* So we did! Ha! 8/14/20 Update: The Cancel Culture got to our petition. Change.org took down our Russia Pulitizer petition because "it violated our Community Guidelines." Right. By telling the truth (Gal. 4:16). See this now on BEL's List of When We've Been Dissed! 8/18 Update: Here's a knockoff petition! 8/20 Update: Now they squashed even the knockoff petition. Sheesh!
* First Time BEL Takes a Trump Suggestion and This Happens: Earlier this week on the Fox News Channel on Hannity president Trump said, "Frankly, [somebody] ought to start a petition to return the Pulitzer prize because they were all wrong." So we did. Until change.org unceremonisously quashed our petition it was at change.org/p/ny-times-and-
The New York Times and Washington Post connected hundreds of dots that had no actual connections in what Pulitzer ironically called their "deeply sourced, relentlessly reported coverage... of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and its CONNECTIONS to the Trump campaign..." Trump/Russian collusion is known today to be false including through the investigations of the Special Counsel Robert Mueller, the Senate Intelligence Committee, the House Intelligence Committee, and the Inspector General of the Justice Department. Rather, the actual collusion to interfere in the election was committed when Hillary Clinton spent millions purchasing the anonymous Russian disinformation that filled the falsified Steele dossier used by the Obama/Biden administration's weaponized law enforcement and intelligence communities to spy on their political opponents and attempt to undermine the election and their later attempt at a treasonous coup against a duly elected American president. Donald Trump on Aug. 11, 2020 said on Hannity on the Fox News Channel, "about Russia... the New York Times... and the Washington Post... they got the Pulitzer Prize. The Pulitzer Prize is worthless as far as I'm concerned..." Pulitzer Board, rescind the prize. NY Times, stop the lies. And with the Washington Post, return the prize.
* Also on today's program: We discussed Obama's Safe School's Czar, our lawsuit announced on yesterday's program Bob Sues the Government, our brief email reply to a leftist anti-Trumper who's been trolling Bob, and Bob's reply to leftist listener who wrote in that Christians should all believe the earth is flat because the Bible says it's flat.
* Obama's Safe School's director and GLSEN founder Kevin Jennings who promotes pedophiles through his praise of pedophilia advocate Harry Hay who worked with NAMBLA (the North American Man/Boy Love Association dedicated to repeal age of consent laws and end the "opression of men and boys in consensual relationships"), who thanks the 25-year-old man who raped him when he was 14, and who wished that experience on other boys, sometimes saying, "13, 14, 15-year old kids [who] would be welcoming this", and at other times, lowering that age, as he did speaking publicly in San Francisco in a forum titled, Man/Boy Love and Sexual Liberation, "I think that the 12-year-old, 13-year-old boy approaching puberty knows [what] he needs... and he wants very much to reach out and find someone who will give this to him." Pervert freak. And Jennings is just as bad for honoring Hay, and Obama is worse for absurdly giving Jennings a "safe schools" appointment. (Find this at kgov.com/pedophiles, kgov.com/homos, and kgov.com/superfluous.)
* Christian Religious Orders that Taught a Flat Earth: Which of the following Christian authorities and organizations taught the flat Earth?
- Of Catholic religious orders...
(Franciscans, Dominicans, Augustinians, Benedictines, Trappists, Carmelites, etc.)
- Of Protestant denominations...
(Lutherans, Anglicans, Methodists, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, Congregationalists, Church of Christ, Baptists, etc.)
- Of Eastern Christianity...
(Eastern Orthodox, Oriental, Ethiopian, Eastern Catholic, Assyrian)
- Of the Popes of the Roman Catholic Church...
(which among all 266 of them)
- Of the councils...
(Jerusalem, Rome, Ephesus, Carthage, Antioch, Nicea, etc.)
- Of the creeds...
(Apostles, Nicene, Chalcedonian, Athanasian, etc.)
- Of the confessions
(Augsburg, Confession of Faith, Heidelberg, 95 Theses, Canons of Dordt, Westminster, etc.)
- Of the Reformation's universities...
(Universities of Geneva, Jena, Leiden, Dublin, Groningen, Strasbourg, Utrecht, etc.)
- Of the Christian-founded universities of the Middle Ages...
(Oxford, Cambridge, Universities of Paris, Bologna, Rome, Toulouse, Pisa, Orleans, Prague, Salamanca, Florence, Monpellier, Naples, Dublin, Vienna, Heidelberg, Cologne, Barcelona, Basel, Glasgow, Tübingen, Aberdeen, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Bonaventure, St. Andrews, etc.)
- Of the church's leading historical theologians and authors...
(Justin Martyr d. 165, Athenagros, 190, Clement 216, Tertullian 220, Origen 254, Cyprian 258, Athanasius 373, Basil 379, Gregory 395, Ambrose 397, Chrysostom 407, Jerome 420, Augustine 430, Cyril 444, Boethius 525, Gregory the Great 604, Anselm 1109, Hildegard 1179, Magnus 1280, Francis 1286, Bonaventure 1274, Aquinas 1274, John Duns Scotus 1308, William of Ockham 1347, Wycliffe 1384, Zwingli 1531, Erasmus 1535, Luther 1546, Servetus 1553, Ignatius 1556, Melanchthon 1560, Menno 1561, Calvin 1564, Knox 1572, John Foxe 1587, Arminius 1609, John Milton 1674, Owen 1683, John Bunyan 1688, Whitefield 1770, Wesley 1791, etc.)
Answer: NONE OF THEM.
If the Bible actually taught a flat Earth, and especially prior to Copernican heliocentrism, one would expect the church to have taught the flat Earth. But the Bible doesn't, and the church never has. Against the truth, millions of atheists, etc., continue to allege that the church has historically taught a flat earth either because those materialists are uneducated or because they are willing to make false accusations. See the links at rsr.org/flat-earth#prof for University of California history professor Dr. Jeffrey Russell's writings Inventing the Flat Earth and The Myth of the Flat Earth. Today though, combining the negative effects of social media with the low-quality science education of our public schools, and we have a global phenomenon whereby, as per above, 10% of the population of France (a secular society) is unsure about a spherical Earth, and remember, according to LiveScience the president of the Flat Earth Society Daniel Shenton is a Darwinist. (Find this at rsr.org/flat-earth.)
* Bob Sues the Government: Bob Enyart, as the pastor of Denver Bible Church, along with pastor Joey Rhoads, of Brighton Colorado's Community Baptist Church, through their attorneys Rebecca Messall and Brad Bergford, have filed suit against the federal and state governments. If we here at BEL present this lawsuit in the vernacular using our typical talk-radio street-talk style, please don't hold that against our attorneys who have dotted every i and crossed every t. We've sued Steve Mnuchin, Secretary of the Treasury, Alex Azar, HHS Secretary, Chad Wolf, Homeland Security Secretary, and the vacant Office of the Governor, State of Colorado, and Jill Ryan, director of the Colorado Deparment of Health. DBC v. the Federal and Colorado Governments is case #1:20-cv-02362.