* Flood Model Email Discussion Between Docs: Bob Enyart interviews Dr. Joshua Spencer, Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering, about his email conversation with a leading creation geologist debating the fountains-of-the-great-deep hydroplate theory (HPT) model of the global flood as compared to the catastrophic plate tectonics (CPT) model. Running out of broadcast time, Enyart and Spencer decided to postpone to next week's interview discussion of the HPT's explanation of the origin of Earth's radioactivity. Beginning with today's program they address:
1. the false notion of Pangea and the fit of the continents (which deceptively shrinks Africa by 35% to make it work)
2. an objection that the HPT model can't explain the Appalachian Mountains
3. the frequent misunderstanding by its opponents of Dr. Walt Brown's HPT
4. the CPT idea that magma rising from the mantle produced the jets of water that rained down upon the earth (see also rsr.org/magma)
5. a denial that the CPT model depends on a series of ad hoc miracles to make it work
6. the majority-rules argument that creationists should trust CPT because more geologists support it than the HPT
7. the assessment from this leading CPT geologist that the "HPT still gets a hearing in many circles. And CPT is not as widely well received as you might think."
* In Connecticut? Join Josh and his wife Dr. Devon Spencer at their Saturday April 2, 2016 creation conference. Details are at creationct.com.
* Kuhn on the Contribution of Outsiders: When RSR hears the invalid arguments against Walt Brown's HPT that “no creation geologist supports HPT” and “what does he know, he is not a geologist”, we think of Thomas Kuhn's acclaimed work, The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, where he wrote:
Almost always the men who achieve these fundamental inventions of a new paradigm have been either very young or very new to the field whose paradigm they change… these are men who, being little committed by prior practice to the traditional rules of normal science, are particularly likely to see that those rules no longer define a playable game and to conceive another set that can replace them.
John Dalton, for example, the father of atomic theory and Bible believing creationist, began his career not as a chemist but as a meteorologist.
* Comment from Wisconsin Listener: "I am looking forward to part two next week. While listening to Dr. Spencer it struck me that opponents of the HPT often mention one thing that they are convinced (often in error) that Walt Brown's theory cannot explain, while ignoring the dozens and dozens of significant features that it DOES EXPLAIN explain, simply and logically, and/or are perfectly consistent with the HPT explanation – including some recent discoveries below its surface and beyond its orbit." - Jane Albright P.E., engineer formerly with the U.S. Navy nuclear program
* See Also Real Science Radio's:
1. List of Answers to Hydroplate Objections Pt 1 (voltage from granite; 360-day year; origin of limestone)
2. List of Answers to Hydroplate Objections Pt 2 (QuakeFinder's Tom Bleier on electromagnetic quake forecasting)
3. Dr. Josh Spencer Answers HPT Objections (this show: email exchange with a CPT proponent)
4. Dr. Spencer Answers HPT Objections Pt 2 (addressing the origin of Earth's radioactivity)
- rsr.org/flood-model-verses draft spreadsheet called Flood Models & Bible Verses
* Regarding the Magma Topic that Dr. Spencer Raised: Consider the video that goes along with our program over at rsr.org/magma...