* Conditions on the Pre-Flood Earth: A member of Fred William's forum at EvolutionFairytale.com wrote and asked Bob and Fred to discuss on air what the world would have been like before the global flood. So the guys talk about the:
- massive remnants of arctic circle forests
- remains of millions of mammoths in the arctic circle
- the earth's rapidly declining magnetic field
- the rich oxygen content in air bubbles trapped in ancient amber
- the canopy theory
- no thorns and thistles prior to Adam's fall
- the Earth later rolling on its axis.
* Earth's Roll on its Axis: This last item explains a lot. All that arctic circle life, in its forests, and its plant and animal life grew on a more temperate part of the Earth that later rolled northward to the arctic circle. This explains how there was enough light, liquid water, and warmth for that all that biomass to accumulate. And on this Real Science Friday show co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart make the second RSR prediction.
* RSR Prediction #2 on Fossil Mutations: When a systematic assessment of mutations in the fossil record is made (such as with teeth, skeletons, dinosaur soft tissue, etc.), it will show far fewer mutations in the fossil record as compared to modern mutations. This will demonstrate the lower mutation load that flows naturally as predicted by creationists.
* Today's Continents vs. Yesterday: Nearly a mile of sedimentary depostis cover continents today, and they contain billions of dead things laid down by water all over the earth. How were things different before the global flood? Here are some examples.
* Mummified Arctic Forest and Frozen Mammoths: Scientists report the existence of an enormous forest of mummified trees in the arctic circle. Dozens of frozen mammoth discoveries along with massive tusk deposits indicate that millions of mammoths lived in what today is the arctic circle. They couldn't survive there today. Why not? They didn't have wool; they didn't have oil glands under their skin; they would loose too much warmth from their trunks; they require a hundred pounds of vegetation per day; and yet the arctic doesn't get enough sunlight for all that vegetation to grow; and in the winter time, surface water is frozen typically to three feet deep.
* Oxygen Content: Secular scientists have found air bubbles in fossilized sap (amber) and the oxygen content is typically measured as much higher than it is today. Hyperbaric chambers today are used for growing plants and to treat human patients, indicating that this would be a healthier environment.
* Magnetic Field: Dr. Russell Humphreys from Los Angeles National Laboratories has shown that the magnetic field of the earth was once much stronger, which provided greater protection for life on earth from the radioactivity of the Sun. And with the magnetic field's rapid decay rate, when you reverse that decay by taking into account the current half-life of our magnetic field, the results provide evidence that the earth is not millions of years old.
* Thorns and Thistles: Prior to the Fall, there were no thorns and thistles and so the Earth freely gave to man his sustenance. Yet God designed the Earth so that if men sinned, it would become much more difficult for men to earn a living. Why? As shown by so many rock stars, lottery winners, and celebrities, when we have so much material wealth that we don't need one another, it's often easier to break up then to work through our problems. So, as Barbara Streisand sang, "People who need people are the luckiest people in the world." Beside the fact that luck does not exist, this thought was one thing of value that Streisand contributed to mankind. And while he didn't know why, Austrian economist Ludwig von Mises' observation is true because of The Fall, as he wrote in Human Action, p. 390 that, "There is in nature no such thing as a stream of income." See also kgov.com/mises.
* Post-show Bonus Topic -- Painless Childbirth: Pain in childbirth is a result of sin. For as a result of Adam and Eve's sin, to the woman God said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children..." (Gen. 3:16). After being created on the sixth day (Gen. 1:27), Adam sinned so quickly that his wife did not even have time to conceive a child before the Fall. However, if Eve had given birth before the Fall, she would not have experienced pain in childbirth. Why not? As a result of Lucifer tempting Eve, God then put enmity between him and mankind. And as a result of Eve's sin, God multiplied the length of time for human gestation. (He did this most likely by a factor of 1.5, from six months, six being the biblical number for man, to nine months, nine being a number for judgement.) Sin and death destroyed the perfection of the cosmos itself, for "the creation was subjected to futility" (Rom. 8:21) and as the Apostle Paul continued, "For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now" (Rom. 8:22). So after man's sin, the Earth became a hostile place to live. This would be especially true for tiny human newborns who would therefore have a terribly high mortality rate. So God designed Adam and Eve so that if they sinned, children would grow much larger in the womb (as compared to many other animals, and as compared to His original design). As God said to the woman, "I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; in pain you shall bring for children" (Gen. 3:16). For by a typical figure of speech, using the beginning of something to represent the whole, the term conception is a metaphor meaning gestation, in the same way that an author with three titles on the best-seller list doesn't have simply three "titles" on that list, but three books! By multiplying a woman's gestation, her baby would have a much greater chance of surviving in our hostile world, but this comes at the expense of mom's discomfort and pain.
Today’s Resource: Get a science DVD, book, or written, audio or video debate from us and this will help BEL continue to reach people with our Real Science Radio broadcasts! Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet (clip), and Illustra Media’s Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart’s Age of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendous Creation magazine and Ken Ham's Answers magazine! Or to order call BEL at 1-800-8Enyart.
* Special Editions of Real Science Friday:
- BEL's famous List of Not-So-Old Things
- Bob's debate with Christian Darwinist British author James Hannam
- PZ Myers blogs against Real Science Radio so we hit back with the PZ Trochlea Challenge
- Waiting for Darwin's Other Shoe: Science mag cover: Darwin Was Wrong on the Tree of Life
- Microbiologist in Studio: Creation Research Society Quarterly editor on new genetic findings
- Caterpillar Kills Atheism: describe how a bug could evolve to liquefy itself and then build itself into a flying creature
- And see the RSR Offer of $2,000 to get 16 letters of the alphabet in their correct places; $500 paid in 1998; $1,500 in 2010...
For our RSR Friends: in case you miss other BEL programs, here are some of the atheists Bob Enyart has debated:
- ABC's Reginald Finley, called The Infidel Guy, from ABC's Wife Swap program; 3-26-07;
- TheologyOnLine's psychologist Zakath in a 10-round moderated written online debate, also available in soft cover;
- John Henderson who wrote the book God.com 6-15-2006;
- Leading anti-creationist Eugenie Scott of the Nat'l Center for Science Education, exhumed 5-6-05;
- Michael Shermer, an editor with Scientific American and the Skeptic Society who in this famous 73-second excerpt on BEL denied that the sun is a light, illustrating that it's tough debating atheists when they're hesitant to admit to even the most obvious common ground. 8-28-03