June is Grand Canyon Month at RSR! Real Science Radio host Bob Enyart continues with Part 4 of his Bryan Nickel interview (that begins at rsr.org/gc1). First Bob presents the two main reasons why leading creationists have steered people away from Dr. Walt Brown, namely, the canopy theory and plagiarism. (See the canopy reason and the Steve Austin plagiarism.)
* RSR's List of Initial Conditions that Brought About the Canyon: Bryan Nickel describes how Walt Brown's Hydroplate Theory helps to illuminate what the geology of the region was like before the Grand Canyon was carved and also, how these initial conditions came to be. Only after the stage was set, so to speak, did a dam breach catastrophically carve the canyon. Bob and Bryan begin with the parallel boundaries and flat gaps between the region's strata:
- The uniform layers and how their parallel boundaries and flat gaps came to be (Answer: Liquefaction!)
- The newly formed Colorado Rockies and how they were raised up so quickly
- The "great unconformity" at the bottom of the canyon's horizontal layers where the strata is suddenly all tilted and beveled off
- The Colorado Plateau of more than 100,000 square miles of rock rising thousands of feet into the air and how it got up there
- The two ancient great lakes, Hopi and Grand Lakes raised thousands of feet higher than the surrounding terrain
- The water-saturated sedimentary layers beneath and around these lakes, and
- The last initial condition is actually something that was not there until the excavation, the Kaibab Plateau!
* RSR's Grand Canyon Special: Help spread the word, get better informed, and keep us broadcasting by purchasing RSR's $100 Grand Canyon Special, our canyon radio series on disc, two stunning videos, and three copies of Walt Brown's book!
* About RSR's Liquefaction and Stratification Programs: "Superposition" is the belief that the sediments that formed each subsequent rock layer were deposited after the previous layer had been laid down. Uniformitarian geologists use superposition to infer millions of years of history from the record in the rocks. The following four RSR resources falsify superposition in many of its uses. If you're interested in hearing this out, just click or navigate to the following:
- The liquefaction solution discussed beginning at 25 minutes into today's program
- The canyon's flat-gap problem that liquefaction solves discussed in Part 2 of this series
- Our liquefaction interview with Kevin Lea including why so many fossils are paper thin
- How Strata Form interview with Guy Berthault's research assistant (with video evidence)
- Then see Walt Brown's chapter Liquefaction: The Origin of Strata and Layered Fossils.
* Tim Clarey and the RSR Liquefaction Suggestion: ICR geologist Tim Clarey is the world's foremost expert on the pattern and extent of the strata that cover the continents. His ambitious mapping effort is the geological equivalent of the Human Genome Project. Dr. Clarey's multi-year Institute for Creation Research undertaking should one day earn him the Vetlesen Prize. In today's liquefaction discussion, Bob Enyart mentioned that he's urged Tim to keep liquefaction in mind as he is attempting to understand the mechanisms that formed the strata that he is so meticulously documenting. Dr. Clarey agreed that he would do that.
* What Do You Get When You Combine Guy Berthault and Walt Brown? Answer: the geologic column, the strata, and the fossil record. Toward a greater understanding of the worldwide record in the rocks, one must combine Guy Berthault's stratification (explaining local to regional sedimentary patterns) with Walt Brown's liquefaction (explaining regional to continental patterns).
* Bryan Nickel's Grand Canyon Video:
* The Hydroplate Theory Special: You may want to purchase this set of resources if...
1) You'd like to read the best creation book ever written and watch its accompanying videos
2) You like Real Science Radio and want to help it stay on the air
3) You'd like to give the gift of understanding creation and the flood to someone who could really benefit from it.
* RSR's Grand Canyon HPT Series:
- List of Problems with ‘The River Carved the Canyon’
- List of Problems with the Canyon’s Millions of Years
- List of Problems with ‘The Flood Carved the Canyon’
- List of the Initial Conditions that Preceded the Canyon (this show)
- The Hydroplate Theory Explanation for the Grand Canyon
- Bonus material: (All part of rsr.org/hpt#metaseries)
Dr. Walt Brown's Canyon RSR Interview
Answering Michael Oard's Missing Grand Lake Shoreline
Answering Don DeYoung's Lawsuit Accusation
Debrief: RSR's Field Trip to the Canyon with Walt
* Want to Go from Geology to Cosmology? Here's RSR's latest science video: