Today we air the McCorvey interview that we conducted and then buried back in 2012. First though, regarding Norma's reversal, the godless and bloodthirsty left relishes that in a documentary being released post mortem, she recanted her anti-abortion position. The carcass of Newsweek magazine is the website called the DailyBeast. The Beast admits to being confused (nothing new there), that if Norma's entire conversion was an act, and she was only pretending, then why did she break off her relationship with her lesbian partner whom she continued to live with for years to come? The article says that partner was devastated that their relationship had ended (even though they continued as roomates). It could be that her late-in-years recounting from the nursing home she was living in was not especially accurate. We'll all find out the truth eventually. But her interaction with Flip Benham and other Christians perhaps left her conflicted and not totally lying. As to Norma being paid, whatever is the truth there, it's routine to pay spokesmen (though CRTL and American RTL do not pay their spokespersons). It's also routine to discuss talking points. (See also the statement from Operation Rescue National / Operation Save America director Rusty Thomas, below and hear the end of our interview at kgov.com/norma-mccorvey.)
As for Rob Schenck however, who was apparently involved with Norma and who has also since betrayed the Lord by promoting homosexuality and abortion (these typically go together), he was always a dupe. In Part 2 of our abolition trilogy Focus on the Strategy, Schenck makes a 40-second cameo back on April 18, 2007 and we rebuke him for his misinformation.
Today's Resource: Focus on the Strategy 2
Awesome! Six hundred thumbs up! Focus on the Strategy II was filmed before a live audience of 300 Christian activists in the Supreme Court chambers of the Colorado State Capitol building during an event marking to the very day the 40th anniversary of Americas first law legalizing abortion for rape and incest.
Focus on the Strategy II not only documents the political sell-out of the pro-life movement, it answers the question of how to restore the movement and end Americas legalized child killing. Focus II stands alone, preferably viewed before Focus I, and documents that:
- Colorados Republican Governor John Love signed the nations first permissive abortion law in 1967.
- Republican U.S. Supreme Court Justice Harry Blackmun wrote Roe v. Wade.
- The 7-to-2 Roe v. Wade ruling was approved with five a Republican majority of five votes.
- The Republican Justices now on the Court (including Scalia, Thomas, Alito and Roberts) oppose personhood.
- All six Republican judges on the 11th circuit (nominated by Reagan, Bush Sr. & George W. Bush) voted to kill Terri Schiavo.
- Republican pro-life heroine Priscilla Owen voted to abort Baby 10 as a Texas Supreme Court judge.
- Republican pro-life hero Samuel Alito sided with Planned Parenthood in repeated 3rd-circuit rulings, including ruling to keep partial birth abortion legal.
- Republican George W. Bush refused to support South Dakotas total ban on abortion.
- Hundreds of pro-life laws that regulate abortion that will actually keep abortion legal after Roe is overturned such as the Informed Consent laws.
Focus on the Strategy II includes audio and video clips of:
- Pro-life Notre Dame law professor Charles Rice criticizing National Right to Life and their strategy.
- Former presidential candidate and Ambassador Alan Keyes exposing as a pro-life failure the recent Gonzales v. Carhart partial-birth abortion ruling.
- Columbine dad Brian Rohrbough condemning the hypocrisy of National Right to Life.
- A debate excerpt between Steve Ertelt of LifeNews.com and the president of Colorado RTL.
- Founding board member of Natl RTL, John Archibold, condemning NRTL for their immoral and failed strategy.
- Focus on the Family staff falsely claiming that the recent Carhart ruling outlawed late-term abortion.
- Pro-life nationally-syndicated Salem Radio host Hugh Hewitt admitting his willingness to vote pro-choice.
- Syndicated radio host Laura Ingraham with pro-life Bill Kristol on behalf of pro-abortion Rudi Giuliani.
- National Pro-Life Radio falsely claiming Carhart protected life from the moment of conception.
- Personal correspondence from Dr. Dobson (on letterhead and by his own hand) exposing the tragic secular humanism and moral relativism among our greatest Christian leaders!
In this DVD, longtime Denver talk show host Bob Enyart demonstrates that National RTL has turned over the spiritual direction of our Christian movement to secular lawyers who say that we must obey man rather than God. As a result, the pro-life industry has become primarily a fund-raising wing of the Republican Party. Evidence in Focus on the Strategy II destroys National RTLs false claim that their child-killing regulations save lives. Since the release of this blockbuster video, National Right to Life and the child-killing regulators have been on the defensive, as the personhood wing of the pro-life movement advances!
Focus II has done what people thought impossible, it has exceeded the power and insight of Focus I. Milwaukee Pastor Matt Trewhella, after showing the BEL DVD Focus on the Strategy to his congregation in July 2007, told them that "Bob Enyart's Focus on the Strategy is the most important message for the Christian community in a century!" Now, Christian leaders across America are raving about the must-see sequel, Focus II, which you must see to believe.
At 50 minutes, Focus on the Strategy II is just the right length to watch in a Sunday School class, or with friends at a video party at home (yours or theirs)! There is no need to watch the prequel Focus on the Strategy, before watching this sequel, however they support one another powerfully!
By now, most of you may have heard the controversy surrounding Norma McCorvey. The pro-abort/homosexual community has "evidence" that close to death, Norma recanted her conversion. According to them, Norma played both sides that exploited her and used them for personal gain. In other words, her testimony is a fake
I just got off the phone with brother Flip Benham who will be issuing a press release and a video to separate fact from fiction. I've had CNN and LA Times contact me a few times with questions. The following is my response. Pray the Lord be glorified and the truth revealed in Jesus' name!
When Norma was converted and baptized, our ministry Operation Rescue/Operation Save America took very serious our duty before God our to care for her bruised and battered soul. It is true that both sides to a certain degree exploited Norma for their own purposes. We took a different approach.
We cared more about her as a person than what she could do for the cause. We sat her down to root and ground her in the faith, so she would be prepared to face the controversy surrounding her powerful testimony.
The Scriptures warn to not lift up a novice before the time, lest they be filled with pride and fall under the commendation of the Devil. We were teaching her the way of Christ, which is, it is better to serve, than to be served. Like most humans, however, we like it the other way around and Norma was no exception.
Eventually the Catholic church began to offer her speaking engagements that would not only give her public recognition in the pro-life movement, but speaking fees as well. How much, again, I do not know. Anyway, you had us admonishing Norma to sit down for now to get strengthened in the faith to be equipped to handle the battle ahead before launching into public ministry and others saying the door is wide open to have all these things right now. Norma went with the latter option and the rest they say is history.
I truly believe Norma had a genuine conversion, but other things entered in to seek to discredit her testimony and I'm sure the powers that be will take advantage of it to further their pro-abort/homosexual narrative that paints all Christians as hypocrites, charlatans, and liars. Through it all, a few things I truly know, Jesus is still Lord, abortion is still a sin and crime, and the world will use this controversy to justify the evil of abortion.
IN KING JESUS' SERVICE,
Rusty Thomas, National Director, Operation Save America