* Cassuto & Gentry Demolish JEDP: Tim Mahoney's film series Patterns of Evidence presented the Documentary Hypothesis attack on Moses as the author of Genesis and the whole Torah. An intriguing screen moment was when Prof. Peter Gentry recounts asking his own professor about a book by preeminent academic Umberto Cassuto called The Documentary Hypothesis. His professor responds, "We don’t read things like that here." Really? This little book presents lectures delivered at Jerusalem's Hebrew University by Dr. Cassuto, holding professorships at the University of Florence and the University of Rome until the Italian fascists enacted their anti-Semitic laws when he had to leave and went to the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Dr. Gentry, who studied language and Old Testament at Dallas Theological Seminary, Jerusalem University College, and earned his degrees from the University of Toronto, talks Bob Enyart through Cassuto's powerful arguments against what's known as the JEDP Documentary Hypothesis and affirming the integrity of the authorship of the Pentateuch. See this also at rsr.org/exodus#gentry and you can hear rsr.org/gentry-2 and rsr.org/gentry-3 and watch Mahoney's The Moses Controversy for the powerful historical evidence of Hebrew as the world's first alphabet and for it's availability for writing the Pentateuch (and, as RSR adds, the Book of Job) at the time of the Exodus.
* RSR Defending the Text:
- Rescuing Mark's last 12 verses
- Resolving those Alleged Contradictions
- Demolishing the JEDP Documentary Hypothesis (this program)
- Liberals and Atheists No Longer Control Our Greek Text
* Pre-Cassuto Post-Cassuto: Regarding the Documentary Hyphothesis, it's been a pre-Cassuto and post-Cassuto world ever since Umberto lectured at Hebrew University against the claimed four JEDP sources of Genesis and whole Pentateuch, that is, the alleged Yahweh, Elohim, Deuteronomist, and Priestly divisions of many of the chapters in the first five books of Moses.
* Prof. Gentry's Resources: Dr. Peter Gentry's scholarly and popular works include the following two texts...
* Real Science Radio Online Store: We invite you to browse the science department of our online store. Any purchase or especially, any subscription, donation, or automatic monthly donation, really helps RSR continue to reach more people with our streaming, podcasts, and radio broadcasts!
* Get the Patterns of Evidence Films: You can get Tim Mahoney's three films, and other Exodus resources, found in RSR's Patterns Department in our online store! And check out the trailer for Tim's second film, The Moses Controversy...
* Note on Gentry and the Giants: Dr. Gentry teaches that in Genesis 6 the Bible does clearly represent, with support from other Scriptures, that fallen angels reproduced with women. However, we disagree with Dr. Gentry in that we hold that there are not two different groups of beings, nephilim and giants (see rsr.org/giants) but that these describe one and the same group. And also unlike the good doctor we hold that Ezekiel 14 and Isaiah 28 do describe Lucifer's fall.
* And for Our Mutual Quarantine: You're invited to watch, for free, the Fathom Event film Is Genesis History? Also, if you're interested in the science surrounding the coronavirus we invited you to check out at rsr.org/covid our interviews with molecular biologists and famed scientists including Michael Behe and James Tour! And you can consider our rsr.org/25-ways-the-shutdown-kills and our 25 rsr.org/christian-covid-conspiracies.