* Do You Know About the Extensive Evidence for the Global Flood? Here at Real Science Radio we've been convinced of the accuracy and the predictive and explanatory power of Dr. Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory, also known as the fountains-of-the-great-deep flood model. For our landing page that lists our relevant resources, please go to rsr.org/flood. Update: Since this radio program, Dr. Brown extended his theory to incorporate the origin of the TNOs (trans-Neptunian objects) and as a result he has increased the estimated depth of the created crust (the firmament, as in terra firma) to 60 miles.
* What Triggered the Flood? Earth tides in continental rock average nine inches (21 inches at the equator). Click on this image for the section of our flood video discussing the mechanism that led to the triggering of the flood:
The Global Flood and the Hydroplate Theory
Blu-ray, 2-DVD Set, or HD Streaming or Download
Real Science Radio co-host Bob Enyart presents the scientific evidence for Dr. Walt Brown’s model of the global flood, along with the relevant biblical material. Enyart also discusses Brown's opponents and contrasts both the vapor canopy and catastrophic plate tectonics with the hydroplate theory.
DVD Vol. 1
1. Walt Brown, Creation Leaders, and Scripture
2. Hydroplate Theory & Scientific Evidence
DVD Vol. 2
3. Hydroplates vs. Plate Tectonics
Bonus: Origin of Earth's Radioactivity
* Get the Best Creation Science Book Ever Written: Just click on the cover of Dr. Walt Brown's book to purchase it from RSR (which also helps us to continue broadcasting)...
* Today's Radio Show Topics: Dr. Brown joins Real Science Radio today to discuss topics from his best-selling book to help us understand:
- that the continents do not fit together well against each other, as presented in the Pangea hypothesis, unless you shrink Africa by 30%, and make other dramatic manipulations.
- that the jigsaw shape of the continents does fit well against the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
- what formed the 46,000-mile long Mid-oceanic Ridge?
- that the Atlantic Ocean is relatively shallow, whereas the Pacific is relatively deep.
- what formed the deep Pacific trenches including the 36-thousand foot-deep Marianas Trench?
- that the fountains of the great deep launched the solar system's asteroids and comets.
- that Mars is not the source of Antarctica meteorites, but they were launched from Earth.
- that the debris launched from the Earth beat up the moon, which helps to explain why the near-side has suffered much greater impactors.
- that NASA discovered the earth-like composition of comets, including that they contain olivine, a very common class of Earth minerals, confirms an inherent prediction of Dr. Walt Brown's flood model.
* Some of the Scientists and Engineers Supporting the Hydroplate Theory: See also some of Walt Brown's opponents listed just below.
Dr. C. Stuart Patterson, Academic Dean and Prof. of Chemistry, Emeritus, Furman University
Dr. Kent Davey, Senior Research Scientist, The Center for Electromechanics, U of Texas Austin
Dr. Douglas A. Block, Geology Prof., Rock Valley College & Wheaton College
Cmd. Sepp Benedikt, US Navy geology U of Minn., M.S. Naval War College Nat'l Security
Dr. Stanley A. Mumma, Prof. Architectural Engineering, Penn State
Dr. Joshua Spencer, PhD Nuclear Engineering
Jane Albright, Professional engineer formerly with the U.S. Navy nuclear program
Bryan Nickel, Mechanical engineer, Raytheon Missile Systems
Eli Simmons, Mechanical engineer M.S. from the University of Wisconsin
Brent Carter, Chief geologist U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, Northwest
Dr. Bob Compton (associate of Brent Carter's)
Brad Anderson, geology degree; works in IT
Henry Crisóstomo, computer engineering, Mapua Institute of Technology, Philippines
Dr. Ian James Carrans, mineral process engineer, Australia, mentioned in ITB
Other Notable Supporters
Anonymous Prof. of Geophysics at a leading university (top 30) who has rejected Plate Tectonics for the HPT
Anonymous NASA Shuttle Pilot who brought Walt's In the Beginning to the Int'l Space Station
Anonymous Prof. of Aeronautics at a leading institution who has published in one of the world’s leading astronomy journals
Anonymous Reactor Engineer at a major U.S. nuclear facility
Kevin Lea, Seattle-area pastor with a background in nuclear physics
Rob Yardley, board member of J. Vernon McGee's Through the Bible Radio Network ministry
Consider Also: Dr. Henry Morris, Virginia Tech hydraulics professor, founded the creation movement and promoted the vapor canopy theory which had been adopted by the major organizations. Subtly, he implied that Dr. Brown's opposition to the VCT (which is no longer promoted by the leading groups) led to tensions. Ultimately though, Henry supported Walt, if not the Hydroplate Theory itself. However, he did write explicitly of the HPT-like hydrologic cause of the Flood. And at a high-profile moment at the end of his carrer, as you can see him doing in the RSR flood video, Dr. Morris honors Dr. Walt Brown.
[Unfinished. Obviously. Check back later on May 14, 2019.]
Published HPT Criticisms
- Michael Oard 2013 Analysis of Walt Brown’s Flood Model
- Dr. Danny Faulkner 2012 Was the Year Once 360 Days Long? (addressed at rsr.org/answers and Enyart's 2013 reply in CRSQ)
- Dr. Faulkner 2013 Analysis of Astronomical Aspects of the HPT
- Dr. Faulkner 2014 Analysis of Walt Brown’s Model of a Pre-Flood 360-Day Year
- Dr. Faulkner 2015 Can One Astronomically Date the Flood within the Hydroplate Model?
- Dr. Jonathan Sarfati 2010 Flood Models and Biblical Realism
- Dr. John Baumgardner 2011 Flood Science Review Author-to-Author Critique 2011 [RSR reply 2014]
- McIntosh, Taylor & Edmonson 2000 Flood Models: The Need for an Integrated Approach
Web-based forums, etc. Criticisms
- Joyce Arthur 1995 A Few Silly Flaws In Walter Brown's Hydroplate Theory
- Southtown 2007 Hydroplate Theory at ScienceForums.com 2007
- Gerard Jellison 2009 Amazon ITB Review & 150p cmts/debate thread (removed 2015; last 50 pages preserved by HPT supporter David B. Willis)
- Glen Kuban 2015 Brown’s Flood Model is All Wet
Criticisms of Walt Not Involving the HPT
- Lippard, NCSE 1989 An Examination of the Research of Creationist Walt Brown Pt. 1 [reply 1989]
- Lippard 1989 A Further Examination of the Research of Walter Brown Pt. 2 [reply 1989]
- Lippard A Final Response to Walter Brown