Today's show is just too much! Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams present two big new discoveries, one supporting Dr. Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory (a WWB discovery: "Workin' for Walt Brown) and the not supporting his theory. The first is the "discovery", actually the corroboration of a phenomenon that Dr. Brown has long explained, that lightning produces radioactive elements (like Carbon 14). The second discovery, a Hawaiian named asteroid, Oumuamua, reddish, ten times longer than wide, and on a hyperbolic path such that it is not orbiting the Sun but just passing through the solar system, challenges the HPT. The only way to reconcile this peculiar object with Dr. Brown's model is, as NASA admits is a possibility, for it to have had an elliptical orbit that was changed to a hyperbolic trajectory by the influence of a large TNO (trans-Neptunian object). The guys also noted that four days after our recent segment on evolutionists constantly having to "rewrite human history", a just published journal paper led to the conclusion that we're going to have to "rewrite human history", all over again! Ha! And finally, this weekend, we're hosting the great debate, or actually, two great debates, on whether the future is settled or open. So tune in this evening at 6:30 p.m. and tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.to watch our own Will Duffy debate CARM's Matt Slick at Denver Bible Church and live streamed on YouTube!
* Bird Wings in Amber: For Thanksgiving weekend, Real Science Radio reairs a program with one of our favorite researchers, "Brian Thomas: Two Bird Wings in Amber Means..." Bob Enyart interviews in studio fossil expert Brian Thomas on the two bird wings that have been found in two pieces of amber. Thomas, from the Dallas-based Institute for Creation Research, presents the various ways that these preserved specimens falsify the alleged 100-million-year age of these fossils. Brian is the world's top science author on the many, many discoveries from around the world of fresh fossils, that is, of those that contain original biological material that has survived within dinosaur bones and many other kinds of fossils. Such biological material (like bits of soft tissue still extant in Egyptian mummies) has survived for the thousands of years since so many of those creatures were destroyed in the global flood of Noah's day.
* Just 300 Views from a Third of a Million! Please click on over to help Bob and Fred reach the milestone of 333,333 views on the Bob Enyart Live YouTube channel! [Thanks so much! You guys did it in an hour! -Bob]
* Another Item Added to RSR's Exodus List: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams discuss the new bullet over at rsr.org/Exodus#medical-symbol which adds to the list of everything that would have no foundation in history if the Exodus were not historical, including the Ten Commandments, the words has no Pharaoh, Goshen, and Alphabet, and the principle that even government leaders must obey the law.
* Rewriting Human History & The Big Squeeze: guys also give a few examples of Evolution's Big rsr.org/Squeeze and they chuckle about all the discoveries, major and minor, which lead evolutionists to say, This may cause us to rewrite human evolution! :)
* Show Update -- Ha! They're Rewriting Human History AGAIN: Four days after our Friday program, we learn from the Journal of Physical Anthropology as described in the UK's Independent that, "A skull found in China [40 years ago] could re-write our entire understanding of human evolution." See this also at rsr.org/squeeze.
* Paradise Lost: Bob and Fred also give accolades to the film Genesis Paradise Lost. Bob especially loved the Day 3 animation of how God may have pulled the plants out of the ground!
* Bob's Sons in School: Finally, the guys describe Bob's sons' reactions to the claims of their science teachers and curriculum authors, from both college and homeschool. Fred Williams recalls from a previous program discussing One of Bob's sons challenged his homeschool curriculum which claimed that volcanos have always been a vital part of Earth's ecosystems. And another son, Michael, challenged his college teacher who claimed:
Teacher: The argument for God from functional complexity has been falsified by Darwin.
Michael: Even if Darwinism were correct, there's still no explanation for functional complexity outside of biology.
Teacher: There is no functional complexity outside of biology.
Michael: Sure there is. The water cycle is one example. It's functional and complex. And life on Earth depends on the water cycle.
Another student: Yeah, and the atmosphere is pretty complex, and that's functional too.
To which RSR replies: Yeah!
* A Post-show Matter: Technology never goes back in the box. So America's military won't want to be caught off guard regarding increasingly targeted weapons. However, regardless of the development of autonomous killer drones, there it's a greater security matter already at hand...
* RSR at the Grand Canyon with Walt Brown: Bob Enyart was on assignment with Dr. Walt Brown at the Grand Canyon and other geology sites in the region. Mike Snavely, founder of Mission Imperative, hosted the trip, his annual Southwest Safari (and with his wife Carrie they also host an annual African Safari). See the group's photo, below. Real Science Radio co-host Fred Williams debriefs Bob about the participants, the sites explored, and the lessons learned. See more on the Grand Canyon formation below.
* Fred's Assignment Not Quite As Fun: "Bob, you got to go on assignment with Walt Brown to the Grand Canyon and for my assignment I was left behind here to read a 450-page college textbook, Prokaryotic Development. That doesn't seem quite fair", said Fred Williams. Fred was reading this college text to see if the authors present any claimed evidence for the evolution of prokaryotes (single-celled organisms, like bacteria, that lack a nucleus). So, look at what he found (and more on page 114, 116, and 117):
* Engraving His Own Tombstone: Like the engraver carving his own tombstone, Dr. Jerry Bergman is writing his own career obituary in the upcoming Vol. 4 of his planned 5-volume series that started with the first volume of The Slaughter of the Dissidents. Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart interviews Dr. Bergman about his own termination after decades teaching successfully at the college and university level.
Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart concludes his interview with Dr. Jerry Bergman on his latest book, How Darwinism Corrodes Morality, documenting the evolutionist's destructive effect on society regarding immorality, child killing (abortion) and the euphemistically named "sexual revolution". See also Part 1 and rsr.org/bergman.
Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart welcomes back Timothy Mahoney, the writer and director of Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus! Tim's documentary film collects and beautifully presents about sixty archaeological finds never before assembled in one place and never before available to the masses. Thus in the past few years defenders of the faith worldwide have gone from admitting that the events in the second book of Moses were among the least well-attested by archaeology to where the Exodus is now powerfully corroborated with an extensive pattern of evidence that spans cities, centuries, and continents! Bob encourages everyone to first watch the film (get it at rsr.org/exodus)! Then, you'll want the Collector's Set, the Patterns hardcover book, and for teenagers, kids and grand kids, the Young Explorers Box Set! And don't forget to sign up for occasionally emailed updates to Mahoney's great Thinker Update blog!
* Today's Resource: Get Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus from RSR! Not only do you get to enjoy and learn from (and share) a fabulous film affirming the Bible's historical accuracy, but you simultaneously will support Real Science Radio and help us continue to broadcast, stream, download, and podcast our Scripture and science message to reach many more people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ! So please get Patterns! :)
* Also: Hear also the separate BEL interviews of Tim Mahoney on:
- The Making Of the Patterns of Evidence film
- The Patterns Filmmaker on RSR (the film's content) and in 2017:
- The Patterns Collector's Edition (this show)
- RSR's Evidence for the Exodus series!
The incredible advance toward a cure for Muscular Dystrophy is just around the corner as researchers can now fix in mice the same mutation that causes Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in people! Sadly though, this cure has been unnecessarily delayed for decades. Why? Because Darwinism is a science stopper. Evolutionists for many years have argued, in their ignorance and hubris, that DNA is mostly junk. Therefore, when geneticists found the most amazing palindromic repeating pattern of DNA letters in bacteria, rather than try to understand it, they just wrote it off as "Junk DNA". Almost 20 years later, they realized that CRISPR is an amazingly effective and efficient genetic editing tool that holds the greatest promise for curing defects where we have identified the mutations that cause a particular degenerative disease. (Though in the wrong hands, whether malevolent or ignorant, this biotechnology could become a weapon of mass destruction. )
The guys also add a new (and scary) fast-charging supervolcano discovery from Yellowstone to their List of Not So Old Things, discuss their new petrified tree YouTube video (below), the Neanderthal inbreeding consistent with the biblical outline (see rsr.org/neanderthal and rsr.org/incest), the biomaterial in dinosaur eggs (ho-hum :), and yet another WWB discovery: water along the equator of Mars!
* SETI's Latest Report: Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams summarize, in about six seconds, the latest big report out of SETI (the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence), and in about sixty seconds, they expose the dishonesty of the thousands of atheist scientists who claim that evidence of intelligence can be identified if coming from aliens, but not if coming from a designer.
* An RSR Metagenomics Prediction: The guys also make a prediction from the relatively new field of metagenomics, whereby researchers analyze disembodied DNA scattered throughout geological and archaeological sediments.
* Announcing an Upcoming RSR (Polystrate) List Show: Bob and Fred announce their planned program, RSR's List of the Kinds of Polystrate Fossils.
* Another WWB Discovery: The latest WWB (Workin' for Walt Brown) discovery comes from core samples extracted from submerged portions of Zealandia, the recently discovered eighth continent larger than the Indian subcontinent. The samples from this mostly submerged continent include fossils of land animals, corroborating both Dr. Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory and also Zealandia's discoverers in their estimation that it indeed is a submerged continent. All Scientists Work for Walt Brown. The HPT of the global flood explains why the original crust in the Pacific region subsided (sunk rapidly) into the Earth as the mantel under today's Atlantic region rose up.
* Revolution in Cancer Treatment Proceeds: Bob and Fred report that the FDA approved another immune-system cancer drug. (BEL reported this back when it happened on August 30 but RSR hadn't mentioned it yet.) Novartis' Kymriah treats children and young people with acute leukemia. See more at rsr.org/targeted-antibodies and see there all the cancers already being successfully treated. Evolution has been a science stopper countless times over. Like Richard Dawkins conceitedly saying that the human eye is poorly designed (rsr.org/eye), Darwinists taught that our immune system was just kludged together by random mutations that just by chance improved our survivability. How many patients succumbed to this cruel disease, one wonders, because evolutionary influence inclined most of the scientific community to ignore the early cancer immunology success indicators?
Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart shares news items from the latest Creation magazine including one on unfossilized dinosaur tissue that turns out to be incorrect. (See below for the widely used ambiguous terminology that sometimes misleads science reporters and bloggers into presuming that the discovery of dinosaur "soft tissue" means original biological material, when often, what the term refers to is permineralized soft tissue, i.e., stone that has taken the shape of the dead creature.) Other topics include Yosemite's El Capitan rockslide, NASA's Solar Probe, and a quasar growing ten times brighter, not over millions but in one year! And then there's the request that you help us find RSR's missing underwriter (see below). We need an underwriter (perhaps you!) to put our full Global Flood video on YouTube so it can be viewed freely by a wider audience. Doing so will mean our sales of the video will end. So we are looking for a gift of $10,000 from an underwriter (that can be you!) to put this resource freely online and to bring us from $23,500 (updated on 9/30/17) to put us over our telethon goal of $30,000! Just call 1-800-8Enyart (83k6-9278) or email Bob@rsr.org or go to rsr.org and click on the store. Thank you for your consideration!
* Example of Need to Clarify Paleontology Terminology: In the age of sequencing endogenous dinosaur proteins, etc., the customary use of "soft tissue" without further clarification to describe permineralized remains should be discontinued. As of 2018, the unqualified phrase "soft tissue" should refer to actual biological material with "permineralized soft tissue" or its equivalent being used when no endogenous material is indicated. A good general term to refer to a dinosaur (or other creature) that has endogenous still-biological material is to call it a "biomaterial fossil". Such ambiguity (though avoidable by a careful reading of the paper) led to confusion in an article, Soft Tissue in Fossil Dinosaur Brains, published in the current October 2017 issue of Creation magazine (Vol. 39, Num. 4) on page 7. (The editors plan to print a correction in the next edition.) That piece is based on the 2016 Geological Society of London Special Publication, Remarkable preservation of brain tissues in an Early Cretaceous iguanodontian dinosaur. Here's what the Creation article concluded from that paper:
- "in 2016, researchers... reported not just fossilized brains, but unfossilized brain tissue"
- this allegedly 133 million-year-old "fossil... was found to contain unfossilized protein fragments--brain tissue, fine capillaries, collagen structures, and the membrane that surrounds the brain."
This is just the latest problem resulting from the ambiguity of "soft tissue" reports. To make matters worse, the GSL paper, as is common among paleontologists, refer to "blood vessels" and "collagen" when they actually mean permineralized vessels and collagen bands. However, the paper doesn't use terms, such as "unfossilized" and "protein fragments", that would have indicated a biomaterial fossil.
* Diagnostic Terms that Indicate a Biomaterlal Fossil: By default, a scientific paper reporting on a "soft tissue" discovery will be referencing stone artefacts, i.e., permineralized skin and scale impressions, feathers, internal organs replaced with phosphates, carbonates, etc. Of course, nothing substitutes for reading a particular paper of interest. However, you can usually quickly rule out that a publication is referring only to permineralized fossils if contains a number of the following biomaterial diagnostic terms:
- endogenous, endogeneity
- molecule, molecular, chemistry
- sub-cellular, cellular, cell, red blood cells
- fragments [not bone or carbonized wood, for example, but protein fragments]
- protein [but not used as in "protein replacement by calcium phosphate", etc.]
- sequence [as in the amino acid sequences in a protein, an RNA, or a double helix]
- beta-keratin, tubulin, actin, tropomyosin, myosin, hemoglobin, heme, osteocytes, pigment, melanosomes
- spectral signature
- peptide, biomolecules, biomarkers, biochemistry, chemistry
- nucleic acid, DNA
- amino acids, chirality
- organic, organic compounds [but not of course a use like "organic decay"]
- flexibility, pliable, still-soft, transparent
- immunology, immunological, immunofluorescence
- antigenic, antigenicity
- collagenase, digestion
- contamination, contaminants, biofilm
And as stated above, again, be careful with terms often used ambiguously, including collagen, blood vessels, even capillaries (as in the above GSL paper) soft tissue, etc., all of which are used somewhat carelessly in the latest issues of paleontological and other scientific journals. (For a spreadsheet catalog of these discoveries and links to the published papers, see tiny.cc/biomaterial-fossils-list.)
* Help Find RSR's Missing Underwriter: Imagine if you organized a Global Flood Seminar at a coliseum for less than $1 per person for the evening and you filled the place with 20,000 interested people! Would that be worth the investment to you? The equivalent of doing exactly that is possible and here's how you (yes you) can make it happen!
You can underwrite putting Real Science Radio's full Global Flood and Hydroplate Theory video online so that we can bring it to at least another 20,000 people, young and old! Here at RSR we are eager to publish our full flood video on YouTube except that when we do, because it will be freely available to everyone for viewing, we will lose our ability to sell the video. So to do both, to make sure that RSR can financially stay on the air, and to present our full video online for free viewing, we need a $10,000 underwriter to make both of these things possible.
According to Google's Analytics, our BEL/RSR YouTube channel has over 300,000 views during which people have invested 29,000 hours watching and learning from our videos
Currently, our most popular YouTube videos are:
38,900 views: pro-life
35,800 views: evaluating a criminal case
25,500 views: Bob's theology debate with James White (+7k audio version)
21,600 views: Hydroplate Theory (this only shows excerpts; as a reminder, for the full video, here's the cover and contents):
Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart presents the scientific evidence for Dr. Walt Brown’s model of the global flood, along with the relevant biblical material. Enyart also discusses Brown's opponents and contrasts both the vapor canopy and catastrophic plate tectonics with the hydroplate theory.
DVD Vol. 1:
1. Walt Brown, Creation Leaders, and Scripture
2. Hydroplate Theory & Scientific Evidence
DVD Vol. 2:
3. Hydroplates vs. Plate Tectonics
Bonus: Origin of Earth's Radioactivity
Getting an additional 20,000 interested viewers (as we expect that we will, and more, over time) is many more than would see it as compared to just those who buy it over a five-year period through our radio program and online store. So, timed to put our annual September telethon over the top (we have currently raised $23,500 of our $30,000 goal), we are asking you (yes you!) to consider becoming an underwriter. $10,000 can subsidize the publication of RSR's full flood video online. (And yes, we could add an underwriters credit or a thank you to the YouTube posting.) If you are interested, please call 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278), email Bob@rsr.org, PayPal the funds to SecurePayment@kgov.com, or send a check payable to BEL, PO Box 583, Arvada, CO 80001. (And here are those excerpts, but if you watch this, please don't get so interested that you forget to consider becoming our underwriter! :)