Today's public service pandemic program is brought to you by Crawford Broadcasting continuing Real Science Radio's series on how we got here, to this pandemic and shut down, why now and never before, and on today's program, a simple test that you can administer at home, for whether or not you, yourself, are correct if you claim that you would never have shut down the economy. And secondly, beginning at 15 minutes into today's program, what are the relevant just principles of governance that governments should adhere to when considering whether or not to battle a disease.
Today's Resource: God's Principles of Government
Join Bob Enyart as he explores God's Principles of Government. From Against Democracy where we look at the biblical principles related to the idea of majority rule, to a Representative Republic and its similarities with democracy, to a real Alternative to Democracy, to what a Bible-based Constitution actually looks like, after this series, the Scriptures' principles of governance will permeate your thinking like never before! Or your money back. (Really.)
* Trump European Travel Ban Test of Claimed Insight: If you claim that you would never have shut down the economy or that you knew from the beginning that the covid was a scam, you should not be believed unless you can show a public record of having strongly objected to Donald Trump cutting America off from Europe because of the virus. (Hear this discussed on June 7, 2021 using audio from a March 12, 2020 conservative podcast, the day after Trump announced his European travel ban.) Of course we're not claiming that there's no one who from the beginning said the covid is mostly a scam. But like a broken clocks twice daily, not everyone gets credit for being right.
- Psychics who predict every president's assassination don't get credit when one is killed.
- Cults saying since the 1800s that the 2nd Coming is near get no credit when it does happen.
- Anarchists who criticize unjust government action criticize all government action so they're useless.
- The paranoid don't get credit for not trusting an evil government since they trust nothing. Even...
- Libertarians (i.e., immoral conservatives) who oppose bad government action often do so for a dangerous reason.
So regarding the covid, BEL's anti-government friends and folks who condemn everything the government does get no credit even if they happened to criticize the covid response from the beginning (though we are unaware of any of them who could pass the Trump Travel Ban test).