it relies on a fortuitous, but incredibly delicate, balance of quantum forces. ... We are used to the idea that the cosmos' physical constraints are fine-tuned for life. Now it seems water's quantum forces can be added to this 'just right' list."
- water is an unrivaled solvent; its low viscosity permits the tiniest blood vessels; its high specific heat stabilizes biosphere temperatures; its low thermal conductivity as a solid insulates frozen-over lakes and as a liquid its high conductivity lets organisms distribute heat; its an efficient lubricant; is only mildly reactive; has an anomalous (fish-saving) expansion when it freezes; its high vapor tension keeps moisture in the atmosphere; and it tastes great too!
- the phenomenally harmonious water cycle (which is one example of astounding functional complexity not explainable by evolutionary theory; another example is the astounding world of quantum physics)
- water permits the passage of the Sun's life-giving radiation to depths of 500 meters
- the carbon atom's astounding capabilities. As Cambridge astronomer Fred Hoyle wrote: "Some super-calculating intellect must have designed the properties of the carbon atom, otherwise the chance of my finding such an atom through the blind forces of nature would be utterly minuscule. A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question."
- etc., etc., etc.
Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams re-air their classic list show for the New Years Day weekend. From opals forming in months, to man's genetic diversity in 200 generations, and with carbon 14 everywhere it's not supposed to be, scientific observations fill the guys' most traditional list challenging those who claim that the earth is millions of years old. Many of these scientific finds demand a re-evaluation of supposed billion-year ages. For the full written list, click on over to rsr.org/list.
* Boulder, Colorado's Planetarium Show on Christ's Birth: For Christmas Eve, we're enjoying this Real Science Radio rerun about the University of Colorado's Fiske Planetarium presentation of a live program, The Astronomical Star of Bethlehem, by amateur astronomer Gil Buller. From the planetarium's website, "This exciting program examines the sky at the time of the birth of Christ to see which astronomical phenomenon may have been the Star of Bethlehem."
* Orbital Mechanics Help Identify the Star of Bethlehem: Using computer-generated images of the night sky in ancient Israel, this planetarium program does in great style what Bob Enyart's DVD does using more modest computer simulation software. Click to get Bob's classic DVD, The Planets, Stars, and The Bible.
Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams enjoy a light, pre-Christmas program. The guys present Westword's "Best Church Advertisement" award for an ad that ran in the Denver Post titled, "Top Ten Reasons Why Liberals Hate the Holidays". Fred also asked about the jury trial that Bob testified in this week and about the defendant who was convicted of harassment and violating a restraining order designed to protect the BEL crew, and the various restraining orders that BEL and RSR have obtained against a handful of, well, let's call them, overzealous listeners.
* Here's the Church Ad Bob & Fred Read: We found the following image in our studio scrapbook. Fifteen years ago Denver Bible Church (where Bob Enyart pastors) ran an advertisement in the Denver Post. The liberal Westword newspaper took note and named DBC for one of their annual "Best Of" Awards...
Fred Williams and Bob Enyart begin by brainstorming two ideas: First, another way to illustrate Evolution's Big Squeeze, and second, the listing of theories in order of on how bad they are.
* List of Origins Theories from Bad to Worse: These links go to RSR programs that falsify the popular politically correct standard theories. These origins theories are ordered from bad to worse, that is, from absolutely terrible to utterly absurd:
- Grand Canyon as formed by the Colorado River
- Plate tectonics with its seafloor spreading and subduction
- Nebular hypothesis gas cloud overcoming pressure to form a solar system
- Big bang creating everything from nothing
- Darwinism as wildly misrepresented such as with Whale Evolution
- Abiogenesis violating the law of biogenesis to generate life inanimately.
* BEL YouTube Subscribers at 1,298: Please help us hit the minor milestone of 1,300 subscribers by visiting us at youtube.com/user/BobEnyartLive and clicking on Subscribe! It's free of course! [Update: Done! Thank you guys!]
* The Great Debate: RSR also airs a minute of last weekend's debate at Denver Bible Church between former BEL producer Will Duffy and CARM founder Matt Slick on whether the future is settled or open. Bob asks Fred a question that Duffy asked, "Does God have the ability to design a new butterfly (say, for His creation of the new heavens and the new earth)?" Fred gives the obvious, biblical answer, Yes, whereas Matt Slick gets this wrong. Wow. The guys also discuss why it is that so many Christians are willing to trust God's decrees, but not God Himself, if He were free. And also, how it is that millions of believers bought into a theology that concludes that God has exhausted His creativity, and that He therefore cannot think a new thought, write a new song, design a new butterfly, or issue a new decree.
* America Recognizes Israel's Capital City, Jerusalem: Tension over the city (named in the Bible about 750 times and in the Koran not once) illustrates the staying power of the prophecy in chapter 12 of the Book of Zechariah. Please consider this also. After an initial period of turmoil, America's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital may help Palestinians, Arabs, and Muslims more than it helps the Israelis themselves. How so? Because the delusion that the state of Israel is illegitimate is fed by nations that refuse to recognize her capital. Thus those who care about the Palestinians should eagerly want to help them with this tough love so that they can go about building a future based on reality.
* Another Idea for RSR's Upcoming "Evolution's Big Squeeze" Show: regarding Evolution's Big Squeeze, yet another way to look at that problem including the New Scientist cover story, "Darwin Was Wrong (about the tree of life)" as...
- DNA sequences have contradicted Darwinists' anatomy-based ancestry claims
- Fossil-based ancestry claims have been contradicted by RNA-based claims
- DNA-based ancestry claims have been contradicted by anatomy-based claims
- Protein-based ancestry claims have been contradicted by fossil-based claims.
- Etc., etc., etc.
Today's show is just too much! Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present two big new discoveries, one supporting Dr. Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory (a WWB discovery: "Workin' for Walt Brown) and the not supporting his theory. The first is the "discovery", actually the corroboration of a phenomenon that Dr. Brown has long explained, that lightning produces radioactive elements (like Carbon 14). The second discovery, a Hawaiian named asteroid, Oumuamua, reddish, ten times longer than wide, and on a hyperbolic path such that it is not orbiting the Sun but just passing through the solar system, challenges the HPT. The only way to reconcile this peculiar object with Dr. Brown's model is, as NASA admits is a possibility, for it to have had an elliptical orbit that was changed to a hyperbolic trajectory by the influence of a large TNO (trans-Neptunian object). The guys also noted that four days after our recent segment on evolutionists constantly having to "rewrite human history", a just published journal paper led to the conclusion that we're going to have to "rewrite human history", all over again! Ha! And finally, this weekend, we're hosting the great debate, or actually, two great debates, on whether the future is settled or open. So tune in this evening at 6:30 p.m. and tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.to watch our own Will Duffy debate CARM's Matt Slick at Denver Bible Church and live streamed on YouTube!
* Bird Wings in Amber: For Thanksgiving weekend, Real Science Radio reairs a program with one of our favorite researchers, "Brian Thomas: Two Bird Wings in Amber Means..." Bob Enyart interviews in studio fossil expert Brian Thomas on the two bird wings that have been found in two pieces of amber. Thomas, from the Dallas-based Institute for Creation Research, presents the various ways that these preserved specimens falsify the alleged 100-million-year age of these fossils. Brian is the world's top science author on the many, many discoveries from around the world of fresh fossils, that is, of those that contain original biological material that has survived within dinosaur bones and many other kinds of fossils. Such biological material (like bits of soft tissue still extant in Egyptian mummies) has survived for the thousands of years since so many of those creatures were destroyed in the global flood of Noah's day.
* Just 300 Views from a Third of a Million! Please click on over to help Bob and Fred reach the milestone of 333,333 views on the Bob Enyart Live YouTube channel! [Thanks so much! You guys did it in an hour! -Bob]
* Another Item Added to RSR's Exodus List: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss the new bullet over at rsr.org/Exodus#medical-symbol which adds to the list of everything that would have no foundation in history if the Exodus were not historical, including the Ten Commandments, the words has no Pharaoh, Goshen, and Alphabet, and the principle that even government leaders must obey the law.
* Rewriting Human History & The Big Squeeze: guys also give a few examples of Evolution's Big rsr.org/Squeeze and they chuckle about all the discoveries, major and minor, which lead evolutionists to say, This may cause us to rewrite human evolution! :)
* Show Update -- Ha! They're Rewriting Human History AGAIN: Four days after our Friday program, we learn from the Journal of Physical Anthropology as described in the UK's Independent that, "A skull found in China [40 years ago] could re-write our entire understanding of human evolution." See this also at rsr.org/squeeze.
* Paradise Lost: Bob and Fred also give accolades to the film Genesis Paradise Lost. Bob especially loved the Day 3 animation of how God may have pulled the plants out of the ground!
* Bob's Sons in School: Finally, the guys describe Bob's sons' reactions to the claims of their science teachers and curriculum authors, from both college and homeschool. Fred Williams recalls from a previous program discussing One of Bob's sons challenged his homeschool curriculum which claimed that volcanos have always been a vital part of Earth's ecosystems. And another son, Michael, challenged his college teacher who claimed:
Teacher: The argument for God from functional complexity has been falsified by Darwin.
Michael: Even if Darwinism were correct, there's still no explanation for functional complexity outside of biology.
Teacher: There is no functional complexity outside of biology.
Michael: Sure there is. The water cycle is one example. It's functional and complex. And life on Earth depends on the water cycle.
Another student: Yeah, and the atmosphere is pretty complex, and that's functional too.
To which RSR replies: Yeah!
* A Post-show Matter: Technology never goes back in the box. So America's military won't want to be caught off guard regarding increasingly targeted weapons. However, regardless of the development of autonomous killer drones, there it's a greater security matter already at hand...