* A Bad Day Homeschooling Is Better Than: Bob Enyart and George Sechrist, vice president of Christian Home Educators of Colorado, CHEC, talk about homeschooling, public schools, standardized tests, how to avoid public school socialization, the upcoming massive June 17-19th homeschool conference in Denver, and this Friday's Homeschool Day at the Capitol! And regardless of where you live, find out more about homeschooling and help save kids!
* National Home Education Research Institute: NHERI findings back up Bob's recollection of the academic performance of homeschool students vs. kids unfortunate enough to be stuck in the godless government schools:
- Homeschoolers score 15 to 30 percentile points above public-school students on standardized academic tests. (The public school average is of course 50%.)
- Homeschool students score above average on achievement tests regardless of their parents’ level of formal education or their family’s household income.
- Whether homeschool parents were ever certified teachers is not related to their children’s academic achievement.
- Home-educated students typically score above average on the SAT and ACT tests that colleges consider for admissions and homeschool students are increasingly being actively recruited by colleges.
* BEL is in great need: If you can help financially, please call 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278) or give online or help by making a purchase of any of our great BEL resources (or, if you can't decide, consider getting the entire Enyart Library!) at our KGOV Store!
Post-show UPDATE: Shame on Georgia Right To Life: for introducing yet another "pro-life" bill that regulates the intentional killing of unborn children. Laws that end with, "and then you can kill the baby" are bad laws. See ARTL's Statement Against Georgia's SB 529 as requested by a Georgia legislator for use in a hearing on the proposed regulation.
* Personhood is the most important human rights movement of your lifetime. Will you be one who fights to end the systematic dehumanization and murder of an entire class of citizen? If you live in any state in America, you can advance personhood via the 2010 ballot or in one of three different ways. If you live in Colorado join by calling or e-mailing Personhood Colorado or Colorado Right to Life.
* Today’s Resource: You can enjoy one or two of Bob Enyart’s entertaining and insightful videos each month, mailed to you automatically, simply by subscribing to the BEL Monthly Topical Videos service! Also, you can check out the other great BEL subscription services!