* Hear Will Duffy's Opening Statement: from...
* Duffy Debates/Introduces Open Theism to a Novice Calvinist: This event provides an insight that many other debates cannot. Have you ever wondered about the average Calvinist, that is, the non-theologian, who dutifully believes what he's been told about God and the Bible? Will Duffy's debate here provides insight into thousands or perhaps millions of Calvinist believers who themselves have minimal familiarity even with their own belief system and only have a distorted caricature, based on what they've been told, of the view that the future cannot be settled but most be open, because God is free and inexhaustibly creative. Of course, Duffy was respectful and gracious toward CJ Borns.
* Most Calvinists: How Can Anyone Trust God if God were Free? Something that has come across in most of our debates though was present here also. You can hear the non-open theist say that if God had a truly free and functioning "will" that He could not be trustworthy. We've noticed that Calvinism undermines a believer's relationship with the Lord into one that trusts the God's supposed inabilities rather than His active love and commitment to righteousness. They ask, incredulously, "How can you possibly trust God if God is free?" Will Duffy's answer paraphrased Scripture. "God demonstrated His love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." That is how we know that we can trust Him. Not because of any supposed attributes of impassibility, immutability, impecability (which are inabilities and the attributes of a stone idol) but we can trust Him because God has demonstrated His trustworthiness and faithfulness, which are not inabilities but positive attributes. (See this discussed in Bob's reply in the comments on YouTube under Duffy's open theism debate with Matt Slick.)
* For More BEL Discussion of this Educational Event: Tune in to...
- Duffy's Opening Statement (this program)
- Will's Cross Examination
- Duffy being Cross Examined
- A Most Comprehensive Closing Statement
- And you can see the discussion on YouTube.
* Today's Resource: Check out the format and perspective that's most helpful to your desire to evaluate these issues. At our KGOV Store: we have presentations, downloadable or on disc, called Chosen: It's Not What You Think, Bob's 3-DVD or downloadable seminar on Open Theism, and another on Predestination & Free Will and a moderated P&FW Debate! Also, you can get the P&FW seminar in an audio format on a single MP3 CD). And you can also call 1-800-8Enyart (836-9278) to order or to talk with us about which of our DVDs, books, or CD audio teachings may interest you!