* Saved Lakes & Snowflakes, Spiders & Migrators: Bob Enyart and co-host Fred Williams have a fun time on this episode of Real Science Radio talking through the Spring 2010 issue of Creation magazine including on:
- Dinosaurs: first they reduced the number of species by half, now, they're reducing the weight by half
- DNA: IBM looks to the brilliant design of the DNA molecule for ideas for microchips
- Spider Silk: stronger than steal, and a rope the thickness of a garden hose could lift two 737s
- Footprints on a Beach: fossilized provide more evidence like worldwide of rapid fossilization
- Birds See Magnetism: birds' beaks don't sense earth's magnetic field, but they can SEE it
* Lakes are Saved because Water Expands When Cooled: The rule of science is, generally, that materials expand when heated. But not water. The ecosystem in tens of millions of lakes is saved because water expands as it freezes. So the floating ice protects the fish! For otherwise, the ice would sink and freeze lakes from the bottom up, exposing and killing all the fish. By God's brilliant design that takes into account both physics and biology, the ice itself forms a blanket of protection keeping the water below liquid and nice and warm (for a fish that is, 32 degrees and warmer).
* Snowflake Design: Snowflake design is based on chemistry. But the information on a printed page, just like that in DNA, is NOT based on chemistry. And by the way, the man who spent 50 years on scientific research and who thereby introduced the world to the beauty of snowflakes, Willie Bentley, attributed the intricacy, wonder, and beauty of the universe, from snowflakes to galaxies, to our Creator God! Finally, years ago Bob Enyart saw photographs of man-made snowflakes (as at a ski resort) and recalls how ugly they were; RSR would love to display such photos, so if you come across any, please let us know at Bob@realscienceradio.com. Thanks!
* Two Years Later, the Answer to RSR's Request Appeared Online: London's Daily Mail published Snowflakes: scientists capture incredible close-ups, courtesy of the USDA, the U.S. taxpapers, and... God!
* RMCF Presents the World's Leading Expert on the Shroud: Tonight, if you're in the Denver area, at 7 p.m. come join Bob and Fred Williams to hear Dr. John P. Jackson, probably the world's leading expert on the Shroud of Turin, as he speaks at the Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship! Dr. Jackson's extremely well-researched and robust presentation moved Bob from being a shroud skeptic to now believing that the Turin artifact may be genuine.
* Five Years Later, A 2015 Shroud Update: As reported: "A Roman coin (a Pontius Pilate lepton) had been placed over the right eye of the man whose image was on the Shroud. That coin was minted between 29 AD and 32 AD. Discernible on the coin was a misspelled word, which further identifies the coin, because 'at least four other Pilate coins currently exist that exhibit this misspelling.' Placing coins over the eyes of the deceased was a common burial practice in Jerusalem between the 1st Century BC through the 1st Century AD. [See Mark Antonacci, Test the Shroud at the Atomic and Molecular Levels (United States: LE Press, LLC, 2015), pp. 69-75.]"
* May 14th Come Out to Hear Mt. St. Helen's geologist Steve Austin: and on Saturday May 15th join Dr. Austin in a field trip to Red Rocks in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains! And do you remember that Darwin's Tree of Life has been debunked by mainstream evolutionists? And do you recall RSF's stunning List of Not-So-Old Things?
* Today's Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in our KGOV Store? You just might love it!