* Which of the Following Verses Teach that All Sins are NOT Equal? While answering that question, also answer this question: Who spoke most of the Bible verses which most clearly teach that not all sins are equal?
See this as a quiz
in Bob's Writings at kgov.com/all-sins
- Jesus answered Pilate: "the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin." John 19:11
- You who judged your sisters, bear your own shame also, because the sins which you committed were more abominable than theirs..." Ezekiel 16:51-52
- "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea." –Jesus, Mat. 18:6 [That is, it would be worse for that one than for the little one whom he tempted to sin.]
- "[Some] shall be beaten with many stripes. But [some] shall be beaten with few… For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required... I came to send fire [judgment] on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!" -Jesus, Luke 12:47, 49
- "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation." -Jesus, Mat. 23:14
- "Woe to you, scribes… you will receive greater condemnation." -Jesus, Mat. 23:14
- "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves." -Jesus, Mat. 23:15
- "And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." -Jesus, Mat. 7:3-5
- "Bethsaida… it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum… it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you." -Jesus, Mat. 11:21-24
- "In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow…" Revelation 18:7
- "teachers… shall receive a stricter judgment." James 3:1
- "Beware of the scribes... who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation." Luke 20:46-47
- These things are an abomination to the Lord: "A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:17-19
A cliché is impervious to Scripture. Most of the above verses easily prove false the unfortunate Christian cliché that all sins are equal, a falsehood not taught in any scripture. If this thought makes you uncomfortable, you may be nicer than God. But don't worry, there's a cure for that! You can read or listen to BEL's Nicer than God study! Then, as you're recovering, you can strengthen yourself by remembering that Judge Rightly is Not Some Guy's Name! So, of course, not all sins are equal. Each sin, though, insults Almighty God and apart from salvation would lead to eternal separation from God.
* The Bible Gets Easier to Understand: This book is Bob Enyart's life's work. Apparent contradictions plague many Bible students. In The Plot, Enyart set out to demonstrate how hundreds of such contradictions disappear when the reader applies the big picture of the Bible to its details. Tunnel vision focuses so narrowly on a problem that the solution often lies just out of view. As the pastor of Denver Bible Church, Bob Enyart teaches Christians how to use the whole counsel of God to understand the plot of the Bible and solve biblical mysteries. As with all of our BEL resources, The Plot comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. And as we become proficient in the big picture, that is, the overview of the story of the Bible, then countless details, including as one small example, about the cities of refuge, become increasingly clear!
* The Plot on Audio: Far better than an audio book, for those who prefer to listen (while they walk, job, drive, or work) rather than reading, you can listen to Bob Enyart teach through the fascinating topics in his book in this Plot Audio Set.
* The Plot Boys: For kids ages eleven and up (and their parents :), check out The Plot Boys! Bob Enyart recorded these wonderful programs with two young Bible students, Josh and Stephen, ages 11 and 12, both of whom are being used of God to promote a Christian, biblical worldview! (There's enough material in The Plot Boys for a home-school family to listen to these studies for an entire year's Bible course.
Today's Resource: Please consider getting Bob's life's work: The Plot!
March is BEL Telethon Month
We're at $5,700 of our $25,000 goal. Thank you! Please consider one or more of our monthly subscriptions that will not only help support BEL, they will also help to better understand the Bible and equip you to be a better witness to those around you.
One-Time Donation: Anywhere from $5 to $1,000, please click here. Thanks!
Buy a Great BEL Resource: BEL videos, Bible studies, seminars, debates, etc., just click here. Thanks!
Monthly Sermons: Enjoy all of Bob's sermons from the month on Sermon Video DVDs, great also to watch with the family. Or, get these on Sermon Audio CDs which are standard audio Compact Discs that will play on any CD player including the one in your car. Or get them on a single Sermon MP3-CD which will play on an MP3 player, in a DVD player, or in your computer.
Monthly Bible Studies: Enjoy the Scriptures with Bob's Monthly Bible Study DVDs, great too for a small group Bible study. Or get these teachings on a single Monthly Bible Study Audio MP3- CD which will play on an MP3 player, in a DVD player, or in your computer.
Monthly Topical Videos: Coming to your mailbox, you'll get a Monthly Topical DVD to enjoy one of Bob's great videos specially selected to be entertaining and to teach about life from a biblical worldview.
Monthly Best of Bob Shows: Every month our crew selects the eight best BEL shows of the month! For the folks who might have missed some of them, we mail them out on the Best of Bob MP3-CD.
Monthly BEL TV Classics: Enjoy Bob Enyart's timeless, popular TV show delivered to your home on the Monthly BEL TV Classics DVDs with great audio and video clarity thanks to our state-of-the-art mastering from the studio-quality Sony beta tapes to DVD!
Monthly Donation: For folks who just want to make sure that Bob Enyart Live stays on the air, please consider making a pledge in the form of a Monthly Donation.
You can subscribe online or by calling 1-800-8Enyart (303-463-7789).
* Free Gift: When you subscribe to any monthly subscription or monthly donation, or a one-time donation of $50 or more, we will send you as a gift your choice of any BEL video or audio resource from our KGOV Store!