- I have a funny Romney story that I almost forgot about. In 2008, I went to a Romney event (he was running for President) to let everyone know about his pro-abortion record. A lady walked up to toward me and I told her that Romney was a pro-abort. She said she thought he was pro-life, and that's why she was there. I corrected her and she said there was no point in her being there then. She dropped her Romney pamphlet on the ground and got back in her car and left.
- My wife is smart: "Politics is now nothing more than a spectator sport." Exactly... I'ts perfectly fine to be a die-hard Broncos fans and support the team no matter who the players are or what the players believe.
And now that politics is nothing more than a spectator sport, people support their team, the GOP, no matter who the players are and no matter what they stand for. Scary stuff...
- While most people plan on voting once in November, I'll be voting twice. That's right, TWICE. Everyone tells me that since I'm not voting for Romney, I'm actually voting for Obama. (There's vote #1.) And so the opposite must also be true. Since I'm not voting for Obama, I must be voting for Romney. (There's vote #2.) One election, two votes.
- If a 3rd party rises up in this country, it should be called the "We ought to obey God, rather than men" Party.
- How many people would have told William Wilberforce they were sick and tired of him talking about slavery?
- Mormonism has always been a cult. And of course, the only thing that could ever change that is the GOP nominating a Mormon as the Republican nominee. Now, Christians en masse claim Mormons are Christians too. Unbelievable...
But here's the irony in the whole turn of events. Romney separates himself from Christianity! So here we have Christians setting aside GOD for the GOP, claiming that Mormons are just like any other Christian, while Mormons believe nothing of the sort.
Romney gave the 2012 commencement address at Liberty University, the largest Christian university in the country. Liberty U teaches that Mormonism is a cult and so Romney, being politically savvy, said this in his speech to the audience made up of Christians of all denominations:
"People of different faiths, like yours and mine, sometimes wonder where we can meet in common purpose, when there are so many differences in creed and theology."
- I'm pretty down today and felt the need to modify the famous quote (often attributed to Edmund Burke) to make it for fitting for the times.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to support that evil."
- When given options A and A, a wise man often chooses B.
Yes, I'm talking about the November election. For all intents and purposes, there is no difference between the R and D.
- "Hey Will, have you seen how bad Obama's record is?"
Will - "Yup."
"We need to get him out!"
Will - "Have you seen Romney's record?"
"His record doesn't matter, just what he's now saying on the campaign trail. That's what we have to go on."
Will - "So why wouldn't we ignore Obama's record and go only on what he is saying on the campaign trail? He said everything is going to be great if we only give him 4 more years. Sounds like a double standard to me."
- All my friends are asking me to become a hypocrite. I have principles which do not allow me to vote for Obama. They support me in that, but then ask me violate the exact same principles to vote for Romney. Why would I do that?
- Who are you going to vote for in November?
- Barack Romney
- Mitt Obama
- I'm Against Obama More Than You
The GOP's strategy of compromising in order to win hasn't worked. McCain was pretty liberal and transparent to the fact that he was not a Christian. He was slaughtered.
If the GOP was smart, they would have realized their compromise strategy was a bad strategy, but instead they thought they didn't compromise enough. So they picked Romney, who's even further left than McCain and a Mormon no less. The GOP is testing if mega-compromise is the path to victory.
If they win, have we really won? Of course not. We need to think big picture and long term here. Candidates that run as Christian, pro-life, anti-gay marriage politicians do quite well. (Reagan, W. Bush)
What message do we want to send the GOP? That we stand with their compromising strategy or that we're more than willing to lose a battle in order to win the war?
- Glenn Beck, a Mormon and Republican cheerleader, asked Rand Paul today for some assistance on what to tell people who think voting for Romney will just get us more of what Obama has to offer. I appreciate Glenn Beck seeking out help in that regard. That's a tough challenge to rebut.
Rand Paul's answer? "I think we'll be better off." That's not an answer Rand!
- If you're familiar with Maury's paternity tests, this is about the funniest thing I've ever seen.
- Proverbs 16:8 says, "Better is a little with righteousness, than vast revenues without justice."
Sadly, every election cycle reminds us that Christians have abandoned God's word.
- God does not call on us to only vote against Obama. He calls on us to vote against any politician willing to kill innocent children.
So in some elections, we are called on to vote against both candidates.
- God hates the hands that shed innocent blood. (Prov. 6:17) That would include Mitt Romney.
- ObamaCare is the lesser of two evil socialized healthcare mandates when compared to RomneyCare. I guess that means I'm supposed to support ObamaCare.
- Trying to decide if I want to watch two liberals debate each other tonight.
- If you want to watch Obama debate a pro-life Christian, you'll have to skip tonight's debate and just watch this debate instead.
- All my friends are at the debate. Wish I could have been there too.
- I was in the mood to watch a debate tonight between a conservative and a liberal. Just checked the TV guide. Nothing like that on television tonight. Bummer.
- Records speak louder than words.
- It's so interesting to see how conservatives have evolved over the years. Last night, conservatives all over the country were defending Romney's individually mandated, socialized healthcare plan over Obama's.
Conservatives defending one form of socialism over another. Who would have thought?
- Liberals are always sizing up candidates against their worldview. Conservatives size up their candidates against the liberals. Does no one else see anything wrong with this?
- Have you ever wondered what it would have been like to live in Nazi Germany, where Jews were slaughtered daily, and people chose to debate the economy? Wonder no longer...
- The Bible often uses pagans as an example to believers as to how they should act! Well, Christians could really learn a lesson from the Democrats.
Democrats don't compromise. Democrats push to further and further entrench their worldview into society. Democrats do not look across the aisle at the Republican in order to determine who they will run. They simply don't care. They would rather lose than compromise, because they realize that compromise is the same as losing.
Does this mean they are more dedicated in their hatred of God than Christians are in their obedience of Him?
- I'm more concerned about who Christians have become than what this country has become.
- I really can't stand the foolishness anymore. Come election time, people seem to lose the ability to make rational statements and arguments.
I've been told dozens of times now that I'm looking for a perfect candidate, because I won't vote for Romney. Here's how the conversation goes:
"You're looking for a perfect candidate and no one is perfect except Jesus!"
Will - "I'm not voting for Romney because of his intense pro-abortion and pro-homosexual record, for starters."
"No one is perfect, so get over it."
Will - "I'm not going to vote for Obama because of his pro-abortion and pro-homosexual record. Does that mean I'm looking for a perfect candidate, because I won't vote for Obama?"
- Christians would vote for Obama with an R if he was running against Obama with a D.
- How many children does a politician have to be willing to kill before you will no longer vote for him? Or do you have no such threshold and will vote for anyone, no matter how evil, just as long as their opponent is willing to kill just one more than they are? It has to be one or the other.
- God hates the hands that shed innocent blood, yet Christians vote for the hands that shed innocent blood.
- Can someone please explain to me why people lose the ability to reason come election time?
- If people had to at least know something about Romney's record before they would be allowed to vote for him, he would lose in a landslide.
- Most people know that I think voting for Romney is a moral issue. (Excuse me for thinking that supporting someone who supports the killing of innocent people and has single-handedly done more to advance sodomy than any politician in this country, is a moral issue.)
But I also think that voting for Romney is about the most foolish strategy I've ever heard of. You mean to tell me that voting for increasingly liberal politicians (W. Bush, McCain, Romney) is going to slowly bring us back to conservatism? How does that work again?
- Two men are running for President of the United States and both men are racist. Both men want to return to slavery to fix the economy. Candidate A wants to enslave 100% of blacks in the country. Candidate B only wants to enslave 99% of blacks in the country. (He doesn't want to enslave the mentally handicapped.) Who would you vote for?
- Two men are trying to break into a school. One guy is trying to break in because he wants to kill all the kids inside. The other guy is trying to break in because he wants to just kill some of the kids. Which one would you help get in the school?
- Ignore this story. Nothing to see here. It's just the equivalent of a politician in the 1800s saying that slavery is not part of his agenda. No biggie. Let's focus on the economy!
- Skip this article. It's only the equivalent of a politician in Nazi Germany saying that the Jews are not on his radar screen. Just focus on how bad Obama is and everything will be just fine.
- FYI, the "R" does not stand for righteous.
- People have been telling me that I should vote for Romney because he picked a pro-life VP. Biden said tonight that he believes life begins at conception. I guess that means I should vote for Obama, because he picked a pro-life VP.
- The reason Republican Presidential candidates take the position of rape, incest and life of the mother exceptions to abortion is this. If they take a no-exceptions position, they will lose the votes of those who hold the exceptions. But if they take an exceptions position, they don't lose the votes of those who have no exceptions.
What this means is that those who have exceptions to abortion are more dedicated to keeping those exceptions legal than those without exceptions are to abolishing abortion completely.
- Was anyone else disappointed last night when Paul Ryan said he believed blacks were persons, but then followed by saying "with exceptions"?
- I see all the emotion and passion (including my own) being exerted for precious Jessica Ridgeway who was dismembered. Imagine if people (including myself) had that same emotion and passion for the little boys and girls dismembered daily in the womb. The abortion holocaust would be ended overnight.
- Typical conversation with a Christian today:
Will - "Would you vote for someone with a radical left-wing record?"
Christian - "I'm not sure. It depends."
Will - "Depends on what?"
Christian - "Are they a republican or democrat?"
- I just told my wife that I am pro-fidelity with exceptions. She is NOT happy.
- Would you praise a politician in Nazi Germany for "winning" a debate while he argued that he would kill less Jews than his opponent?
- You can lead a man to the truth, but you can't make him think.
- The story of my life:
2004 - "Will, you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. He only supports killing 10,000 kids, but the other guy supports killing 50,000 kids!"
2008 - "Will, you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. He only supports killing 100,000 kids, but the other guy supports killing 500,000 kids!"
2012 - "Will, you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. He only supports killing 1 million kids, but the other guy supports killing 5 million!"
Am I the only one that sees the problem here? How exactly is this progress? What exactly is going to turn this around again?
This sure looks to me like what Romans 3:8 warned us not to do.
"And why not say, “Let us do evil that good may come”?—as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just." Rom. 3:8
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13 (This includes resisting the temptation to vote for Romney.)
- How many people are planning on casting their vote for a man who supports dismembering Jessica Ridgeway if she was just a little bit younger?
- Is anyone else tired of these Obama ads lying about Romney being pro-life?
- The only pro-lifers who split the vote are the ones who vote for child killers.
- For anyone that has a problem with President Obama, let me know when you find the perfect candidate.
- Is Romney's inner Democrat coming out with the blue tie?
- I need to clear something up here. Planned Parenthood, the evil organization that Romney gave permanent power to in Massachusetts, does not do mammograms.
- Don't miss Romney's new abortion ad, where he ends the lie that he wants to end abortion and reaffirms that the economy is way more important than these little children!
- If we can't afford 4 more years of Obama, I can't imagine how bad 8 years of Romney would be.
- A lot of people are referring to the man who dismembered Jessica Ridgeway as a "monster." I could not agree more.
But these same people support abortion and support candidates who support dismembering children. How old does a child need to be before dismembering them makes you a monster?
- To all Romney voters: How many innocent children does a candidate have to support killing before you won't vote for him? Or will you vote for anyone as long as they support killing just one less child than their opponent?
- So let me get this straight. All a politician has to do to get your vote is tell you he's changed his mind on everything he's done in the past?
- From what everyone is telling me, it looks like Obama is going to win in a landslide!
Everyone tells me that if someone doesn't vote at all, they're voting for Obama. And everyone tells me that if someone votes 3rd party, they're voting for Obama. And everyone also tells me that if someone writes in their vote, they too are voting for Obama.
I may not be a math scholar, but if Obama gets all his votes, PLUS all non-votes, 3rd party votes and write-in votes, this is going to be an absolute slaughter!
- Obama claims to be a Christian, yet all my friends tell me not to believe him because of all the evidence to the contrary.
Romney claims to be pro-life, and all my friends tell me I have to believe what he says despite all the evidence against it.
I just don't think I can take the hypocrisy anymore.
- Don't worry God, I know what I'm doing here. He's going to fix the economy!
- Does God ask us to win at all costs or to obey Him at all costs?
- Come election time, I always remind myself to not get too caught up in the economy and how the different candidates will affect my future financially, because "The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil."
The love of money can make it easy to forget about the current holocaust in this country.
- When you remove the mask on what many Christians are calling "political pragmatism," you find moral relativism.
- The arguments to vote for pro-choice politicians have become so weak, I can't imagine where they're headed next.
I predict that very soon the argument to vote for one politician over another will come down which one's wife is more pro-life.
- Have you heard of the NPV translation of the Bible? It's the New Political Version. Here's Romans 12:21 in the NPV.
"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with the lesser of two evils."
- Okay, let's up the ante. Let's say Romney only supports killing one child as President. Just one. And he'll accomplish it by executive order. That's way better than Obama, right?
So if that one child Romney supported killing turned out to be your son or daughter, would you still support him?
This is important because Christ said, "Love your neighbor as yourself." Do we really love our neighbors as ourselves?
- I need to clear something up. We do not have a 2-party system. (I would love it if we had a 2-party system.)
What we have is a choice between two liberals. There are two options, yes. But not two parties.
- Read another interesting verse in the NPV (New Political Version). It's 1 Thessalonians 5:22.
"Abstain from every form of evil, except the lesser of two evils."
- I had an epiphany today. People keep telling me that it appears I support Obama because I'm against Romney. That makes absolutely no sense to me, but I figured it out today.
It's a symptom of the misnomer that if Obama is evil, his opposition is automatically by default, good. Just because a Democrat is bad, doesn't make a Republican good. And just because Obama is bad, doesn't make Romney good.
That poor logic has spilled over into this idea that just because I think Romney is bad, I must therefore think Obama is good. That too is poor logic.
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. The fear of Obama is the beginning of compromise.
- Something occurred to me today. Christians literally don't stand for anything when it comes to voting. The proof is that no one will give me any disqualifying issues. How could they?
- "Nutritionally, you are what you eat. Politically, you are what you vote." –Presidential Candidate Tom Hoefling
Today's Resource: Have you seen the Government Department at our KGOV Store? We are featuring Bruce Shortt's vitally-important book, The Harsh Truth about Public Schools. And also, check out the classic God's Criminal Justice System seminar, God and the Death Penalty, Live from Las Vegas, and Bob on Drugs DVDs, and ARTL's powerhouse Focus on the Strategy video resources!