* Bob Enyart to Speak May 8 in Malibu: You're invited! See below for details and click on the logo on the right for the text of our ad running in their local newspaper. After Church-of-Christ founded Pepperdine University refused to include biblical creationists in their upcoming conference on God and Science, one of their alumni, Dr. Vern Bissell, organized a counter conference to be held on campus on Friday & Saturday, May 8-9, and in the West L.A. Chinese Bible Church Saturday afternoon and evening. Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart is one of the invited speakers.
* UPDATE -- Here's Bob's Presentation: Bob test drives his talk on today's radio program. Then the actual presentation, skipped by the faculty members who Bob personally invited, including associate professor Chris Heard, is available here as filmed on the Pepperdine Campus...
Today's Resource: If you purchase a copy of RSR's Trading Genesis video on DVD or Blu-ray, it's a lot easier to share it with a friend!
Pepperdine University in California has long enjoyed a reputation as a leading conservative Christian institution. Today, however, Pepperdine’s faculty teaches theistic evolution. Though affiliated with the Church of Christ, the theistic evolution of the school’s science and theology professors is indistinguishable from the methodological naturalism of the atheist.
In 2015, the administration denied a request by some Pepperdine alumni to present a lecture on biblical creation. Not deterred, both longtime and recent graduates organized their own creation-evolution conference on the school’s campus and advertised it in the Malibu Times newspaper.
The organizers invited Bob Enyart, the host of Denver-based Real Science Radio, to speak at the event held concurrently with the school's heavily-attended Bible Lectureship series. Enyart demonstrated with seven examples that the atheistic materialist worldview does not even have a theory of origins for anyone to side with. And thus, Pepperdine University has traded away special creation (and many other biblical teachings, also listed in this presentation) for absolutely nothing.
- Bob Enyart's debate with an acclaimed British author at rsr.org/theistic-evolution
- Fun science facts at rsr.org/young-earth,
- Pepperdine's professor Chris Heard (whom we personally invited to attend Bob's on-campus sessions) rejection of the historical evidence for the biblical plagues as compared to RSR's List of Evidence for the Exodus.
* Guarantee: If you trust in Jesus Christ as your Creator and Savior, you have an eternal guarantee of salvation (Ephesians 4:30)! And if you purchase any of the BEL or Real Science Radio videos, as with all our products, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee if not satisfied.
* In a Third of a Century, Creationism Holds, Theistic Evolution Declines: Over a 32 year period, the Gallup organization has asked Americans about human origins. While of course surveys are often inaccurate and people's views often more complex and nuanced, and even self-contradictory, than polls often reveal, notice the general trend. (See enlarged graph.) The godless view, that humans evolved without any kind of divine involvement, more than doubled from 1982 to 2014. The young earth creationist view mostly held steady, within the survey's margin of error, from 44% to 42%. That staying power exerts itself against the onslaught. Consider the Darwinist propaganda funded by hundreds of billions of dollars spent through public school teaching, TV entertainment networks, Hollywood messaging through a high percentage of their films from animated children's movies to scifi, biased government grants, the mainstream news media and publishers including virtually all magazine and newspaper editorial boards, all of the cable science, discovery, and National Geographic networks, and through the official teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, all mainline Protestant denominations and most Protestant seminaries and Bible colleges. But then, if Gallup shows a determined continued belief in young-earth creationism, as their third option described, "God created human beings within the last 10,000 years or so", then where was the defections from belief that enabled the materialistic view to about double? Not surprisingly, it came from a camp that can roughly be called, very roughly, theistic evolution. During the 32 years of these surveys, those who held that "Humans evolved with God guiding" lost nearly ten percent of that camp, dropping to just over 30% of the population. No wonder. Just watch RSR's Trading Genesis video above!
* 2015 Creation-Evolution Conference on Pepperdine Campus: Regarding origins, the Church of Christ founded Pepperdine University permits the teaching of only secular evolution theories. Fifteen years ago, the school abruptly canceled the arrangements being made to host a Worldview Academy session on its campus as soon as the administration learned that this was a Genesis-based creation ministry. More recently, alumni who have urged the school to consider biblical creation have been rebuffed. For the administration rejected a long-standing offer to provide qualified speakers on creation science for Pepperdine's 2015 Bible Lectures to counter last year's evolution talks. As a result, alumnus Dr. Vern Bissell organized a two-day series of creation talks on campus. Real Science Radio's Bob Enyart is one of the invited speakers. For more info:
- see our ad on page two of the Malibu Times
- guess which Hollywood celebrities are mostly-like to ignore, and which are most likely to read, our provocative ad for this event
- hear Bob's interview and debate with acclaimed British science author James Hannam at rsr.org/theistic-evolution
- see this website and this flyer
- and see these details:
for Christian Bible Teachers and Students
because the Bible agrees with True Science
Fri. May 8 at Pepperdine &
Sat. May 9 Morning at Pepperdine
Saturday Afternoon and Evening in West L.A.
Pepperdine University Malibu Campus
24255 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu CA 90263
Villa Graziadio, Rm. EC115
FRIDAY, May 8
3:00 - 3:15 p.m. Display materials.
3:15 – 4:00 p.m. “Students at Christian colleges should learn how true science and straightforward reading of the Bible agree on creation and the flood” Bob Enyart (Denver, CO)
4:10 – 5:00 p.m. “Half-lives, half-truths, Jesus ALL Truth: Crisis in Christian origins education” Vern Bissell (Portland, OR)
5:00 – 6:00 p.m. Dinner break … or … “must-see” Video: Evolution’s Achilles Heels, by Creation Ministries International
6:00 – 6:10 p.m. “Being prepared for potential evolutionary teaching at a Christian university” Jake Doberenz video Clip (High school senior Portland, OR)
6:10 – 6:25 p.m. “What and why I wish my brother and friends knew about Biblical science literacy before entering a Christian university” Clint Loveness (Dallas, TX)
6:25 -7:00 p.m. “True Biblical Creation Science Literacy is Vital for Missions Candidates” Ryan Bitikofer (Phoenix, AZ); Tim Brinley (Escondido, CA); Vern Bissell (Portland, OR).
7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Drop in time to see videos and/or chat.
This program is independent of the Pepperdine Bible Lectures.
1-800-8Enyart for more info!
SATURDAY MORNING, May 9
(still at) Pepperdine University Malibu Campus
24255 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu CA 90263
Villa Graziadio, Rm. EC115
8:00 – 8:30 a.m. “Have you not read? The Jesus hermeneutic for understanding the Genesis narrative” Vern Bissell (Portland, OR)
8:30 – 8:55 AM “Losing Our Church Youth? These Young People Say Unbiblical Science is the Problem” Jake Doberenz video clip (high school, Portland, OR), Clint Loveness (Dallas, TX)
9:00 – 10:10 AM “Knowledge of creation and the Flood in China’s history and character writing” Dr. C. K. Thong (Singapore and Atlanta, GA). Includes interview by Denver’s Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart. [Update: Look for this to be aired on RSR in June 2015.]
10:15 – 11:00 AM “Original Tissue Fossils: Buried by a Cataclysmic Flood Thousands (not millions) of Years Ago”, or “Why Jack’s Montana Fossils Stink”. Bob Enyart (Denver, CO) [Update: Thanks to David Coppedge for attending this talk!]
SATURDAY AFTERNOON & EVENING, May 9
Chinese Bible Church of West L.A.
10521 West Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064
(Park at meters or on street but not in Dry Cleaning lot)
2:30 – 3:15 p.m. Dr. Vern Bissell. “Half-lives, Half-truths and Discriminants: Science-Creation Literacy Crisis in Bible Colleges”
3:15 – 3:35 p.m. Bob Enyart interviews C. K. Thong for broadcast on Real Science Radio. A 20-minute overview interview: “Evidences from China’s History Supporting the Bible record of Creation and the Flood.” (complete talk at 7 PM).
3:45 - 4:50 p.m. Bob Enyart “RSR's List of Evidence Against the Big Bang”
5:00 – 5:30 p.m. Dr. Vern Bissell. The Bible Narrative, Materialistic Evolution, and Theistic evolution. Four pillars of witness: scripture, science, history, and culture.
5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Dinner break.
7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Dr. C. K. Thong. God in Ancient China. Amazing revelation of the Genesis narrative in the Chinese history and writing.
Advocating Biblical creation and science literacy
for students, families, and theologians
Feel free to provide feedback to Bob@rsr.org.
Dr. Vern Bissell, Pepperdine, ’67; Clint Loveness, Pepperdine ‘07
* For More Information: Just click to see our advertisement in The Malibu Times and to see the full (and updated) schedule of events at Pepperdine University on Friday and Saturday, and in West L.A. on Saturday afternoon and evening!
* Today’s Resource: See the fabulous video from Illustra Media presenting evidence from astronomer Guillermo Gonzalez and his co-author Jay Richard that we live on a Privileged Planet.