* RSR Interviews the World's Most Popular Authority on Jericho: Based on Google search rankings, archaeologist Bryant Wood is the world's most popular authority on: Jericho excavation. Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams have a great time celebrating with Dr. Wood the many discoveries of secular archaeologists that confirm important details in Joshua's account of the city and its destruction. Thus the ruins of perhaps the world's greatest, oldest city corroborate one of the most amazing accounts in the Bible. A minor consistency to add to the evidence discussed in the interview is Dame Kathleen Kenyon's finding that, "the collapse of [Jericho's] walls... seems to have taken place before they were affected by fire."
* Also on Real Science Radio: from rsr.org/archaeology see...
- rsr.org/jericho (this program)
- and from our store, get Patterns of Evidence - The Exodus!
* Disagreement with Dr. Wood: RSR is encouraged by Dr. Wood's support for the traditional date for the Exodus at approximately 1450 B.C. A few years after this interview though Bob became convinced that the Exodus occured during Egypt's 13th Dynasty and not during the 18th as Dr. Wood maintains. A shift in Egypt's chronology is presented in Tim Mahoney's successful film Patterns of Evidence as documented in the 2015 book Exodus: Myth or History? written by agnostic Egyptologist David Rohl. This work by Rohl could, ironically, potentially undermine or it could greatly strengthen a believer's confidence in the historical accuracy of the Old Testament. Bob Enyart strongly recommends this scholar's work.
* Regarding Jericho's Pottery: Chapters 14 and 15 of Rohl's fascinating text quotes leading experts arguing that Wood's Jericho "pottery" claim for the 18th Dynasty and a related pottery claim that's been widely offered against the historicity of the Book of Joshua, are both unreliable. (Wood's argument is for a late dynasty, and the widespread related argument is for a late date for the Exodus.)
* Two RSR Videos: The two short RSR videos below are important for us to reach more people with the truth of God's word. So please check 'em out! BTW, as you look at them that will boost their numbers of views, which thereby helps more people discover them because they will therefore rank higher in various search results. (As an aside: If there is an important web page that you'd like to help more people find, rather than typing in its address, like rsr.org/dinosaur-soft-tissue, instead you can search for:
dinosaur soft tissue
Then by clicking on the article that you want to promote (like ours at kgov :), you'll be helping to increase its rankings in search engine results! (You can try this to help us promote: young earth, at our youngearth.com, and: nautiloids, at youngearth.com, and: what does the bible say about abortion, at Bob Enyart's article at AmericanRTL.org, and what does the bible say about pot, right here at KGOV.com/pot. Thanks!
* The Bible Gets Easier to Understand: Apparent contradictions plague many Bible students. Therefore in his life's work, The Plot, Bob Enyart set out to demonstrate how hundreds of such contradictions disappear when the reader applies the big picture of the Bible to its details. Tunnel vision focuses so narrowly on a problem that the solution often lies just out of view. As the pastor of Denver Bible Church, Bob Enyart teaches Christians how to use the whole counsel of God to understand the plot of the Bible and solve biblical mysteries. As with all of our BEL resources, The Plot comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee! And as we become proficient in the big picture, that is, the overview of the story of the Bible, then countless details, including as one small example, about the cities of refuge, become increasingly clear!
* A Related Bible Study on the Cities of Refuge: The Old Testament account of the cities of refuge can be very hard to understand... until you see that the story is about Jesus. Check it out in the Bible and enjoy it as taught in Volume II of Bob's study of the Book of Joshua!
Today's Resource: Get both volumes, I & II, of Bob Enyart's verse-by-verse study of The Book of Joshua, for a discounted price. And you can enjoy these or any of Bob's studies, made available by book title or by topic, or you can subscribe or donate online or by calling 1-800-8Enyart (303-463-7789).