* The Harsh Truth About Public Schools : Author Bruce Shortt talks to Bob Enyart about the devastating consequences of a Christian sending his child to any one of America's public schools, which are all godless. Precious kids are destroyed by the thousands by the sophisticated indoctrination that gradually turns them against their parents and against Jesus Christ. After the influence of their public school education, millions of "Christian" young people reject the existence of moral truth, and blaspheme Jesus Christ by their belief that He sinned while on earth. Please pull your kids out of public school!
* Our List of Reason to Keep Your Kids Out of Public School: BEL's (unconsolidated) list, spread over dozens of radio broadcasts, include examples like the following...
- Reason #27 to Keep Your Kids Out of Public School: You're not allowed to write in the books. Great learners throughout history have made their books (and manuscripts) their own, so to speak, by underlining, markings, and recording their thoughts in the margins of the books they read. Not being allowed to do this has hindered the intellectual growth of millions of children in America and around the world.
- Reason #427 to Keep Your Kids Out of Public School: You're not allowed to start a sentence with And, or But, but a boy can wear a dress to class. And the Bible, especially in the New Testament, has thousands of sentences that start with And, and But. A not-so-subtle effort to relegate the Scriptures to the realm of the illiterate is the origin of that absurd though absolutist rule.
- K thru Hell: Here's a related BEL program from 2005.
- 2012 Public School Worker Retires, Calls BEL
- 2021 Public School Counselor about to Quit (joins Bob in studio)
- 2021 Bob airs Matt Walsh: Fixing public school is a Fool's Errand
* Homeschool Instead! It's the great alternative! At kgov.com/homeschooling find BEL's resources encouraging parents in the best way to educate their kids! And hear Bob interview there a homeschool leader.
* From a 2011 BEL Program: See and hear all this...
* 90 Babies in One School Year at Memphis Tennessee's Frayser High: Even with the crisis in Frayser, thankfully, they don't come close to the tragedy in Colorado's Adams City High School where 108 babies were born in a single year. And Bob tells of a Starbucks staffer's account of the McLain High School graduation where it seemed that every other young graduate was either pregnant or had a baby.
* And Remember All This from the Summer of 2010:
* Bob Enyart on Fox about Schools Giving Out Birth Control: Juliet Huddy of FNC's Fox & Friends today asked Bob his opinion on the Denver public school trying to reduce student pregnancy by providing condoms, the birth control pill, and the chemical abortion pill Plan B, to children as young as eleven years old. Bob Enyart said:
ENYART: This fails because it's wrong. Adam City High School, in a Denver suburb, tried this. Their pregnancy rate went up 42 percent and the headlines nationwide were: 108 babies born in one school year. It's a tragedy. God did not make 14-year-old girls to be used by boys. This is a mistake.
HUDDY: But the fact is in Denver, 41 of every 1,000 girls, 15 to 17, have babies. That's a pretty high number.
ENYART: The major reason for this is that our school curriculum today all over the country is officially godless. Kids are told that they're animals, that they've evolved from animals. And so we shouldn't be shocked when they behave like animals. We need to teach kids that they're special. Girls are worth waiting for. They're worth waiting for until marriage. They're not there to be used by boys.
* FNC's Juliet Huddy Mis-Identifies Bob as a Former Public School Administrator: In the early 1990s, Bob Enyart was not an administrator, but he was vice-chair of the legislatively-authorized Adams County District 14 Accountability Committee. Local newspapers published Bob's resignation letter in which he predicted that the condom distribution program being enacted would backfire and increase teen pregnancy. Three years later, the Rocky Mountain News republished Bob's letter when the headlines declared a 42 percent increase in pregnancy and 108 babies born at Adams City High School in a single school year.
* Speaking of Public School Administrators: One in eight girls in a Chicago high school have become pregnant, that's 115 out of 800. (CBS 2 Chicago and an LA Times blogger, both of which reported the story, have either removed or moved their reports with their webpages no longer working, LAT CBS2, but see the story here.)
* 20 Years Later, Chicago's Robeson High Beats Adam's City Record: In 2009, one out of eight Robeson High School female students were pregnant, with those 115 pregnancies beating out Colorado's Adam's City High's 108 Babies Born in a single year. Bob Enyart exited his post with this Denver area school district in 1990 with a highly publicized resignation letter. Here's the text of Bob's guest editorial as printed (see above) by the Rocky Mountain News on Feb. 19, 1993:
Three years ago tomorrow I resigned for a stupid reason from the Adams County District 14 Accountability Committee. Super-intendent Richard Weber had just implemented a condom distribution program to reduce teen pregnancy and disease. I somehow had the backward notion that this would increase teen pregnancy, so I resigned in protest.
Eventually, though, we all read of Adams City High School's birth rate increase of 42% (May 5, 1992, "Teen moms abound at Adams High"). One birth for every eight girls yielded 108 children in one year. A record! A couple of years earlier, my resignation read:
"To the District 14 Board of Education:
"I am hereby resigning. By distributing condoms in Adams City High School, we are running the risk of increasing teen pregnancy, AIDS and venereal disease among our children.
"When the board chose this course of action, it did not reference any studies that indicated condom distribution would help reduce teen sexual problems. Why? Because there are none. The studies show the opposite.
"Planned Parenthood Federation of America financed a 1986 Harris poll, 'The Planned Parenthood Poll: American Teens Speak: Sex, Myths, TV and Birth Control.' The teens in the poll admitted that Planned Parenthood- approved 'comprehensive sex education courses' did affect their behavior: There was a 50% higher rate of sexual activity for them after the class, with no significant increase in birth control use.
"Since the early 1970s, Congress has poured tens of millions of dollars into Planned Parenthood to help it bring sexuality curricula into our schools. During that time, the teen pregnancy rate soared by 90%, to more than a million each year, plus nearly 500,000 teen abortions per year, an increase of 230%.
"A Johns Hopkins study reported by Zelnick and Kantner in Planned
Parenthood's 'Family Planning Perspectives' showed that from 1971 to 1976 unintended pregnancy was actually higher among contraceptive users than among non-users! In these years Planned Parenthood services became widespread to students.
"How safe are condoms? 'Family Planning Perspectives' reported in October 1986 an 18% annual failure rate for 'safe sex' condoms.
"The 'Planned Parenthood News' boldly stated, 'Our goal is to be ready as educators to help young people obtain sex satisfaction before marriage.' They meet their goal well.
"Focus on the Family's James Dobson recently aired an interview with Kristi. With her boyfriend Jason, she attended a Planned Parenthood birth control class. The topics were so explicit and enticing that he persuaded Kristi to have sex with him immediately after the class in the front seat of his car, without protection.
"Unhappy parents were assured they could keep their children out of the condom program. Oh, really? How about the parents of 14-year-old Susan, whose boyfriend pulls out a school condom? How were they to protect their daughter
from this program?
"The board says, 'Be realistic, teen-agers are going to have sex anyway.' That is fatalism, not realism. Sex ruins kids' lives. Do we lack faith in our children's character? If we expect 10th graders to have sex, they will. But if we challenge them with self-respect and abstinence, many will live up to that standard. Instead, we have set an impossible goal for our kids: Have sex and avoid the consequences.
"I have pulled my children out of the district and will keep them out until basic morality, which is constitutional, returns."
Three years later, my kids are still out. The boys at Adams City are having a field day and the girls, well, they will pay the price for years to come. When a prediction contrary to intended results comes true, the wise will take notice. District 14 has yet to take notice.
-Bob Enyart, Denver Talk Radio Host [in the Rocky Mountain News 2-19-93]
* And from Answers in Genesis:
* Bob with Caplis and Silverman Against School Birth Control: On KHOW radio last week with Dan Caplis & Craig Silverman, you can hear Bob (beginning at 22 minutes in) argue against the Denver school promoting sex to children by giving condoms, birth control pills, and the abortion pill Plan B to children beginning at age twelve. (By the way, have you ever noticed that their show's webpage, the one that you get to from KHOW's home page, doesn't even display their names? And for two lawyers, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that even the name of their show doesn't appear, except in the fine print.)
Today's Resource: Go to kgov.com/store to check out our Government Department at our online store. See our classic God's Criminal Justice System seminar, God and the Death Penalty , Live from Las Vegas , and Bob on Drugs DVDs, and our powerhouse Focus on the Strategy resources!
* "The Thaw" Video Removed from YouTube: If you know where we can find a copy of The Thaw, about the public school bullying of Christian kids, please let us know. By the way, the YouTube code for the film was DYaJjiHr4rs.
* September 22 CRTL Banquet: Please join Bob and Cheryl Enyart and their boys on Saturday night, September 22 at the Colorado Right to Life annual banquet. The pro-life movement is at a crossroads. By CRTL's national leadership, the personhood wing of the movement is on the advance, and the child-killing regulators are on the defensive. Please, call BEL to register for the banquet at 303-463-7789, or go to CRTL and register online right now!