* A Bad Day Homeschooling Is Better Than...
Homeschoolers score 15 to 30 percentile points above
public-school students on standardized academic tests.
See source below.
* On Today's Broadcast: Bob Enyart and George Sechrist, vice president of Christian Home Educators of Colorado, CHEC, talk about homeschooling, public schools, standardized tests, how to avoid public school socialization, the upcoming massive June 17-19th homeschool conference in Denver, and this Friday's Homeschool Day at the Capitol! And regardless of where you live, find out more about homeschooling and help save kids!
* National Home Education Research Institute: NHERI findings back up Bob's recollection of the academic performance of homeschool students vs. kids unfortunate enough to be stuck in the godless government schools:
- Homeschoolers score 15 to 30 percentile points above public-school students on standardized academic tests. (The public school average is of course 50%.)
- Homeschool students score above average on achievement tests regardless of their parents’ level of formal education or their family’s household income.
- Whether homeschool parents were ever certified teachers is not related to their children’s academic achievement.
- Home-educated students typically score above average on the SAT and ACT tests that colleges consider for admissions and homeschool students are increasingly being actively recruited by colleges.
* Compare This:
* To This:
* Which Is Far Far Worse Than Even This:
* The Case Against Public Schools: See also Bob's interview with author Bruce Shortt. That page is aka kgov.com/public-schools.
* BEL is in great need: If you can help financially, please call 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278) or give online or help by making a purchase of any of our great BEL resources (or, if you can't decide, consider getting the entire Enyart Library!) at our KGOV Store!
Post-show UPDATE: Shame on Georgia Right To Life: for introducing yet another "pro-life" bill that regulates the intentional killing of unborn children. Laws that end with, "and then you can kill the baby" are bad laws. See ARTL's Statement Against Georgia's SB 529 as requested by a Georgia legislator for use in a hearing on the proposed regulation.
* Personhood is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Will you be one who fights to end the systematic dehumanization and murder of an entire class of citizen? If you live in any state in America, you can advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways. If you live in Colorado join by calling or e-mailing Personhood Colorado or Colorado Right to Life.
* It’s Up to You, New York: For years Bob Enyart Live has maintained a position that while locking up more and more criminals would lead to a temporary reduction in crime rates, it would ultimately fail to end the crime epidemic. Now the jail terms are ending, a new generation of criminals is coming of age and the epidemic is returning to The City.
* A Czar is Born: Seconding the notion of Michelle Obama regarding the birthplace America’s 44th president is one James Orengo, Kenyan member of parliament. He feels America had a real “kum-ba-ya “moment in the 2008 election of Barry Hussein and even though we’re not all born in the same land can’t we all just get along.
* Freshly Fertilized: It’s no surprise when ABC reporters, NARAL mouth pieces and Planned Parenthood organs use dehumanizing terms for the tiniest boys and girls. Personhood advocates have lambasted them for their use of terms like “fertilized egg”, so now they’re saying we want to give rights to “freshly fertilized eggs”, (thinking that this makes the Personhood argument even that much more ridiculous). But it is comments from so called pro-life organizations regarding Personhood and recent abortion regulations that receive the bulk of Bob’s, and co-host Doug McBurney’s ire.
* PETA Principle: While PETA implicitly supports legalized abortion, they draw the line at making elephants uncomfortable in any way.
Personhood is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Will you be one who fights to end the systematic dehumanization and murder of an entire class of citizen? Or will you stay in your comfort zone? If you live in any state in America, you can advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways. If you live in Colorado join by calling or e-mailing Personhood Colorado or Colorado Right to Life.
Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!