* God's Philosophers author James Hannam debates Bob Enyart on Theistic Evolution: The acclaimed writer James Hannam, Ph.D., earned great reviews for his important work, God's Philosophers.
* British Darwinist's Assessment of Debating Bob: After this debate, infamous evolutionist PZ Myers copied and pasted the following quote, written by well-received British author and Darwinist Dr. Hannam, about young-earth creationist Bob Enyart:
* What About Bob? "Richard Dawkins once said that 'if you meet somebody who claims not to believe in evolution, that person is ignorant, stupid or insane (or wicked, but I'd rather not consider that).' It rapidly became clear that Bob was none of these things. For a start, I know a fair bit about evolution and genetics. But when it came to familiarity with the arguments, he was way ahead of me. On epigenetics, RNA/DNA chemistry, and animal physiology, I was hopelessly outclassed. Bob is not ignorant. And it is pretty clear he is neither stupid nor insane. He came across, in fact, as extremely intelligent. So perhaps he is wicked? Well... I am sure he is nothing of the sort." -British Author and Darwinist James Hannam
* Theistic Evolution Debate: Part 1 of 3! Fundamentally Darwinism is the theory of an unguided process that has resulted in the diversity of life on earth. Theistic evolutionists defend Darwinism but claim that God guided the process, which leads to the contradiction of a guided unguided process. In this special edition of Real Science Radio, one of the topics discussed is the nature of physical (and other) laws and a claim that Einstein made about physical laws (which claim Bob agrees with and James finds interesting).
* Update -- Bob on the Pepperdine University Campus on Theistic Evolution: See rsr.org/pepperdine for the 2015 event details or just see Bob's presentation right here:
* Hugh Ross' Theistic Evolution Leads to This: from Reasons to Believe via AiG: "RTB's biblical creation model identifies 'hominids,' Neanderthals, Homo erectus and others, as animals created by God. These extra-ordinary creatures walked erect and possessed enough intelligence to assemble crude tools and even adopt some level of 'culture.'" How absurd. Meanwhile, Bob debated RTB's Denver representatives, an accomplished geologist and a professor of mathematics.
* Handy Hannam and Evolution Links: Tune in to next week's installment for this fascinating discussion just keeps getting better and better!
- James Hannam's article on debating creationism with Bob Enyart
- Enyart's interview with Hannam on God's Philosophers
- Hannam & Enyart on Theistic Evolution Pt. I (this page)
- Hannam & Enyart on Theistic Evolution Pt. II
- Hannam & Enyart on Theistic Evolution Pt. III
- British author James Hannam's site: God's Philosophers (the medieval world and the foundations of science)
- Hannam's 2011 article in the Guardian opposing de facto discrimination against creationist scientists
* In a Third of a Century, Creationism Holds, Theistic Evolution Declines: Over a 32 year period, the Gallup organization has asked Americans about human origins. While of course surveys are often inaccurate and people's views often more complex and nuanced, and even self-contradictory, than polls tend to reveal, notice the general trend. The godless view, that humans evolved without any kind of divine involvement, more than doubled from 1982 to 2014. The young earth creationist view mostly held steady, within the survey's margin of error, from 44% to 42%. That staying power exerts itself against the onslaught.
Rhett & Link, tragically, renounce their faith.
In 2020 attribute their unbelief in significant part
to Francis Collins, BioLogos, and theistic evolution!
Consider the Darwinist propaganda funded by hundreds of billions of dollars spent through public school teaching, TV entertainment networks, Hollywood messaging through a high percentage of their films from animated children's movies to scifi, biased government grants, the mainstream news media and publishers including virtually all magazine and newspaper editorial boards, all of the cable science, discovery, and National Geographic networks, and through the official teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, all mainline Protestant denominations and most Protestant seminaries and Bible colleges. But then, if Gallup shows a determined continued belief in young-earth creationism, as their third option described, "God created human beings within the last 10,000 years or so", then where were the defections from belief that enabled the materialistic view to about double? Not surprisingly, it came from a camp that can roughly be called, very roughly, theistic evolution. During the 32 years of these surveys, those who held that "Humans evolved with God guiding" lost nearly ten percent of that camp, dropping to just over 30% of the population. No wonder. See our Trading Genesis video, above!
* Today’s Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist at rsr.org/walt-brown!